• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I play Smash 4 with friends, and I placed 4th in a local once, but that was basically the height of my Smash 4 career. I like Melee more, and PM is waaaaay more fun than Smash 4 for just casual fun play. I also am competing in my very first Smash 64 tournament this weekend!
yea I play PM over Melee just because of all the character diversity in PM. Literally the only reason I get out of pools is because I'm a total nerd for learning wired match up stuff and people can't jank me out.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
yea I play PM over Melee just because of all the character diversity in PM. Literally the only reason I get out of pools is because I'm a total nerd for learning wired match up stuff and people can't jank me out.
I've never made it out of pools in Melee. I'm thinking about maybe entering PM this weekend at the tournament I'm going to for 64, since they're running all of the games there.

I play Mr. Jank & Watch himself.

EDIT: Or as I prefer to call him, Mr. Fair & Balanced

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You watched the new episode as well?!
When Peridot called Yellow Diamond a clod, I was frozen for a minute. YOU GO PERI! :D
I gotta admit, I was on the edge of my seat, during the last few bits of the episode.
I alsolove the new face that one of the new characters introduced in the episode made. :bee:
And I was just going to come in here and mention it.

That face. Well, looks like this may be one of my new angry faces when I get cheese'd off. Seriously, that's hilarious, even for me.
You go Peridot, calling YD a clod! That's my Birth gem, literally (August Bday).

And yesterday's episode of Peridot singing... so cute!

Speaking of, another thing regarding the episodes.
According to the next episode title that I peeked on at the wiki, perhaps it'll be an episode that's centered around Peridot again? I'm imagining it's about Peridot still being shocked for what she did, and the Crystal Gems, or at least Steven, tries to comfort her somehow or something to cheer her up from her trauma for disobeying YD.
In the end, I think Peridot gains new confidence and is definitely a new Crystal Gem who also likes the Earth, and we know that she wants to stop the Cluster.

But then another question... When will Jasper and Lapis return? Last time I remember, Lapis is still trying to keep Jasper under the ocean, but can't hold on for long.

Seriously, things definitely have gotten intense this week.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
And I was just going to come in here and mention it.

That face. Well, looks like this may be one of my new angry faces when I get cheese'd off. Seriously, that's hilarious, even for me.
You go Peridot, calling YD a clod! That's my Birth gem, literally (August Bday).

And yesterday's episode of Peridot singing... so cute!

Speaking of, another thing regarding the episodes.
According to the next episode title that I peeked on at the wiki, perhaps it'll be an episode that's centered around Peridot again? I'm imagining it's about Peridot still being shocked for what she did, and the Crystal Gems, or at least Steven, tries to comfort her somehow or something to cheer her up from her trauma for disobeying YD.
In the end, I think Peridot gains new confidence and is definitely a new Crystal Gem who also likes the Earth, and we know that she wants to stop the Cluster.

But then another question... When will Jasper and Lapis return? Last time I remember, Lapis is still trying to keep Jasper under the ocean, but can't hold on for long.

Seriously, things definitely have gotten intense this week.
Defintely. Yesterday's episode left me in suspense in what would happen next.
Regarding that question about Jasper and Lapis, there was a leak promo of a future SU episode and it had a certain gem in it. Also, maybe once everyone has watched all the episodes of Stevenbomb 4, I can finally have a avatar of Yellow Diamond's angry face. :awesome:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For those that haven't heard the news, the next Pokken fighter reveal will be on January 15th!

The hint this time is that this Pokemon has ラ in its Japanese name.

Since Swampert has ラ in its Japanese name, and we already have two of the Hoenn starter trio, I'm really hoping Swampert is the reveal for next week (Swampert is my favorite of the Hoenn trio, and one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon overall), although I'd be cool with Luxray as well since it matches up with the hint.

Looks like I'll still have to wait with Gallade though, but man, he was so close to the hint too. Two letters in his Japanese also start with r, those being ル or レ. Oh well.

UPDATE: Below is a list of all Pokemon (minus the pre-evolutions and Pokemon that are already background Pokemon) that have ラ in its Japanese name. All credit goes to Akxareth over in the NintenZone Social Thread for being the original compiler of the list.

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For those that haven't heard the news, the next Pokken fighter reveal will be on January 15th!

Since Swampert has ラ in its Japanese name, and we already have two of the Hoenn starter trio, I'm really hoping Swampert is the reveal for next week (Swampert is my favorite of the Hoenn trio, and one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon overall), although I'd be cool with Luxray as well since it matches up with the hint.

Looks like I'll still have to wait with Gallade though, but man, he was so close to the hint too. Two letters in his Japanese also start with r, those being ル or レ. Oh well.

UPDATE: Below is a list of all Pokemon (minus the pre-evolutions and Pokemon that are already background Pokemon) that have ラ in its Japanese name. All credit goes to Akxareth over in the NintenZone Social Thread for being the original compiler of the list.

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Oh cool! I've been waiting for a new reveal. :)

From that list, my top five most wanted are (from fifth to first) are Hydreigon, Tyrantrum, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Raichu.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
They're hyping it, I still hope for Gallade, but I want to make a wild guess, so I'll say Hydreigon

-----

Figma Link: ALBW finally got formally announced

It looks pretty nice as usual, this boi comes in two editions
Standard: The figure with 2 faceplates, stand, Master Sword, Hylian Shield and a sheet with a wall merged Link
DX or Deluxe: The standard stuff + Tornado Rod, a Bomb, Hookshot, Baby Maimai, a green Rupee and a Pot
Release date is August 2016

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
AAAAAHH, finally. I wanted to hear news about Mint 18. :b:

Oh, and congrats on being interviewed by SourceGaming. It was fun reading your interview. :)

:231:

Btw might as well plug it here because I didn;t talked about it ion this thread :)

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/07/glitch_hunter/

I of course knew this some weeks ago but not only I didn;t wanted to spoil it, I was even told to not talk about it until it would be done (for very obvious reasons).

Basically, since some months, i chat a lot with push so I kinda got friend with him so he did knew about my glitch hunting stuff and he had the idea to make an interview about it because well he wants to expand his site.

The idea is really explaining what is really glitch hunting. If I have to agree on one thing when people learn about the term is how bad it sounds, I mean a glitch isn;t really something that is supposed to happen so saying you HUNT for them......I do agree that it really does sound weird.

But the actual meaning is very straight forward and it's more if I imagine a debugger, you are trying to remove bugs.......except you just think of it backwards. the challenge is you don;t have the code so you figure it out.

Like I am in a discord with all the paper mario speedrunners and honestly, a lot of runners are still asking me stuff like how exactly you find these things? Because a runner doesn't NEED to care about the mechanics and the decisions the dev made to have magic happens, they care more about what it skips, time save and the execution (difficulty, backup strats, how risky it is to fail, etc).

A glitch hunter however, care immensely.

Like a lot of people hear about the runners and how they can do very difficult glitches, but finding them is not only a very unknown world but a vastly different one. I never really invested much in running much games, I only tried for fun.

And this leads to weird situations. Spm is right now in imo the weirdest spot ever because what is happening is (and there;s a reason i keep repeating this), but I am really the only active glitch hunter NOW (it might changes, there;s some people that told me they could do stuff, but for now, it;s really only me). What is happenign is spm is really......dull for speedruns and actually kinda weird, lots of text mashing on a wiimote, a frame perfect trick at the beginning that is a get it or reset and a very annoying near frame perfect jump that has to be done multiple time int he run. basically, it';s extremely unpopular.

But this actually means that there's less people looking into it, look I will be very honest with you.....

I was shocked and disappointed when I got back into the glitch hunting scene a year later and NOTHING changed for spm......which I realised needed very basic tests.

the reasons is history, I used to glitch hunt TTYD with a guy named cerpin, had a lot of good memories, kept talking with him every on TTYD, man these were good times, but more importantly, we were actually the only very active one at the time.

The reason is the interest, there really was only one very notable runner (almo) the sequence was tight and it was seen as impossible to break, really, not one invested much into it.

And admitably, we didn;t found much except bookcase jump by me, a lot of tests were done. Like a crazy amount.

Like, it took a TAS in progress to make a lot of gltiches appear glitches appear and after, because it wasn;t enough, it took one major finding to just have everything going, then after several findings were done, this was when i was away btw.

and right now, it is to the birink of being broken, if freaking palace skip was a thing, it would be broken.

But notice how we went from 2 very active people to several one with 10 times more tests and interests all because the route was actually progressing a lot? that';s like excellent for a game that no one thought could get broken, getting close is a serious feat.

Want to know a more tragic story? pm64, I was there when iateyourpie started running it and god, it is not what it used to be. First, only any% existed until MONTHS and bhs, second, pie actually was a big part in how popular pm64 came because he was a good streamer. But many glitch hunters came and it just got down after.

So, when you come to spm and you see the EXACT same situation happens.......I thought people learned it, but no......

Look if I ever find a major thing in spm, I really hope people would learn, you should NEVER EVER EVER underestimate an untested game. TTYD was near untested and it got into almost broken. Pm64 was....well it was partially untested and it got into this crazy mess today at agdq.

spm is completely untested, it's really not hard to get what is about to happen if effort is put into it.....

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
From that list of pokemon I'd say the most likely to be added are: Tyranitar, Swampert and Lati@s, I didn't put Raichu even though I'd really like him because there are two Pikachu in.

Tyranitar is a very iconic and popular pokemon which is why it would make sense for him to be added. The two other Hoenn starter pokemon, Blazekin and Sceptile, are in the game so Swampert would make sense. I'm not really sure about Lati@s but I just kind of feel that they would fit, they are both popular pokemon as well. I sort of feel like Darkrai has a chance but in comparison to the other ones I mentioned I feel like he has a much smaller chance.

To be honest because I pretty much love all of the pokemon I honestly don't mind which ones are added xD it makes me happy either way

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
From that list of pokemon I'd say the most likely to be added are: Tyranitar, Swampert and Lati@s, I didn't put Raichu even though I'd really like him because there are two Pikachu in.

Tyranitar is a very iconic and popular pokemon which is why it would make sense for him to be added. The two other Hoenn starter pokemon, Blazekin and Sceptile, are in the game so Swampert would make sense. I'm not really sure about Lati@s but I just kind of feel that they would fit, they are both popular pokemon as well. I sort of feel like Darkrai has a chance but in comparison to the other ones I mentioned I feel like he has a much smaller chance.
Tyrantrum is also a pretty easy choice to make, seeing as how it's both A) A completely different design from everything else in Pokken and B) one of the most popular Gen 6 'mons of all. Popularity is a big part of this game, it seems; and the closest thing to Kalos representation we have is Mega Evolutions as finishing moves with some background characters. And since Tyrantrum isn't a background character...there's still that chance for it.

I'd say the most likely choices here are Tyranitar, Swampert and Tyrantrum. The Latis would work as assists or background Pokemon, honestly. Most of the playable Pokemon in Pokken have four limbs; two arms, two legs. Machamp has four arms and two legs, but he's the exception to the norm. The Latis are quite the opposite; they only have two limbs to work with, so they're harder to use properly. Tyrantrum has a lot more wiggle room with the legs, head, arms and tail all being viable as offensive implements in physical combat. Swampert and Tyranitar are also pretty viable as choices, too.

It can't be a character like Ratticate, no matter what; that 'Mon is simply nowhere near popular enough to warrant use in Pokken.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Mfw both Drapion and Ryranitar are only background pokemon.

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
Tyrantrum is also a pretty easy choice to make, seeing as how it's both A) A completely different design from everything else in Pokken and B) one of the most popular Gen 6 'mons of all. Popularity is a big part of this game, it seems; and the closest thing to Kalos representation we have is Mega Evolutions as finishing moves with some background characters. And since Tyrantrum isn't a background character...there's still that chance for it.

I'd say the most likely choices here are Tyranitar, Swampert and Tyrantrum. The Latis would work as assists or background Pokemon, honestly. Most of the playable Pokemon in Pokken have four limbs; two arms, two legs. Machamp has four arms and two legs, but he's the exception to the norm. The Latis are quite the opposite; they only have two limbs to work with, so they're harder to use properly. Tyrantrum has a lot more wiggle room with the legs, head, arms and tail all being viable as offensive implements in physical combat. Swampert and Tyranitar are also pretty viable as choices, too.

It can't be a character like Ratticate, no matter what; that 'Mon is simply nowhere near popular enough to warrant use in Pokken.
Yeah I could definitely see the Lati twins being non playable but even still I don't think I'll count them out just yet.

I never really thought of Tyrantrum as a hugely popular mon. He also seems a bit too bulky and with those tiny little t-rex arms I just struggle to see him as a playable character, though I guess they could do some cool things if they made use of his Tail and Jaws.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I never really thought of Tyrantrum as a hugely popular mon. He also seems a bit too bulky and with those tiny little t-rex arms I just struggle to see him as a playable character, though I guess they could do some cool things if they made use of his Tail and Jaws.
He's absolutely one of the most popular of the Gen 6 'mons, as far as I've been able to tell. The only Kalos-born Pokemon that seem to rival him in sheer popularity is Greninja and Yveltal. As for proportions, he's not really any more bulky than Charizard and Machamp, honestly.

And with jaws that can rip through thick metal plates like paper, I doubt one really needs large arms to grapple things with when you can just use said metal-rending jaws as grappling implements. :p

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
He's absolutely one of the most popular of the Gen 6 'mons, as far as I've been able to tell. The only Kalos-born Pokemon that seem to rival him in sheer popularity is Greninja and Yveltal. As for proportions, he's not really any more bulky than Charizard and Machamp, honestly.

And with jaws that can rip through thick metal plates like paper, I doubt one really needs large arms to grapple things with when you can just use said metal-rending jaws as grappling implements. :p
That being said there aren't really too many new pokemon from Kalos. I'd say the most popular are Sylveon, Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha. Perhaps Pangoro, Aegislash, Diggersby and Noivern too.

Tyrantrum would be an interesting addition if he got in, I think he could do a lot of cool things if they made use of his tail and jaws but he'd definitely be very slow. Possibly the Ganondorf of Pokken lol.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Also, on the topic of Pokken, why aren't there any playable Eevee-lutions?!? Seems like a total no-brainer.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It would probably force them into a situation where they can't put just one, they need to put a chunk of them and with the limited roster size the dev team doesn't want to do that.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
l

Btw might as well plug it here because I didn;t talked about it ion this thread :)

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/07/glitch_hunter/

I of course knew this some weeks ago but not only I didn;t wanted to spoil it, I was even told to not talk about it until it would be done (for very obvious reasons).

Basically, since some months, i chat a lot with push so I kinda got friend with him so he did knew about my glitch hunting stuff and he had the idea to make an interview about it because well he wants to expand his site.

The idea is really explaining what is really glitch hunting. If I have to agree on one thing when people learn about the term is how bad it sounds, I mean a glitch isn;t really something that is supposed to happen so saying you HUNT for them......I do agree that it really does sound weird.

But the actual meaning is very straight forward and it's more if I imagine a debugger, you are trying to remove bugs.......except you just think of it backwards. the challenge is you don;t have the code so you figure it out.

Like I am in a discord with all the paper mario speedrunners and honestly, a lot of runners are still asking me stuff like how exactly you find these things? Because a runner doesn't NEED to care about the mechanics and the decisions the dev made to have magic happens, they care more about what it skips, time save and the execution (difficulty, backup strats, how risky it is to fail, etc).

A glitch hunter however, care immensely.

Like a lot of people hear about the runners and how they can do very difficult glitches, but finding them is not only a very unknown world but a vastly different one. I never really invested much in running much games, I only tried for fun.

And this leads to weird situations. Spm is right now in imo the weirdest spot ever because what is happening is (and there;s a reason i keep repeating this), but I am really the only active glitch hunter NOW (it might changes, there;s some people that told me they could do stuff, but for now, it;s really only me). What is happenign is spm is really......dull for speedruns and actually kinda weird, lots of text mashing on a wiimote, a frame perfect trick at the beginning that is a get it or reset and a very annoying near frame perfect jump that has to be done multiple time int he run. basically, it';s extremely unpopular.

But this actually means that there's less people looking into it, look I will be very honest with you.....

I was shocked and disappointed when I got back into the glitch hunting scene a year later and NOTHING changed for spm......which I realised needed very basic tests.

the reasons is history, I used to glitch hunt TTYD with a guy named cerpin, had a lot of good memories, kept talking with him every on TTYD, man these were good times, but more importantly, we were actually the only very active one at the time.

The reason is the interest, there really was only one very notable runner (almo) the sequence was tight and it was seen as impossible to break, really, not one invested much into it.

And admitably, we didn;t found much except bookcase jump by me, a lot of tests were done. Like a crazy amount.

Like, it took a TAS in progress to make a lot of gltiches appear glitches appear and after, because it wasn;t enough, it took one major finding to just have everything going, then after several findings were done, this was when i was away btw.

and right now, it is to the birink of being broken, if freaking palace skip was a thing, it would be broken.

But notice how we went from 2 very active people to several one with 10 times more tests and interests all because the route was actually progressing a lot? that';s like excellent for a game that no one thought could get broken, getting close is a serious feat.

Want to know a more tragic story? pm64, I was there when iateyourpie started running it and god, it is not what it used to be. First, only any% existed until MONTHS and bhs, second, pie actually was a big part in how popular pm64 came because he was a good streamer. But many glitch hunters came and it just got down after.

So, when you come to spm and you see the EXACT same situation happens.......I thought people learned it, but no......

Look if I ever find a major thing in spm, I really hope people would learn, you should NEVER EVER EVER underestimate an untested game. TTYD was near untested and it got into almost broken. Pm64 was....well it was partially untested and it got into this crazy mess today at agdq.

spm is completely untested, it's really not hard to get what is about to happen if effort is put into it.....
Is that so?
I think SPM might have some things that are still unfounded. Though I'm not at all knowledgeable in the Glitch-hunting process, I feel like the 2D to 3D mechanic has potential.
Also, nice job getting interviewed by SG, that's pretty cool.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
So I made a thing with GIMP, it's my Best Worst Dream Roster Ever

Also SMBZ Episode 1 is amazing. 9 to 10 years can make a huge difference in movie-making skill.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So I made a thing with GIMP, it's my Best Worst Dream Roster Ever

Also SMBZ Episode 1 is amazing. 9 to 10 years can make a huge difference in movie-making skill.
>No Wonder Red
0/10, it su- *Sees JonTron* 11/10 It's perfect.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So the new Pokken character has that in its name?
Does anybody know which Pokemon it could possibly be then?
Like, which Pokemon have that in their name?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the new Pokken character has that in its name?
Does anybody know which Pokemon it could possibly be then?
Like, which Pokemon have that in their name?
Here you go.

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here you go.

'
Thanks.

Aw man, lotsa good pokemon. The Hitmons I know people have wanted.
JYNX IS THERE.
Latios and Latias are two of my personal favorites.
I almost want Raikou, because Raikou always gets the short end of the stick.
*GASP* Vanilluxe!
YES. VANILLUXE, NOW.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just saw the SMBZ video. Wow, I regret not being a fan of SMBZ earlier. The animation and the story was amazing.

The scene where Luigi stands in defence (you know which one I'm talking about) really got me. The music that was playing in that scene didn't help matters.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
l

Is that so?
I think SPM might have some things that are still unfounded. Though I'm not at all knowledgeable in the Glitch-hunting process, I feel like the 2D to 3D mechanic has potential.
Also, nice job getting interviewed by SG, that's pretty cool.
thanks and let me tell you why it is clearly happening, this will be a long list:
  • The first experience I had with spm glitch hunting was when malleo (taser, he tased paper mario stuff) asked me to try to find the RNG address. This honestly, was a pain in the patoot and it took me 5 hours, this was last April which I do honestly consider recent and slightly questionable to why it wasn't done before. (also, this point will be important later because I posted these findings on the tasvideos forum and a guy edited the page to add them).
  • After, this is when my laptop died and I switched to a desktop pc, but I wasn;t sure if I would go back to spm, because I just had communications problems with the people there.....until they actually linked me a discord.....idk why no one linked me to a group before, but they lost me for a year because of that, anyway when I got into the discord, I did some TTYD test before exploring what happened to spm and this is when I changed to spm.
  • This is when the shock happened, I learned from a guy that not much has been done on spm, no one ever touched a ramsearch except malleo for a brief time. And to make everything worse, this guy linked me a document about tasnotes he made. It had some interesting info about the number of frames some animations takes which I will admit is very useful, but on the same doc I notice......hey! my offset table I made last April! turns out he wasn;t even aware it was me, he thought it was the guy who edited the tas page. This means and I am not joking, I did more work in a week then what the others did in 6 months.......this is ridiculous.
  • In 2-3 weeks, I found 2 clip, this one
    and this one
    and yes, they are useless, but we now know 2 mechanics that we can try to break because of these. In TTYD, finding clips like these took me forever just to find newer one. The fact it didn't took this long is a concern.....
  • Malleo also asked me back in April to find info on the drop rates of enemies, but I didn;t had the knowledge to do so, now I did and a month ago (thanks to the luck of @Jdaster64 ) a table containing the enemies data were found and with me programming a java thing, it turned into this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19x-hYSGjF2-TsDkWCzAGyCQ3HGxRUZIAtV63om4hnsU/edit?usp=sharing So we now have VERY basic info to route the game, but you do have to wonder why it wasn;t done before.
  • This one frankly, idk, but I was the only one to test the 2d/3d mode in depth and made theories about it, seriously this one is essential.
Like, i am not lying, if I had to rate the work, it would be 95% me and 5% of tests that aren;t me. it;s that underrated and sadly, the only person that seems to relate to this philosophy is cerpin because he lived it with me.

Oh and if you ask about the flipping, let me explain what I know, but it is slightly technical.

Basically, in 2d mode you can only move in one pane. However, because the 3d mode allows you to move between pane, the 2d mode has a feature that I call snapping. NORMALLY, in 2d mode, your Z coordinate (forward and back position in the map) is locked because you can;t move there. However, depending on the map, there might be situation where your Z will be snapped to a spot just like that. For example, go to the Inn in flipside or flopside, both works and go near a wall in the house in 3d, then flip to 2d and flip back to 3d, you are now in the center of the room and you never was there when you flipped to 2d. The 2d mode snapped you there and other maps, they don;t snap you.

As for how the 2d mode can even work, hitbox expansions, the objects are set to have their hitbox expanded and take the entire pane. Notice that I just said the pane so this is why you can hit the saveblock in flipside on his pane, but not on the pane next to it.

In fact, I found a hack to have the map rendered in 3d in 2d mode what that does is you still move like in 2d, but the snapping doesn;t happen and every pane that the map can load is loaded so this could happen:

So yeah, this is how the magic of flipping between dimensions happens, changes the movement, changes the render mode which provides features like snapping and hitbox expansion :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On the topic of the Pokken character reveal on the 15th, my most wanted is definitely Raichu, my electric babe, but his reveal would be a good thing and bad thing to me. On the bright side, Raichu would finally be getting some real respect after years of total nothingness (XY stat boosts aside, because it was only given to him cause pikachu was buffed), and in my opinion, as evolution of the mascot and a popular Pokemon himself, he deserves some spotlight.

That being said, I feel his reveal would show too much catering to the 1st generation, which I disprove of immensely because while nostalgia is nice, Gamefreak has been overdosing 1st generation love for awhile now, and should give the other generations a chance to shine. 2nd generation has one representative, and the fifth and sixth generations don't even have any playable Pokemon (No. Pikachu Libre does NOT count as a sixth generation Pokemon).

If Raichu is revealed, I will definitely welcome him with open arms, but if that happens, I strongly hope he's the last 1st generation reveal, and that the rest of the reveals are for the generations with the least amount of playable Pokemon. Especially the sixth generation- considering it's our CURRENT generation.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I kinda hope we get Blastoise as our last Kanto pokémon. Due to know.. there being a lack of water starters and defensive characters.
Oh and it kinda bugs me that Hoenn has 2 starter pokémon playable.

I'd really love it if Emboar gets in. But I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom