• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I might've been a bit more fond of it if it had some kind of satire feel to it. Like, maybe trying to poke fun at some particular few overused memes?

But it doesn't feel that way at all, it's just a mix and mash of random memes for the sake of being nothing but a mix and mash of memes.
Here's the thing, I'm all for an meme-inspired video game, as long as it does something new or different with them (like deconstructing them or subverting memes).

But this, this is like the Youtube spam of video games. They're not funny, more often than not poorly executed, and only exist to infuriate you.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Wait, Nintendo approved it?!
They sure did. But they didn't allow Binding of Isaac or Super Meat Boy, despite them both being fantastic games.

Instead we get "LOL look at this game i spent an hour making that isn't even worth being on iOS!!!!! am i funni yet look at these forced may mayssss:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Here's the thing, I'm all for an meme-inspired video game, as long as it does something new or different with them (like deconstructing them or subverting memes).

But this, this is like the Youtube spam of video games. They're not funny, more often than not poorly executed, and only exist to infuriate you.
Ahem...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well duh, pokemon only faint! Alright, give me a chest-height level hug and we shall find out what dead is!
Sorry, your spike can't pierce me.
I'm not a part of your system. One might say I'm apart from your system

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
They sure did. But they didn't allow Binding of Isaac or Super Meat Boy, despite them both being fantastic games.

Instead we get "LOL look at this game i spent an hour making that isn't even worth being on iOS!!!!! am i funni yet look at these forced may mayssss:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:"
Don't forget the Angry Birds clone.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To get off the talk of that picture.

What y'all plan to do for Christmas? (:
Acquire currency, purchase plastic figurines, display said figurines on my shelf.

Oh, and spend time with the family.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Or "The Letter".
How the hell did that ever get approved?

There's so little few things that you can do that it practically doesn't even have any real gameplay to it. There's no NPCs of any kind, no hazards of any kind, all you can do other than move around is pick things up and get information about them in doing so, and the environment is bland. And the game's ending is just stupid.

At least in Meme Run there are actually things happening in the game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I say smash 4 for wii u is great and stuff

The hype is over for that. (Besides future dlc if mewtwo succeeds)

Just a little spoiler

This is outside smash this should bring a little hype back but not by much
Teaser trailer star wars VII
Enjoy

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Talking about clonse, didn't some company make a Pokémon clone for iOS or something?
There's clones for everything, man.

Mario Clones.
Zelda Clones.
Call of Duty clones.
Street Fighter clones.
Clones of clones.

It's not like they're the first to commit the crime. It's just a sad trend, now.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What will I do for Christmas?

The ideal scenario: getting a Wii U and PS3 and some games I want (for any system that isn't PS4 or XBone right now). And maybe selling my broken old PS2 for parts, I'm a firm believer in reusing computer parts for refurbishing. I got a 39001 model PS2 last year and it works like a charm, better than my launch one.

The more likely scenario because strict mother and lack of funds: Clothes, maybe books or Blu-ray movies, aka not games. Hopefully I'll get some money as well though.

Either way I'll probably be staying at home if I'm not working. I'll likely buy most of the things online

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I just want to say that Big Hero 6 is one of the movies I ever saw. The microchip in the warehouse scene cracked me up so hard.

D

Deleted member

There's clones for everything, man.

Mario Clones.
Zelda Clones.
Call of Duty clones.
Street Fighter clones.
Clones of clones.

It's not like they're the first to commit the crime. It's just a sad trend, now.
Indeed it is.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I just want to say that Big Hero 6 is one of the movies I ever saw. The microchip in the warehouse scene cracked me up so hard.
Glad you liked it. Sadly it won't achieve Frozen's level of popularity despite BH6 being the better film.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

I will make snow tunnels and a snow fort (provided it snows/snows enough) and occasionally show off my cold resistance by going outside for a while in a T-shirt and shorts just to make people cringe at the cold. And of course play video games with hot chocolate at the ready at all times.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
What the hell was that "game"? :facepalm:

It's worse than Sonic Boom.
I'm pretty sure there many things in the world worst than Sonic Boom.

Not all bad things have to be bad video games. Y'know, gun violence, poverty, politics, et cet era.

D

Deleted member

Taking a trip to Cali with my friends and family. I've never actually been out of town for Christmas, so it's a nice change of pace.
Also Little Mac is so much more fun to play now that I have a GC controller.
Kinda like how every character is more fun to play with a GC controller :4dk:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Me right now:

My parents are putting their new sound system up, putting it up as loud as possible. My sister's douche boyfriend's kid is playing Smash and asking 3 million questions, and my sister's douche boyfriend looked all the way close up at the TV while we were playing and asked why Mario "is wearing an American uniform". All I need is my nephew asking if he could play Call of Duty on my Wii U.

Please someone shoot me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom