• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The school told me I didn't need to see anyone to register for pre Calculus and Psychology,

But the site won't let me register

Says I need an appointment to register
Rant ahead. Beware of wall of text.
At uni - I'm like the only US person to call university and college "uni" which is supposedly a UK term -, CS classes require that you take an intro course on Java, but there's a "lower level" class that's taught in Python which isn't part of the requirement and is more geared to computer engineering, but as people say, more experience isn't bad. That class, CS301, is "easier" while CS302 is "harder". Personally, it's kind of stupid when you leave out a language and force people to jump into CS like that.

I'm taking an even more intro/noobie class since I'm still undecided - CS will probably be my fallback major - and because I really don't know anything about programming and wanted a preview. Welp, CS guys I met said that taking CS301 isn't a bad thing and that Python is a fairly easy language to learn compared to Java. At the same time, the fact that CS302 is a requirement and CS301 isn't makes it even more annoying since you're kind of forced to pick between potentially having to stay longer or taking courses in summer to meet the major's requirement. If anything, apparently, they're fixing the curriculum since CS is apparently a mean major compared to others. So, one guy told me to go to the CS adviser. I should do that before I have to sign up for classes.

Oh, and they had a Python class taught at the 600's course levels. Why they got rid of it, I don't know. And I found out there's this application that can track your progress in a major. We, new students and transfer students, were supposed to learn that at orientation. I didn't and I doubt that most of the people in my group did - I found out from a CS friend. Hell, they didn't even tell us we could access Google Apps through our school's accounts.

Then there's the whole email migration to Office 365 which might be conflicting with Google Apps for some reason. Jaysus... Then again, there's thousands of students so, you can't blame them, but you have to since they should be responsible for students not failing because they were unaware of tools around them. Yes, you can ask about stuff, but people tend to be afraid of asking dumb questions which don't exist by the way.

I also love how there are mid-terms not mid-term, but mid-terms plural. You'd think mid-term means one exam during the middle of the semester. Nope, there's multiple mid-terms for one given course at times. Call them exams, quizzes, tests, or freaking quests. It's confusing. I also love how people can end up with 5-7 projects, essays, and other heavy homework due on the same day and given out close to each other.

Man, I'm burnt out... Still have 3 freaking projects to work on...

At least the professors are nice and understanding. One of them is actually Russian! It was amazing and funny when I first heard her talk. She makes the course even more interesting since it's not some professor who just read stuff, traveled a bit, and decided to teach about another culture. Nope, she lived Russia from the Soviet rule to now and the course on Russia's early past makes understanding Russia easier.

That said, if a person travels thousands of miles, collects precious information, and is a foreigner to the areas, that doesn't mean there's no merit. That professor retired, but his course is still taught and it's interesting learning about African folklore.

I really want to take a course on Islam and the Middle East. Open your eyes and the see the world for what it really is.

A consequence of frequenting this thread is that you begin lying to yourself.
This reminds me of what that guy said to Tadashi in Special A. Something about if you lie to yourself too much, those lies becomes truths.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Y'know what, I'm leaving.
What do I do now?
I guess I could catch up on my anime/game backlog.
Let's see...
Either:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or PW: Trials and Tribulations...
Any suggestions?
Imma be going after this post.
This appears to be a lie.
Did I really just miss a chance to say Objection!? Please forgive me Phoenix Wright...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

H̱̰̜̲̻̥̼̘̮̬̺͙̳̼̞̬̭̬̫̎͂̀̏̽ͮ̓̎ͣ͒̾̑̆̀̐ͯ̏̈́e̺̼̖̗͚͖͋ͪ̿͆͛̀ͥͯͥ̏̚l͔̭̪̤͖͕̬̖͉̖͖̝͓̤̹̟̏͐͑̿̆̾͗̉̆̾͛̂̚ͅl͕̣̤̣̘̙̦͎͓͗̓ͮ͐̒͌̄͛͐̋͒ͭͅo̺͈͚͇͈̟̜̳͓̲̘̪̲̓̓̌͂̈́̈́ͩͫ́̋ͯ̂̃̿̑̎̚̚ͅ ̜͓̦͕̬͙̮̱͍̯̣̩̯̮̝̺̻͇̌̓ͯ͑̽̏̋ͫͨ̐̀̉ͩ̅ͪ̑͆ͩp̣̭̲̟̝͕͖̓ͣ̽ͣ̽͌̎́̀̔̂ͤͥ̈́̃͗̓̚̚e͚̖̰̎͑͛̊̈́̇̓ͣo͙͍̖̤͓̦̳͈̯̥͕̔̅̾ͧͯ͛̍ͪ̏ͫ̃̾͗ͤ̒ͭ̀̚p̩̰̘͎̺̠̰̩͉̒͗̋̽̍̍̿ͪ̒ͅl̳̠͔̪͍̠̬̄ͥ̋̃ͮ͋̔̓́̂̉̾͗͋e̗̮͚̭̙̩̤̻͇̝̲̫̰̤̜̥ͪ́͆̐ͅͅ.͎̥̻̹͕̭̭̮̹͉͖̯͍̥̫͍̄͛̅͑̎͑ͅ
͇̙̥͍̫͓̭̩̌͒̊ͬ̑̋̽̓͐͒̊ͭ͆̽͊̈̚H͍͓̳͕̯͖̦̲̟͖͈̄ͯ̍̽́ͣͅỏ͉̙̖̜͇̹̰̆̅̓ͥ̈w̖̠̲̭̩̗̜̮ͤ̒ͦ͗ ̘̰͖̮͙̪̜̠̦̩̺̦̆̄ͮͣ̀͊͆d̦̹̪̹̠̦̦̥͙͖̭̲͎̩̆̆ͥ̋ͬ̌̔ͧͨ̀͆̈́̐̃o͇̥̗̮̝̜̭ͦ͌̓ͦ̈̾ͭͮ̂͛ͣͪ̐̊͛e̻̙͔̭̲̲̭̝͔̟̻ͬͦͤ͊͂̽̊ͮͩͅs̟̬͓̩̗͎̱̺̥͉̞̲̥͚̱̘̪̹̔͌ͦ̅̾̍ ͖̺͎̰͚̪̝̮͇̞͇̼̫̭̀ͪͫ̽͒̿ͅͅi͓̤̣̤̔̓ͥͫ͑̇t͖̲͚͕̞̫̅̌̑̈́̂̾̋́͒̐ͣ̽̈̋͒̽̍̅ ̫͕̥̘̜̻̰̩͉̰͇̳̻͖̟̯̻͍̏ͬ̍̃̓ͦ̉ͧ͂̒̿̆̿͗̚̚ğ̟͍̭͖̜̠͔̭̾̅̿̍ͤͤ͊̉̊̏ͩȍ̹̘̰͉͓̖͔̟̎͌͒̽̈́͒ͅ?͓̟̭̻̪̘͎̻͇͉͇̫̤̠̯̥̹ͥ͂͂ͣ́͂̚

/

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Been slowly getting into Super Metroid hacking.

There are quite a few hex tweaks you can do, from adding new doors to new tilesets.

One of the most simple and useful ones, however, is...

EXPAND ROM :4dk:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

H̱̰̜̲̻̥̼̘̮̬̺͙̳̼̞̬̭̬̫̎͂̀̏̽ͮ̓̎ͣ͒̾̑̆̀̐ͯ̏̈́e̺̼̖̗͚͖͋ͪ̿͆͛̀ͥͯͥ̏̚l͔̭̪̤͖͕̬̖͉̖͖̝͓̤̹̟̏͐͑̿̆̾͗̉̆̾͛̂̚ͅl͕̣̤̣̘̙̦͎͓͗̓ͮ͐̒͌̄͛͐̋͒ͭͅo̺͈͚͇͈̟̜̳͓̲̘̪̲̓̓̌͂̈́̈́ͩͫ́̋ͯ̂̃̿̑̎̚̚ͅ ̜͓̦͕̬͙̮̱͍̯̣̩̯̮̝̺̻͇̌̓ͯ͑̽̏̋ͫͨ̐̀̉ͩ̅ͪ̑͆ͩp̣̭̲̟̝͕͖̓ͣ̽ͣ̽͌̎́̀̔̂ͤͥ̈́̃͗̓̚̚e͚̖̰̎͑͛̊̈́̇̓ͣo͙͍̖̤͓̦̳͈̯̥͕̔̅̾ͧͯ͛̍ͪ̏ͫ̃̾͗ͤ̒ͭ̀̚p̩̰̘͎̺̠̰̩͉̒͗̋̽̍̍̿ͪ̒ͅl̳̠͔̪͍̠̬̄ͥ̋̃ͮ͋̔̓́̂̉̾͗͋e̗̮͚̭̙̩̤̻͇̝̲̫̰̤̜̥ͪ́͆̐ͅͅ.͎̥̻̹͕̭̭̮̹͉͖̯͍̥̫͍̄͛̅͑̎͑ͅ
͇̙̥͍̫͓̭̩̌͒̊ͬ̑̋̽̓͐͒̊ͭ͆̽͊̈̚H͍͓̳͕̯͖̦̲̟͖͈̄ͯ̍̽́ͣͅỏ͉̙̖̜͇̹̰̆̅̓ͥ̈w̖̠̲̭̩̗̜̮ͤ̒ͦ͗ ̘̰͖̮͙̪̜̠̦̩̺̦̆̄ͮͣ̀͊͆d̦̹̪̹̠̦̦̥͙͖̭̲͎̩̆̆ͥ̋ͬ̌̔ͧͨ̀͆̈́̐̃o͇̥̗̮̝̜̭ͦ͌̓ͦ̈̾ͭͮ̂͛ͣͪ̐̊͛e̻̙͔̭̲̲̭̝͔̟̻ͬͦͤ͊͂̽̊ͮͩͅs̟̬͓̩̗͎̱̺̥͉̞̲̥͚̱̘̪̹̔͌ͦ̅̾̍ ͖̺͎̰͚̪̝̮͇̞͇̼̫̭̀ͪͫ̽͒̿ͅͅi͓̤̣̤̔̓ͥͫ͑̇t͖̲͚͕̞̫̅̌̑̈́̂̾̋́͒̐ͣ̽̈̋͒̽̍̅ ̫͕̥̘̜̻̰̩͉̰͇̳̻͖̟̯̻͍̏ͬ̍̃̓ͦ̉ͧ͂̒̿̆̿͗̚̚ğ̟͍̭͖̜̠͔̭̾̅̿̍ͤͤ͊̉̊̏ͩȍ̹̘̰͉͓̖͔̟̎͌͒̽̈́͒ͅ?͓̟̭̻̪̘͎̻͇͉͇̫̤̠̯̥̹ͥ͂͂ͣ́͂̚

/
I'm pretty well m8, how are you? :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Been slowly getting into Super Metroid hacking.

There are quite a few hex tweaks you can do, from adding new doors to new tilesets.

One of the most simple and useful ones, however, is...

EXPAND ROM :4dk:
Wait... There are Super Metroid hacks? Hmm... Makes sense considering Mario hacks exist like the infamous(ly funny) Kaizo hack.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The next sentence I say will be false.
The previous sentence I said was true.

/whoneedstopics​

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

/
Karera wa, karera wa futatabi sore o yatta... Sore o yatta! ! !

Watashi o hoji suru....

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i found out something thanks to a succesful earily grabber its the home trick

The good news it still works

The bad news you can't rapid fire it like in the 3ds version (you got to wait a few second for the home to work again.)

D

Deleted member

I was prepared for both.
I wasn't prepared for angry psychotic lady.
I was prepared.
You gotta be ready for anything when the molemen could decide to take over at any moment.
Well i found out something thanks to a succesful earily grabber its the home trick

The good news it still works

The bad news you can't rapid fire it like in the 3ds version (you got to wait a few second for the home to work again.)
Or you could just play Master/Crazy Orders.
That seems easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I HAVE to contest the ticket, regardless of guilt because of something to do with insurance

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Smash is coming soon, but in the meantime...

Tomorrow, the LBP3 binge begins. So many things I want to create. I think I may finally be able to make that perfect replica of Luigi's Mansion that I attempted once, now that we have more layers and 3D movement...

I'll probably just make a Snake costume that can spawn all sorts of awesome stuff easily, I had one that had a really clunky way of spawning things in LBP2... I wonder if I could pull off a Metal Gear like an old friend of mine made before.

Then I could just try to make something completely original like I've never been able to do, and now I can make a 3D platformer...

Too excited to sleep.

D

Deleted member

Smash is coming soon, but in the meantime...

Tomorrow, the LBP3 binge begins. So many things I want to create. I think I may finally be able to make that perfect replica of Luigi's Mansion that I attempted once, now that we have more layers and 3D movement...

I'll probably just make a Snake costume that can spawn all sorts of awesome stuff easily, I had one that had a really clunky way of spawning things in LBP2... I wonder if I could pull off a Metal Gear like an old friend of mine made before.

Then I could just try to make something completely original like I've never been able to do, and now I can make a 3D platformer...

Too excited to sleep.
Good to know I'm not the only one here excited about LBP3, I love the LBP games and they've all been an absolute joy to play. 2 in particular was one of the few games able to plaster a huge, goofy grin over my face just because of how much fun it is.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So I just finished getting all three :starman: for each Cup in the Mario Kart 8 DLC Tracks. Including the Mirror Tracks.
I now have three stars for every Cup once again. Bragging rights successfully restored. :smirk:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Good to know I'm not the only one here excited about LBP3, I love the LBP games and they've all been an absolute joy to play.
Another fan! I got LBP1 and 2 both on day one, and I've been waiting for a while for this one.

...Mostly because of my PS3 kicking the bucket a few years back. I got a PS4 rather than just getting another PS3, and without backwards compatibility, I've been stuck without LBP, so getting back into it is even more exciting.

I just wish that I had a better internet connection, because I have a lot of old friends that probably think I'm dead or something, and playing LBP without them won't be quite the same.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LBP3 will have to wait. In the space of three weeks I get Pokemon, Smash and Kingdom Hearts so I'm practically set for the rest of the year.

Still I can't wait to see what the community does with all the new features and options.

R0Y

Smash Master

Also count me in on Little Big Planet 3, will be playing it tomorrow on PS4. I don't pay much attention to reviews anymore but I just have to laugh at IGN giving it a 6.8 when they gave the literally broken Ass Creed Unity at 7.8 and I think Halo MCC 9/10. Embarassing and they full admitted they hadn't played it with the last pre-launch patch in the last paragraph but deemed its changes "not relevant to their experience."

Basically ignore IGN and look at everyone else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another fan! I got LBP1 and 2 both on day one, and I've been waiting for a while for this one.

...Mostly because of my PS3 kicking the bucket a few years back. I got a PS4 rather than just getting another PS3, and without backwards compatibility, I've been stuck without LBP, so getting back into it is even more exciting.

I just wish that I had a better internet connection, because I have a lot of old friends that probably think I'm dead or something, and playing LBP without them won't be quite the same.
The first LBP was the main reason I even bought a PS3, and I also got 2 the day of release, special edition and everything. 3 was one of the highlights of this years E3 for me, and I pre-ordered it as soon as I could. The fact that it looks so much larger in scope than the previous ones is really exciting to me, and while I've never actually tried my hand at creating levels before, I might just have to now.

And if you can, try and gather up some friends to play locally. To me, LBP has always been more fun when you're all in the same room together.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The first LBP was the main reason I even bought a PS3, and I also got 2 the day of release, special edition and everything. 3 was one of the highlights of this years E3 for me, and I pre-ordered it as soon as I could.

And if you can, try and gather up some friends to play locally. To me, LBP has always been more fun when you're all in the same room together.
Oh yeah, I got the special edition as well, though I lost all the extra goodies thanks to moving around at the time.

I don't really know any people offline, so that's not an option... I miss my good buddies from the UK anyway.

Hopefully I can get something to extend the signal of the internet router. My laptop has a solid connection where it is, but my 3DS, Wii U, and presumably my PS4 can't connect, so it should be simple enough to fix with the right equipment.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

Also count me in on Little Big Planet 3, will be playing it tomorrow on PS4. I don't pay much attention to reviews anymore but I just have to laugh at IGN giving it a 6.8 when they gave the literally broken *** Creed Unity at 7.8 and I think Halo MCC 9/10. Embarassing and they full admitted they hadn't played it with the last pre-launch patch in the last paragraph but deemed its changes "not relevant to their experience."

How does IGN even have credibility anymore? Like I get that they never actually did, but I'm always shocked to hear people saying "IGN gave it whatever/10 so it must be pretty good".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Foxy_Complete.png

Here is a sneak peak at my Foxy

I call this one, Foxy complete

Because it's what Foxy would look like unbroken

As a disclaimer I did not draw the Jolly Roger on his eye patch. I just googled "Jolly Roger" and image traced it

D

Deleted member

Also count me in on Little Big Planet 3, will be playing it tomorrow on PS4. I don't pay much attention to reviews anymore but I just have to laugh at IGN giving it a 6.8 when they gave the literally broken *** Creed Unity at 7.8 and I think Halo MCC 9/10. Embarassing and they full admitted they hadn't played it with the last pre-launch patch in the last paragraph but deemed its changes "not relevant to their experience."

IGN - CoD: AW = 9.1 out of 10 :troll:
Yeah agreed x9000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom