• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Good evening everyone.
evening cyn.

Makes me feel bad for liking it seeing how I am a fan of both..
Nothing wrong with liking it! You're free to enjoy anything you wish as long as it doesn't harm others.

But again, I can't share the hype with you :( Game just feels weird for fans of the older games.

I really want to have a deep discussion about the game though, differing viewpoints are fun.

We're going meta and talking about the social thread again. Also, bananas.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I feel like they ruined FE and this is coming from a person who has not completed even one game yet.
You should try to play the GBA games to get a sense of what we are talking about. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
I mean, it's kind of an interesting replay mechanic, but the game feels less and less the consequences of war, and more Look at my super cool super awesome MMO character that can beat up everyone with their super sword because they're amazing.

Is anyone from Hoshido interesing?
1st Gen: I'm going to go with Ryouma, the 3 Ninjas (esp. Kagerou and Saizou), Nishiki, and Oboro.
2nd Gen: Shinonome is easily my favorite and the Not!Awakening kids actually are interesting from what I hear. Though, I'm biased to like Grey/Not!Gaius for reasons...[munches on confections]

D

Deleted member

I really want to have a deep discussion about the game though, differing viewpoints are fun.
I've always wanted to thoroughly debate Rebellion with someone. Only problem is I've never met anyone who shares a differing opinion :/

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Camilla is oddly a pretty well written character (minus the fangasm for Kamui and "bewbs"). She's more interesting than Hinoka.
Funny how everyone's focusing more on the extra side bits of the heavily strategic gameplay.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't know. I think the issue with it is that it doesn't really feel like a crossover.
Sure, there SMT (though granted it's more Persona), and there's FE, but it's not really the two going hand and hand. It's kinda like if they were stuck in a blender with some elements removed, and some anime tropes thrown in for funsies.
Though that's just how I think of it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Funny how everyone's focusing more on the extra side bits of the heavily strategic gameplay.
It's been happening ever since they added supports to FE. It's part of the reason why I really enjoy the sidestories in the GBA games.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
You should try to play the GBA games to get a sense of what we are talking about. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

1st Gen: I'm going to go with Ryouma, the 3 Ninjas (esp. Kagerou and Saizou), Nishiki, and Oboro.
2nd Gen: Shinonome is easily my favorite and the Not!Awakening kids actually are interesting from what I hear. Though, I'm biased to like Grey/Not!Gaius for reasons...[munches on confections]
I already have the original GBA game on VC and i like it so far.

Bad, but good in a way.....I had a really good cry today and I felt better afterwards.
Whatever the case... Me and Marth hopes you get better... :marthmelee:

Some life things happened again but i will PM that.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
It's been happening ever since they added supports to FE. It's part of the reason why I really enjoy the sidestories in the GBA games.
I'm not against that, it's when people decry an entire game as a failure, or unworthy of purchase, when a bit of the game has something they don't like. Strikes me as a rather petty mindset.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
They might be extra side bits, but the fact is they are pretty new for the series and they'll stand out, that's why we keep talking about it, haha.

Eh, I don't know. I think the issue with it is that it doesn't really feel like a crossover.
Sure, there SMT (though granted it's more Persona), and there's FE, but it's not really the two going hand and hand. It's kinda like if they were stuck in a blender with some elements removed, and some anime tropes thrown in for funsies.
Yeah pretty much, it feels more like an entry game for newer series' fans? So to speak.
It's more Awakening x Persona. And the anime tropes they work with aren't to my tastes :/
Having 14 games as of now and focusing so much on the first and last (as the time of the game's development) Fire Emblem games feels, underwhelming.

I'm sure it'll be a good game, both companies do quality stuff after all.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Agreed, it pretty much is a more Persona'fied kind of game instead of a crossover. The first January Nintendo Direct 2013 Trailer showcased the various SMT and FE characters which ended up being somewhat misleading I suppose. People just didn't expect the whole Persona and anime vibe. Although considering I like these types of games anyway I'm sure I'll enjoy SMT x FE because aniiiimayyy.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I already have the original GBA game on VC and i like it so far.
That's good. All 3 GBA games have their strengths.

FE6: Zephiel becomes a major plotpoint from FE7. Plus Roy is in this game.
FE7: Has a lot of Gaiden chapters to add onto a challenge and gets progressively harder
FE8: Easiest but has a lot of post game content. Plus a Lance Lord.

I like FE7 and 8's story out of the 3, though.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Feeling satisfied with Wario vs Knuckles outcome, and might be with my own version of :4mario: vs :4sonic:

Anyone have any other ideas I could do? :4dk:

D

Deleted member

I just realized that on my sprite, I made Madoka's heels pink when they're so very obviously red.

How do I miss that? I think I should just cancel this project.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm kinda sad I'm the only one that legit likes SMT x FE

everywhere I go, all I hear is negatives and none of the people that like it...

Makes me feel bad for liking it seeing how I am a fan of both..
Being that i only know FE of the 2 and theres almost nothing of fe In it i camt like it.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am watching the set of Mango VS Armanda.

Homemadewaffles is shouting swag along with the crew lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom