• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The problem is

He's not necesarily a pipe dream, I'll give you that, but he's not really that likely.
That's an opinion. It has nothing to do with grammar and nothing to do with how I understand that word.

For a second there I thought I was about to get schooled on my grammar. I got all worked up over nothing.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I'll be damned.
And to what extent do you think Krystal and Lana are likely?
Krystal: If we were to get a series with 2 DLC characters, it would be StarFox since Miyamoto has already declared 2015 as the year of StarFox. Most unlike this year, the Year of Sonic, the Year of StarFox was declared by Nintendo. That and Krystal would be the most unique choice for a StarFox representative. (But I do expect Wolf to come back first)

And no, Slippy and Peppy would not get priority over Krystal because they would be obvious clones of Fox.

Lana: Contrary to popular belief I've seen, Lana is not owned by Koei Temco because Nintendo had involvement in the development of Hyrule Warriors. Even if they did own her, Lana would represent Koei Temco just fine, a history between Koei Temco and Nintendo.

I know she's just a spinoff character, but if there was a Spinoff character to be playable for the first time, it would be Lana over Waluigi since the later has no importance of story.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shouldn't you be in school, Sonny boy? :troll:
You're one to talk. :smirk:

Krystal: If we were to get a series with 2 DLC characters, it would be StarFox since Miyamoto has already declared 2015 as the year of StarFox. Most unlike this year, the Year of Sonic, the Year of StarFox was declared by Nintendo. That and Krystal would be the most unique choice for a StarFox representative. (But I do expect Wolf to come back first)

And no, Slippy and Peppy would not get priority over Krystal because they would be obvious clones of Fox.

Lana: Contrary to popular belief I've seen, Lana is not owned by Koei Temco because Nintendo had involvement in the development of Hyrule Warriors. Even if they did own her, Lana would represent Koei Temco just fine, a history between Koei Temco and Nintendo.

I know she's just a spinoff character, but if there was a Spinoff character to be playable for the first time, it would be Lana over Waluigi since the later has no importance of story.
I lol'd at this post.

Like Krystal is going to get in before Wolf returns and like Star Fox is getting a newcomer considering the current state of the series.

As for Lana, you can't be serious, can you? Sure, she's owned by Nintendo and that's all she has going for her.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Isn't it obvious?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You're one to talk. :smirk:

I lol'd at this post.

Like Krystal is going to get in before Wolf returns and like Star Fox is getting a newcomer considering the current state of the series.

As for Lana, you can't be serious, can you? Sure, she's owned by Nintendo and that's all she has going for her.

Isn't it obvious?
I did say I expected Wolf to come back first, Frosty.

Besides, I would expect Sakurai to put Krystal in as DLC to promote the new StaFox game, just like he revealed Diddy Kong the day Tropical Freeze came out in America as a promotion to Tropical Freeze.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I did say I expected Wolf to come back first, Frosty.

Besides, I would expect Sakurai to put Krystal in as DLC to promote the new StaFox game, just like he revealed Diddy Kong the day Tropical Freeze came out in America as a promotion to Tropical Freeze.
Lol Krystal.

Wouldn't Wolf be the one to promote Star Fox U?

Let's see... Wolf was in Brawl. Wolf is more important to the series. Wolf is more popular.

Who's going to be the Star Fox character than can be added as DLC and would promote Star Fox U as well? Wolf.

Krystal won't happen. This is the truth. Sorry about it.

Just 3 clones is enough, and Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina actually bring the slightest uniqueness to the table, Peppy and Slippy wouldn't.
As if Krystal would. :rolleyes:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Lol Krystal.

Wouldn't Wolf be the one to promote Star Fox U?

Let's see... Wolf was in Brawl. Wolf is more important to the series. Wolf is more popular.

Who's going to be the Star Fox character than can be added as DLC and would promote Star Fox U as well? Wolf.
I dunno, if Miyamoto's working so hard on it and even declaring 2015 the Year of StarFox, I think Sakurai would see fit to add both to promote the new StarFox game and the Year of StarFox.
As if Krystal would. :rolleyes:
Have you ever played StarFox Adventures, Frosty? Those who have (myself included) would tell you that there's absolutely no reason to call Krystal a clone.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I still want Slippy playable.

"BOMBS, AWAAAAAAAAAAAY!" ~Slippy Toad, StarFox Assault Multiplayer

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am serious though. Krystal has the staff so she could be unique, and if the team would like to pander to the fanbase while spending resources on other characters, she could be an easy semi-clone of Fox. It's a lot, sure, but Starfox characters are popular.

Note: @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi please don't like this post.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dunno, if Miyamoto's working so hard on it and even declaring 2015 the Year of StarFox, I think Sakurai would see fit to add both to promote the new StarFox game and the Year of StarFox.

Have you ever played StarFox Adventures, Frosty? Those who have (myself included) would tell you that there's absolutely no reason to call Krystal a clone.
You seriously believe Sakurai will add TWO Star Fox characters to celebrate said year?

Wolf is more than enough. Wolf would cause more impact than Krystal.

Krystal missed her boat in Brawl and spectacularly did so again in this game with Wolf being cut and whatnot.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Im a huge advocate of "impossible" characters, I have logical reasoning for every Nintendo-related character having even a sliver of a chance depending on circumstances (Unless its Banjo Kazooie, that boat has sailed)

That being said, Krystal has very low chances. Next Smash could always pull a Fire Emblem and have 2 new Star Fox characters (Wolf being the Lucina of the duo funny enough), but not DLC, Wolf is going to have priority and with how Nintendo spaces DLC apart I wouldnt bet on more than one character per franchise.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So people think veteran characters are likely for DLC? In all honesty, I think Mew2 was the obvious choice, and I'm super excited to get him. But along with him people want Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur/Squirlte AND Ice Climbers? Personally, I'd only like to see the ICs return, but for obvious reasons they likely won't. So I'd much more prefer if they focused on newcomers, so Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Rayman, Professor Layton would be better choices. Another Zelda character would be better than another Star Fox character, though Lana would be REALLY weird, after only one game appearance.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nintendo loves invoking Body Horror just like how they love invoking Nightmare Fuel and the Uncanny Valley.
The weirdest part about the commercial is just the irony of it.
Nintendo (especially back then) was all about removing the gore and other such things, yet we have this thing that looks like it came straight out of Ren and Stimpy.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So people think veteran characters are likely for DLC? In all honesty, I think Mew2 was the obvious choice, and I'm super excited to get him. But along with him people want Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur/Squirlte AND Ice Climbers? Personally, I'd only like to see the ICs return, but for obvious reasons they likely won't. So I'd much more prefer if they focused on newcomers, so Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Rayman, Professor Layton would be better choices. Another Zelda character would be better than another Star Fox character, though Lana would be REALLY weird, after only one game appearance.
Im down for another Zelda character, any of them would be fine (except for Lana, screw her and her annoying self, I rather have Tingle), but Im afraid that Ninty wont do DLC characters with new movesets so were stuck with clones or veterans for the most part me thinks (Mewtwo is made from scratch but they do have reference to base him off of)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nintendo (especially back then) was all about removing the gore and other such things, yet we have this thing that looks like it came straight out of Ren and Stimpy.
It's not grotesque, it's just ugly.
Like everything in the 80's.

EDIT: I thought this was the YOU CANNOT BEAT US commercial from earlier.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I heard that this commercial was so controversial, that they made an edited version that doesn't show the disgusting bits like the onscreen explosion and the Nickelodeon -esque slime for the logo instead of the more disgusting organ splats.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I heard that this commercial was so controversial, that they made an edited version that doesn't show the disgusting bits like the onscreen explosion and the Nickelodeon -esque slime for the logo instead of the more disgusting organ splats.
It was controversial?
That's a genuine surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom