• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'd probably be happier about the hacking breakthrough if it weren't for the fact that Nintendo can practically brick peoples' consoles now by shutting down any NNIDs they catch.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Sakurai is already working on his next project.
Thread worthy?

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/japanese-creators-share-2016-ambitions-weekly-famitsu

Sora’s Masahiro Sakurai (Super Smash Bros., Kid Icarus, etc.)

I want to enjoy every day like it’s Sunday. However, that doesn’t mean the next job hasn’t been decided.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/01/japanese-creators-share-2016-ambitions-weekly-famitsu#BkjQhSIuigcPhvLW.99
I feel like Sakurai is the type of person who says that all they want is to retire, but secretly they can't stand sitting around and not working on something.​

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm calling it right now that Sakurai is going to revive another old Nintendo IP.

Particularly any of those that appeared in Captain Rainbow.

:231:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm calling it right now that Sakurai is going to revive another old Nintendo IP.

Panel de Pon please. For 3rd party but Nintendo exclusives, Quest 64(I'd like to see how it would be remade. Even if it's not to my liking, more attention for the franchise is cool).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh I am basically emotionless. lol
Being chill and emotionless are different though. Just saying. :p

Panel de Pon please. For 3rd party but Nintendo exclusives, Quest 64(I'd like to see how it would be remade. Even if it's not to my liking, more attention for the franchise is cool).
I would like Panel de Pon to be revived in some way too. With the rather rather large market for puzzle games, Nintendo shouldn't let this pass.

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate

What do you class as an old IP? I mean you could even say that games like F-Zero and Earthbound are starting to fit that role. Though I imagine you mean games like Ice Climber and Duck Hunt.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Its happening. The hacking has begun.

Also here's a list of things Nintendo should do,
1. Give Waluigi his own game
2. Give Wolf his own game
3. Make Wolf playable in Mario sports, kart, and party games
#Put Wolf in the Mario sports, Kart, and party games
4. Bring back Krool
5. Make a Metroid game with a sized down Ridley
6. Make a new Metroid Prime
7. Make a new Eternal Darkness game
8. Make a new F-Zero game
9. Make a new Wave Racer game
10. Make a new 1080 game
you forgot make a paper luigi :)

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Pretty sure this "hacking" isn't that cool as everyone says it is, as all boss characters just show up as mario when actually playing

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What do you class as an old IP? I mean you could even say that games like F-Zero and Earthbound are starting to fit that role. Though I imagine you mean games like Ice Climber and Duck Hunt.
Anything that hasn't been visited in the last 10 years, so any game that didn't make it into the Wii/DS era basically.

Though wouldn't include Earthbound as the series has been concluded rather than left.

Last edited:

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
Anything that hasn't been visited in the last 10 years, so any game that didn't make it into the Wii/DS era basically.

Though wouldn't include Earthbound as the series has been concluded rather than left.

I'd be happy if an old IP was revived, I know that there are people out there that would be really happy if certain titles were given a new lease of life and that's all that matters.

On the topic of games that we'd like to see I'm personally hoping for Diamond and Pearl remakes (even though I'm like the only person in the world that likes diamond and pearl </3) and perhaps a new paper mario game, the crossover doesn't really appeal to me too much but if not an entirely brand new game perhaps a remake of Thousand Year Door would be nice -^ - ^-

As for Earthbound, It's very unlikely that there will ever be a new instalment but I've always thought remakes of the triology would be nice and finally please those who want Mother 3 to be released outside of Japan. Super duper unlikely but gotta dream!

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
oh god adgq has been going at kh for 2.5 hours and they're not done yet
They have a 3h20m estimate for it, and there's been longer runs on agdq before. Paper Mario and FFIV have longer estimates too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, that 2D/3D discussion was long lol

I prefer stuff like 2.756D to have a more wide perspective while keeping the classic style in a minimalist way
πD when I want to enjoy a circular experience
1.77D is when my mood is more than flat
K3D is ideal for players that want to clobber dat Kirby
but my favorite is always the 24D

What am I doing?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Being chill and emotionless are different though. Just saying. :p

I would like Panel de Pon to be revived in some way too. With the rather rather large market for puzzle games, Nintendo shouldn't let this pass.

I'm chill... AND emotionless.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

No, if there's any game series he should and would most likely work on is Joy Mech fight. Though Advance Wars, Eternal Darkness, Geist, Wave Racer, 1080 snowboarding, and Gumshoe would also be cool.

I highly doubt he'd do it, but if he made a good Star Wolf spin off game, I'd be really happy.
Pretty sure this "hacking" isn't that cool as everyone says it is, as all boss characters just show up as mario when actually playing
Its in the early stages.
you forgot make a paper luigi :)
No there should be a game about the bad*** Mr. L.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
They have a 3h20m estimate for it, and there's been longer runs on agdq before. Paper Mario and FFIV have longer estimates too.
.......wonder if the eta is accurate for pm64.

.....not sure, all cards tbh is either faster or on par with the kh run that just happened.

EDIT: you actually lied, it's 3:15 for the ETA which seems reasonable tbh.

I honestly might have doubts on these eta, there;s a tww run that was submitted with a really bad eta and it got accepted.

Btw, I just hope I can find enough on spm to have it run in agdq :)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I'd personally prefer a sequel to Kirby 64 so we can see some dope renders of Adeline and Ribbon. :V

Ironically, I talked about my desire for a sequel a couple days ago. Now all that's left is for the stars to alline, and I will of predicted another Kirby game. :laugh:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hate this decade with a burning passion. I can't remember a single time in the past seven years that I could really say that I was happy.

And I'm not getting my hopes up for the next one.

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
I would instantly buy an Ice Climber revival. Seeing what he did with Kid Icarus, it would be so amazing to see what a new Ice Climber game could be!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today I watched the Herbie: Fully Loaded movie and I remembered the blasphemic amount of wrong in it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If they remade it and added the things they planned but dropped to get it out before Ocarina of Time that'd be more than cool to m

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool of sakurai made a metroid game or a fzero adventure game or went back to Kirby. If he went back to Kid Icarus fair enough I would hope it would be a console game not portable. I love uprising but I would appreciate playing a game like that on my TV

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think it would be cool of sakurai made a metroid game or a fzero adventure game or went back to Kirby. If he went back to Kid Icarus fair enough I would hope it would be a console game not portable. I love uprising but I would appreciate playing a game like that on my TV
If he made a new F-Zero we'd totally get a second character in Smash 5.

Black Shadow anyone?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here are my top 5 Best and Worst reveal trailers. These are for newcomers only.
First off the Top 5 Worst reveal trailers,

By default this reveal comes in at number 5. The trailer starts off really well, featuring everyone going up against Charizard. Suddenly we see a shadow of someone that appears to be Mewtwo. However its Greninja. This was the first trailer that kind of teased us. Really the only reason this is even on the list is because there weren't that many bad reveals.

Again like Greninja this is mainly on here due to lack of bad reveal trailers. The main thing that puts this on the list is that it is the final character reveal. As a final character reveal this isn't very good. If this reveal wasn't the final reveal trailer, it wouldn't even be on this list at all.

While his reveal was really cool, it came out weeks after the game released, and we already knew about him. If this had been revealed earlier it wouldn't be on the list.

Like Bowser jr. This reveal was shown after the game released. Though we didn't know it at the time, this was the last full CGI newcomer reveal trailer. As a final reveal it isn't that good. If it wasn't the last reveal trailer for the base roster, and was shown before the game released (not in a Nintendo Direct that aired a month after the game's release) this wouldn't be on the list.

We waited a month for the smash direct, we saw the opening, then we saw... Fire Emblem Fates cutscenes. Everyone around the world face palmed. Not only was it a horrible way to open the direct, but it was also the worst character reveal. When it first showed, many fans were upset, thus making it the worst and only bad reveal trailer.

Now for the Top 5 best reveal trailers

The very first reveal. This was part of the first smash trailer and was a good first impression.

A highly requested character. His reveal was amazing and hilarious.

While they may not have been one of the greatest character additions (you can't play as them online) You can't deny that the Miis had a pretty cool reveal trailer. nothing gets you hyped for a character like watching Reggie and Iwata duke it out in real life.

A highly requested character, who when revealed made everyone freak out and get excited for the game when it was first revealed.

Ironic how its a Fire Emblem character that has both first in best and worst character reveals. This reveal started off with Lucina fighting Captain Falcon. This reveal came out of nowhere and confirmed 2 new characters and a fan favorite veteran.

Have a different list? Disagree with some of the picks? Like and comment...Wait this isn't a youtube video. Make your own if you have a different opinion.
If he made a new F-Zero we'd totally get a second character in Smash 5.

Black Shadow anyone?
That's the thing, whatever game Sakurai works on next, that's what series is going to be overepped in the next smash, unless Sakurai doesn't work on the next smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

By default this reveal comes in at number 5. The trailer starts off really well, featuring everyone going up against Charizard. Suddenly we see a shadow of someone that appears to be Mewtwo. However its Greninja. This was the first trailer that kind of teased us. Really the only reason this is even on the list is because there weren't that many bad reveals.

Again like Greninja this is mainly on here due to lack of bad reveal trailers. The main thing that puts this on the list is that it is the final character reveal. As a final character reveal this isn't very good. If this reveal wasn't the final reveal trailer, it wouldn't even be on this list at all.

While his reveal was really cool, it came out weeks after the game released, and we already knew about him. If this had been revealed earlier it wouldn't be on the list.

Like Bowser jr. This reveal was shown after the game released. Though we didn't know it at the time, this was the last full CGI newcomer reveal trailer. As a final reveal it isn't that good. If it wasn't the last reveal trailer for the base roster, and was shown before the game released (not in a Nintendo Direct that aired a month after the game's release) this wouldn't be on the list.

We waited a month for the smash direct, we saw the opening, then we saw... Fire Emblem Fates cutscenes. Everyone around the world face palmed. Not only was it a horrible way to open the direct, but it was also the worst character reveal. When it first showed, many fans were upset, thus making it the worst and only bad reveal trailer.

The very first reveal. This was part of the first smash trailer and was a good first impression.

While they may not have been one of the greatest character additions (you can't play as them online) You can't deny that the Miis had a pretty cool reveal trailer. nothing gets you hyped for a character like watching Reggie and Iwata duke it out in real life.

A highly requested character, who when revealed made everyone freak out and get excited for the game when it was first revealed.

Ironic how its a Fire Emblem character that has both first in best and worst character reveals. This reveal started off with Lucina fighting Captain Falcon. This reveal came out of nowhere and confirmed 2 new characters and a fan favorite veteran.

Have a different list? Disagree with some of the picks? Like and comment...Wait this isn't a youtube video. Make your own if you have a different opinion.

That's the thing, whatever game Sakurai works on next, that's what series is going to be overepped in the next smash, unless Sakurai doesn't work on the next smash.
Hell naw Corrin was mad hype. The only way that reveal would be more hype is if it were Azura instead of Corrin.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
These are my top 5 worst character exclusions of Smash 4.
/

While the reasons for their absences are pretty clear, the roster just feels empty without the Ice Climbers. Its also sad that Konami's downward spiral kept Snake out.

While they were fairly new and while them not making it in this time wouldn't be that bad, Corrin's inclusion changed everything. They would have been a much better choice than Corrin and were inkredably popular.

/ a Metroid character other than Samus
Seriously why is it so hard to add a Metroid character. This exclusion was pretty bad, if Ridley couldn't get in, then why not a different Metroid character?

The most requested newcomer world wide, yet he was shafted. He's been requested for 4 straight games now. Why can't this Kroc get in the game?

Easily the worst exclusion of smash 4. This one makes no sense at all and has no good reason at all. A character that has everything going for him, but doesn't get in. These kinds of exclusions are the worst, now it seems like Wolf is the "Mewtwo" of smash 4.
They should add lots of Fire Emblem NPC as playable characters

Great there goes my dinner and my keyboard.:glare:

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

My top 5 best and worst?

Worst:
5.Little Mac's -it just didn't appeal to me. Not sure why, I just wasn't super hyped for him.

4.Bowser Jr's -Really cool trailer, too bad we already knew he was in the game.

3.Bayonetta's-Got me kind of salty she was the ballot winner

2.Duck Hunt- An okay trailer, too bad we already knew they were playable

1..Greninja's-Intentionally making me think Mewtwo's playable and then giving me a Pokemon that really didn't deserve the slot, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur's deconfirmation really mad me salty.

Best
5.Mii Fighters- Seeing Reggie and Iwata fight it out and the reveal of the amiibos really did it for me in this trailer. If I was a supporter of the Mii at the time, this would probably be higher on the list.

4.Rosalina's- After several months of no newcomer, Rosalina's got me super hyped especially since it marked the beginning of a bunch of reveal trailers. That and Rosalina was my most wanted Mario character too.

3.Corrin's- I love Fire Emblem, and I'm super hyped for Fates, the only thing I really wish is that it was Aqua/Azura who was playable, but Corrin's still incredibly unique, so I'm content.

2. Palutena's- Seeing an anime style of Smash Bros. plus my 3rd most wanted newcomer being revealed playable and Dark Pit discussion was super enjoyable.

1.Lucina and Robin's- It revealed 3 awesome characters, one which is my current main.It also marked the end of the reign of the Gematsu leak, which for the most part, was treated as a God. As an active Chrom detractor (nothing against him, I just wanted Robin, Lucina, and Roy more.) the trailer proved my predictions, and Chrom did become a Final Smash, which I was happy to see.

Honorable mention to the Wii Fit Trainer's, who was the character I was hyped to see at Smash 4's first E3. Megaman and Villager, while cool, weren't enough to hype me up for the newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer was.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice

Well see the thing about that is that people's negative responses to Corrin are just wrong. I saw so many live reaction videis and people were like "what the **** Sakurai", "this is stupid!!" blah blah blah.

I do agree that FE has maybe too many characters, which is why I feel Roy shouldn't have been brought back. Funny how he was so heavily requested and hyped when leaked, yet he is the one who is almost a total clone of Marth. Yet when Corrin is revealed, and is nothing like Marth at all, everyone loses their minds just because he wasn't who they really wanted. And how many people were annoyed by Cloud's reveal despite him being "another sword character"? Not many. Then look at Corrin who is far from another sword character, much like Robin, and people lose their **** about his like two sword attacks.

His trailed was great, his inclusion is great.

Hell naw Corrin was mad hype. The only way that reveal would be more hype is if it were Azura instead of Corrin.
I agree with this, however. Azura would have been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom