• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Its still pretty awful. All 3 of the prequels are some of the worst movies ever made.
You must not watch a lot of movies then. The prequels were cheesy but to claim that they were the "worst movies ever made" is pretty bold.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Happy New Year, social!

I beat you to it though. It's been the new year officially here in Japan for 12 hours. You guys in the west are :079:s.

I spent reigning in the new year by watching the last 40 minutes of Force Awakens with my wife.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's great to see the thread not burning in flames whenever I get back from one of my absences.

Really though, where the hell did 2015 go?

It feels like just yesterday Rayman got leaked as Smash DLC, those fake Roy and Ryu leaks were made (nobody fell for those pieces of garbage; clearly fake), and K. Rool inevitably won the Smash ballot as we all knew was going to happen, while Bayonetta got a cute little Mii costume for her fans.

Happy New Year everyone!

Can't wait for more Smash DLC to be announced.

:crying:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Wowzers, just witnessed the most insane comeback in mario party 8 hehe. My big sis in a tag team with our 7 year old cousin. Our 7 year old cousin actually managed to beat my lil sis in a mini game and stole 2 stars, securing the win after the all but 2 turns being filled with terrible luck. Such a heartbreaking moment for the losing team haha.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that it is finally 2016 from where I live in, I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year! May 2016 bring you all the fun to make you smile!

For me, I'm already excited because Pokemon's 20th anniversary has officially begun! So much is going to be happening with Pokemon this year as well: Pokken Tournament for the WiiU, Pokemon Go, and perhaps most important of all, Pokemon Z, or whatever the next main series of Pokemon games are going to be!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I still got thirty minutes!

My 2015 was... something. Nothing really bad happened to me, but nothing really good either. I guess I feel a bit frustrated and stuck.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
It's a few minutes from 2016, and I am really tired right now.

Why did I stay up this late

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Happy New Year to everyone in the Social Thread! :D
明けましておめでとう!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Happy new year to all of my fellow Smashers! Another year of smashing and other random nonsense awaits.

Bark.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
You must not watch a lot of movies then. The prequels were cheesy but to claim that they were the "worst movies ever made" is pretty bold.
Actually I watch a ton of movies. I would consider myself a film buff.

My opinion on the prequels mostly comes from the fact that they're supposed to be continuations of one of the most classic movie franchises of all time. Star Wars is has arguably had a bigger impact on pop culture than anything ever, and the best they can muster up is 2 terrible movies and an awful one.

Its also got some terrible acting, terrible writing, terrible characters, terrible use of special effects, overuse of those special effects, terrible cinematography, terrible direction, completely craps on Star Wars lore and a countless other problems. All 3 of them were almost entirely made on a greenscreen so George Lucas could comfortably sit in his directing chair without having to move a muscle. It feels like the only thing on his mind was how much money he was gonna make on merchandising.

Its not even like the prequels are enjoyable just because of how laughably bad they are, they're just flat out not entertaining. Maybe I am overexaggerating how bad they are, especially since some people do seem to like Revenge of the Sith, but it is absolutely maddening how much they didn't care when it came to making those movies.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can now contribute to the New Year. Out with evil 2015, and in with 2016!

And I made a few snapshots to celebrate it!

Hopefully Metroid will get love this year, especially since this year will mark the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

For Kid Icarus, yes please. It also will have its 30th anniversary around this year.

The one I didn't want to make (mostly because of popularity), but I was jolly enough to do it. Zelda's 30th anniversary will be in this year too.

Some of you knew I couldn't give up on :4pit:x:4zss: so easily. Since both franchises shared the same producer back in 1986 (Gunpei Yokoi), I made this more special. Here's to hoping that not only the ship gets a bit more love this year, but both franchises overall as well.

In the end, Happy New Year!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I can now contribute to the New Year. Out with evil 2015, and in with 2016!

And I made a few snapshots to celebrate it!

Hopefully Metroid will get love this year, especially since this year will mark the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

For Kid Icarus, yes please. It also will have its 30th anniversary around this year.

The one I didn't want to make (mostly because of popularity), but I was jolly enough to do it. Zelda's 30th anniversary will be in this year too.

Some of you knew I couldn't give up on :4pit:x:4zss: so easily. Since both franchises shared the same producer back in 1986 (Gunpei Yokoi), I made this more special. Here's to hoping that not only the ship gets a bit more love this year, but both franchises overall as well.

In the end, Happy New Year!
You forgot Pokémon's 20th. ;(
But as usual I love your screenshots. And Happy New Year to you too! I hope this year will be better for you.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I learnt (on Twitter) that @SmashCapps is planning to retire as a SmashBoards writer soon. I'm sad to see him go, personally.

I haven't talked to him a whole lot but he was always a nice and in fact posted here semi-frequently in 5.0.

We'll miss you. :(

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I learnt (on Twitter) that @SmashCapps is planning to retire as a SmashBoards writer soon. I'm sad to see him go, personally.

I haven't talked to him a whole lot but he was always a nice and in fact posted here semi-frequently in 5.0.

We'll miss you. :(
Article here.

Sad to see him go. Once he joined the team the Smashboards news got a lot more comprehensive.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like Spla2n is totally gonna happen 2017. Hopefully our inklings get ported over with it.

I'd like like atleast 1 new weapon class and new tentacle styles for both genders, and maybe playable octoling.

Also a pants store run by a great white shark.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want more Super Smash Flash 2 info!
Me too!

The most likely time we'll hear info on the game is at APEX this month. McLeodGaming hasn't announced they are going there yet but since they've been there every year in the past I don't see why not.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Me too!

The most likely time we'll hear info on the game is at APEX this month. McLeodGaming hasn't announced they are going there yet but since they've been there every year in the past I don't see why not.
Hopefully they reveal some interesting characters this time, and not just Bowser, Luigi or Mr. Game and Watch kind of character.

I want someone like Simon Belmont or Slime or Snake!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I feel like Spla2n is totally gonna happen 2017. Hopefully our inklings get ported over with it.

I'd like like atleast 1 new weapon class and new tentacle styles for both genders, and maybe playable octoling.

Also a pants store run by a great white shark.
The thing is that the way Splatoon's content is released makes a sequel difficult. We already got 2 new weapon classes from updates, and tentacle styles and playable Octoling are small cosmetic additions.

A sequel would need a seriously big draw, and a pants store run by a great white shark (as amazing as that sounds) isn't going to cut it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The thing is that the way Splatoon's content is released makes a sequel difficult. We already got 2 new weapon classes from updates, and tentacle styles and playable Octoling are small cosmetic additions.

A sequel would need a seriously big draw, and a pants store run by a great white shark (as amazing as that sounds) isn't going to cut it.
Pretty sure everyone who owns Splatoon would buy the sequel regardless

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hopefully they reveal some interesting characters this time, and not just Bowser, Luigi or Mr. Game and Watch kind of character.

I want someone like Simon Belmont or Slime or Snake!
Aww, I was really happy to see Luigi and Bowser announced. :p

I haven't really kept up with it since the ballot though.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom