• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
KIRBY VS BUU!!!

For those who don't know, Death Battle (stylized as DEATH BATTLE!) is a web-based video show hosted by "Wizard" (Ben Singer) and "Boomstick" (Chad James) presented by ScrewAttack. The show pits two or more fictional characters from different medias such as movies, comics,manga, television programs, literature and video games, and create a simulated battle to the death. The characters are analyzed with their respective powers, strengths, and weaknesses, to determine a winner.

And the next Death Battle is Kirby vs Buu! You guys have to support the Pink Puffball! The release date of the video is unannounced currently.
Kirby vs Majin Buu? For real? Did they say which version? Well, honestly, I'm a fan both Dragon Ball and Nintendo stuff. But I think Buu has it. His healing factor is pretty damn good. Not to mention he has more powers without the need to copy right away. Though both could just absorb their opponent, so I don't know the real outcome.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So who else absolutely hates when you try to use a simple down air to possibly spike an enemy off the stage and end up not only missing but fast falling to your demise?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So who else absolutely hates when you try to use a simple down air to possibly spike an enemy off the stage and end up not only missing but fast falling to your demise?
Haven't done that much. But the few times I did, I was annoyed at myself.

Soul.

Missing down aerials are not good, especially with characters such as Toon Link.
Why does he not have the bouncing DAir anymore. He better have it in the next Smash.

D

Deleted member

Four characters left and MISSION COMPLETE (:foxmelee:): :4zelda: :4robinm: :4ness: :4villager:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Kirby vs Majin Buu? For real? Did they say which version? Well, honestly, I'm a fan both Dragon Ball and Nintendo stuff. But I think Buu has it. His healing factor is pretty damn good. Not to mention he has more powers without the need to copy right away. Though both could just absorb their opponent, so I don't know the real outcome.
I think it's going to be both Kid and Majin Buu, but I'm not certain.

Boy, if Kirby loses, I hope his death isn't too horrific.
Great, I already know the dead one.
The favorite one dies everytime except when he's evil, cooler or some crappy baskets thing like that.
Well, Yoshi won his battle against Raptor, who is a lot more brutal and violent (and I guess cooler looking).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just noticed.
Remember how the only reason EXCITEBIKER wasn't in Melee is because Sakurai didn't know how to make him believably jump around?
:4bowserjr: exists now.
LET'S GO, EXCITEBIKER FOR SMASH DLC. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ Okay, that's enough.

(My hand's getting cramped...)

Anyway, you are pretty good. Better than I expected, to be honest.

Even so, you got to feel the wrath of the Great King.

Don't think I will forget about those OP arrows of yours! :evil:

D

Deleted member

I just noticed.
Remember how the only reason EXCITEBIKER wasn't in Melee is because Sakurai didn't know how to make him believably jump around?
To be fair, making a propelled hovercraft jump is a bit different from making a bike jump.

What you should be looking at is that Sakurai created both the Wheelie and Roader and they can jump.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
After looking through people's 3DS control layout for SSB4, I think I have the weirdest setup. A lot of people are using default setups with/without tap jump and some are using slightly tweaked layouts.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've just been sitting here, kinda bored for the past 10 minutes listening to
Non-stop. I'm not really sure what to do right now. I'm already worn out on Smash and Hyrule Warriors for today, I did all of my work, and most of my family is asleep already, so I'm kinda at a loss.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
To be fair, making a propelled hovercraft jump is a bit different from making a bike jump.

What you should be looking at is that Sakurai created both the Wheelie and Roader and they can jump.
I was pointing to Smash Bros. Fighters specifically, but that works too. :p

D

Deleted member

After looking through people's 3DS control layout for SSB4, I think I have the weirdest setup. A lot of people are using default setups with/without tap jump and some are using slightly tweaked layouts.
I just turned of tap jump and flipped the grab and shield buttons around (shield on L and grab on R).

Also having the flu sucks, it's been a while since I've actually been legitimately sick with something that isn't a minor cold and it's almost like I forgot how it felt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've just been sitting here, kinda bored for the past 10 minutes listening to
Non-stop. I'm not really sure what to do right now. I'm already worn out on Smash and Hyrule Warriors for today, I did all of my work, and most of my family is asleep already, so I'm kinda at a loss.
Watch... What this trippy commercial is... What... What did I just watch?

Uhh... Cleanse yourself with this?

I just turned of tap jump and flipped the grab and shield buttons around (shield on L and grab on R).

Also having the flu sucks, it's been a while since I've actually been legitimately sick with something that isn't a minor cold and it's almost like I forgot how it felt.
A: Grab
B: Jump
X: Special
Y: Attack
L: Shield
R: Jump because you can't have one Jump button...
Tap Jump: Off

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
KIRBY VS BUU!!!

For those who don't know, Death Battle (stylized as DEATH BATTLE!) is a web-based video show hosted by "Wizard" (Ben Singer) and "Boomstick" (Chad James) presented by ScrewAttack. The show pits two or more fictional characters from different medias such as movies, comics,manga, television programs, literature and video games, and create a simulated battle to the death. The characters are analyzed with their respective powers, strengths, and weaknesses, to determine a winner.

And the next Death Battle is Kirby vs Buu! You guys have to support the Pink Puffball! The release date of the video is unannounced currently.
Those videos are actually really dumb.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I just noticed.
I'm not sure if you can really compare a dirt bike to a fictional hovercar, but whatever floats your boat.
Those videos are actually really dumb.
Really? I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Anyways, Kirby vs Buu!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I was able to make a Mii Gunner that suits my playstyle. Though I don't know if I should pick Echo Reflector or Bomb Drop.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I could swear it's from Wind Waker....and haven't even played Wind Waker.
To be fair, Golden Sun's music was pretty similar to Mario Tennis and Golf series, because Motoi Sakuraba are the same composer of both of these games. Motoi Sakuraba even composed Tales of Symphonia music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom