• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think I'm screwed.

I can't connect my Nintendo ID account back to my old 3DS because it's on my XL.
The only way to do so is with a system transfer, and my XL is fried.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Do you think it can still be fixed?
Water damage. I don't know the intricacies of electronics or if that's even fixable.

My PS3 died from overheating (yellow light of death) and a guy managed to fix it, if only for long enough to get my data off of it.
I'd hope he could fix my XL so I can do a transfer back to my old 3DS, but these are two different things with different issues.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Water damage. I don't know the intricacies of electronics or if that's even fixable.

My PS3 died from overheating (yellow light of death) and a guy managed to fix it, if only for long enough to get my data off of it.
I'd hope he could fix my XL so I can do a transfer back to my old 3DS, but these are two different things with different issues.
Well I guess it would depend on how bad the water damage was.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well it could still be possible to get data out of it (like a system transfer).
You completely missed the problem.

My data is fine, I put the SD card in my old 3DS days ago and I still have everything.

I can't get my Nintendo Network ID without doing a system transfer, which is impossible with the broken XL.

What this means, is that I no longer have the games that I've purchased from the shop, friends list, or anything online related. And thanks to Nintendo's backwards ways with the internet, unless I somehow fix the XL, my account is lost forever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You completely missed the problem.

My data is fine, I put the SD card in my old 3DS days ago and I still have everything.

I can't get my Nintendo Network ID without doing a system transfer, which is impossible with the broken XL.

What this means, is that I no longer have the games that I've purchased from the shop, friends list, or anything online related. And thanks to Nintendo's backwards ways with the internet, unless I somehow fix the XL, my account is lost forever.
Well in that case I don't know what to say.
I'd recommend finding help, other than that I would not know. Sorry.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Or heck, pre-order rewards for that matter.
For X/Y we get some stupid map, Europe?

I mean, where's our love?
I would've gotten that pokeball, but only one chain in the UK distributed it as pre-order exclusives.

And for some stupid reason, their website wouldn't accept my debit card, even though there was nothing wrong with my account. I even asked for online help on the site and they were practically useless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't there a game in Europe that it's special edition came with condoms?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meanwhile, Luggy tries to play without the up tilt option and his brain is still like this :
His brain is f***** up by it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meanwhile, Luggy tries to play without the up tilt option and his brain is still like this :
His brain is f***** up by it.
I remember watching one guy on Vinesauce playing this and that came up. And I remember thinking that this would surely be a perfect experience.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Bad enough that the thing is broken in the first place.

It won't even turn on after being in rice for two days.
I remember the one time I dropped my DS in water, that was a terrifying expirience.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I remember the one time I dropped my DS in water, that was a terrifying expirience.
I didn't even drop it in water, it was sitting on the table right next to me when something leaked all over.

At least my laptop didn't get wet. I'll still be miffed if I lose my account completely (for the 3DS).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I once dropped my game boy advance SP when I was nine years old, a duck was legitimately four feet away from me while I was playing, and I flinched and dropped it on the ground. And there went my farthest save file of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga until I was sixteen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On an unrelated note. They have a Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo.
Well I can't to see what it's like.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom