• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I just unlocked R.O.B the "proper" way, and wow, Crazy Orders are nail-bitingly tense. :crazy:

It took about an hour to just get a pass from Classic, and hen there were a good few tight scrapes, but I finally passed the 10 mark and beat Crazy, earning the "Challenger Approaching" screen.

Anyway, anyone up for a match, preferably on Wii U? ;)

NNID: HyperToxBox64
I did too, Crazy Orders are super tense. ROB himself actually surprised me, hes pretty damn good.

And sure, I'l bite. We do best of 3?

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Is anyone else deathly paranoid of the error code?
Sure am, so I'll stick to training with my amiiboshi :4yoshi:(wow, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT WHEN I WAS TRYING TO NAME IT?! ended up calling it Bubbles), apparently people have only encountered the glitch playing online or master/crazy orders.

Then again, maybe I'll take a little break from Smash U....

I wonder if the ability to patch things has made developers "lazy", since they could reason that they might as well get money from gamers who then act as "playtesters" for free, and patch whatever glitches/bugs/shenanigans they find.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some guy on GameFAQs posted this.

First post on this page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70709994?page=13

More than half of the characters can be considered anime with this meaning...

Peach and Rosie: big eyes, slim bodies, big heads.

NES's, T. Link, Villager: super deformed

FE characters, Xenoblade characters, KI characters, LOZ characters (sans T. Link), Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac: "realistic"

Bowser: Kaiju

Kirby, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Pac-Man: waddling heads

Captain Falcon: Super Sentai

Mega Man: EXPLICITLY BASED OFF OF ASTRO BOY!

Pikachu: Anime Mascot
If anyone is going to complain about anime-like characters in Smash... This is a good thing to show them and watch them get rekt.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You don't wanna face em, or at least not the mediocre or decent ones. Cheap D-throw to U-air all day, and it's so easy to do, and it kills at higher percents iirc... then there's the Side-B that does more damage, and he has extended range compared to Brawl. And the banana? Still effective despite being nerfed.
Speaking of, the time I actually had to fight an annoyingly average one on For Glory yesterday... I actually had to resort to spamming rolls more than usual to win. My surprise was the person setting up a "USUCK" tag after I barely won... ironic for the person with a top tier saying I sucked when he lost to a Palutena. Of course I left after that. But don't let me rant about it too much. It stresses me out just thinking of Diddy and Mac, or fighting many characters really, but the 2 I named are probably the worst for me.
There's probably a lot of Diddy vids somewhere to show you how obnoxious it is to fight him.
He was pretty obnoxious in Brawl. I get ya from that alone. Once I face some Smash 4 Diddy's, well... yeah.

Actually, I really like the thought that's being put into here about the characters. Remember back in Brawl when people thought MK was bad? Yeah. This is going to be one hell of a metagame, that's for sure~!

People take tiers to seriously, people need to calm down it's not the end of the world if you character low tier. If you play a low tier character that doesn't mean you will get your *** kicked by someone that playing with a high tier characters. The hate for the high tier character is too much at times.
I find tiers interesting, not that I choose my guys based upon them. Being high tier means little to me, but if they can stop me all day, I won't be the top favorite of that character. Seems reasonable. It's natural bias to hate a character that kicks your ass, respectively. Honestly, I don't care much about a tier plaacment unless that character has rules tied to them. That's when I get annoyed. This is why MK annoyed me, because he was given special rules just to make him tolerable. I definitely think people might've been able to knock him down a few pegs if they tried other characters, but that might not have been enough. And I'm not for bans in general, unless there's a problem besides them simply being OP. Master Hand was due to him being litch in Melee. MK is the fact we can't give him the same ruleset as everyone else.

I will note that Mii Fighters essentially may need special rules to determine what customs are allowed, but they have not rue defaults(unlike Palutena), so this is justified slightly. Unless people want to to only use whatever first special they have in each slot, also a viable idea.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I think you set off a landmine when you were talking about my precious Palutena... now unless you're not good with the character, I understand since she's hard to use effectively, but if you say she's terrible, then sounds like a time to "Settle it in Smash!"

All the Palutena hate does make me sad, not going to lie. :(
Yeah well I dislike her in Smash 4, I also dislike her in Kid icarus uprising. She is quite annoying. But everybody has different opinions! :) You can like who you want!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Thank you. I didn't realize a lot of that stuff. I'm not sure if I agree she's anywhere in the upper portion though. As for Olimar, how is he worse than Zelda, who lacks almost everything?

I still feel she's not in the upper. Middle might be a bit more accurate these days. Customs severely improve her, but I'm sure that was intended too. Sakurai made her customs her gimmick, so...
I don't really know a lot about Zelda, you could more accurate stuff on her from her character boards or the Character Competitive Impressions thread. But from what I have gathered she has a scary footsie game and does excellent when the opponent is approaching her. However she does bad when trying to approach and she can't really force approaches all that well.

As for Olimar. Keep in mind that I haven't played 1.0.4 yet, no WiFi to update 3DS and won't be getting Wii-U version until Christmas. But the Pikmin AI are worse then they were in Brawl. 3 Pikmin is horrible because Nolimar sucks. His recovery is actually a nerf for smash 4, his recover from Brawl would be OP in Smash 4 due to tether and ledge mechanic. Usmash and Uair are worse. He's still basically Brawlimar but with big big nerfs and the engine changes don't help him any.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Nichijou is amazingly random. Like seriously, there's a scene with the principal who just fights a deer and wins by doing a "Zangief style" move.

This is the best thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't really know a lot about Zelda, you could more accurate stuff on her from her character boards or the Character Competitive Impressions thread. But from what I have gathered she has a scary footsie game and does excellent when the opponent is approaching her. However she does bad when trying to approach and she can't really force approaches all that well.

As for Olimar. Keep in mind that I haven't played 1.0.4 yet, no WiFi to update 3DS and won't be getting Wii-U version until Christmas. But the Pikmin AI are worse then they were in Brawl. 3 Pikmin is horrible because Nolimar sucks. His recovery is actually a nerf for smash 4, his recover from Brawl would be OP in Smash 4 due to tether and ledge mechanic. Usmash and Uair are worse. He's still basically Brawlimar but with big big nerfs and the engine changes don't help him any.
I have the latest update. May need to look at him to see how he's buffed. Noted. I had little issues with him.

To note, I found Zelda okay during Smash Run. She was one of my few "won first times", but I had to equp with her lots of stuff to do that. Ganondorf I did without any Smash Powers(a few equipped, unused) and zero custom equipment, and no custom moves. I felt he got buffed pretty well. >_> I mean, he's not as high as he would be in Melee just yet(around the middle), but he's an improvement on Brawl, that's for sure. I do feel like Zelda was buffed from Brawl, but not much. I don't remember if I used her since the 1.03 update, so that could be why.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder that SSB4-breaking glitch has only happened for the psychical copies... I have a digital copy, and I want to continue to play online.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To my knowledge, the Pikmin AI is still flawed.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Oh sorry! I have a command on my computer when i'm writing in Chinese. But it is pronounced zhajiangmian, it is fried noodles topped with stired fried pork and fermented soy bean paste. It is super good!

Here is a picture

thanks for clearing that up for me, i though it was a Chinese restaurant excuse me for my ignorance.
Some guy on GameFAQs posted this.

First post on this page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70709994?page=13

If anyone is going to complain about anime-like characters in Smash... This is a good thing to show them and watch them get rekt.
Why people say too many anime characters in video games, Video game characters are not anime characters. Anime is not a art style, the ignorance is high in this year of age.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
thanks for clearing that up for me, i though it was a Chinese restaurant excuse me for my ignorance.

Why people say too many anime characters in video games, Video game characters are not anime characters. Anime is not a art style, the ignorance is high in this year of age.
It's ok. You're not ignorant because you can't read chinese! :)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I wonder that SSB4-breaking glitch has only happened for the psychical copies... I have a digital copy, and I want to continue to play online.
We only know that psychical copies are affected, nobody reported about a digital copy yet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This glitch in Smash isn't anything to joke about, Frosty. It's rendering Wii U systems unplayable.
Last I checked, it doesn't break Wii U consoles. It only renders Smash unplayable.

Way to distort facts and not knowing what the **** is going on. :rolleyes:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
To my knowledge, the Pikmin AI is still flawed.
Flaw in what way? The whole dorking around thing when walking around the stage makes them the ultimate projectile shield since they block every projectile while they stand around. Ive seen wandering pikmin block so many aura spheres and arrows its crazy.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Last I checked, it doesn't break Wii U consoles. It only renders Smash unplayable.

Way to distort facts and not knowing what the **** is going on. :rolleyes:
If you format your Wii U data, it bricks your console. However, since that is known now hopefully no one else will have a bricked console.

It doesn't really matter though, since people are still having to send them in for "repairs".

How would you do the glitch?
We don't know; that's the problem.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Flaw in what way? The whole dorking around thing when walking around the stage makes them the ultimate projectile shield since they block every projectile while they stand around. Ive seen wandering pikmin block so many aura spheres and arrows its crazy.
But then you have one less Pikmin in your control... When you only have 3 Pikmin to begin with...And Nolimar sucks ass.. And you could just use Side Special as a projectile shield just as well.

So totally not flawed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let me put it this way. When the majority of your attacks require to have said Pikmin in order for it to cause damage, it gets annoying real fast when they're zipping across the stage to their death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom