• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And in the end the key they build up the whole time is meaningless unless you read the manga. -__-
The manga is always where it's at.

Anime are often adapted from manga while in serialization. They either diverge the endings or leave things hanging (leaving the possibility of a new season for once more manga chapters are released).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
In the 70's, Marvel tried to introduce their characters to Japan. Given Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men were their biggest franchises back then, mangas about them was produced. Spider-Man was the most well received, to the point that he got his own japanese series.

Wich is, how to describe it? Let's say it was like this: Spider-Man is the reason why Super Sentai has giant robots:

The series got a large following there, and currently it's to Japan what 60's Spider-Man is in the west: One of the biggest memes ever.

Heck, the reason why he wasn't announced in Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the first trailer despite being Marvel poster boy was to create hype amongst japanese.
I've seen that show...it's something...Best fights

So I guess Deadpool doesn't have that much popularity in Japan?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
First I've been hearing of some guy named Alex who works at a Target becoming a meme, and now I hear of a Marvel x AoT crossover? Strange day indeed...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thanks Arcanir and thekewl. And MisterVideo.
Why must I keep being ninja'd?

Anyways, Marvel/Attack on Titan is probably the strangest idea I've heard for a crossover.
And yet I want to see it just to see how strange it is.

If I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first AoT crossover. If this keeps up, there should be a particular crossover that's just begging to be made...
Godzilla would wreck. What the hell are they going to do against radiation beams? But I gotta say, Spider-Man looked pretty sick on that picture.

In the 70's, Marvel tried to introduce their characters to Japan. Given Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men were their biggest franchises back then, mangas about them was produced. Spider-Man was the most well received, to the point that he got his own japanese series.

Wich is, how to describe it? Let's say it was like this: Spider-Man is the reason why Super Sentai has giant robots:

The series got a large following there, and currently it's to Japan what 60's Spider-Man is in the west: One of the biggest memes ever.

Heck, the reason why he wasn't announced in Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the first trailer despite being Marvel poster boy was to create hype amongst japanese.
Clearly the next crossover is Spider-Man and Kamen Rider vs the Sinister 6.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually only just now looked back to see that Marvel x Attack on Titan is an official thing.

....all the good reactions were used already...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure Iron Man is pretty popular in Japan too. Since he kind of falls into the Mecha genre. If I'm not mistaken, so are the X-Men, but just to a lesser degree.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're referring to manga -> anime adaptations only, right? Otherwise, I would have to disagree. The Madoka manga is vastly inferior to the anime.
Of course I am talking about manga to anime adaptations, not the other way around.

In the case of Attack on Titan, the manga came first, so it's best to read the manga to keep up with the story. The anime only covers the first 30 or so chapters. Currently, there are 62 manga chapters released.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You're referring to manga -> anime adaptations only, right? Otherwise, I would have to disagree. The Madoka manga is vastly inferior to the anime.
It depends on which one is the original material in most cases.

The only thing I liked in the manga more than the anime was Kyubey. Just look at him, he's way more cute:

Wich makes it much better when he reveal his true colors:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
First I've been hearing of some guy named Alex who works at a Target becoming a meme, and now I hear of a Marvel x AoT crossover? Strange day indeed...
From a glance, I thought that Alex was one of the Sprouse twins...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Quick Question;
In a screenshot for Smash U I remember seeing, it showed the Stage List in the Omega Form selection.
Mario Circuit (BRAWL) was blacked out in that screen, all the other stages weren't.
So does MC(B) not have a FD Form?
...That kinda sucks.
Goodbye my dreams of playing FD to Waluigi Pinball. :(
Nobody cares I guess
I didn't see that gif before, you must feel special:troll:
I did~

D

Deleted member

Thanks, KingofPhantoms!
Godzilla would wreck. What the hell are they going to do against radiation beams? But I gotta say, Spider-Man looked pretty sick on that picture.
Regenerate.
At least until Godzilla leaves nothing left of them.

Compared to Godzilla, no Titan is close to his level. However, I see it as a Pikmin-esque situation where there's strength in numbers.
Not that Godzilla would lose, but the Titans would certainly prove more than a hindrance.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been considering watching Attack on Titan for the longest time, but I've never really been dead set on doing so at some point, like I am with Soul Eater and One Piece.

I've seen a few short clips of a few Titans, as well as the intro and nothing else.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I still need to watch AoT on Crunchyroll.

I wish I could multitask watching anime whilst I work.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It depends on which one is the original material in most cases.

The only thing I liked in the manga more than the anime was Kyubey. Just look at him, he's way more cute:

Wich makes it much better when he reveal his true colors:
He It looks like a Mew Demon Cat Pikachu Fox Dead Eyed Creature Thing. & Knuckles

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Suddenly had my interest in splatoon rekindled out of no where.

Also...Marvel x AoT?...Well...ok then...don't have a response because I don't care for either of them but...wow.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still need to watch AoT on Crunchyroll.

I wish I could multitask watching anime whilst I work.
I multitask reading manga, browsing and posting on Smashboards, and work at once.

Of course, anime is a little harder to multitask... >_>

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I multitask reading manga, browsing and posting on Smashboards and work at once.

Of course, anime is a little harder to multitask... >_>
It's more to do with attention focus for me.

I can only watch anime I've already seen while I'm working, seeing as I already know what happens. Even then, if it's a good anime, I can still get distracted.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I only watch anime when I KNOW I have time, and normally in a single day.
I marathon-ed the entire AoT anime in one day.
I Marathon-ed the whole R2 of Code Geass in one day
I marathon-ed eps 20-51 of Soul Eater on the same day.
And I marathon-ed Eps 2-12 of Madoka Magica on the same day.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I kinda wanna make my Avatar an Inkling, but once again I don't know if Splatoon is my cup of tea.
Tell me when it's compatible with the Wii U Pro Controller and then we'll talk
(Gamepad = 2rectangle4me)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That Titan (or rather "WITCH" apparently I overlooked something) and the area they're reminds me of some weird stuff from some certain old animated movies.

Kind reminds me of Halloween is Grinch Night or that old Raggedy Ann movie (the latter of which I know the existence of because Nostalgia Critic).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom