• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Hell yeah, those two games were and are awesome! Well, 'cept the DS and 3DS versions.

I also miss 3D Rayman, Rayman 2 is one of my all-time favourite games and I still liked 3 to a lesser extent. I hope Ubisoft doesn't think that the 2D Rayman and 3D Rayman userbase overlaps entirely but they probably do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy a new 3D Rayman though, 2 and they never let me down.
Dude, do you know how many times has Rayman 2 been ported? Like, 100+ times? Rayman 3D was lackluster.
The game is good I agree, I just hate how it gets ported every time just for some excuse. Rayman 3 was alright.
And about Sonic, yes. They should have kept that gameplay without modifcations. It's fine as it is.
I can't decide whether to get The Evil Within, Halo, or Pokemon.
Pokémon lol.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is your laptop like 20 years old?
no, 2, the colors is just like that (also, the pic were taken with a 3ds so).

But my pc is decent actually, enough to run dolphin decently.

cpu: i5 dual core @ 2.4Ghertz
GPU: intel + nvidia geforce GT 540M (1 GB dedicated)
Ram: 6Gb / 8GB
Hard drive: I think it is more than 500GB, but most of it are my Linux space and a minimum is kept for Windows (considering deleting it).

So, no, it's not old, but it was a configuration I wanted for the price it was sold and it really was the best I could find. I don't care about color anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
OUCH!!!

Gamespot gave Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric a 2.0

The Good
Impressive sense of scale
Travis Willingham is a great Knuckles
The Bad
Repetitive level design
Uninspired combat
Sluggish controls
Throwaway story
Constant audio/visual bugs
Wow. I mean that's crazy. It somehow managed to get something higher than a 1. Maybe this game isn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be.

D

Deleted member

You know what I want?
SEGA.
  1. Get Dimps back.​
  2. Get them to work on a Sonic Advance game on the 3DS.​
  3. NEVER RUSH THEM.​
  4. LET THEM TAKE THEIR TIME.​
  5. Finish the game once it's been properly Debugged and Bug Tested.​
  6. Make a rockin' soundtrack.​
  7. Let it be sold.​
  8. Get the money.​
  9. MAKE THE DREAMCAST 2
  10. Profit.​
Well, Wii U haters label the console as the Dreamcast 2 for no reason. Don't know why; I mean, hey, the Wii U is great.

Hell yeah, those two games were and are awesome! Well, 'cept the DS and 3DS versions.

I also miss 3D Rayman, Rayman 2 is one of my all-time favourite games and I still liked 3 to a lesser extent. I hope Ubisoft doesn't think that the 2D Rayman and 3D Rayman userbase overlaps entirely but they probably do. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy a new 3D Rayman though, 2 and they never let me down.
Wasn't Ubisoft planning to make Rayman 4 before Rabbids? It's canceled, though. A new 3D Rayman game would be great.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sonic Boom deserved that 2.0 because they skipped leg day :troll:

Soul.

Look what I found???
Edit: I found this on the Reddit boards.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hopefully the next Sonic game(as in, the one actually made by SEGA)will be good. Colors and Generations were pretty good overall. And they could make more Classic/GBA style games for handhelds. They were getting back on track too.

D

Deleted member

Well, Wii U haters label the console as the Dreamcast 2 for no reason. Don't know why; I mean, hey, the Wii U is great.
Selling poorly, bad advertising, little to no 3rd party support, lackluster indie library (only notable ones on Wii U are Shovel Knight, Runner 2, and maybe Little Inferno), etc.
I agree in that it's probably one of the better if not the best next gen console. It has a pretty good library that shows promise in the future, and, surprisingly, it might be the most powerful console since the others sometimes struggle with 900p and 30fps when something like Smash or MK8 can run at native 1080p and 60fps with no frame drops (of course Nintendo games have never been that graphically intensive, but still). But to be honest, there's a lot of stuff Nintendo has done to shoot themselves in the foot this gen.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
View attachment 29805

Gah. I wanna know what post of mine was liked before it got deleted or even what thread it was in.

@Djent and @ InfinityCollision InfinityCollision what post was it the two of you liked? I wanna know.
Eh?

This isn't the PM social thread why am I here what's going on

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh places I've been this evening: SSB4 character impressions thread, Palutena/Marth/ZSS SSB4 boards, PM general and a few character boards?

R0Y

Smash Master
Sort of non-news, not big enough for its own thread.

Sounds like photo mode requires SD Card and can't save to internal memory or connected USB device. This isn't a huge deal for most because sharing on Miiverse is easy on Wii U and your Wii U can even upload 720p screenshots on the internet browser when your game is suspended.

Video link to exact point in the Gamexplain Q&A where this was said.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Anyone else go to Gamestop's Smash Bros for Wii U event tonight? I went to the one in my town and got to play the very first and last games in my Gamestop. Some kids showed up later in the night, and I had to teach one how to change characters as well as selecting a character. Also taught a girl how to use Jigglypuff's Sing because she really wanted to use it. At one point, the guy in charge of the Wii U had to delete all the data because he's not supposed to let us use the unlockable characters, but didn't stop us after that. We got as far as unlocking Dr. Mario. At one point, I picked Pit and Palutena's Temple just so I could activate Palutena's Guidance, and they talked about Shulk. For the very last match, one of the guys turned off items, changed it to 2 stock, and we played at Final Destination. I picked random and won with Diddy Kong. Almost won last 7 matches in a row except I lost during Sudden Death in the third to last match because of Bob-ombs. Overall, I had fun and learned Ho-Oh is in the Kalos League stage.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh?

This isn't the PM social thread why am I here what's going on

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh places I've been this evening: SSB4 character impressions thread, Palutena/Marth/ZSS SSB4 boards, PM general and a few character boards?
Hrmmm.

Damnit. I'm really curious as to what post got deleted and why while getting likes before it did. It's weeeeeeeeeeeeird.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Dunno. I'm not even really paying attention to the boards, just f5ing periodically while I do other stuff.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
True, true dat :p
If this was invsi saying this, I would've said "Godlike? You can't even get anywhere in Doubles m8
"

plz don't tell him I said that :(
The shots were fired on this day! ;)

Too bad we're not having doubles on the upcoming tournament, I was really hoping to team up with him and WRECK YO BEHINDS. :grin:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That would be my dad's decision. Not mine. It was hard enough to talk him to scrap IE for Chrome. I don't feel like fighting with him to get rid of Vista.
You should tell him what happened to my brother; his Windows Vista computer broke down because it couldn't handle a 16GB Flash Drive....sounds weird, but it happened.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I hope people give competitive 3v3 or 4v4 a chance when SSB 4 Wii U releases. I enjoy watching doubles matches of any Smash game, especially when the players are able to work together well. Hopefully it won't be too chaotic and the competitive community will larger teamplay the chance it deserves.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I hope people give competitive 3v3 or 4v4 a chance when SSB 4 Wii U releases. I enjoy watching doubles matches of any Smash game, especially when the players are able to work together well. Hopefully it won't be too chaotic and the competitive community will larger teamplay the chance it deserves.
I think 3v3 would be the limit. With 4v4 and friendly fire on you would have to be extremely lucky to not hit your own teammate and probably make the match go very slowly as everyone has to constantly reevaluate their attack before making it so they dont KO their own team.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a ticket today

It really frustrates me because I wanted to leave work early but I suffered through while sick for more money

But if I had left early I would have actually had more money

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I think 3v3 would be the limit. With 4v4 and friendly fire on you would have to be extremely lucky to not hit your own teammate and probably make the match go very slowly as everyone has to constantly reevaluate their attack before making it so they dont KO their own team.
True, team attack throws a wrench in the mix with so many fighters on the stage. That said, even if 3v3 is just a side event or a different type of crew battle, I think it would be really cool to see.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I still do.
AotA it's been forever <3

The past was great. Heck, remember the old smash thread for wii U/3DS where we were all arguing about Geno's chances, why Impa should never replace Sheik and why Chrom had the potential to blow Ike out of the water. :p

The past was fun, and back then I was so meek I never got into a single argument. My first one was with someone who I ended up meeting in RL and I consider to be awesome: Grim Tuesday. :D

@Warchamp7 you just CAN'T go wrong with cats. ;)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A friend challenged me to get 6 Rayquaza (for no good reason) from trading, after 2 days of insane trading I got the wrong green snake.....I have 6 Zygarde now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom