• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

Yes, you also learn how to read (sheet) music and basically they give you a ton of musical terms (syncopation or dissonance) that you use in your description of the music. Also, you briefly discuss the history of music and some biographical components of composers.
My professor focused a lot on the historical aspect of it.

But I forgot, you reminded me that we also learned to read music. And we learned how to conduct music. With those fancy stick things.

Gamingpro208

Smash Lord
The place.... Of.... Idfk Smash? Fek this s***
NNID
Gamingpro208
3DS FC
1032-1699-8546
Yes, you also learn how to read (sheet) music and basically they give you a ton of musical terms (syncopation or dissonance) that you use in your description of the music. Also, you briefly discuss the history of music and some biographical components of composers.
Does the class do Music Theory? Meaning stuff like Time Signatures and Major and Minor Scales and such?? Just curious

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
well its not that, its just rather there's a bunch of other characters i prefer that just happen to be dudes i guess.
Fair enough. For me personally, a lot of times, the females character were just weaklings who would always make a fist in front of their hearts and just stand there while the main character did all the work. Thankfully, a lot of newer shows have changed that.
i tend to not support any characters myself
That was a good decision. It saved you a lot of trouble, lol. I'm actually fine with any (reasonable) character getting in, but I put in this extra work for Spyro since I felt that a lot of people would simply overlook him. Most people still do, but I think I've managed to make at least a slight difference in a few cases, which is good enough for me. :grin:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
i think i've only seen you mention your art stuff once.
I just don't like rubbing my art in people's faces all the time. I end up feeling obnoxious, although I should be putting more effort in selling myself as an artist online. Smashboards isn't an art market though, so I don't really bother here.

Morbi

Scavenger
Does the class do Music Theory? Meaning stuff like Time Signatures and Major and Minor Scales and such?? Just curious
You touch on aspects of Music Theory; however, at least at my college, there is a dedicated Music Theory class. So I suppose it depends on what your school offers. My school offered very little in regard to music as a subject, so Music Appreciation was a amalgamation of a lot of different music classes.

Miracle's description is probably more accurate. My class did not focus on the history of music, it was just an element. But that is undoubtedly what the class is supposed to entail. Art appreciation is the same way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Music appreciation and art appreciation... I though art was supposed to be incomprehensible.

I guess I'll leave for now (and play Umineko). I can't add anything to the topic. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Music appreciation and art appreciation... I though art was supposed to be incomprehensible.

I guess I'll leave for now (and play Umineko). I can't add anything to the topic. :p
Nah, art is subjective. Different art is comprehensible to different people for different reasons. Different.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
My depression is getting worse... I want to be alone...

I am going to work on the Melee Marth guide. I will share it with you for feedback during writing.

T

Trick or Treat

Now you sound like Flight.

But Umineko is a good choice. I haven't even had time to finish episode 7. Luckily I have already finished the series in the past but still.

I miss @Powerstar9 :(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nah, art is subjective. Different art is comprehensible to different people for different reasons. Different.
I dunno. I can't really write an article about a picture... besides vague comments such as liking the facial expression, or the colours used.

But Umineko is a good choice. I haven't even had time to finish episode 7. Luckily I have already finished the series in the past but still.

Like Flight? But I didn't say anything about being bored. :p

I miss him too. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I dunno. I can't really write an article about a picture... besides vague comments such as liking the facial expression, or the colours used.

Like Flight? But I didn't anything about being bored. :p

In that case, maybe art appreciation is the class for you! Once you are finished, you will learn the art (pardon the ill advised pun) of bull****. No longer will you make ambigious comments about the facial expressions or colors used. Instead, you will be able to discern aspects of art that even the artist did not intend to put into the piece. Wonderful!

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
This makes me want to play Toon Link:

*Street Fighter 4 announcer voice*
WOW, I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMBO THAT INTENSE!

Seriously though, rad play.

Oh don't worry, Sonic Dream's Collection has you covered.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I miss him too. :(
My depression is getting worse... I want to be alone...

I am going to work on the Melee Marth guide. I will share it with you for feedback during writing.
You should listen relaxing/cool music. Like this one.
But don't chuckle however!:4roy:

T

Trick or Treat

A few of my amiibo cards are villagers I have never even seen before. And I have played all 4 games for a long time.

Like Flight? But I didn't anything about being bored. :p

No but he always comments about how he can't add anything to the current conversation :p

Powerstar is gone?... Drat, he is. That sucks. :(
I'm surprised I have even been on these past days. But due to the...circumstances, I have had extra time...

But now because of those same circumstances I likely won't be on here much at all anymore. I need some time to sort everything out.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I miss him too. :(

You should listen relaxing/cool music. Like this one.
But don't chuckle however!:4roy:
I always like this one instead... It sounds much more relaxing.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Morbi

Scavenger
*Street Fighter 4 announcer voice*
WOW, I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMBO THAT INTENSE!

Seriously though, rad play.

Oh don't worry, Sonic Dream's Collection has you covered.
Seriously, the Street Fighter announcer? Do you even play fighting games, bro? You need to use the Killer Instinct announcer's voice and scream "Ultra" for approximately ten seconds.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I always like this one instead... It sounds much more relaxing.

This one is more relaxing i have to admit. Also, here another relaxing song. But...in a different way i will say.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
guess i'll finally switch it up a bit avatar wise.

>no pumpkin hill
Now that I actually take a second to think about it, I've had this ULiL avatar on for a while now.
Maybe I should switch it soon.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

>no pumpkin hill
That song is also cool... Also very mysterious.

This one is more relaxing i have to admit. Also, here another relaxing song. But...in a different way i will say.
Hmm... It sounds like a Christmas and creepy doll song.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

But you know, instead of being last time and making a post saying I will never be here again, all I cam say is that after today I will see you guys when I see you. Life happens, real hard, and I will basically just be on whenever I'm on.

In other words, random times. Maybe a day apart, maybe weeks or months. Even I don't know.

>no pumpkin hill
As long as you know who that character is, we can still be friends.

I say this because she is one of my favorite characters ever.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Although I love art, I can't draw to save my life. :teeth:

As far as music goes, I actually have a whole drumset and I can play the drums fairly well. It's been a long time since I have played them, though...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The newer seasons are pretty bad.

Yeah, I am happy to welcome any character really.
The newer seasons are alright, they just have repeated storylines thrown out as well as well as characters doing something that is definitely not like them. I am liking some of the newer characters like Grace and Zig, but they gotta step their game up with it and everything

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
But you know, instead of being last time and making a post saying I will never be here again, all I cam say is that after today I will see you guys when I see you. Life happens, real hard, and I will basically just be on whenever I'm on.

In other words, random times. Maybe a day apart, maybe weeks or months. Even I don't know.

As long as you know who that character is, we can still be friends.

I say this because she is one of my favorite characters ever.
of courseeee. she's awesome.
ive been watching this recently with some people so why not :drshrug:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That song is also cool... Also very mysterious.

Hmm... It sounds like a Christmas and creepy doll song.
Hum really? Well here a happy song for you!

T

Trick or Treat

The newer seasons are alright, they just have repeated storylines thrown out as well as well as characters doing something that is definitely not like them. I am liking some of the newer characters like Grace and Zig, but they gotta step their game up with it and everything
What I dislike about the past 3 or 4 seasons is how separate the storylines and characters all feel. It feels more like episodic, separated stories that barely intertwine with each other sometimes.

With the first 10 seasons, there were obviously separate stories, but the show actually felt like one big community as a whole. Am I making sense?

Grace is amazing though. She is the saving grace of the newer seasons.

of courseeee. she's awesome.
ive been watching this recently with some people so why not :drshrug:
Okay, good. Friendship saved. :D

How far are you?

Morbi

Scavenger
Although I love art, I can't draw to save my life. :teeth:

As far as music goes, I actually have a whole drumset and I can play the drums fairly well. It's been a long time since I have played them, though...
I love art and I can draw to save my life. It is not particularly pretty, but I won an art contest in High School. My Polar Bear was dope as ****.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
What I dislike about the past 3 or 4 seasons is how separate the storylines and characters all feel. It feels more like episodic, separated stories that barely intertwine with each other sometimes.

With the first 10 seasons, there were obviously separate stories, but the show actually felt like one big community as a whole. Am I making sense?

Grace is amazing though. She is the saving grace of the newer seasons.

Okay, good. Friendship saved. :D

How far are you?
not very far lol, i joined around the second season so i was going back watching the first.
the characters are all awesome :4pacman:

what was funny is that when they started fighting, nobody had explained the plot to me or anything at the time so i was just like "WHEN DID THIS BECOME ACTIONY"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom