• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDV5D1fdNSCKNNMRtMCutjhe

Since the last time we expected something wasn't conclusive, don't bother too much, but still.

Btw, is the walmart rumor about Paper Mario (which I think is fake) is still talked on gaming sites?

Because honestly, thanks for the leaker whether or not it's fake. The series quite needs some attention like this especially with what happened with sticker star.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wait, people didn't know SF5 was going to be a thing? They announced it about a month ago.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was never able to get into traditional fighters. I tried Skullgirls for a while, but I gave up. Inputs like the quarter circle is out of my league.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if the Japanese will compare Ryu to a gorilla. :4myfriends:
Japan seems to have a thing for "pretty boys" anyway. I think Ryu looks pretty badass, and so does Ike. Not their fault people couldn't handle the BEEEEEEEF!!! :4ganondorf:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, people didn't know SF5 was going to be a thing? They announced it about a month ago.
I thought it was only a rumor when it was first mentioned, so I didn't put too much stock into it.

Also I see that you're Burter and that @ Kenith Kenith is Jeice. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was Raccoom or Ginyu. But no one wants to be Guldo.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was never able to get into traditional fighters. I tried Skullgirls for a while, but I gave up. Inputs like the quarter circle is out of my league.
...Pressing down and forward or curving a a control stick up diagonally from the bottom to the left or right is out of your league?

But it's so simple! So basic! Even outside of fighting games! D:

...Yeah, I don't get it. Sorry. -~-'

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
...Pressing down and forward or curving a a control stick up diagonally from the bottom to the left or right is out of your league?

I wonder how I would view smash if I was used to stick wiggling stuff before...

Because now, I found smash really nice to simplify it.

As well as kirby air ride....

which doesn`t seem to be everyone's opinion because imo, air ride is underated.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I find it hard to pull it off consistently for some reason. ;_;

Last edited:

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
I'd say the problem is more *CHAINING* these sorts of inputs in quick succession more than the single input itself. It's often hard to tell when you are able to perform another action after you attack, especially if you want to land a combo.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I thought it was only a rumor when it was first mentioned, so I didn't put too much stock into it.

Also I see that you're Burter and that @ Kenith Kenith is Jeice. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone was Raccoom or Ginyu. But no one wants to be Guldo.
I was gonna be Guldo, but being the fastest in the universe was too tempting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't get to play much Street Fighter. But I have played MVC1 and MVC3 a fair bit. Fireball motions aren't too hard at all. Same kind of goes for Half-Circle motions. But Uppercut motions are slightly annoying to do. Fireball motions do show up a lot in Tekken and Soul Calibur though.

That said, MK styled motions, like Down to Forward or Back, Back, Forward are much simpler to pull off.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not into traditional fighters' sort of controls either. Those circles and all that aren't my kind of thing.

It's frustrating that, when trying to do something, you mis-input something and you end up doing something you didn't intend to. Or when you don't do such inputs fast enough.

Doesn't help that my hand movement coordination isn't the best around.

Simplicity of controls is one of the reasons I like Smash. It's part of why I like RPGs and RTSs as well. The controls are simple, intuitive and the games solely rely on strategic thought and skill instead of "mis-input a command and you may be screwed".

In my opinion, said sort of controls are fake difficulty. They make the games unnecessarily more complicated than they need to be.

That sums up on why I dislike traditional fighting games and why I can't get into them.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You're not Sonic
To be fair, the Flash is way, way, way faster. It's not even funny.

Oh what does he know? This is the man who theorized that Companion Cubes were made out of corpses.
Also the same guy who said Mario was psycho and that Rosalina was Peach's kid. Even though early story drafts said the two were meant to be sisters. But then Nintendo said **** that, because who cares about story in Mario.

All in all, his videos are just what he says, theories.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Plebians. Talking about DBZ characters but not choosing the best out of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom