• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Which is why I've said Clarence to a lesser extent. He is a nice kid that loves to have fun and do things with his friends, but at times he can make things worse for certain people. (Most notably Jeff). I do feel sorry for his voice actor being fired over a sexual harassment case (Which makes me worry for how well his Season 2 voice will be).
His voice actor is actually the creator of show.

But yeah, Clarence is just your average child then, which is good because Cartoon Network needs some different type of charters in they're channel.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Im not a fan of the art styles of most of recent cartoons.
They all try too hard to be a Cartoon.
World of Quest, New Spongebob and Breadwinners are good examples.
Just go with the flow, is what I say.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean you feel sorry for the character himself for risk in losing his voice, or the voice actor who's been charged with sexual harrassment issues but pleads that he has a "mental illness"?
I mean that the character's voice just won't be the same without that actor (who was fired for the reasons you've stated). It's like how things went for Al from Full Metal Alchemist (though puberty was the reason for the last actor like Chowder's in Punch Time Explosion).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like Sonic Boom isn't the only game that did a review embargo to hide they've made an incomplete piece of ****. Assassin's Creed: Unity also follows this fate. The game has terrible framerate (there has been reports of moments running at 19 FPS), infested with bugs and glitches, and pretty much unstable (this applies to ALL platforms)

Oh, here's one of those glitches:

I ABSOLUTELY HATE that we live in a gaming world that "AAA" publishers sell us unplayable and/or incomplete games thinking it's acceptable, lie to us to make an excuse, and especially them believing a post-release bug fixing patch will automatically wash all the troubles away as if they never happened.

One reason I'm a huge Nintendo fan and not just because of their IP's: They make sure I get my moneys worth from the game and they make sure the game is enjoyable starting DAY ONE (not a couple days after release like other publishers do).

Sometimes I worry about the game industry and that we might get another game crash.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What's G4?

I'm not a fan how ugly the art styles in some classic cartoon sometime
Ren and Sitmpy/Cow and Chicken
I'm in a ranting mood today! :D

I honestly never liked Ren and Stimpy. The Adult Parody Cartoon completely ruined what little respect I had for the show. I never understood it's appeal but I found similar shows with its humor such as Rocko's Modern Life and Cow & Chicken appealing.

I'm pretty mixed with CN's Clarence. I enjoy it's simpler episodes and references but I CAN'T stand Clarence himself. He's very annoying and usually makes every situation he's in worst. The Jeff, Sumo, and the other side characters save the show for me. But I prefer Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and to a lesser extent, The Amazing World of Gumball.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Looks like Sonic Boom isn't the only game that did a review embargo to hide they've made an incomplete piece of ****. Assassin's Creed: Unity also follows this fate. The game has terrible framerate (there has been reports of moments running at 19 FPS), infested with bugs and glitches, and pretty much unstable (this applies to ALL platforms)

I ABSOLUTELY HATE that we live in a gaming world that "AAA" publishers sell us unplayable and/or incomplete games thinking it's acceptable, lie to us to make an excuse, and especially them believing a post-release bug fixing patch will automatically wash all the troubles away as if they never happened.

One reason I'm a huge Nintendo fan and not just because of their IP's: They make sure I get my moneys worth from the game and they make sure the game is enjoyable starting DAY ONE (not a couple days after release like other publishers do).

Sometimes I worry about the game industry and that we might get another game crash.
Well, if they still have our humanity left, they will eventually learn from their mistakes, (maybe soon after charades likes this), and stop forcing yearly game cycles for big name series.

That depends if they ask for guidance from their conscience, their past mistakes, their loved ones, or their bank accounts.

I hear bank accounts are the popular choice nowadays.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Sweet Jesus on a pancake, that's creepy as basket balls !

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Edit: Yikes!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ubisoft's logic: it's hard to make a female character.

Meanwhile at Bandai Namco Games...

:4robinm::4robinf:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4villager::4villagerf:

Sakurai: We have characters with male and female variations! (Laughs)

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

That's a glitch???? It looks like something made of clay! It thought AC is suppose to be realistic and HD. Not this!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meanwhile, I've found a secret photo of Space Stranger reacting to the announcement of Toy Story 4 :

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Thinkway Toys: "It's hard to create new toys for characters that aren't Woody and Buzz. Oh well! Let's give our fans the finger and half-ass new rehashed Woody and Buzz action figures.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/...forgot-battlesaurs-woody-in-raptorian-armour/

The fact that they thought this would make a greater toy than these:

Trixie and Reptilus would have made great toys, even if Trixie's armor is irremovable. Who the hell watches a 22 minute Toy Story special and sees a new toy line introduced in the special yet the toy line doesn't receive an accurate depiction. The toy designers at Thinkway must have poor marketing skills.

/rant

Edit skim this: http://io9.com/disneys-best-buddy-hasbro-is-talks-to-buy-dreamworks-w-1658371448
Looks like Shrek is confirmed for Toy Story 4. :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Jokes aside, it's rather telling when major game companies release absolutely messy games that make one wonder how did those get past any sort of quality control.

Sega's Sonic Boom and Ubi's new Assassin's Creed game have "CASH GRAB" written all over them.

It's basically fishing the "OMG new Sonic and Assassin's Creed Imma buy it" crowds for some quick money.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm in a ranting mood today! :D

I honestly never liked Ren and Stimpy. The Adult Parody Cartoon completely ruined what little respect I had for the show. I never understood it's appeal but I found similar shows with its humor such as Rocko's Modern Life and Cow & Chicken appealing.

I'm pretty mixed with CN's Clarence. I enjoy it's simpler episodes and references but I CAN'T stand Clarence himself. He's very annoying and usually makes every situation he's in worst. The Jeff, Sumo, and the other side characters save the show for me. But I prefer Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and to a lesser extent, The Amazing World of Gumball.
Gumball is good

the8thark

Smash Lord

That reminds me of the movie Face Off.

Best photo of it I could find at short notice. You know what part of the movie I am referring to.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
OH GOD NO! I HATE that show. All characters are very unlikable, never funny, the jokes feel either forced or uncreative. Plus I don't like all of the damn clashing art styles.
I personally like that show, I think the clashing of art styles are very creative and probably will never be done again.
Honestly, if you find lying to your best friend or small stuff like that is "unlikeable" over, you know... Trying to kill your best friend pet on purpose (SpongeBob) then you will totally love shows like SpongeBob! :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom