• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Again, I'm not questioning the popularity of Chandelure. I'm questioning why it got such a negative response during that poll a while back.

:094:
I think that negative response was a mistranslation and that the reaction from the poll was less that people were angry because Chandelure was in, but were annoyed that their guess was wrong. This is mostly due that no Japanese comments on the poll seemed to comment on that "negative response".

Seeing that it's Chandelure, it's easy to see why they would be annoyed that they got it wrong considering Chandelure is super popular there in a "how did I not think of this" kind of way.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I remember first reading the Pokken news and feeling slightly hurt that it wasn't Swampert, but at the same time, I wasn't surprised that Swampert wasn't the hinted Pokemon in light of that poll on the Pokken website. Oh well, guess we still have to wait with completing the Hoenn trio.

But my overall thoughts about Chandelier's inclusion? It was a character that I found myself doubting that it would appear in Pokken, but when I heard today's news, I was surprised... yet, the more I think about Chandelure in Pokken, the more I warm up to its inclusion. Truth be told, Chandelure is one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon of all time (as well as my 2nd favorite generation 5 Pokemon, just narrowly behind Meloetta), so there's a good part of me that's happy with its inclusion. It's likely going to be my new main, and I can't to see the gameplay footage of it. Ghostly flame attacks would be pretty cool, and hopefully it will sound as eerie and cool as it does in the games.

Still not losing hope with Gallade, Greninja, Swampert, Luxray, Scizor, and Salamence though. I'll need to refine my top 10 Pokken wishlist soon.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So far I'm interested in playing Lucario, Sceptile and Weavile. But unless Greninja gets announced I'm most likely gonna main Lucario.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also being a background pokemon doesn't mean they can't be playable since Chandelure is both.
I gotta be honest; the whole "background Pokemon can't be playable" assumption was really dumb, in my opinion. So if this is true, then I'm glad that assumption is finally shut down.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still say Nintendo should get Team Soul to make a Fire Emblem fighting game styled like Soul Calibur.

Call it Soul Emblem.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
FalKoopa FalKoopa here;s a vid about languages :)

I just want to know your opinion on this because I will be honest, it;s a headache in French :(
When I started learning French, Grammatical gender was a bit hard to get used to. English doesn't have it, and in Hindi it only changes the verb and nothing else.

French is a bit difficult, as unlike 'they' in English, French has two - 'ils' and 'elles'. Might just ditch the uncommon 'elles', I guess.

Not Swampert confirmed for Pokken

And yes, Chandela contains the character as you can see: シャンデ
Lmao, @Chandelure. Congrats on being in Pokkén. :p

I actually really like this reveal.

:231:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah and competitive Smash is so boring I want to pull my eyes out through my nose.
It sure can be boring sometimes. But not at all when I watch my main character in the MU.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To continue with my proggy mood, which is the longest song that you ever listened?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
When I started learning French, Grammatical gender was a bit hard to get used to. English doesn't have it, and in Hindi it only changes the verb and nothing else.

French is a bit difficult, as unlike 'they' in English, French has two - 'ils' and 'elles'. Might just ditch the uncommon 'elles', I guess.

Lmao, @Chandelure. Congrats on being in Pokkén. :p

I actually really like this reveal.

Actually, this si a weird thing because if I want to talk to undefined genders of multiple people,. I would most likely default to male and say "ils", how French work is it's male until proven female and that goes for plurial too. You coudl be referring to a thousand female and JUST ONE MALE and you have to default this to male.

But pronoun aren;t this confusing, what is VERY confusing is for the love of god, figuring out what noun is female or male and same goes for verbs stuff (past participe sucks in French).

Like "autobus" which is like a bus in English, do you say "un autobus" or "une autobus"? Going to be very honest, you could say both in a sentence and I doubt someone won;t get what you mean, they both sound good.....

Same for "escalier" which is stairs in English. un or une? they both sound fine, but according to the dictionary, only one is correct and I can;t even remember because to me, both are fine.

This is why it's very confusing as a native speaker.......imagine if you are learning it....aya......

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, this si a weird thing because if I want to talk to undefined genders of multiple people,. I would most likely default to male and say "ils", how French work is it's male until proven female and that goes for plurial too. You coudl be referring to a thousand female and JUST ONE MALE and you have to default this to male.

But pronoun aren;t this confusing, what is VERY confusing is for the love of god, figuring out what noun is female or male and same goes for verbs stuff (past participe sucks in French).

Like "autobus" which is like a bus in English, do you say "un autobus" or "une autobus"? Going to be very honest, you could say both in a sentence and I doubt someone won;t get what you mean, they both sound good.....

Same for "escalier" which is stairs in English. un or une? they both sound fine, but according to the dictionary, only one is correct and I can;t even remember because to me, both are fine.

This is why it's very confusing as a native speaker.......imagine if you are learning it....aya......
There are a few patterns; often you can guess the gender from the spelling. Like words ending in 'tion' (association)are always female, while 'eau' (bureau, manteau) are always male. I believe it is 'un escalier'. I guess it is a problem with new words. I'd say 'un autobus', personally.

As long as everyone understands what you mean, I won't really bother that much.

(I've only learnt simple present and passe compose till now. I guess I'll have a tough time ahead. :p)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There are a few patterns; often you can guess the gender from the spelling. Like words ending in 'tion' (association)are always female, while 'eau' (bureau, manteau) are always male. I believe it is 'un escalier'. I guess it is a problem with new words. I'd say 'un autobus', personally.

As long as everyone understands what you mean, I won't really bother that much.

(I've only learnt simple present and passe compose till now. I guess I'll have a tough time ahead. :p)

the problem is when it comes to classes.

They are.....very annoying, I actually have my last class and exam this semester and dear god I can;t wait to end it because i hate their classes :(

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Apparently, dying is the new trend of 2016. Lemmy started it and Bowie quickly followed and made it a hit. Rickman just wanted in on the deal and now David Margulies and Brian Bedford joined the team.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
As soon as I change my avatar back to Braixen, Pokkén goes and adds Pachirisu as a support? The dream team (plus Magikarp :b) is finally complete! Shame Sylveon couldn't get in as a fighter, though.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So... Apparently Splatoon is finished with new content. Nintendo just tweeted that the next new weapon will be the last one released... :urg:

Looks like we aren't getting those Octolings after all.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Releasing so late in the Wii U's lifecycle would affect sales.

Still, the more it is delayed the more time they have to improve the game. And Nintendo's games are always of high quality.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad." - Miyamoto

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
OH MY GOD CHANDELURE GOT CONFIRMED FOR POKKEN!?
YEEEEEEEEEEES!
Oh man, I LOVE Chandelure!
I'm just really happy right now.
That sounds really cool!

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160

Man, I want some gameplay footage of Chandelure so badly. I'm so interested to see how it's going to move around and attack.

Also, Pokken has a confirmed release date of March 18th for both Us and Europe. It looks like some good stuff is coming over the next few months. Can't wait.:estatic:
:214:#Hercross4Pokken

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually not too sure how I feel about Chandelure being in the game.

I suppose I have to waot and see actually gameplay before I cam really judge whether I like it or not.

Then again, I don't actually intend to get Pokken so what do I know?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realized, we have Braixen, Charizard, Blaziken, and now Chandelure.
A bunch of fire types, in a fighting game.
They're really doing a good job keeping that Fire/Fighting trend going. :troll:

Also, the fire types are all alphabetically first, and 3 of them are starters.

Quite a lot of fire types.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Man, I want some gameplay footage of Chandelure so badly. I'm so interested to see how it's going to move around and attack.
I agree so much. I'm still warming up to the idea that Chandelure is playable, but out of all of the Pokemon released, he is the most curious. I mean, how IS he gonna play? Is Chandelure just going to be a generic projectile spammer or will he have some actual physical aggression? I'm honestly more hype about Chandelure's potential over his inclusion.

One Pokemon I've been waiting the longest for (besides Victini) is Breloom, who I feel is so fitting for a fighting game like this, and after the disappointing reveal that Victini isn't playable, I'm really, REALLY hoping Breloom gets in, because when it comes down to fighting, Breloom is one of the most dirty scrappers if you think about it, and I love fighters like that. He's got a lot of potential and I hope he's considered.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I agree so much. I'm still warming up to the idea that Chandelure is playable, but out of all of the Pokemon released, he is the most curious. I mean, how IS he gonna play? Is Chandelure just going to be a generic projectile spammer or will he have some actual physical aggression? I'm honestly more hype about Chandelure's potential over his inclusion.

One Pokemon I've been waiting the longest for (besides Victini) is Breloom, who I feel is so fitting for a fighting game like this, and after the disappointing reveal that Victini isn't playable, I'm really, REALLY hoping Breloom gets in, because when it comes down to fighting, Breloom is one of the most dirty scrappers if you think about it, and I love fighters like that. He's got a lot of potential and I hope he's considered.
Isn't Chandelure a pure special attacker in the regular games?

I know that doesn't always mean anything, but I wouldn't expect much in terms of being a physical fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom