• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So, Nintendo is expanding their business into health and "quality of life" devices. Their first device will focus on measuring and visualizing sleep and fatigue levels through a non-contact radio frequency sensor, which will follow the five tenants of their belief that it should be non-wearable, non-contact, non-operating, non-waiting, and non-installation efforts. Said device would essentially be place on your bedside and would work and collect data abut sleep ad fatigue through little to no effort, and this data will then be analyzed and evaluated by dedicated "quality of life servers". Then, a variety of actions will be recommended, ranging from aspects such as diet to exercise. Through continued measurements daily users will be able to keep track of their progress, and Nintendo hopes that this will improve people's lives and health.

And I write this at 4am in the ****ing morning, maybe I need this to help my sleep schedule lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone think Yokai Watch would sell in the US?

I don't, but it's the top selling game thing in Japan

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm back!
With news of all sorts!
Let's start with the Good News.
The VERY Good News is;
I'm getting Smash Bros.

HALLELUIAH
The Good News is;
It's the Wii U Version, so I can play with my fancy Wii U Pro Controller

Finally, something I can use this for OTHER than Guacamelee, which my Sister won't let me play alone
And now for the Bad News.
The Bad News is;
I'm getting ONLY the Wii U Version. Money constraints.

Plus my Sister already has the 3DS Version so I still get Mewtwo anyway~
The VERY Bad News is;
As Such, I removed EVERYONE from my 3DS Friends list since I don't really need them anymore.

With the lone exceptions of my Sister, Uncle and Aunt, my Flipnote Hatena/Miiverse Buddy (Shoutouts to Toad 900, you my best buddy, Y U No Join Smashboards) and @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 because he's my broham
So yeah. :p
Hey, actually, I don't even think I added your ID yet :)

Let me do so...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Lucky Star and GJ-Bu for me.
Go for Lucky Star if you've watched other animes from Kyoto Animations. The show is filled to brim with shout-outs.
GJ-Bu constantly skirts the line of a harem, without going into that territory.

Though if you want to see something that will make you feel happy all the way through, watch My Neighbour Totoro or The Cat Returns from Studio Ghibli.

Watamote if you don't mind self-deprecating humour.
Thanks! I'm a huge Ghibli fan, and I'm semi-familiar with Lucky Star, but I'll give them all a shot!

One Piece
That must be a lot of help for you:ohwell:

Other than that I can't really think of anything
Haha, yeah, I definitely watch a lot of One Piece. You're right though, it's super funny.

Tie between Soul Eater, Durarara!! and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Those aren't exactly comedies, but they have funny moments and gags.
Actually, you got me onto Soul Eater! I never told you, I was just curious about your avi/sig one day and found it. I watched it in like three days, really cool concept. Reading it now. I've seen FMA, and have had Durarara!! on my laptop for ages, but never watched it. I've heard it's really good though.

Depends on the type of humor. Also, I'm generally an indecisive person, so I can't pick a "funniest". Currently I'm reading Nisekoi for the humor, so if you haven't seen the anime, you could watch that. I also enjoyed the light-hearted humor in Ika Musume. As for this current season, I enjoy Amagi Brilliant Park, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu, and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji. The last one is a shoujo series, so I'm not sure if you'd be interested in that.
Thanks! to be honest, I've never heard of any of them, but pretty much open to everything! Rarely find something I don't like, so I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for answering sweeties <3

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Dose it has to be in Kotaku?

Can somebody just copy and paste the article, I don't want to go on Kotaku
Director Masahiro Sakurai reflects on his workload on the latest Super Smash Bros., and holy hell, what a workload it is.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is out and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is almost complete. In his latest column in Weekly Famitsu , Sakurai took a moment to reflect on the development of the games. "Making things like this takes its toll." Sakurai wrote. "DevelopingSmash Bros. destroys a lot of one's private life."

And how. As director of the game, Sakurai essentially oversees everything in Smash Bros. – a job that is made even more difficult due to the simultaneous development of two versions of the game. "I constantly consider leaving part of the work to someone else, but there's just too much to see and handle." Sakurai said. "As a result, I work from mornings to late nights, even on weekends and holidays. I hardly have any free time, let alone time to play other games."

This sort of work schedule is not a new thing for Sakurai. For Smash Bros. Melee, Sakurai noted that he worked for 13 months straight with not a single day off. "Towards the end, there were instances where I would work for 40 hours straight and then take 4 hours off to go home and sleep." Sakurai recalled. Fortunately, for the latest Smash Bros. games, Sakurai hasn't had such a heavy routine. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean the workload itself was any lighter – quite the opposite, in fact. "I'm not young anymore so I can't push myself like I did then, but I feel that the busyness due to the sheer amount of features [in the games] was much greater this time around. My routine was trying to complete my daily work every day while doing my best to maintain my health day after day."

As dedicated a worker Sakurai is, apparently the workload and stress can get to him from time to time. "Sometimes I wind up thinking about life itself. Things like 'why is it again that people are born?'" Sakurai admitted. "The work is large enough and difficult enough that it can affect how you look at life."

Sakurai noted that if there is to be another game, he definitely needs to reassess the workload. "I've passed my limit long ago." Sakurai wrote. Even after the Wii U version of the game comes out, Sakurai still has follow-up work to do. "I wish I had time to think about what I want to do from here, but that doesn't look like it's going to be the case."

Despite any momentary reassessments of his existence in this world, Sakurai is well aware that working on Smash Bros. is an opportunity he has been given that few others have. "I believe I should be thankful that I am given such funds to be able to use such iconic characters and content that represent Japanese games with such freedom, and have multitudes of people across the world play with them." Sakurai admitted that his frank somber tone and somewhat grim reflection of the game development process in his column may not be a very smart move on his part, but he hopes that what he writes may serve as a reference for people who may be interested in working in the games industry. Sakurai concluded, "I'm not depressed and I continue to remain healthy and positive, but developing Smash Bros. is beyond hard."

Here you go sir.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I see the Gen 3 hate is real.
I like all pokemon games to some extent, and I do like gen 3 very much actually, but that was the gen when they started to make some really bad pokemon designs, which then only got worse (mind you theres still a lot of great ones in them, but I dont find majority of them good like I did in gen 1 and 2)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Though if you want to see something that will make you feel happy all the way through, watch My Neighbour Totoro or The Cat Returns from Studio Ghibli.
Someone in the Social Thread mentions an anime I've actually seen!? What sorcery is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom