• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think the reason is really that Mega Charizard X is a Fire/Dragon (something the fanbase has been wanting for a while), and admittedly has a better design.
I personally disagree, MegaCharizard Y's design looks like a progression of Charizard's concept. It's more aerodynamic, it enhances the salamander traits, so on and so forth. Mega Charizard X just never really appealed to me, it lacks some of the charm that I liked in Charizard, and unlike Y, it didn't really advance in the same way, so it didn't catch on with me.

Either way though, even from the get-go, it was pretty apparent which was the favorite between the two. Mega Charizard Y didn't get a special dedicated to it for its debut. :p

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
So what is everyone talking about today?
Well, to be fair, you're leaving out the story behind it.

Scott Cawthon has made many games and Christian animations before Five Nights at Freddy's, but they were all harshly criticized and critics called his characters akin to animatronic dolls. He was apparently sent into a stage of depression, before coming up with the idea of FNAF. It just shows that even the harshest of criticism can benefit in the long run.
Scott Cawthon has made many games and Christian animations before Five Nights at Freddy's, but they were all harshly criticized and critics called his characters akin to animatronic dolls. He was apparently sent into a stage of depression, before coming up with the idea of FNAF. It just shows that even the harshest of criticism can benefit in the long run.
It just shows that even the harshest of criticism can benefit in the long run.
This right here.

I started drawing everyday to become professional like a year ago.

When i started people said i wasn't very good or didn't even care for them.

Now i'm doing commissions while laugh'n all the way to the bank.
Uncanny link HATERS GONNA HATE.png

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Scott needs to make merchandise though

I would totally buy a set of FNaF plushies

domokl

Smash Lord
speaking of scott cawthon. seeing how many people bought the two FNAF games he must be swimming in an ocean of money right now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still want to buy the first one for android, I only have the second.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welp, I'd say I'm going to bed now, see you guys tomorrow.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am currently attempting to catch a Virizion, resetting for IVs. I plan on catching every legendary in a regular Poké Ball while also resetting for IVs...Wondering if I should catch as many as I can before Elite 4 or just head towards Elite 4 after Virizion. Or should I go ahead and try to get the Regis next? I don't really want to nickname Regice, but I will have to if I want Regigigas...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
speaking of scott cawthon. seeing how many people bought the two FNAF games he must be swimming in an ocean of money right now.
Maybe. I know it's an indie game and all, but there could be a middle man somewhere that we don't know of. Still, good to see the guy has found success now. Though his games aren't my cup of tea. I'm more of an Action/Platformer/Fighting game fan. At the very least, we can say the dude has creative ideas.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just caught a jolly Virizion with a 30-31 in HP, Attk, Def, and Sp Def but an 18-19 in speed...I had to reset because of how important speed is. :(

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
I wish I knew how people do this, I tried to do commissions a long time ago and never got a single one...
Probably just my luck.
It just happens, kinda.

Get your art work out there, and keep drawing, improving, and some random stranger will want you to draw.

Asking people if they WANT you to draw something just kinda discourages them, as people tend to look down on artist that asks, as if they are some greedy jews or something.

Plaster your art on Facebook, Deviantart, or Tapastic, Tell people you've been drawing, show them pictures.

Basically act like a attention ***** without being over bearing. XD

Soul.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The funny thing is, with some of the pokemon I've been finding, 19 speed would be wonderful

Literally been finding pokemon with mostly IV's of 0.

I was lucky enough to find a shroomish with attack and speed of 31, but has 0 in every other catergory

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dang, TPP is playing a lot of epic music now, I hope they play some Xenoblade tunes...
*1 minute later*
:4shulk: MECHANICAL RHYTHM

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Get your art work out there, and keep drawing, improving, and some random stranger will want you to draw.

Plaster your art on Facebook, Deviantart, or Tapastic, Tell people you've been drawing, show them pictures.
Well I do have a dA, but I don't know what Tapastic is, and I avoid Facebook like the plague. I dunno.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Well I do have a dA, but I don't know what Tapastic is, and I avoid Facebook like the plague. I dunno.
And advoiding it it the best choice.

But i use it to post links to my Dv page, and it get updates family and friends, which in turn gets them talking, then one of those rich ****ers are gonna ask me to draw something.

Basically...

I'm Meta-gaming my Grandma.

Also Tapastic is a new website, idk how new, but i just found it, it's a website for webcomics, It basically allows you to start as many webcomics as you want, and it can update your subscribers when you post, it's basically Dv, but better because Dv hates webcomics.

Double post'd, guess i'm not really feeling it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It just happens, kinda.

Asking people if they WANT you to draw something just kinda discourages them, as people tend to look down on artist that asks, as if they are some greedy jews or something.

Basically act like a attention ***** without being over bearing. XD
I tried to do commissions as well but that didn't plan out. I don't have a Premium Membership so yep.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I have the worst luck when it comes to soft-resetting. It took me the better part of the day to get the right Terrakion as it refused to have a 31 in Speed or a Jolly Nature. Same with Yveltal, Rayquaza, Zygarde and some of the other legendaries to a slightly lesser extent.

On the other hand though, I did recently catch a 5 IV Modest Kyogre in only three tries, so maybe my luck is looking up...

Where do you find the IV checker in ORAS? I'm just wondering. Those IVs would have been perfect, but the Speed. Oh, the Speed... ._.
Not until you get to the Battle Resort, which is after the Elite Four and Delta Episode.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But i use it to post links to my Dv page, and it get updates family and friends, which in turn gets them talking, then one of those rich ****ers are gonna ask me to draw something.
...I don't want my family anywhere near my art, let alone any of my online profiles.

I suppose I'm just not good enough to go professional. I barely draw recently anyway.

Soul.

Aaaand that was post 3,000. Waste the next post by replying to me. C'mon, do it!
It was??
I have the worst luck when it comes to soft-resetting. It took me the better part of the day to get the right Terrakion as it refused to have a 31 in Speed or a Jolly Nature. Same with Yveltal, Rayquaza, Zygarde and some of the other legendaries to a slightly lesser extent.

On the other hand though, I did recently catch a 5 IV Modest Kyogre, so maybe my luck is looking up...

Not until you get to the Battle Resort, which is after the Elite Four and Delta Episode.
Oh, so it's post-game content. I see. inb4 a lot of people stay in the Battle Resort because there's a Pokémon Day Care in there and it's easier to hatch Pokémon eggs

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Where do you find the IV checker in ORAS? I'm just wondering. Those IVs would have been perfect, but the Speed. Oh, the Speed... ._.
I am using serebii.net's IV calculator to get estimates. IV checker would be in Battle Resort post-game. I haven't gone to Elite 4 yet even though I could probably sweep through them by now.
The funny thing is, with some of the pokemon I've been finding, 19 speed would be wonderful

Literally been finding pokemon with mostly IV's of 0.

I was lucky enough to find a shroomish with attack and speed of 31, but has 0 in every other catergory
Good thing non-breedable Pokemon automatically get 3IVs this generation...except the Diancie I received in XY who doesn't for some reason. Will go back to resetting for Diancie sometime in the future...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I always thought Democracy TPP was more interesting. Anarchy is like monkeys flailing at a keyboard, not a social experiment. They idea of majority rules on the next action in the game is a really neat idea, too see what everyone comes up with.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Think I just discovered a new glitch:

Now you don't.
At the cost of 3 CDs and a bunch of gold.

Edit: Nope. This is a common glitch. Still sucks though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom