• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
least there was 4.0
I really dunno what happened here
I guess people moved on
I wasnt active when this thread started
Ehhhh it's mostly the more strict rules. I personally dont mind the since I dont really stray from the rules, but I guess others didn't really feel the same. aww T _T

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Were older threads really that bad?
I've been across multiple Socials threads, especially this forum's versions. Yes, yes they were. Like, sweet mercy, they were bad. There were tons of temp bans and a huge amount of picture spam. The meme-posting was beyond ridiculous.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Well, personally I thought they were fun that way, but rules are to be followed. They were bad in the sense that people broke many rules, but in the aspect of fun, It was a awesomesauce time even though I didn't participate that much C=

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was reading an old Official Nintendo Magazine from México (August 2013 to be precise) and an article talked about the first newcomers of Smash 4; in one square they said "how about Bayonetta? she's a charismatic unique character that would fit in Smash too, right?"

Revista Club Nintendo called it bois!!

EDIT: Took a photo of the magazine page
20160106_223450-2.jpg

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair, the definition of what was bad has changed.

- Brief History Lesson -
Earlier, one-off meme posts were allowed, and even we got in on the fun at times. :p Thing is, the overall activity was quite low (a bit more than the current activity), so it wasn't too much of a problem. Later on the thread's activity exploded - the thread was moving at more than 800 posts/day (more than 10 times the current activity), and by the time Hylian stepped in, it was at some 1350 posts/day. The thread immediately lost a lot of steam in the following weeks, and then everyone sudden got Premium and moved to the Disco Room, where there are no rules against madness.

:231:

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, the definition of what was bad has changed.

- Brief History Lesson -
Earlier, one-off meme posts were allowed, and even we got in on the fun at times. :p Thing is, the overall activity was quite low (a bit more than the current activity), so it wasn't too much of a problem. Later on the thread's activity exploded - the thread was moving at more than 800 posts/day (more than 10 times the current activity), and by the time Hylian stepped in, it was at some 1350 posts/day. The thread immediately lost a lot of steam in the following weeks, and then everyone sudden got Premium and moved to the Disco Room, where there are no rules against madness.

1350 posts a day?! That is crazy to imagine. I have noticed this thread can be kind of slow at times. I mean, if it wasn't for the long discussion about Corrin, this thread might have been a lot slower.

I guess people just moved to the premium forum and left this one behind?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1350 posts a day?! That is crazy to imagine. I have noticed this thread can be kind of slow at times. I mean, if it wasn't for the long discussion about Corrin, this thread might have been a lot slower.

Yeah, the thread has been struggling even since everyone moved there.

It's telling when we reached 1080 pages in just over a month, while rest 747 pages were filled over a period of more than 4 months.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Yes... and now you can go to said Premium forum :p

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Current goal(s):

Register for Smash N' Splash 2.

Be prepared for Smash N' Splash 2 (Preparation involves forming a habit of hitting up Smash Ladder more frequently and going to GGA every other Sunday for Sm4sh).

Have myself lookin' like a stallion once Smash N' Splash 2 rolls around.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Oh, -Mercy -Mercy is premium?

The latest victim of the Bluening, eh? :p

I didn't expect this to happen out of nowhere, especially since I am still so new here. But thank you to the person who did this for me!

I'll have to go check out this premium forum.

And I can alsp change my name now, right? I might do that..

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Why? You use a Norwegian/Danis ø in there :D Even though it's used wrong, I kinda like it :p
I think I'll switch my name after some time, since there was one other I wanted to use. It won't have the ø however

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
I wonder... How do you use that letter? Do you use the num codes or do you have a Scandinavian keyboard? Sorry if I'm nosey, I love finding people that use Æ,Ø or Å :D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder... How do you use that letter? Do you use the num codes or do you have a Scandinavian keyboard? Sorry if I'm nosey, I love finding people that use Æ,Ø or Å :D
The US international keyboard usually does the trick (on Linux)

Like - FælKøøpå.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
As unexciting as it might be, mobile keyboards work wonders.

You just hold down the letter key and all of it's variations pop up, so it makes it a lot easier.

Mēłøđý

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Ahh of course. It's a thing that annoy me though. It makes it harder for me to explain the letters to people as Æ, Ø and Å is not variations of E, O and A but own letters placed after Z in the Alphabeth :p

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Ahh of course. It's a thing that annoy me though. It makes it harder for me to explain the letters to people as Æ, Ø and Å is not variations of E, O and A but own letters placed after Z in the Alphabeth :p
Oh I know that. It just makes it easier since obviously ø looks like o so it makes sense to have it there.

But it can be misleading of course

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just beat the Neutral-Pacifist run in Undertale.

I'm not sure how to describe how I'm feeling right now, so I'm just going to say "DETERMINATION" and walk away.
My sister have just finish the True Pacifist ending yesterday.

And now, like me, she is obsessed with Undertale.

AND ANOTHER PERSON IN THE GREAT UNDERTALE FANBASE THAT HAVE CRY ON THE END!!!

UNDERTALE IN A NUTSHELL!!!
nye__by_winzein-d9l0rnk.gif

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Hello people I decided to switch my Melee main from Jiggs to Peach
EDIT: Oh wait I forgot this is a Smash 4 thread

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm sticking with Mewtwo and Ness. Mewtwo's my favorite, but I'm probably better with Ness. Not sure if I should add Villager to the list as I seem to consistently win free-for-alls against my co-workers with 2 or 3 stocks left in 3 stock matches...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I just watched the new Steven Universe, and now I'm like--

I really wanted to distance myself from the show, because the SU fandom is like a radioactive landfill that's constantly on fire, but... I love this show....

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I really wanted to distance myself from the show, because the SU fandom is like a radioactive landfill that's constantly on fire, but... I love this show....
Then just ignore the cancerous fanbase and enjoy the show. Annoying fans shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of certain forms of entertainment.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I just watched the new Steven Universe, and now I'm like--

You watched the new episode as well?!
When Peridot called Yellow Diamond a clod, I was frozen for a minute. YOU GO PERI! :D
I gotta admit, I was on the edge of my seat, during the last few bits of the episode.
I also love the new face that one of the new characters introduced in the episode made. :bee:

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
You watched the new episode as well?!
When Peridot called Yellow Diamond a clod, I was frozen for a minute. YOU GO PERI! :D
I gotta admit, I was on the edge of my seat, during the last few bits of the episode.
I alsolove the new face that one of the new characters introduced in the episode made. :bee:
Yes, Peridot is officially my favorite fictional character from anything ever. :chuckle:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry I post here (occasionally) and I only play PM outside of random SmUsh FFA's with friends
I play Smash 4 with friends, and I placed 4th in a local once, but that was basically the height of my Smash 4 career. I like Melee more, and PM is waaaaay more fun than Smash 4 for just casual fun play. I also am competing in my very first Smash 64 tournament this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom