• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What is the game you guys play most outside of smash? For me it's pokémon and/or Animal crossing new leaf.
Pokemon series, Mario series, Zelda series... probably in that order.

Mario series is my fave (SUNSHINE), but man, that Pokemon replay-ability.

I'm a keen Nuzlocker. I'm actually about to start ORAS Nuzlocke, and write my results in an epic story, to post in parts here.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm a keen Nuzlocker. I'm actually about to start ORAS Nuzlocke, and write my results in an epic story, to post in parts here.
I Nuzlocked once, until the first Pokémon on Route 102 I ran into was a shiny Wurmple. I was clueless how to continue, so I stopped.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I Nuzlocked once, until the first Pokémon on Route 102 I ran into was a shiny Wurmple. I was clueless how to continue, so I stopped.
There's a shiny clause, meaning you can catch and use a shiny Pokemon regardless of when it appears in the wild.

You should try it again some time, they're really fun.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
What is the game you guys play most outside of smash? For me it's pokémon and/or Animal crossing new leaf.
Ace Attorney, Pokemon obvs and I've always got time to play through Xenoblade Chronicles. On my 3rd playthrough ATM.
Edit: and Zelda. I'm always playing through one of them right now it's TP and MM, ahead of the remake.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My first legit shiny was in Emerald, it was Rayquaza. I soft resetted like a gazillion times to get the ever elusive Black Rayquaza.
Morning guys!
Borderlands 2 or DB: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
That and Raging Blast are the best games in the series

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
My first legitimate wild shiny was a Boldore in Black followed by a Litwick and Darumaka in White 2

Even though I've played since Blue

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Outside of Smash, Mario, Pokémon and Touhou.

Despite my Toon Link avatars, I'm not really an avid Zelda player.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I was at a party with family last night and my uncle introduced me to the music of a Canadian artist by the name of Mylene Farmer. Funny how he listens to Mylene Farmer even though she sings in FRENCH.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I was at a party with family last night and my uncle introduced me to the music of a Canadian artist by the name of Mylene Farmer. Funny how he listens to Mylene Farmer even though she sings in FRENCH.
Isn't particularly strange when some of us listen to anime songs. :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've never heard of Mylene Farmer before, but I can understand your father. French is a nice language to listen to. Really soft, really sweet.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First legit shiny I got was a Charmander I hatched after 20 something tries. So I got fairly lucky. But that's how I normally get my shiny Pokemon, by hatching them and hopefully getting lucky.

I do have a couple from trades though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
First of all, sorry I might have misread your post.
Secondly, I was getting my information from Smash wiki which shows that challenge as being hammerable (that's a word now)

But really, either source could be incorrect. Have you actually tried hammering that challenge?
Well i do have a blueprint of where each challenge is.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Just curious why exactly did the Pokemon team didn't want to patch the game for the Mega-Forms?
That's literally the one of the worst moves the Pokemon Company could've taken.
For this reason :

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just curious why exactly did the Pokemon team didn't want to patch the game for the Mega-Forms?
That's literally the one of the worst moves the Pokemon Company could've taken.
Knowing GameFreak, it wouldn't surprise me if they have no idea how to. I mean, the ORAS patch is 22 MB while the only thing it does is changing a lay-out glitch when selecting language after starting a new game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I googled Touhou and it looks interesting, do you mind elaborating what it is about? I heard that there is a Touhou anime, is that true?
Touhou is a series of Shoot em up/Bullet Hell games (emphasis on the 'hell' part) featuring cute girls in frilly dresses. There are also a few fighting games.

Most importantly, the series has an absolutely incredible amount of fan made material and that is where a large part of enjoyment comes from. There are a few animes (all fan made, including the gif in my sig), manga, music remixes and all that.

I'd suggest that you enjoy the animes, memes and other fan stuff before playing the games. The games are notoriously hard.

All said, I do encourage you to try out the framchise. @TheFirstPoppyBro is the resident Touhou expert, by the way.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Touhou is a series of Shoot em up/Bullet Hell games (emphasis on the 'hell' part) featuring cute girls in frilly dresses. There are also a few fighting games.

Most importantly, the series has an absolutely incredible amount of fan made material and that is where a large part of enjoyment comes from. There are a few animes (all fan made, including the gif in my sig), manga, music remixes and all that.

I'd suggest that you enjoy the animes, memes and other fan stuff before playing the games. The games are notoriously hard.

All said, I do encourage you to try out the framchise. @TheFirstPoppyBro is the resident Touhou expert, by the way.
The only thing from Touhou that I know is this :
The music at least.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
They have no idea how to?
Especially for a company that's very big?
What??!!!
I was kidding. They probably know how to, it's not 2000 anymore where Iwata has to jump in to code Kanto in, but maybe it's laziness. They kept the full game data files in the demo after all.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace

Meh, I read some more about it and it did not catch my eye. I'm not really an anime fan. But I like shoot them ups, so I'll gladly try some of the games ( I'm currently in Japan so that won't be a problem! :p ). But "Kawaii" little girls wizards aren't really my thing... :/

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Supposedly, that thing is a fandom berserk button. I'm not exactly sure why.
Oh, that's weird.
By the way, I've found this back, the music of the final boss of Mario & Luigi Partner in Time. Damn, this music is epic :

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Peaceful Kirby kills are the best.
Oh you want to rush me? Roll, Swallow, Footstool and float peacfully back up with the W

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Meh, I read some more about it and it did not catch my eye. I'm not really an anime fan. But I like shoot them ups, so I'll gladly try some of the games ( I'm currently in Japan so that won't be a problem! :p ). But "Kawaii" little girls wizards aren't really my thing... :/
If you like a good challenge, then I think you'll like the games. The cuteness in the games isn't that prominent (partly because the programming and art are done by the same person, so the quality isn't spectacular. :p)

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
If you like a good challenge, then I think you'll like the games. The cuteness in the games isn't that prominent (partly because the programming and art are done by the same person, so the quality isn't spectacular. :p)
The games really looks fun, I love challenges. Can I download them on my laptop? There is a arcade near my hotel, but I would go to the arcade if it weren't 00:45 am. But I'll download them in the morning. It would be optimal if the language was Chinese, Swedish or English!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The games really looks fun, I love challenges. Can I download them on my laptop? There is a arcade near my hotel, but I would go to the arcade if it weren't 00:45 am. But I'll download them in the morning. It would be optimal if the language was Chinese, Swedish or English!
Yes, all of the ones released after 2002 are Windows based. The games are in Japanese, but other language patches are available. They aren't really resource heavy.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Ehhh, what do you mean by that?
Do you even know what happens there? They are totalitarian like The Soviet Union and kill any one that questions authority. Not only that, but 9% of all the water in China is drinkable, the air is like Mars, and trying to destroy Tibetan culture for good.

Go ahead and pick your death! :evil:

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Do you even know what happens there? They are totalitarian like The Soviet Union and kill any one that questions authority. Not only that, but 9% of all the water in China is drinkable, the air is like Mars, and trying to destroy Tibetan culture for good.

Go ahead and pick your death! :evil:
Are you serious? If you are then you're really ignorant about China.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom