• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Worst character? DARK PIT
Now, you've crossed a line you shouldn't have crossed... :evil:

Especially in this thread.

Especially with me around.

:evil:

We will exchange FCs once my day is over. We will settle things in Smash. Y͈̬͔̱̬ͣͨͦ̋̈͌ͫ̊͛̐̐ͦ̏̐ͯ̈́̈̀̀͝ő͎̰̣̼͈̬̜̼̠̮̯̮̦̅͗͂̚͜u̍ͦ̅̽ͨ̊ͩ̀̄ͫͩ̿̾ͫ̓͝͏̵̡̜͖̗̜̘̙̯̖̦̖͍͔͈͙ͅ ̛̗̫̦̜̟͍̫̠̩̪̱̬̗̆͂̾͛ͣ̃̇̆̍ͧ͐̋̚͜͢͟s̨̘̥͖̯̘̰̦̼͔̟͙̉̌͆̒ͯ͑̂̒ͪͩ͛̄̕̕ͅͅh̎ͩ̽̊̈́̈͜͠͏̤͚̻̪̞͉̰̜̻͚̹͍̥̙̥̱̺̝͙͜a̢̛̮͎͉̤͚̜̭̰̦̬̬ͬ̏̽ͬ̃̌͊́̚̕lͭ͒̿̃̈̂͊͂̐͐̽҉̵͕̣̰̗̲͉̟̻̭̰̩̹͙̕͢͟ͅl̅̄̊́̎̇̇ͬ̓̌ͬ͏̶͕͓̙̥̫̯̲ ̷̸̡̙̪̭̟͙ͦ̿ͦ͋̉ͧͨ̑̀ͫͭ̔͆͒͢͝n̴͔̣̗͔͉̩̪̤̗͙̥͎̫̮͓̣͒̄ͪ͑ͮ͑͛ͩ̈̓ͣ͊͆͌̈̀̚̚͝ŏ̸͓̭̘͚̪͈͓͇͑ͮ̀̾̃ͤͫ̂̆͑͌ͨͩͩ̕͞͞ͅţ̷̏̃̄̃͒ͯ̇͗ͫͯ̐̉̄̃́̾ͣ͜͢͏̤̰͓̖̹̮̝͙̣̗͈̖͕̣̩̱̟ͅͅ ̛̩̮̩̹̹̭̹̼͔͎̮͎̮̜̤͔̣̪͑ͭ̾̄̈̇ͯͮ͑ͣ͒̉̉̚͞e̜̯̣̜̞̲̼̳̘̠̥͇͕̬̩͍̞͉̰ͣͩ͒̑̂͐́̾ͩ̄̎̚͟͢s̞̦̟͚͛̊̿ͥ̽̏ͤ̀͆̂̀̔́c̷ͪ̅͗̽̊́͌̒̒͗̍ͫ̌̾̄̿͏̣̼͎͔̻͇a̡̨̞͚̹̤̻̳͕͎̜̣̝̠̼͚͈̙̯͙ͯ̋ͦͭ͑̅̽̎̓̉̇͛̈́͗͠p̺̜̠͇̳͓͔͔͓̳̥̿̾ͤ̓ͩͤͯ͊́ͅė̶̡̛̗͔̯͕̫̤̻͕̝͎̱̫̰̱͚͓̽̃͛̀ͅ ̷̨̙͚̳̰̭̱̼͙̮̪̭̣͔͔̩ͩ̋̽͊ͯͦ͛ͧ̄̅̾͂̈͂̑̾ͬ̈́̎mͧ̂ͭͮ͊͊̓͏̸̢̩͎͙̙̞̩̘ÿ̧̙͍͇͈͔̃́ͩ̐͒ͦ̍ͧͧ̾̐͋͗̇̽̌̕ ̧͎̩̝̟̻̫̗̻̂̔ͩ̓ͥ̑̓͋̂ͦ͋͐̐̅̾̐̋̉̓͘͘͡ͅͅw̻͉̞͙̘̯̰̆̔͗̾̋ͪ͛ͮ̓̎͜r̷̺̜̙͖̣̣͔ͫ̉͋̉ͩ̀͂̉͌͗̓ͤͯ̀͜ͅą̆̋͛͐ͯ̅̀ͤ̓̈̉ͤ̀̒͒ͬ̚͞҉̝͙̹͔̬̩̖̜̜̮̮t̶̜̮̱͉͍͓̟̪̜͇̼̫̄̊̐͊̿ͪ̀͜ͅh̅͛͗͆ͯͮ̓͑ͥ̾ͨ̚҉̤̦̼̹̮̫͓͍͎̫̫͕̪̣̦̳͞.̵̺͈͙̻̮̙͇̺̝̞͉͎̓̑ͤ̃ͤ̾ͣ̃̕ͅ :demon:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm confident Frosty has some kind of sensor that goes off whenever someone talks bad about Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm confident Frosty has some kind of sensor that goes off whenever someone talks bad about Dark Pit.
Remember when I say "I will be watching you, wherever you are".

You know I'm not to be messed with. :evil:

Besides, one of the secret guidelines of this thread is: "You don't talk **** about :4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit:."

It's really asking for trouble. :shades:

I'm planning to give @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi a most humiliating defeat. :demon:

And don't think I've forgotten about YOUR challenge, @ Bedoop Bedoop !! Your bad timing was most unfortunate for it was past 1 AM where I am. Can't sleep and play at the same time, unfortunately. :shades:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Besides, one of the secret guidelines of this thread is: "You don't talk **** about :4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit:."

I'm planning to give @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi a most humiliating defeat. :demon:

And don't think I've forgotten about YOUR challenge, @ Bedoop Bedoop !! Your bad timing was most unfortunate for it was past 1 AM where I am. Can't sleep and play at the same time, unfortunately. :shades:
I still want to play a match someday.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Everyone knows the worst characters is Mewtwo.:troll:
Palutena just feel a little too weak in this game the same with Zelda. I don't get the hate with Jigglypuff I love Jigglypuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Economics paper tomorrow. I've got it covered for the most part, but I'll be lying if I said it isn't a dry subject.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Who do you think is the worst character in smash 4? I'd say :4wiifit: and :4palutena:
I think you set off a landmine when you were talking about my precious Palutena... now unless you're not good with the character, I understand since she's hard to use effectively, but if you say she's terrible, then sounds like a time to "Settle it in Smash!"

All the Palutena hate does make me sad, not going to lie. :(

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I try to play with everyone, but sometimes I stick to one or two character to see how good I can get with them.
Who do you think is the worst character in smash 4? I'd say :4wiifit: and :4palutena:
I dont think anyone is bad, but the worst of them to me seems to be Mario. Maybe I just havent played with him/againts him enough, but so far he has been the least threatening character.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
...I don't want my family anywhere near my art, let alone any of my online profiles.

I suppose I'm just not good enough to go professional. I barely draw recently anyway.
o_o no, come back JamesDNaux's self-esteem, he needs you.
I tried to do commissions as well but that didn't plan out. I don't have a Premium Membership so yep.
You need a membership to do commissions?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I try to play with everyone, but sometimes I stick to one or two character to see how good I can get with them.

I dont think anyone is bad, but the worst of them to me seems to be Mario. Maybe I just havent played with him/againts him enough, but so far he has been the least threatening character.
During a match I played last night, I found out that Lucario's super-charged force palm gets reflected by the Guardian Orbitars. I'm wondering what happens if I try to Bucket it with G&W. Anybody know if you can?

D

Deleted member

Someone said something bad about the Doc?
Am I gonna have to choke a *****?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone said something bad about the Doc?
Am I gonna have to choke a *****?
Fortunately, nope.

Anyway, I always make it clear that talking **** about :4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: on this thread is strictly forbidden.

Someone did talk **** about :4darkpit: and I was sorely disappointed. Calling him the "worst character"? Someone is gonna get his arse whooped by yours truly later.

(I'm partially joking with my evil overlord impressions, but talking bad about characters is a no-no in my book.)

As the :4wiifit: memes put it: "Talk ****, get fit!"

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, Dark Pit is bad how? Pretty sure that title goes to Palutena and Zelda. Seriously, without customs, they are pretty awful. Dark Pit, like Pit, is fairly good overall. Not the greatest ever, of course. But the metagame is earliy. I think Palutena will pick up eventually, patches aside. Zelda, I'm not so sure about. Even Ganondorf is starting to shine, and Mario has been pretty good for a while now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, Dark Pit is bad how? Pretty sure that title goes to Palutena and Zelda. Seriously, without customs, they are pretty awful. Dark Pit, like Pit, is fairly good overall. Not the greatest ever, of course. But the metagame is earliy. I think Palutena will pick up eventually, patches aside. Zelda, I'm not so sure about. Even Ganondorf is starting to shine, and Mario has been pretty good for a while now.
I don't know. I got my ass whooped by @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit and he played Palutena.

Then again, I'm not the greatest Smash player around and don't know a lot about the competitive mumbo-jumbo and all that jazz, so yeah, take my words with a mountain of salt.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You set off a landmine talking about Palutena like that. I'm slowly getting more and more irritated hearing bout Palutena being terrible, especially when the majority don't even know how to use her well... let alone that the game is still so young. Then again, it makes me proud that I'm one of the few that make her look fairly good, even without customs...

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Don't worry so much. Everyone is different in their own way, though I'm still sad bout the Palutena thing. On the bright side, knowing she takes quite the skill to use well just satisfies me well, like the Brawl Pit times.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You set off a landmine talking about Palutena like that. I'm slowly getting more and more irritated hearing bout Palutena being terrible, especially when the majority don't even know how to use her well... let alone that the game is still so young. Then again, it makes me proud that I'm one of the few that make her look fairly good, even without customs...
From personal experience, Palutena definitely isn't terrible, however she is my worst character when it comes to control.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Whatchallenge
Ineversaidanythingaboutachallenge
whatareyoutalkingabout :4tlink:
*ABANDON THREAD*
For me:
Great: :4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf::4shulk::4tlink::4wario2::4lucina:
Middle::4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4diddy::4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4metaknight::4ness::4olimar::4pit::rosalina::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda:
Bad: :4dk::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucario::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4zss:
My turn~
Great: :4drmario::4dedede::4tlink::4bowserjr::4gaw::4miigun::4yoshi::4villager::4megaman::4pacman::4diddy::4duckhunt:
Middle: Everyone not listed above/below
Bad: :rosalina::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4zss::4zelda::4miisword:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've been struggling to get the hang of :4yoshi:. I can't seem to figure out how to approach with him effectively. I feel like his aerials don't have much range, especially Dair which is a shame because it's a very strong attack. The only semi-effective approaches seem to be Dash Attacks or an Egg Toss to cover an aerial approach. More often than not, though, all my stuff just gets shielded and I end up getting ruined by my opponents' combos.

That's the other issue, I just can't figure out how to combo with Yoshi. Assuming I can land an attack, they all seem to have enough knockback to push the opponent just out of my range, and yet there are only two moves that can reliably kill medium-weight opponents at 120%-140%. So basically I'm reduced to a chasing-attrition style of fighting where I have to slowly build up percent one disconnected hit at a time before trying to go for a kill, meanwhile every opponent I face online seems to have at least one combo.

Then again, supposedly Yoshi is one of the best characters in the game this time around so perhaps I'm just bad.

And about Palutena, how can anybody think she's bad? The range on her U-smash alone is enough to keep her from being the worst character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All the times I tried Palutena, I was just confused about her moves. She feels like an odd mix between a heavyweight and a speedy character and something else entirely. She's definitely not an easy-to-use character.

Am I supposed to play her like an heavyweight (like :4ganondorf:)? But then she has fast movements and good jumping abilities...
Am I supposed to play her like a speedier character? But then her moves are slow and heavy hitting...

It's a weird mix I can't really get into.

And don't get me started on Mega Man...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whatchallenge
Ineversaidanythingaboutachallenge
whatareyoutalkingabout :4tlink:
*ABANDON THREAD*
This post here, kiddo.

Hi I'm back
Lots of things happened
A few things worth nothing
  • Regained Access to my Dr. Mario custom Moveset (took long enough)
  • Found out that I'm good at Dedede
  • Completed all the Custom Moves for :4luigi:, :4peach:, :4bowser:, :4yoshi:, :rosalina:, :4bowserjr:, :4wario: and :4gaw:
  • And my Mom is in the Hospital.
Yup.
Also I'm ready to fight @ Frostwraith Frostwraith now.

This is going to SUCK! ~Xander Mobus
Did I just refresh your memory now?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Something that I actually do often with Luigi and G&W is luck. For some reason, I'm able to perfectly time 9s and Misfires into wins, even though they're random.
My matches tend to have strange turns of events.
Why does G&W's D-tilt have a wind effect above it? (The Manhole)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
We've got to fight now:094:
And to anybody who says Palutena is bad hasn't fought @Cap'nChreest
Sure, when I have the time. I only recently started as Link, and I'm alright with Kirby, but so far, I've been winning a good amount of matches. I've always been better with Toon Link though,

Also, is it just me, or is Toon Link's f-air absurdly powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom