• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you even know what happens there? They are totalitarian like The Soviet Union and kill any one that questions authority. Not only that, but 9% of all the water in China is drinkable, the air is like Mars, and trying to destroy Tibetan culture for good.

Go ahead and pick your death! :evil:
China is not North Korea. Seriously, you're blowing it out of proportion.

Never ever base your opinion of a place based on hearsay or stereotypes.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
China is not North Korea. Seriously, you're blowing it out of proportion.

Never ever base your opinion of a place based on hearsay or stereotypes.
I actually watch China uncensored. And since news never reports about the U.S allies doing morally wrong things. Independent news is the only sources. Oh, and the CCP controls the catholic church in China.

EDIT: It's not the people. It's the government.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I actually watch China uncensored. And since news never reports about the U.S allies doing morally wrong things. Independent news is the only sources. Oh, and the CCP controls the catholic church in China.

EDIT: It's not the people. It's the government.
We know that China is in a poopy situation, but don't say it's facking hell there. It's bad in every country of the world. And even "independant sources" won't tell you how it is exactly there. If you really want to see how China is, then go see it. Television, even independant, won't tell you everything. And if @ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb likes China, then fine, it's okay.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Right now I'm playing LBP3 with my little brother.
He is enjoying the crap out of the game, while I'm here like :ohwell:
I was so excited for it, and then so impressed by it, until it became a broken mess.

I can't even play the game without it crashing every five minutes, and I have a game breaking glitch and can't use Toggle.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
@ Luggy Luggy is right. Media uses propaganda to show how terrible they are. Europe and US do it with Russia, North Korea and China, they do it with us.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
We know that China is in a poopy situation, but don't say it's facking hell there. It's bad in every country of the world. And even "independant sources" won't tell you how it is exactly there. If you really want to see how China is, then go see it. Television, even independant, won't tell you everything. And if @ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb likes China, then fine, it's okay.
Thank you, China is like home to me. Even though I'm swedish, I've actually lived in china for 9 years ( I now live in sweden again) But I am also fluent in the language, and my husband is chinese. I visit the country multible times a year, both for work and to visit my husbands family. I know that it is not the worlds best country, but I still call it home. :)

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I was so excited for it, and then so impressed by it, until it became a broken mess.

I can't even play the game without it crashing every five minutes, and I have a game breaking glitch and can't use Toggle.
The game isn't broken for me.

Just one time it restarted on me, but that's all...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What is the game you guys play most outside of smash? For me it's pokémon and/or Animal crossing new leaf.
I don't really play that much game on long term. I tried and it ended up being I left and maybe come back time after.

There's a reason for that: I don't like multitasking with games. When I get a game, My view is as soon as I begin it, I must enjoy it until I don't enjoy it or there's nothing more that makes me enjoy the game (usually, the end screen). It's because if I let a game just sit there, I'm going to forget the experience I could get until I wrap it up. Even memorable games...the end is usually the most memorable part as you then review the experience you had, but it's easier to forget if you're interrupting for days.

The only time I do this is if I don't have any game I want to beat.

If I had to answer to the question for lately, nothing but I plan to do a spm replay (this time, while getting recipes) and a TTYD replay with challenges. I think both would be streamed :)

I once did pokemon, but porrly handling an sd card containing my saves of 200 hours made me left...yeah, that was my own fault :)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My first non-Gyarados shiny was a Zorua that hatched when breeding for a better nature. After that, I found an Audino randomly in the grass.

I've also gotten a 6IV Shiny Terrakion off of Wonder Trade once, it even had the best nature for it too.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Thank you, China is like home to me. Even though I'm swedish, I've actually lived in china for 9 years ( I now live in sweden again) But I am also fluent in the language, and my husband is chinese. I visit the country multible times a year, both for work and to visit my husbands family. I know that it is not the worlds best country, but I still call it home. :)
@ Luggy Luggy is right. Media uses propaganda to show how terrible they are. Europe and US do it with Russia, North Korea and China, they do it with us.
See, this is why now I don't want to be a reporter/journalist, appart in a regional one. I don't want to spread rumors, I don't want to despise countries or say fake things about it. For me, a journalist was being a sorts of adventurer, but now I just see it as a "Disgusting Business". Especially in France, journalists are just a freacking disaster.
I'm not against media, but I'm not with them either.

China is not the best country that exists, but it's still a nice country. But stereotypes and, again, media just gave it a bad reputation. And while I can understand why North Korea can be destroyed by the media, I still don't know why they are portraying China as a horrible country. Humanity is dumb to judge just by listening sometimes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My, my! I just arrived back home, logged into Smashboards, went to the Social thread and...

Interesting subject going on here.

So I was at a party with family last night and my uncle introduced me to the music of a Canadian artist by the name of Mylene Farmer. Funny how he listens to Mylene Farmer even though she sings in FRENCH.
Is it really strange to hear foreign languages to you? :smirk:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My first shiny that wasn't a freebie was a Honedge on X (the VERY FIRST DAY I started the game BTW). Later that week I got a Bergmite.

I think I got something else but I can't remember.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
My sister lived in China for 10 years. She taught English. It isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it to be. It has problems... just like the U.S! Gasp!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
it should...he's trying to learn French by using Google translate :)
You won't learn any language well by using such a questionable translation method...

Talking from my own experience and I've dabbled in 4 foreign languages with English and French being two of them. (The other two are Spanish and Japanese.)

My sister lived in China for 10 years. She taught English. It isn't nearly as bad as people try to make it to be. It has problems... just like the U.S! Gasp!
All countries have problems.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Believe it or not, I once had a legit Shiny Groudon. Though it was residing in a Platinum game I owned, which I lost.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon You up for a Smash Settling?
How 'bout 3-Stock, 8-Minutes, All Stages + Custom Moves Allowed?

(Also my Sister might be joining us :\)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
...that was my point...

Like, I even have trouble to tell what he inputed in the translator sometime, but I know it's too wrong...
Dude, french is a hard language to learn sometimes. I have people who talks english where I live, since it's near the UK, and they have trouble to learn french.

But it's funny cause most french people sucks at talking english.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Dude, french is a hard language to learn sometimes. I have people who talks english where I live, since it's near the UK, and they have trouble to learn french.

^it's the opposite for me and you're absolutely right.

But this is weird, I know French because first language and even then it's really weird at times (not getting into that, I had so much confusion), but it has the adavntage of having multiple ways to say ideas.

While English, I found it A LOT more simple and in fact, I like to write in English.

The pronouciation in English depends on how a words is writen while in French, most of the time, the sound is the same. Which is why it's more difficult, but the writing is so much more simple.

So, I had interest to learn English and now, I even have a decent oral. It does look to not be native, but it's fluid enough.

Learning pronounciation of English if you're French is quite hard. But if you're English, pronouncing in French is linear if you lear the sounds, but good luck on the writing...that's really hard.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
...that was my point...

Like, I even have trouble to tell what he inputed in the translator sometime, but I know it's too wrong...
Well, I misread your comment... >_>

Google Translator is only good as a dictionary. Inputting just one word is good, as it gives synonyms and definitions.

Even so, you're better off using an actual dictionary. And there are many of those on the Internet.

French wasn't too difficult for me to learn, but was harder than English. Then again, I am Portuguese. Portuguese is not an easy language and actually has some similarities to French.

I had French classes for 3 years, but it's been a long while and I'm rusty, but I can still understand a few things if I put some effort.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I misread your comment... >_>

Google Translator is only good as a dictionary. Inputting just one word is good, as it gives synonyms and definitions.

Even so, you're better off using an actual dictionary. And there are many of those on the Internet.

French wasn't too difficult for me to learn, but was harder than English. Then again, I am Portuguese. Portuguese is not an easy language and actually has some similarities to French.

I had French classes for 3 years, but it's been a long while and I'm rusty, but I can still understand a few things if I put some effort.
I actually only use google translate for English dictionnary.

Once, my high school Enlgish teacher found a Wikipedia text and it was obviously pasted from a translator. He printed several copies of it and he shows them to his studients and I tell you, it's silly, hilarious and unreadable at the same time :)

It even screwed hockey players name...that was so funny :)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
^it's the opposite for me and you're absolutely right.

But this is weird, I know French because first language and even then it's really weird at times (not getting into that, I had so much confusion), but it has the adavntage of having multiple ways to say ideas.

While English, I found it A LOT more simple and in fact, I like to write in English.

The pronouciation in English depends on how a words is writen while in French, most of the time, the sound is the same. Which is why it's more difficult, but the writing is so much more simple.

So, I had interest to learn English and now, I even have a decent oral. It does look to not be native, but it's fluid enough.

Learning pronounciation of English if you're French is quite hard. But if you're English, pronouncing in French is linear if you lear the sounds, but good luck on the writing...that's really hard.
The writing is horrible, there's so much rules that I still need to re-work on them. But in France, people just doesn't sucks at english : they don't even want to. See, France is a nice country and all, but the people there, like a lot of other countries, is a bit racist. And French people don't want to learn english a lot and prefer talking spanish because it's easier. Wich is weird, because I learned spanish and I'm horrible at it.

I learned english by watching videos with french subtitles. After this, I tried to watch them without subtitles and now I talk it pretty well. Now, english at college is to easy, while others still suck at it.

Wanna try and translate this french sentence (without google) :
"Il fut un temps où Mario était plombier. Maintenant, il est docteur. Drôle d'histoire pour ce petit italien."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom