• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I heard that this commercial was so controversial, that they made an edited version that doesn't show the disgusting bits like the onscreen explosion and the Nickelodeon -esque slime for the logo instead of the more disgusting organ splats.
Well I can see why they did.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I've apparently played over 40 hours worth of Resident Evil 6.
Evidently I really like it. And I do.

Why does everyone hate this game so much?
Taken from the YMMV page of Resident Evil 6:
Same issue as since Resident Evil 4. A large number of fans are already complaining about the apparently increased action focus and the game retaining the over-the-shoulder camera of 4 and 5, claiming this is "not survival horror." Either you think it's a good thing to have done away with wonky camera angles and awkward controls at the cost of making the games feel less claustrophobic and scary, or you welcome these things for improving the overall experience and think it's a price worth paying. That being said, steps do appear to have been taken to bring back some of the atmosphere and horror that were lacking in RE4 and RE5 in particular, so Capcom appears to have at least tried to keep both groups happy.

However, RE6's attempt at keeping the atmosphere and horror of the older games while simultaneously being action-packed for the modern audience only widened the gulf between the fanbase. Fans of the classic games have nothing but contempt for the deluge of cutscene setpieces laden with QTEs, and even fans of RE6 are broken up over the campaigns, since each one had completely different scenario designers; they may like the zombies and the action of Leon's campaign but loathe the Call of Duty-ish Chris's campaign, and so on, and fans claiming to like all campaigns equally are especially rare. By trying to blend genres such as survival horror, action, and even stealth into one game, it did neither of them particularly well. Many critical of the game share the same sentiment: By trying to please everyone, it ended up leaving many unimpressed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That seems reasonable. I certainly don't like Chris's campaign as much as Leon's, Jake's, and Ada's. But those three, I have absolutely no problem with. The only issues I have with the gameplay is that there's too many QTE's, and that enemies take too hits to kill.

But neither of those issues are new. They were present in Resident Evil 4 and 5 as well, albeit to an respectively lesser degree.
Everything else about the game is amazing, at least after the patch.

The art design is great, the game looks and runs tremendously great, the music is epic, and the controls, after you get used to them, are nice too. The voice acting and flow of the cutscenes is probably the best part, though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd take Resident Evil 7 over another damn remake of the first game any day. It's just Capcom doing a poor job of realizing what their own fans really want (Did we really ant to see Resident Evil 1 for the umpteenth time?).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Additionally, I like every character in the game. This is probably the best version of Leon, Ada and Chris, Piers is a boss, Jake is surprisingly likeable, and nothing can go wrong with more brunettes, especially when they're voiced by Laura Bailey.

That being said, **** Sherry Birkin. You will never be Rebecca, no matter how hard you try.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Additionally, I like every character in the game. This is probably the best version of Leon, Ada and Chris, Piers is a boss, Jake is surprisingly likeable, and nothing can go wrong with more brunettes, especially when they're voiced by Laura Bailey.

That being said, **** Sherry Birkin. You will never be Rebecca, no matter how hard you try.
I'm glad that I'm not the only Resident Evil fan that hates her guts in that game. I felt like that she was a failed attempt at appealing to those that like "blonde girls with guns" after her age up.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I just want to see a new RE game that isnt forced ****ing co-op. Capcom why you do this, even Revelaitons 2 thats supposed to be "spooky scary" is 2 player co-op, like, why.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just want to see a new RE game that isnt forced ****ing co-op. Capcom why you do this, even Revelaitons 2 thats supposed to be "spooky scary" is 2 player co-op, like, why.
I thought it was one player swapping between characters?

I'm glad that I'm not the only Resident Evil fan that hates her guts in that game. I felt like that she was a failed attempt at appealing to those that like "blonde girls with guns" after her age up.
I think, like I said, that she is trying to appeal to the Japanese fans of overtly cute little girls for some ****ing reason.
I mean, she looks like she's 15 when's actually 26.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Considering how long DLC characters take to create, realistically speaking just one is likely. :wolf:
I know how long it takes, but it may not matter. Sakurai probably started on Krystal once he got back from E3 after Miyamoto announced the new StarFox game and the dedication, which could work out with the release of the new StarFox game.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
8-Player Smash is going to ease and heighten the chaos during Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners. I really wish the mode could have been added to online play.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I know how long it takes, but it may not matter. Sakurai probably started on Krystal once he got back from E3 after Miyamoto announced the new StarFox game and the dedication, which could work out with the release of the new StarFox game.
It's a stretch but I'm not against Krystal.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, hot diggity damn, RandomTalkingBush ripped some 3DS models of the SSB4 characters.

And don't go all "SLOWPOKE" on me. I was at Utah for my Grandmother's (on my dad's side) funeral for the past three days.

----

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty decent actually

Fire Emblem Awakening: Sakurai's celebration: :4lucina::4robinm::4robinf:
Yes
Lucina is on an entirely different situation than the other characters.

I take two Fire Emblem characters over two Star Fox characters any day, though.

But no new Star Fox was released. Plus Awakening revived the series and sold impossibly well. I mean the expectation was 250,000 copies.
This, too.

Nope. It's gonna be Wolf or no new Star Fox character.

Wolf has more going for him than furry bait Krystal.

Learn a thing or two about game development, then we can talk.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm back lads !
For those who lives in Europe, I have a code for the demo of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I already have one, so the first who want it will have it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well, hot diggity damn, RandomTalkingBush ripped some 3DS models of the SSB4 characters.

And don't go all "SLOWPOKE" on me. I was at Utah for my Grandmother's (on my dad's side) funeral for the past three days.

----
Ouch, sorry for your loss.

Brawl hackers are going to lose their **** when they see this.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
8-Player Smash is going to ease and heighten the chaos during Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners. I really wish the mode could have been added to online play.
ITS NOT? @legendofrob1 CANCEL EVERYTHING

----
Sorry to hear that about your Grandma.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought it was one player swapping between characters?

I think, like I said, that she is trying to appeal to the Japanese fans of overtly cute little girls for some ****ing reason.
I mean, she looks like she's 15 when's actually 26.
Oh look, that's the same reason why Lana had gotten so much flack from the Zelda fans. To be fair, it wasn't really much of a Zelda game to begin with since TK published it in Japan (Which means that there will be no references to any original character from Hyrule Warriors in the canon Zelda titles). :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm a Krystal supporter, and even I realize her chances are beyond slim. Maybe SSB5 or if a ton of DLC characters are made at best. But Wolf is coming first and there's probably just a few new characters from other series and other veterans instead.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh look, that's the same reason why Lana had gotten so much flack from the Zelda fans. To be fair, it wasn't really much of a Zelda game to begin with since TK published it in Japan (Which means that there will be no references to any original character from Hyrule Warriors in the canon Zelda titles). :troll:
Well, I like Lana. Even if she is bit too "much". But I still cannot stand Sherry Birkin. Mostly because she is an overtly Japanese themed character voiced by an American VA and it sounds horribly awkward. All of the other voice actors are fine, but her's stands out and not in a good way. Plus, it's clear she's fetish material because she's somehow the most sexualized character in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, we got the models for Mega Man and Pac-Man? This makes me a happy camper. The model hacks here we come.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Wow, it's amazing how much you can forget about a game after not playing a certain section of it for ages. Just played through the first few hours of Xenoblade Chronicles, and man I sucked at the game the first time I played through it. Didn't relies how to swap characters, so I didn't play as Dunban, and Metal Face was hard as I didn't understand anything about the battle system and how to topple him. Just did it then and I beat him in like 5 attacks lol. I'm looking forward to my second playthrough of it as it's definitely a game that remains enjoyable no matter how many times you've played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom