• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've figured out that, because of his strong attack and healing move, if I don't catch him within the first 4 ultra balls, I'm not going to catch him

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Whats so bad about Mac maaaaaaan D:
In regards to Conquest, it's the fact that any team with Mac on it = auto/easy win since so many people use him.

They basically have to "weigh him down" by pairing him with a bunch of seldom used characters to make it fair.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Shinichi.

It's...Shinichi. Shinichi Kudo from Detective Conan.

Detective. Conan.

DETECTIVE ****ING CONAN!

TO HELL WITH THAT ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS LOCALIZATION ****!

Anywho, I'm well aware of what Hyouka is about. I've just had no interest in watching it because of that. I'll stick to Detective Conan. <3
Well, there was a poor translation for a DOTA 2 character that lead to Carl. I think there were legal issues to0 about his intended name, but whatever. BEHOLD! BEWARE CARL, THE INVOKER! :p

I just realized that he has pointy ears like an elf. What kind of elf is named... C-Carl?! :joyful:

If I ever play DOTA2, I am definitely maining Carl. :rotfl:

At least Jimmy's a regular name. Do you want to make me bring up what localization did to Japanese food?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, there was a poor translation for a DOTA 2 character that lead to Carl. I think there were legal issues to0 about his intended name, but whatever. BEHOLD! BEWARE CARL, THE INVOKER! :p

I just realized that he has pointy ears like an elf. What kind of elf is named... C-Carl?! :joyful:

If I ever play DOTA2, I am definitely maining Carl. :rotfl:
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/8/81/Invo_rare_05.mp3
Also the Carl thing is more of an in-joke than a legitimate localization issue. A Chinese changelog of version 6.72 for Dota 2 revealed a Hero named "Kael" (Invoker's original name from WC3 Dota) was being ported, and someone put the notes into Google Translate to get a rough translation. Long story short, GT translated "Kael" to "Carl" and so was born the ultimate name of power.

Last edited by a moderator:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
From the first official pic of the day

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 12.09.22 AM.png

to the last

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 12.10.18 AM.png

These have been wonderful pictures and getting information everyday was amazing. Thank you Sakurai for taking time out of your day to show us something about the game. Now the game is left to us to keep alive.

RIP Pic of the Day June 11th 2013 - December 5th 2014

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So end the Pictures of the Day. The end of an era, I guess.

It's been a year and a half since they started and they were a big motivation for me turning on the PC as soon as I started my days, as they were posted in the early morning in the European time zones.

I can't say I won't miss them. :)

Conquest for the week of 12/04/2014 - 12/11/2014
-
Noobs!

Team Rosalina
:rosalina::4robinm::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4shulk:

Team Greninja
:4greninja::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman:

Team Villager
:4villager::4palutena::4littlemac::4megaman:

-

Actually burst out laughing at this for multiple reasons. Mostly scrub character archetypes, and the team with Mac on it having only 4 people to "compensate."
There's Robin, Dark Pit, Lucina, Bowser Jr. and Greninja on the Red and Blue teams.

I ought to help in bringing the green team down. :shades:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Conquest for the week of 12/04/2014 - 12/11/2014
-
Noobs!

Team Rosalina
:rosalina::4robinm::4duckhunt::4wiifit::4shulk:

Team Greninja
:4greninja::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman:

Team Villager
:4villager::4palutena::4littlemac::4megaman:

-

Actually burst out laughing at this for multiple reasons. Mostly scrub character archetypes, and the team with Mac on it having only 4 people to "compensate."
*is a Lucina main*

I'm stuck with two characters I fairly like and two characters I really don't like. ****.

Take a guess as to who which is which, folks. ¦D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to train before attempting kyogre again

Going to grind until 80

My swampert is 70 ATM

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My new sig is from my favourite poet of all time.

Also, I'm Team Blue all the way, even though Rosalina is my waifu.

I just really, really hate Shulk in this game. I'm not really feeling it.

D

Deleted member

Guess I'm with Team Greninja because Pac-Man.
inb4littlemaccarriesteamvillagertovictory

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wish my sleeping schedule wasn't so screwed up. Every time I finally sleep at a normal time, I end up only getting 5 or 4 hours of sleep and not being tired enough to sleep til the middle of the day. =w =

anyways hi smashbread how are you this morning

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've decided to train before attempting kyogre again

Going to grind until 80

My swampert is 70 ATM
I didn't have too much trouble with Groudon because Altaria barely took much damage from Lava Plume and his two other damaging moves are ground type. What moves does Kyogre know?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't have too much trouble with Groudon because Altaria barely took much damage from Lava Plume and his two other damaging moves are ground type. What moves does Kyogre know?
Ice Beam
Some kind of healing move
Some kind of ultimate attack
and body slam

The problem is I'm trying to get Modest Kyogre, I keep getting Naive

Edit: Also, ALL of my pokemon kill it in 1 hit

Except for one, which has hold back

So as soon as that hold back guy dies, I can't guarantee it will survive a hit from anyone else, but it heals itself the entire time

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ice Beam
Some kind of healing move
Some kind of ultimate attack
and body slam

The problem is I'm trying to get Modest Kyogre, I keep getting Naive

Edit: Also, ALL of my pokemon kill it in 1 hit

Except for one, which has hold back

So as soon as that hold back guy dies, I can't guarantee it will survive a hit from anyone else, but it heals itself the entire time
I would suggest giving another Pokemon False Swipe for when Hold Back guy gets KOed. Just making sure, do you have a modest synchronizer in the front of your party? Having a Milotic might be useful...it would resist Ice Beam and Origin Pulse. As long as Kyogre is Modest, Body Slam shouldn't do too much. Activate Aqua Ring so that you can still slowly heal to last longer. I also doubt Kyogre would be OHKOed by a Milotic if it uses a special water attack.

That's a suggestion for if you have a Milotic or have access to one through trading with someone else or something. If not, Feebas is caught on that one route and has a 100% encounter rate if you fish under a certain bridge during the day. Just see if someone is willing to attach a Prism Scale and trade back to you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would suggest giving another Pokemon False Swipe for when Hold Back guy gets KOed. Just making sure, do you have a modest synchronizer in the front of your party? Having a Milotic might be useful...it would resist Ice Beam and Origin Pulse. As long as Kyogre is Modest, Body Slam shouldn't do too much. Activate Aqua Ring so that you can still slowly heal to last longer. I also doubt Kyogre would be OHKOed by a Milotic if it uses a special water attack.

That's a suggestion for if you have a Milotic or have access to one through trading with someone else or something. If not, Feebas is caught on that one route and has a 100% encounter rate if you fish under a certain bridge during the day. Just see if someone is willing to attach a Prism Scale and trade back to you.
So it doesn't evolve with 100% beauty?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So it doesn't evolve with 100% beauty?
It has two evolution methods. One of them is 100% Beauty and the other is to attach the Prism Scale. In this generation, the only way to get 100% Beauty is Pokeblocks in ORAS, and the only way to get the Prism Scale is in XY. If you know someone with XY who is willing to grab a Prism Scale and help you evolve a Feebas, that would be a lot faster than figuring out Pokeblocks for 100% Beauty if you never planned on doing contests.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Feebas was terrible in the original R/S/E.
I finally found and caught one and was happy, but I couldn't get its Beauty level high enough to evolve. You can only use so many Pokeblocks on a Pokemon before it won't take anymore. (ever again)

Worst part was that I didn't catch another Feebas of the other sex, so I couldn't mate them and easily breed more of them. And I forgot the tile where I fished for the Feebas...

I guess the Pokeblock level wasn't high enough, but it was also because the Feebas didn't have the right nature... So it comes down to luck, pretty much. :<

I really wish it was possible to change a Pokemon's nature. Should've done it in OR/AS, since natures originated in R/S.

----

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Feebas was terrible in the original R/S/E.
I finally found and caught one and was happy, but I couldn't get its Beauty level high enough to evolve. You can only use so many Pokeblocks on a Pokemon before it won't take anymore. (ever again)

Worst part was that I didn't catch another Feebas of the other sex, so I couldn't mate them and easily breed more of them. And I forgot the tile where I fished for the Feebas...

I guess the Pokeblock level wasn't high enough, but it was also because the Feebas didn't have the right nature... So it comes down to luck, pretty much. :<

I really wish it was possible to change a Pokemon's nature. Should've done it in OR/AS, since natures originated in R/S.

----
Well, at least, now there are Prism Scales to evolve him without having to boost the Beauty stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom