• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can only like ships that are implied by canon and/or keep the integrity of the characters being shipped.

You know, such as:
Link x Zelda
Robin x Lucina
Mario x Peach

Call me predictable or boring or whatever, but I don't like when people butcher the characters' portrayals. There is, of course, artistic freedom, so I guess one is free to make their own interpretation of fictional characters. And I do possess the freedom to disagree with them.
For the most part that's how I am with shipping. If there's a strong enough implication of an attraction from both sides, then I may like it. I seldom like ships otherwise...

There's also the case where two characters who didn't seem to have any attraction to each other at first and for a long time are suddenly officially paired together or a romance is implied. Depending on who these two characters in question are I might not be pleased with what their creator(s) decided to do with them.

Last edited:

Soul.

1. Indeed, but most people have it. And it's pretty anoying when you see all those happy people playing an awesome version of a game that you have while you are stuck with the other version, while still being great, isn't as fun.
2. It gets boring after you've finished everything in it. The online of course makes it 10 times bigger, but I'm bored of seeing the same stages, same modes and other stuff over and over again. The Wii U version feels like a breath of air compared to Smash4 3Ds sometimes.
3. Yeah, but it's still depressing. I don't have a lot of friends who has the game, and I either don't have the time or just don't want to play with people that I know.
4. Sure, but keeping losing isn't really motivating.
1. I feel that both versions are "awesome," regardless of people being negative about the 3DS version.
2. That could certainly happen to the Wii U version. You complete it, it gets boring. All you do is play online.
3. There is a thread for you to play With Friends on the 3DS subforum. That could help.
4. Yes, I know it isn't.
I have nothing against both versions of the game. They play the same and stuff, losing is always going to happen, For Glory will still be cheap on the Wii U version and....yeah. Practice also helps.
PearlShipping.
....Wait, did I really fix that?
But what about Pikachu x Ash. NOW THAT is True canon bromance. Its so damn sweet

oh yes, lum
No. It can't be true... I can fly if I wanted to! No!

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't see a problem with shipping. It's extremely prevalent in many fanbases, so it's better to take it in stride.

I personally ship a lot of characters too. But it's all in my head. :oneeye:
I don't have problem with shipping nether, just some are just gross, I ship some characters but I think I wouldn't tell anyone because I don't know how they will react.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can only like ships that are implied by canon and/or keep the integrity of the characters being shipped.

You know, such as:
Link x Zelda
Robin x Lucina
Mario x Peach

Call me predictable or boring or whatever, but I don't like when people butcher the characters' portrayals. There is, of course, artistic freedom, so I guess one is free to make their own interpretation of fictional characters. And I do possess the freedom to disagree with them.
FE:A shippers I don't mind, because Robin x Lucina isn't NECESSARILY the canon pairing, since anyone can be paired together, as long as it is MxF of course (with the exception of parings like Chrom x Lucina and Cherche x Gerome, incest is a BIG no no).

An example of this is my friend who likes the Donnel x Lissa, which probably isn't cannon, if there really was one.

But I do have to agree with the butchering of characters personalities... I kinda annoys me when people do that.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm thinking I might change my avatar, but I can't decide between the 5 choices I've laid out for myself...
I'll probably just end up going back to my rainbow road anyway...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This Bromance has been there SINCE THE FIRST SEASON and you are just now shocked? Plus its adorable. they are so god damn close. In fact all of ashes pokemon are close to him, Bayleaf a bit too much
But it's still more of a brotherly love rather than actual love.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, is anyone here good at programs written in C#? I'm trying to get a thing written in it to work, it's an app that deletes the individual history of a single Skype contact, even allowing you to choose between the whole history or a certain span, without showing you the actual messages. I've been meaning to nuke the history of a former friend but I can't even get the damn thing to work :c

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But it's still more of a brotherly love rather than actual love.
yeah thats what I mean by bromance
So, is anyone here good at programs written in C#? I'm trying to get a thing written in it to work, it's an app that deletes the individual history of a single Skype contact, even allowing you to choose between the whole history or a certain span, without showing you the actual messages. I've been meaning to nuke the history of a former friend but I can't even get the damn thing to work :c
You man C++? I wish I could help you ;n;

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Now that's SHOCKING! :pikachu:
I'll see myself out...
>_>

tumblr_mpp0w03beB1qzqnxxo1_r1_500.gif

Shipping discussion/

Now go back to making fun of each other like regular people on the internet, so saith the mod.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Incest I cant do but twinsest I personally can do because Hetalia did that to me.
Please dont hate me
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm fine with twincest.

It's kinda a controversial topic, but I'm fine with any incestuous relationship. However, I'd be lying if I said I don't feel a little uncomfortable (mostly applies to real life), but I want to make choices based on logic and emotion, not just on an emotional whim.

Fiction is one thing, but the only thing I'm not okay in real life is if partners choose to have children if they're offspring is at high risk for birth defects or death or whatever (which is not only limited to incestuous relationships). But, it's not my life, so I can't control what people do.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't know C# but I did find this:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/delete-skype-conversation-for-a-single-contact-windows/

It may help.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have some knowledge of C#. Do you have the specific line of code?

Edit: the post above might be of better use.

That 86% as my final grade in programming is finally becoming useful!

Last edited:

Soul.

This Bromance has been there SINCE THE FIRST SEASON and you are just now shocked? Plus its adorable. they are so god damn close. In fact all of ashes pokemon are close to him, Bayleaf a bit too much
I already knew that lol. Pikachu in the anime is extremely loyal to Ash. Although the anime isn't canon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
um PitxDark pit exist. Just go on Pixiv, a Japanese Imagese site
It's the sad truth. :( I will never understand some shipping, and I remember the sudden Pit x PT, Pit x Ike, and Pit x Link spree in the Brawl times. *eyetwitch* I guess it's wrong to ship Pit with some girls for once, but apparently all my Pit shippings are with girls.

But anyways, there are a lot of crazy ships, and I don't mind some, though others can be a bit... iffy. Some fanart however makes some ships disturbing, and I should know, seeing what some Pixiv artists do to both Pits.

D

Deleted member

Wow. I just combo'd Pac-man's side special into his get up attack. Not sure if it's because my opponent was extremely inept or if it's a legitimate combo.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Though to be fair, the aura does require the user to be damaged before it's able to reach its full potential. And because of that it does lead into an unwanted disadvantage.
Glory comes to those who wait. Patience and punishment is why aura is the best!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Some shipping can be done right

I love this he looks like **** dastardly
but others......Good grief.
(insert recolor sonic hugging tails here)
Is it bad that I started laughing when saw Waluigi's face? :x It comes off as Narm to me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's the sad truth. :( I will never understand some shipping, and I remember the sudden Pit x PT, Pit x Ike, and Pit x Link spree in the Brawl times. *eyetwitch* I guess it's wrong to ship Pit with some girls for once, but apparently all my Pit shippings are with girls.

But anyways, there are a lot of crazy ships, and I don't mind some, though others can be a bit... iffy. Some fanart however makes some ships disturbing, and I should know, seeing what some Pixiv artists do to both Pits.
them Pixiv artist, I swear. they go all out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom