• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Everyone is playing on the Wii U. They have a great time with it. I'm still stuck with the 3DS version, while still good, is getting boring and frustrating. I keep losing to good people by doing horrible mistakes, failing at winning with my mains. I know I can do better, but I instead fail like an idiot. Even with training.

Yeah, I'm not in a good mood today.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
:4mario:x:4luigi: is a thing? Not surprised considering :4pit:x:4darkpit: or Ephraim x Eirika (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) exist.

Twincest is a big no-no. :scared:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Shipping exists between X and Y!? WOW. HOW SURPRISI- no, I can't even pretend. No ship that you will ever give me can ever shock me. Every ship exists. It's like rule 34.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shippers are crazy. They will ship anything with anything and make fan-art out of them with often disturbing results.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Everyone is playing on the Wii U. They have a great time with it. I'm still stuck with the 3DS version, while still good, is getting boring and frustrating. I keep losing to good people by doing horrible mistakes, failing at winning with my mains. I know I can do better, but I instead fail like an idiot. Even with training.

I swear, if only we had a C-Stick. It would solve a lot of problems.

Soul.

1. Not everyone has a Wii U.
2. Smash 3DS isn't boring.
3. You're losing because For Glory is cheap. With Friends is 100x better.
4. It's okay to be upset. We all lose in matches. By losing, you learn. If you win every time, how are you going to get better?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't mind shipping as a whole as long as it's "straight". That is, the two members of the ship in question are of the opposing genders.

I have no problem with people who are actually homosexual in real life, (I dislike it when people are insulted for being that way too) but I simply just can't stand to see any character that I like in fiction suddenly get turned into it, especially when the majority of ships like that crowd a good portion of a fandom. It makes me sick to my stomach...

I also despise shipping if the two characters are related or....one of them is "ahem" underaged....ugh, some people have the sickest minds....

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Are you guys like new to the internet or something?

Fyi, shippers are practically in every fandom. I'd rather take them over people who make disrespectful hentai.

Soul.

Shippers are crazy. They will ship anything with anything and make fan-art out of them with often disturbing results.
Yeah, like -insert character here- with Gardevoir. Or Sonic x whatever.
Sometimes, they make no sense...but eh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Are you guys like new to the internet or something?

Fyi, shippers are practically in every fandom. I'd rather take them over people who make disrespectful hentai.
I swear, some fandoms have so much shipping fanart and stories that the shippers have got to take up AT LEAST 50% of the fandom if not much more than that.

But yeah, there exists worse kinds of people and fanworks in fandoms.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey guys and gals, what's u- *sees shipping related stuff* ... I'll leave this here.

It's like Brokeback Mountain, except more... tragic and possibly more violent. :p

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
1. Not everyone has a Wii U.
2. Smash 3DS isn't boring.
3. You're losing because For Glory is cheap. With Friends is 100x better.
4. It's okay to be upset. We all lose in matches. By losing, you learn. If you win every time, how are you going to get better?
1. Indeed, but most people have it. And it's pretty anoying when you see all those happy people playing an awesome version of a game that you have while you are stuck with the other version, while still being great, isn't as fun.
2. It gets boring after you've finished everything in it. The online of course makes it 10 times bigger, but I'm bored of seeing the same stages, same modes and other stuff over and over again. The Wii U version feels like a breath of air compared to Smash4 3Ds sometimes.
3. Yeah, but it's still depressing. I don't have a lot of friends who has the game, and I either don't have the time or just don't want to play with people that I know.
4. Sure, but keeping losing isn't really motivating.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see a problem with shipping. It's extremely prevalent in many fanbases, so it's better to take it in stride.

I personally ship a lot of characters too. But it's all in my head. :oneeye:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
1. Indeed, but most people have it. And it's pretty anoying when you see all those happy people playing an awesome version of a game that you have while you are stuck with the other version, while still being great, isn't as fun.
2. It gets boring after you've finished everything in it. The online of course makes it 10 times bigger, but I'm bored of seeing the same stages, same modes and other stuff over and over again. The Wii U version feels like a breath of air compared to Smash4 3Ds sometimes.
3. Yeah, but it's still depressing. I don't have a lot of friends who has the game, and I either don't have the time or just don't want to play with people that I know.
4. Sure, but keeping losing isn't really motivating.
Try playing casually, it's helpful after suffering a 1:10 For Glory losing streak. I'm speaking from personal experience.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't mind shipping as a whole as long as it's "straight". That is, the two members of the ship in question are of the opposing genders.

I have no problem with people who are actually like that in real life, (I dislike it when people are insulted for being that way too) but I simply just can't stand to see any character that I like in fiction suddenly get turned into that, especially when the majority of ships like that crowd a good portion of a fandom. It makes me sick to my stomach...

I also despise shipping if the two characters are related or....one of them is "ahem" underaged....ugh, some people have the sickest minds....
There's also the issue of making gay characters straight when it's outright stated they're not bi or straight... FANDOM?! Are you even freaking literate?! Along with official couples that are ignored, but if done right, it might be okay. Don't get started on incest and twincest...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I have no problem with people who are actually like that in real life, (I dislike it when people are insulted for being that way too) but I simply just can't stand to see any character that I like in fiction suddenly get turned into that, especially when the majority of ships like that crowd a good portion of a fandom. It makes me sick to my stomach...

Calling it "that" Wont help people not get mad x.x saying "that" make it sound like the worst thing ever

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
There's also the issue of making gay characters straight when it's outright stated they're not bi or straight... FANDOM?! Are you even freaking literate?! Along with official couples that are ignored, but if done right, it might be okay. Don't get started on incest and twincest...
Incest I cant do but twinsest I personally can do because Hetalia did that to me.
Please dont hate me

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I swear, some fandoms have so much shipping fanart and stories that the shippers have got to take up AT LEAST 50% of the fandom if not much more than that.

But yeah, there exists worse kinds of people and fanworks in fandoms.
You should probably stay out of the Touhou fandom. Les Yay is the only thing you'll see for miles on end.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can only like ships that are implied by canon and/or keep the integrity of the characters being shipped.

You know, such as:
Link x Zelda
Robin x Lucina
Mario x Peach

Call me predictable or boring or whatever, but I don't like when people butcher the characters' portrayals. There is, of course, artistic freedom, so I guess one is free to make their own interpretation of fictional characters. And I do possess the freedom to disagree with them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There's that too. But people just have to have their own little headcanon about a character's sexuality among other things and for some reason it often tends to be that way for a lot of people, twisting the character totally around into something they're not.

And I hate incest to no end. When characters are created as siblings, CAN THEY NOT JUST BE SIBLINGS?

You should probably stay out of the Touhou fandom. Les Yay is the only thing you'll see for miles on end.
Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom