• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm with you, Fal. Collecting trophies is one of my favorite things to do in the Smash series.
And you quoted the wrong post. :p

I like to read the trophy descriptions. And this time they're rife with puns and all. :laugh:

:231:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I, myself, have an unusual urge to see all those trophy cases filled. Which is odd, since I'm not much of a completionist. But it sure does look nifty when everyone's together.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra I assume Sailor Mars is your favourite sailor scout?
You're right :denzel:

... People are seemingly inactive today, I wonder what they could possibly be doing. Maybe they are all out watching Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Im doing a jumbo post for the Toy Thread
That Alvin movie is going get nominated by the academy, Im calling it

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
... People are seemingly inactive today, I wonder what they could possibly be doing. Maybe they are all out watching Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Eh. The movies got old after the first one was released. Nothing but pop culture references and fart jokes.
Let's pray for Star Wars which is currently suffering a beating at the box office by Alvin's film.
Wait what? Are you serious? I'm not a Star Wars fanboy, but I think that movie has a better chance than Alvin and the Chipmunks Number 904.

Last edited:

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
There are few things I hate more than those asinine chipmunk movies...

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I've been a bit interested to see The Good Dinosaur after seeing some of the trailers, but I heard it's not that good of a film. What do you guys think? Any of you seen it already? :secretkpop:

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh. The movies got old after the first one was released. Nothing but pop culture references and fart jokes.
Those movies got old before the first one was released. I would rather watch another Smurfs movie to be quite honest with you. I used to enjoy Alvin as a child and I was not fond of the Smurfs, but Jesus (hey Seuss) the transition to live-action was more detrimental to Alvin than Scooby Doo.

Well, partly because the first Scooby Doo was fun in a (criminally) guilty pleasure sort of way. Nothing excuses the repugnant sequel though.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've been a bit interested to see The Good Dinosaur after seeing some of the trailers, but I heard it's not that good of a film. What do you guys think? Any of you seen it already? :secretkpop:
It's a decent film but it isn't up to Pixar's usual standards of unique stories and interesting characters.

A lot of the secondary characters Arlo and Spot meet are one-off characters. It's good but don't expect a Toy Story or Inside Out-quality film.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Those movies got old before the first one was released. I would rather watch another Smurfs movie to be quite honest with you. I used to enjoy Alvin as a child and I was not fond of the Smurfs, but Jesus (hey Seuss) the transition to live-action was more detrimental to Alvin than Scooby Doo.

Well, partly because the first Scooby Doo was fun in a (criminally) guilty pleasure sort of way. Nothing excuses the repugnant sequel though.
Wasn't there a sequel made for the Smurfs? I forgot what the plot was, but I remember there being a evil version of Smurfette in it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have seen the Good Dinosaur; at first, I did not want to... At all. I was sort of deterred from the reviews and what people were saying about it (such as intrusive southern accents); however, once I watched it for myself I was pleasantly surprised. If you are a Pixar **** rider that believes that they can do not evil and they capture "movie magic" with every IP they attempt (except for Cars 2 and Brave) you will probably not enjoy the film. I will say that the demographic for this movie is much younger than what Pixar usually attempts and therefore that resulted in less interest among the older movie going audience. Especially after Inside Out which was predominately well received by the aforementioned older audience. If you want another great, critically recieved animated movie. This is not it. If you want a fun family adventure, I can guarantee you that this is it. The plot is a little convoluted and certain events happen solely to progress the story. I can forgive it because they established the relationship between Spot and Arlo perfectly well. Trust me, prior to viewing the film, I had already hated both of them and the trailers did nothing to convince me otherwise and thought that Pixar was going to try too hard. I found it (their relationship) to be very subtle and progressive. I did not like the ending or this weird scene where it transitioned into a Western for a short duration; other than that, the animation was beautiful and the journey felt genuine. There were some great memorable moments and it truly differentiates itself from similar tales such as Finding Nemo (the premises are on par with each other). It made it among my top ten Pixar films, but I am not a huge Pixar fan. It became my sister's favorite Pixar film, but she severely dislikes Pixar.

Tl;dr: This is a departure from typical Pixar and I was okay with that unlike most.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
It's a decent film but it isn't up to Pixar's usual standards of unique stories and interesting characters.

A lot of the secondary characters Arlo and Spot meet are one-off characters. It's good but don't expect a Toy Story or Inside Out-quality film.
I remember there were reviews saying how the cartoony characters against a super realistic background seemed a bit off. I think I saw one review saying Arlo looked like a green jelly bean monster. :laugh:
But hey, the animation doesn't matter. It's the story and if you say it's okay then I guess it won't hurt to watch the film. :)
I have seen the Good Dinosaur; at first, I did not want to... At all. I was sort of deterred from the reviews and what people were saying about it (such as intrusive southern accents); however, once I watched it for myself I was pleasantly surprised. If you are a Pixar **** rider that believes that they can do not evil and they capture "movie magic" with every IP they attempt (except for Cars 2 and Brave) you will probably not enjoy the film. I will say that the demographic for this movie is much younger than what Pixar usually attempts and therefore that resulted in less interest among the older movie going audience. Especially after Inside Out which was predominately well received by the aforementioned older audience. If you want another great, critically recieved animated movie. This is not it. If you want a fun family adventure, I can guarantee you that this is it. The plot is a little convoluted and certain events happen solely to progress the story. I can forgive it because they established the relationship between Spot and Arlo perfectly well. Trust me, prior to viewing the film, I had already hated both of them and the trailers did nothing to convince me otherwise and thought that Pixar was going to try too hard. I found it (their relationship) to be very subtle and progressive. I did not like the ending or this weird scene where it transitioned into a Western for a short duration; other than that, the animation was beautiful and the journey felt genuine. There were some great memorable moments and it truly differentiates itself from similar tales such as Finding Nemo (the premises are on par with each other). It made it among my top ten Pixar films, but I am not a huge Pixar fan. It became my sister's favorite Pixar film, but she severely dislikes Pixar.

Tl;dr: This is a departure from typical Pixar and I was okay with that unlike most.
Yeah, I'm not a Pixar lover, but the trailers intrigued me a bit. If it's medicore then I can bear with it. I watched all of the Bayformers movie (thanks dad) so I think I can deal with something that is not up to standard. :)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I remember there were reviews saying how the cartoony characters against a super realistic background seemed a bit off. I think I saw one review saying Arlo looked like a green jelly bean monster. :laugh:
But hey, the animation doesn't matter. It's the story and if you say it's okay then I guess it won't hurt to watch the film. :)
I'm in the minority that enjoyed the cartoony characters contrasting with a photo-realistic environment. The designs are one of the best things about the film. In addition, there is a scene with expired berries that is a bit surreal even though Inside Out used a similar drastic change in art-style with "Abstract Thought". I thought the scene was hilarious when I first saw it.

Is it my favorite? No, it had potential but more development into the pacing and plot details could have used work. I do however, think that its actually a decent film that will unfortunately go the way of A Bug's Life and be forgotten since it's not a "Pixar masterpiece".

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869

Huh. Think I will go see it then.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
OHHHHH GOODNESS GOLLY GEE
OHHHHH DOO DOO DARN IT
UOOHHHHHHH
THE FED
YELLEN
ACTUALLY RAISED RATES
WOAAHHHH
WHAT'S GONNA HAPPENNNN
IS QE4 COMING????
LOTS OF LAYOFFS ARE COMING????
BIGGER RECESSION COMING????
PETER SCHIFF SAVE US
SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL
BUY GOLD BUY SILVER BUY PALLADIUM BUY PLATINUM

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I liked the live action Scooby Doo movies....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As did I, I even liked their straight to DVD reboot attempt to be perfectly honest with you. I do not believe that they are great movies though. At least I had some fun with them.
I thought they were great. They were supposed to make a third straight to dvd one but then cancelled it and that bummed me out.

Also it wasn't a reboot it was the theatrical films Mystery Inc's origin story. lol

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought they were great. They were supposed to make a third straight to dvd one but then cancelled it and that bummed me out.

Also it wasn't a reboot it was the theatrical films Mystery Inc's origin story. lol
If it did not have Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar, it was a reboot! :crying:

Or at least that is how I feel from my point of view. :awesome:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If it did not have Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar, it was a reboot! :crying:

Or at least that is how I feel from my point of view. :awesome:
Well it'd be hard to beleive if they kept them to portray the characters in their juniour high school versions lol

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That Scooby Doo movie with Freddie Prinze Jr. was originally intended to be more adult-oriented, or as the guy who plays Shaggy puts it:

'It was after the heat of SHREK and the studio was all for a above the kids head line of comedy... they brought in James Gunn (SUPER? SLITHER? He's the best ever, love him) and he delivered that version of the script. Yes to all the things you think it is. Smokey van. Velma eyeballing Daphne. Fred being gay because of the ascot. When we tested the parents flipped their lids and Warners got scarred. Its' one of the crown jewels in their library and couldn't risk a back lash.
also the demons were really scarry... they were softened.
'

Morbi

Scavenger
Well it'd be hard to beleive if they kept them to portray the characters in their juniour high school versions lol
Oh, out of all of the things that go down, not only in the Scooby Doo universe, but that specific series of films... THAT would have been hard to believe?! Whatever, Freddie will always be Freddy to me.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, out of all of the things that go down, not only in the Scooby Doo universe, but that specific series of films... THAT would have been hard to believe?! Whatever, Freddie will always be Freddy to me.
Does someone have a crush on Freddie Prinze Jr? :4pacman:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Other than my usual distracted activity, today I have been labbing to see what lucario's newly increased weight and speed does for him!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Scooby-Doo movie talk?
Personaly, i really enjoyed the first 2 movie. Sure, there is problem in it but i still liked how the character and the story was. Also, in the two movies, there is like my favourite body swap and gender bender of all time. So obligatory 9,5/10.:4dk:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When Cloud meteors you so hard that you don't tech and the physics mess up with you.
Well, that's the explanation I found to this:

I still haven't downloaded him... cri

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Sad no SMRPG music got in Midgar, Square Enix must have been tough to work with. I'll never know how Sakurai could have convinced them to let the Geno costume in.

I've been listening to some of the battle themes every now and then instead of the two songs that play on it, haha.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sad no SMRPG music got in Midgar, Square Enix must have been tough to work with. I'll never know how Sakurai could have convinced them to let the Geno costume in.

I've been listening to some of the battle themes every now and then instead of the two songs that play on it, haha.
Wait, where do you're avatar come from? Is that a model make with Geno Mii Costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom