• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been playing through Mega Man 2 again recently; it's still a ton of fun, if a bit overrated. My personal favorite Mega Man game is X4.

What have all of you been up to?
Personally more of a fan of Mega Man X1 and X2. But X3 and X4 are also pretty good in my opinion. For Classic, Mega Man 3, 6, and 7 are the ones that I really like. Even if I hate that one Wily fight in MM7.

Mega Man 2 is still good. But there's one boss that's just terrible.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Personally more of a fan of Mega Man X1 and X2. But X3 and X4 are also pretty good in my opinion. For Classic, Mega Man 3, 6, and 7 are the ones that I really like. Even if I hate that one Wily fight in MM7.

Mega Man 2 is still good. But there's one boss that's just terrible.
The Mega Man Zero series is pretty great too.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Its not like there are characters in Smash who come from games that deal with more adult themes before. Xenoblade, Metroid, Fire Emblem, even Kid Icarus and Zelda at certain points.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Everyone feels like they don't belong until they are in
see Pacman, Megaman, Cloud, Ryu, Falcon, Snake, Shulk
I'm not sure that's the case with Mega Man and Shulk.

I mean Shulk's not from a terribly popular game(due to how it was released). That said, Shulk's abilities would make for an interesting fighter. And despite being another swordsman, the Monado different enough from them with it changing its range.

Mega Man's a bit different. He's the one third party character that arguably has the most games associated with Nintendo anyhow. If I'm not mistaken, Mega Man was the second most voted character, behind only Sonic in Brawl(but I might be wrong.), so his inclusion in Smash 4 seems like a natural step in the right direction. And Sonic was so popular that Brawl got delayed to add him. So if anything, most people would be happy to see those two.

Didn't think Ryu would get in. Y'know with Mega Man already being a Capcom fighter in Smash, and more popular as a character(among the Nintendo audience at least). But I knew he could transition. I was happy with him playable, but I know not everyone was. In hindsight, having the go-to fighting game guy makes sense. Not to mention how Capcom are known for throwing their characters into so many games. If any other fighting game characters were guests in Smash, It'd have to be by fan vote.

I can't say how people feel about Falcon, since it's kind of hard to keep track of how people felt when Smash 64 came out.

Without Snake, people would be less encouraged to see Non-Nintendo characters in Smash. Regardless of their popularity, in the cases of Sonic, Mega Man and Cloud. I think the three of them might've made it eventually. But if Snake didn't show up, guys requesting Sonic, Mega Man and Cloud would be scoffed at. Hell, I admit I thought that Cloud being in was a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I said it before, but something about Snake and Bayonetta feels like they belong in Playstation Allstars rather than Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know. I said it before, but something about Snake and Bayonetta feels like they belong in Playstation Allstars rather than Smash.
Snake? Yeah, that would make sense. He's primarily known for the Playstation titles. But they only got Raiden. I thought the same of Cloud myself, given how much FF7 did for the PlayStation 1.

Bayonetta on the other hand, well, technically both of her games are on Nintendo systems, with the latter of the two being exclusive to Wii-U.

My only gripe(which is a minor one) with her is that she's fairly new, compared to all the other 3rd party characters. So she sticks out a little more. She feels less..."Iconic". Like, I can't put Bayo on the same personal pedestal as Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud or Sonic. Though I'm probably the only one that thinks this. But she was a fan voted character, I can't have any gripes with fans putting in the work to see the characters they like. It's too much of a good thing not to like. Not to mention she looks fun as hell.

R.I.P Isaac and Wonder Red in Smash 4 though.:ohwell:

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It's because they're more "adult-characters", isn't it?
Frankly, I find this to be a rubbish statement.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's because they're more "adult-characters", isn't it?
Frankly, I find this to be a rubbish statement.
Coincidentally (or not), both were responsible for pushing their respective games to a T rating.

Bayonetta's inclusion make me wonder why did they go so far to keep it E10 rated. :p (Inb4 the cut Tharja trophy is added back in an update.)

:231:

Last edited:

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
New Smash Game Confirmed:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I just beat the Neutral-Pacifist run in Undertale.

I'm not sure how to describe how I'm feeling right now, so I'm just going to say "DETERMINATION" and walk away.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Could you maybe explain why? Bayonetta has both of her games on Nintendo, and Snake has a decent amount too.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Could you maybe explain why? Bayonetta has both of her games on Nintendo, and Snake has a decent amount too.
Well I've never played Bayonetta, the games don't interest me. The same goes for Metal Gear. Maybe it's because they use real guns? Maybe it's because they're too adult? I'm really not sure. I just don't think they belong in Smash, to me they feel out of place. When I look at the Brawl character select screen, Snake just looks ridiculous in there with Mario and Pikachu. He's out of place. I feel like I'll have the same feeling for Bayonetta, but I can't be sure on that yet.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
New Icon boyz, although I'm thinking about addimg shading and some details to it. How'd you guys feel? also, Turnip Top Villy is top tier Villy yes or yes?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well I've never played Bayonetta, the games don't interest me. The same goes for Metal Gear. Maybe it's because they use real guns? Maybe it's because they're too adult? I'm really not sure. I just don't think they belong in Smash, to me they feel out of place. When I look at the Brawl character select screen, Snake just looks ridiculous in there with Mario and Pikachu. He's out of place. I feel like I'll have the same feeling for Bayonetta, but I can't be sure on that yet.
Does Samus, specifically Zero Suit Samus look out of place? She's realistically proportioned and uses realistic looking gun (albeit a stun gun, but it's design is still realistic). Smash Bros is already a bunch of characters who wouldn't fit in each other's world, I just don't see why Snake or Bayonetta would be any different.
I thought we went here to mass prank everybody :yeahboi:
I've never pranked anyone before

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I could list a few upcoming games he could have taken a character from that AREN'T ****ing FIRE EMBLEM lol

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is one that immediately jumps to my mind. Paper Mario would be a great fighter.
reminder that paper jam isn;t a paper mario game.

But to me, if a Paper Mario game comes out before any future ssb is announced, then I would think he has good chances because not only they do have ballot data where I do have reasons to think he would do well (well you can;t prove it, but a lot of signs pointed for him to go well).

Plus, that stage still exist.....

But I don;t think paper jam would have this much influence on him anyway, I mean most of the stuff he does is silly animation and basic attacks that the other games had already.

Like he got a stage and honestly, no one expected that coming so....I wouldn’t be sad that corrin got over him especially considering he was dlc choice, but really, the least that happened is he would have better chances :)

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
reminder that paper jam isn;t a paper mario game.
While it isn't technically the next game in the Paper Mario series, I would still kind of consider it a Paper Mario game. Maybe I'm a stupid.

Does Samus, specifically Zero Suit Samus look out of place? She's realistically proportioned and uses realistic looking gun (albeit a stun gun, but it's design is still realistic). Smash Bros is already a bunch of characters who wouldn't fit in each other's world, I just don't see why Snake or Bayonetta would be any different.

I've never pranked anyone before
Nah, she fits, probably because she's a first party Nintendo character. Also the gun is like a very minor part of her kit, whereas Bayonetta and Snake use guns (and explosives) as almost their whole kit, or at least a big part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
While it isn't technically the next game in the Paper Mario series, I would still kind of consider it a Paper Mario game. Maybe I'm a stupid.
no it;s because you can objectively prove it isn;t a paper mariol game.

Because not only the summary of the game tells it quite clearly, if I do evaluate the entire game as paper mario, it would fail so much that it wouldn’t be fair to see it like that.

The engine, overworld and battle system is m&l. It;s clearly not paper mario which would already be enough.

Like, they made it very clear, it's an m&l game featuring paper mario, not the opposite and not both series 50/50, m&l has a bit more because it is m&l by its core and plays by m&l.

I take time to say it because it;s really not confusing and pretty much every fair (but even weird one) reviews I read clearly says it;s m&l featuring paper mario.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
no it;s because you can objectively prove it isn;t a paper mariol game.

Because not only the summary of the game tells it quite clearly, if I do evaluate the entire game as paper mario, it would fail so much that it wouldn’t be fair to see it like that.

The engine, overworld and battle system is m&l. It;s clearly not paper mario which would already be enough.

Like, they made it very clear, it's an m&l game featuring paper mario, not the opposite and not both series 50/50, m&l has a bit more because it is m&l by its core and plays by m&l.

I take time to say it because it;s really not confusing and pretty much every fair (but even weird one) reviews I read clearly says it;s m&l featuring paper mario.
I'll accept your views because I haven't played the game or looked into it enough to know about it.

D

Deleted member

Aurane Aurane

Adeleine's finished. I added a bunch of shadows and improvements to the overall picture in order to make it stand out from the original. This was pretty fun to make.

And yes, I added FalKoopa FalKoopa 's rainbow border. Thought it'd look nice.
There's a 150x150 version as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aurane Aurane

Adeleine's finished. I added a bunch of shadows and improvements to the overall picture in order to make it stand out from the original. This was pretty fun to make.

And yes, I added FalKoopa FalKoopa 's rainbow border. Thought it'd look nice.
There's a 150x150 version as well.
Oh my goodness, these are beautiful, man. I highly, HIGHLY approve of these, and you have my thanks. I didn't expect the extra detail, but you're definitely right, it helps diverse itself from the original, and it looks damn good too. Well done, friend. And thank you again. :nessmelee:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I apologize if my opinion offends you.
I wasn't trying to be rude to you. It was more directed at the people who use "these characters are too adult!" line as complaints when mentioning Snake or Bayonetta.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh my goodness, these are beautiful, man. I highly, HIGHLY approve of these, and you have my thanks. I didn't expect the extra detail, but you're definitely right, it helps diverse itself from the original, and it looks damn good too. Well done, friend. And thank you again. :nessmelee:
You're welcome. It's literally the same thing I have done to @RamOne's Andy avatar. Staying true to the original while adding a bunch of new things at the same time.

->

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Looks great! @Flight is great at what they do.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Got some drawing done today! =D I need some colored pencils to finish up the process though. Need to stop by walmart to get emmm! xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom