• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Agreed. Gen 4 remakes would be awesome. Jubilife City in 3D (not like the 3D on the 3DS; I'm talking about 3D models). It would be cool. Mega Evolutions. Day/Night music returning. There's a lot to do with these new remakes.

And, yes, most likely. They would be on the next handheld. OR/AS were on the 3DS, HG/SS were on DS, and FR/LG were on GBA. They are guaranteed to be on the next handheld (which would be nice. No more Friend Codes, instead we get NNIDs, same architecture as the new console and stuff).
Considering how D/P/P is my favorite Pokemon generation, and the amount of time I spent competitive battling back then, it'll feel really weird and awkward if I ever see the day Diamond and Pearl get remakes.

And then I'll feel old and go through a mid-life crisis.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
To be frank, the only major issue with the Sinnoh games is the severely slow battle system. I'm not a fan of many designs, but it was otherwise a very well made set of games. Okay, the roadblocks are annoying too, but Pokemon has them all the time, so... I'm used to it by now.
I think Platinum did fix the slowness issues, so I do kinda forgive D/P. But yeah, when I played Pearl, the slow speed didn't bug me at the time, but looking back on it, I think it would have been nicer to have something faster.

With that being said, TO THE UNDERGROUND!!

CUE THE MUSIC!!

D

Deleted member

While everyone's overhyping ORAS, me and @ Soul. Soul. are just chilling in the back, eagerly waiting for the Gen IV remakes (because we totally know the Sinnoh remakes would be 100x more awesome, right? ;)).

Seriously though, we have to wait a while for those. :/ Would the Sinnoh remakes be on the next handheld console? I mean, you could still play DS games on the 3DS so... idk.
I think they will be on the 3DS' successor. DS got another generation (Gen V) and instead of the Hoenn remakes, they released Black and White 2. Maybe they just do remakes once.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from a failed Black Friday trip.

While both places (Best Buy and Target) had what I wanted (except Target's Wii U Pro Controller deal), the lines to me weren't worth it.

Online doesn't looks so hot either: For Target, The LEGO Movie was sold out online and the Wii U Pro Controller was in-store only. For Best Buy, they were asking 2 weeks to deliver the Nintendo eShop prepaid cares (why can't they just send me the download code over the Internet?)

I'll try again tomorrow after work to hopefully get better (I might even man up and wait in line).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
People are here yappin' about Black Friday
But it's Thursday
What is Logic :|

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think Platinum did fix the slowness issues, so I do kinda forgive D/P. But yeah, when I played Pearl, the slow speed didn't bug me at the time, but looking back on it, I think it would have been nicer to have something faster.

With that being said, TO THE UNDERGROUND!!

CUE THE MUSIC!!

I wonder if they'll use a new Jubilife theme, or the updated one from X and Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7CM6WYh-N0
I mean, whenever there are Gen IV remakes. It's still too soon.
Black Friday started at like, 5
And that's stupid.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
ORAS's music... from what I've heard from it didn't sound that great. IDK, the remakes tends to not sound as great outside of a few tracks.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was thinking about getting one of OR/AS, but they dropped customization.

Why do they keep adding features only to get rid of them right away.

Soul.

Considering how D/P/P is my favorite Pokemon generation, and the amount of time I spent competitive battling back then, it'll feel really weird and awkward if I ever see the day Diamond and Pearl get remakes.

And then I'll feel old and go through a mid-life crisis.
I honestly prefer Gen 4's competitive stuff. It was balanced. Nothing overpowered, except for Salamence and Latias when they were OU. Oh, and Garchomp too.
With the D/P remakes, it's not going to be the same. Mega Evolutions are a thing and power creep in Pokémon is also a thing.
Too much Hoenn... Too Much HOENN!!!! Do you know how long I have waited for these remakes.... YOU DON'T KNOW!!! It has not even been 10 years since DP..... YOU.... YOU!!
I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE WAITED THIS LONG FOR GEN 3 REMAKES

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
They wanted it to be like the original. RS didnt have Customization, why should the remakes. Costumization was exclusive to Kalos they said.
Meh. I really liked customization though. ;~;

Plus, wouldn't it have been cool if you could've gotten like Hoenn-themed outfits?

Also, has this been shown here yet?

mahkan

Smash Cadet
I kind of wish I got the remakes, but I got Smash instead so I'm happy. Maybe I'll get them for christmas.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just ate a bunch of turkey and received odd looks from the fam...how's it hangin'?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They came in second, but Carlton from Fresh Prince came in first. I'd say it was a good call.

thats deserving of 1st
and that gif is flashing like its a Five nights at Freddies scene
Just ate a bunch of turkey and received odd looks from the fam...how's it hangin'?
failing 9.0 intensity.. over and over

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Watching Maverickhunter's Top Fifteen Normal Boss fights and I'm actually surprised that he loves Fire Emblem Awakening. Sure it's not a bad game and all, but we all know that the overall story was meh at best compared to the Telius saga.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Watching Maverickhunter's Top Fifteen Normal Boss fights and I'm actually surprised that he loves Fire Emblem Awakening. Sure it's not a bad game and all, but we all know that the overall story was meh at best compared to the Telius saga.
I could write an essay on the various problems with Awakening's story and gameplay but I don't like writing more than three paragraphs and I feel lazy.

Pretty much my complaints can be summed up with:
Pair up breaks 90% of the difficulty in the game (the remaining 10% is the reset-fest known as Lunatic+ and a blind Apotheosis run without optimal 2nd Gen characters)
The whole Valm arc was unessessary and Validar is the most one dimensional villians in FE.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was thinking about getting one of OR/AS, but they dropped customization.

Why do they keep adding features only to get rid of them right away.
Because they want to make the 3rd Kalos game have a good selling point with customization. Well, that's what I think -- it all comes down to money in the end.

The reason Masuda gave seems like they arbitrarily decided that trainer customization ONLY fits with Kalos, and not Hoenn, which is why I'm not fond of such reasoning. All they needed to do is expand on the feature, such as clothing, skin tone, etc. It's a pretty big thing for those who use it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
News article about tom hanks torn about his son having an addiction

It'd be hilarious if it was a d and d addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom