• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Say, can an equaliser substitute for a dac? I've seen adjusting that can reduce the crackling in the external speakers.

:231:
.....idk what you mean by equaliser, but maybe my explanation on the dac effect might answer your question.

See, a pc has lots of stuff that happens because......well, a cpu.....does a lot :)

So say you ahve a motherboard and in the motherboard, there's stuff to process audio. There's a dac and an amp for your headphones. The audio on onboard recently are actually.....pretty decent! You actually wouldn;t really NEED a sound card because of this tbh, unless you badly want surround sound, but yeah, usualyl, you woudln;t need a sound card these days unless you want one.

But the problem is what if the traffic that happens inside the pc disturb your poor audio chips?

That can happen and I actually lived it when i had my laptop and a particular usb port occupied, the movement of my mouse affected the sound of a very annoying high pitch noise. I don;t have the laptop anymore, but that;s an example I lived where there was probably too much interference, my audio chips weren;t happy, I wasn;t happy and it was sad :(

The point of a dac is number one: have more features if needed (potentially better than onbaord but like I said.....onbaord are decent these days) and second, to move the complete audio processing OUTSIDE of the pc. If you plug a dac, you bypass your onbaord audio ENTIRELY which removes any possible interferences you mgith get.

However......you can still have a problem if you want to power your headphones, it might not be amplified enough so you might need an amp, but usually, headphones are low impedence (32 ohms or lower) so you might be fine without one.

So, you move your audio processing out of your pc so your audio is happy you are happy and it;s happy :)

Now, you can buy a combo I saw a product called the euh..... (don;t sensor on that one, i swear, google it, the company is called like that) it is called the Fulla from Schitt audio (serious, they really called themselves Schitt, I am not joking, go on google, it;s true). Anyway, the Fulla is an usb dac AND amp.

So yeah if you plug your speaker to your pc and you hear weird noises, get a dac.....might solve problems :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
.....idk what you mean by equaliser, but maybe my explanation on the dac effect might answer your question.

See, a pc has lots of stuff that happens because......well, a cpu.....does a lot :)

So say you ahve a motherboard and in the motherboard, there's stuff to process audio. There's a dac and an amp for your headphones. The audio on onboard recently are actually.....pretty decent! You actually wouldn;t really NEED a sound card because of this tbh, unless you badly want surround sound, but yeah, usualyl, you woudln;t need a sound card these days unless you want one.

But the problem is what if the traffic that happens inside the pc disturb your poor audio chips?

That can happen and I actually lived it when i had my laptop and a particular usb port occupied, the movement of my mouse affected the sound of a very annoying high pitch noise. I don;t have the laptop anymore, but that;s an example I lived where there was probably too much interference, my audio chips weren;t happy, I wasn;t happy and it was sad :(

The point of a dac is number one: have more features if needed (potentially better than onbaord but like I said.....onbaord are decent these days) and second, to move the complete audio processing OUTSIDE of the pc. If you plug a dac, you bypass your onbaord audio ENTIRELY which removes any possible interferences you mgith get.

However......you can still have a problem if you want to power your headphones, it might not be amplified enough so you might need an amp, but usually, headphones are low impedence (32 ohms or lower) so you might be fine without one.

So, you move your audio processing out of your pc so your audio is happy you are happy and it;s happy :)

Now, you can buy a combo I saw a product called the euh..... (don;t sensor on that one, i swear, google it, the company is called like that) it is called the Fulla from Schitt audio (serious, they really called themselves Schitt, I am not joking, go on google, it;s true). Anyway, the Fulla is an usb dac AND amp.

So yeah if you plug your speaker to your pc and you hear weird noises, get a dac.....might solve problems :)
You know, this one.
eq.png

The equaliser that comes with every music app.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You know, this one.
View attachment 90213

The equaliser that comes with every music app.

.......that's something different.

That;s to JUST adjust the volume of frequency relative to others. it helps to fake different sound signatures.

if you have to use an equaliser to get rid of undesired noise, it;s a big problem.....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
.......that's something different.

That;s to JUST adjust the volume of frequency relative to others. it helps to fake different sound signatures.

if you have to use an equaliser to get rid of undesired noise, it;s a big problem.....
Do you know the Preamp thing on the left is?

I don't actually use it for reducing noise, but I increased the 'Preamp' and the noise became rather noticeable. So I was just curious if it can reduce noise by setting it low. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I don't actually use it for reducing noise, but I increased the 'Preamp' and the noise became rather noticeable. So I was just curious if it can reduce noise by setting it low. :p

I read the preamp is just preparing just for amplification so my guess is touching this touches everything.

AKA, you really shoudln't need that. if it;s flat and it sounds off, it;s bad.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

software preamps are always garbage. setting it lower will probably help but it'll make everything quieter.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
When will a tier list release
:4corrin: and :4bayonetta: have to be released as well as the final patch.

Even so, it would be need to see tournament results and analyze the meta game of all characters, which can take months.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
Yesterday I decided to start watching them... chronologically.
And I just finished The Revenge of the Sith... and man... I'm starting to understand why SW is so big in pop culture. :v
I've read that the prequels aren't that good compared to the first trilogy so I guess i'm gonna be amazed even more now.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Instead of making a thread, which would soon be pointless and locked, I figured I'd ask here; what are some of your favorite moments to have occurred for you throughout the year Smash wise? What are your goals moving into next year? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Instead of making a thread, which would soon be pointless and locked, I figured I'd ask here; what are some of your favorite moments to have occurred for you throughout the year Smash wise? What are your goals moving into next year? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
My favorite moment was going to my first tournament. It was really fun despite i got destroyed but i picked up Melee in March so i was still new and i met Professor Pro! (Best UK Melee player) and next year i am going to go to more tournaments and get good at the game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One of my most favorite moments of the year goes to Cloud's reveal. In my opinion, he was and is the best revealed character (next to Lucario) in Smash Bros. history, and I doubt he'll be topped by any other reveal in the next game.

Unless it's Quote, 'cause if that happens, I'll probably die of hype before I even get to play him. :4villager:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Favorite Smash moment this year would either be Mewtwo's release after not being in Brawl, beating Classic Mode on 9.0 for the Wii U without losing a life as Mewtwo with no equipment on, or the buffs he received in the latest patch.

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Happy New Year from England!

:drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::dr^_^:

Edit: I realized I got the time wrong...

Then have it two hours early!

Last edited:

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
Just a couple more hours of work then off to the crazy party. I just wish I didn't have to be up early tomorrow.

I am super hungry.

Happy New Year to those already in 2016!

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Just a couple more hours of work then off to the crazy party. I just wish I didn't have to be up early tomorrow.

I am super hungry.

Happy New Year to those already in 2016!
Make sure to eat lotsa yummy foooods! Foods are precious! :015:

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
Yesterday I decided to start watching them... chronologically.
And I just finished The Revenge of the Sith... and man... I'm starting to understand why SW is so big in pop culture. :v
I've read that the prequels aren't that good compared to the first trilogy so I guess i'm gonna be amazed even more now.
That's awesome. I'm going to tell you though don't believe what the media writes about the Prequels. I like all 7 movies but the Prequels are my favorite. They tell a better story to me. The media likes to make prequel hate articles because it gets views.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Revenge of the Sith is the only decent prequel. The former two were plagued with poor writing and cheesy humor. The Clone Wars spinoffs really made me appreciate the story in the prequels more.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Revenge of the Sith is the only decent prequel. The former two were plagued with poor writing and cheesy humor. The Clone Wars spinoffs really made me appreciate the story in the prequels more.
I remember Clone Wars being good but then again I was a child and I havent watched any of the prequels since they came out.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
well, at least this thread is up and running still. thats always good.
happy new years, smash 4 social.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I gifted my friend Bad Rats on Steam, and in return, he gifted it to me

I guess I got what I deserved

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
It's still 2015 where I live... `~`
Regardless, a happy New Year to you all!

Also, I have to agree with Stranger on this one. The prequels were filled with awful acting, poor storytelling, and an overabundance of CGI.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE YOU <3
*insert Yoshi GIF here*

D

Deleted member

Leap years are one of my many kryptonites. The two most recent ones (2008 and 2012) did not go well on my end, so I like to think the same will happen with this forthcoming year. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I'll see what happens.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Leap years are one of my many kryptonites. The two most recent ones (2008 and 2012) did not go well on my end, so I like to think the same will happen with this forthcoming year. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I'll see what happens.
Superstitions like this are self fulfilling prophesies.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
New Revenge of the Sith is the only decent prequel. The former two were plagued with poor writing and cheesy humor. The Clone Wars spinoffs really made me appreciate the story in the prequels more.
Its still pretty awful. All 3 of the prequels are some of the worst movies ever made.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
About half an hour and it'll be New Years where I'm at. I'll probably play some Smash a bit later though.

Its still pretty awful. All 3 of the prequels are some of the worst movies ever made.
Could be worse. Could have been the Last Airbender or that other awful movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom