• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silver_1357

Talking about Fire Emblem I see. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In other news, I've been on a quest for a while now. My quest is to eat every form and flavor of Pringles available. Pringles are my favorite chip brand mostly because of the canisters and the fact that it's not 45% air.

I'm currently on Farmhouse Cheddar. Sounds delicious. :4rob:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In other news, I've been on a quest for a while now. My quest is to eat every form and flavor of Pringles available. Pringles are my favorite chip brand mostly because of the canisters and the fact that it's not 45% air.

I'm currently on Farmhouse Cheddar. Sounds delicious. :4rob:
I want pringles now.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So there's a huge typhoon passing over Kyushu. Unfortunately, this is happening during my week of orientation for my job resulting me staying in Fukuoka City while my wife is about an hour and half away at home. I guess from what she said, there's broken trees and debris flying about and is worried the apartment may be damaged as well. I'm starting to get the storm here but I'm in a hotel. I worry for her in our small mountainside apartment...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
SWORD ART ONLINE TORTURE MONTH

Episode 2 – Beater (Aincrad Arc)

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO WATCH THIS SHOW DON'T READ THIS.
The episode starts with Kirito in a town making an internal monologue about the 2000 dead players, how the 1st floor has yet to be finished and that in the town there’ll be a player meet to discuss how to beat the floor.
After the OP we’re at the meeting center, where this guy called Diavel directs the meeting and tells everyone about how they have discovered the boss room and their strategy is to make various squads on parties to fight the boss. Everyone starts getting acquainted with each other except Kirito. Then he sees a hooded girl and gets close to her.

This is Asuna Yuuki, AKA… Asuna, our co-protagonist. Kirito asks her why she hasn’t joined a party, to which she replies that everyone already seemed to know each other. He then proposes her they form a party to which she agrees and he sees her name under his HP Bar. Diavel is about to resume the meeting, when suddenly a guy named Kibaou shows up and demands the beta testers to present themselves. Kibaou accuses the beta testers to be evil for leaving the new players alone and taking all goods for themselves. Before Kirito reveals himself, another guy goes to talk sense into Kibaou.

This is Andrew Gilbert Mills AKA Agil AKA the only good character of the series. Agil takes a guide book with many strategies which is available free in all item stores and points out the beta testers are the one that wrote it. With everything settled, they read the book and see that the boss will change weapon and pattern at low health.

That night Asuna is alone eating some bread and Kirito joins her, offering some Cream. Kirito asks her why she has come to this town to which she answers she will not lose herself. The next day everyone enters the boss room and the battle starts. Some squads fighting spawning enemies while the rest attacking the boss himself. Once he goes low health, Diavel tries to give the final blow for the boss to change weapon, Kirito notices the weapon being different from the beta and tries to warn him but he’s hit. Kirito tries to heal Diavel with a potion, but he refuses it, tells him he was a beta tester too and leaves the group to him, dying.

Kirito makes an internal monologue about how Diavel tried to guide others unlike himself, Asuna then tells him to keep fighting and they go all against him. With Agil’s assistance they manage to beat him. Kirito for doing the final blow gets a coat as a special reward. Everyone celebrates but then Kibaou calls on Kirito for letting Diavel die. For knowing the weapon was different, people deduce he’s a beta tester and start bashing him. In order to direct all the beta tester hate to himself, he makes a rant about how the group is superior to the testers but himself, exclaiming he knows a lot, Kaibaou calls him a cheater and some random guy then shouts that he’s a beater, Kirito then accepts the title and puts on his new coat leaving to become a solo player.

Before that, Asuna runs to him asking how he knew her name, replying to her about the health bars. Kirito tells her she has potential and should join a guild, dissolves his party with Asuna, goes to the 2nd floor and the episode ends.

All right, beforehand I’ve said that I think the first two episodes of SAO are the only good ones. I’ll rephrase that, I think the 1st episode is good while the 2nd episode is enjoyable.

The first half of the episode is still quite nice, it introduced two more relevant characters well. Asuna is actually good and gives an interesting and mysterious aura around her… which sadly isn’t made anything of for the rest of the series. Agil is definitely a nice guy and despite being a secondary character, I think they’ve done a good job with him as the friendly but thanks God not dumb adult of the group.

Also the interactions between Kirito and Asuna are actually nice. He definitely seems to relate to her and tries his best to get along.

But it has many dumb moments.

For one, the beta testers. Why people think they’re the bad guys? Think about it: Beta testers know more than any, they know how to gain EXP, they know where enemies are, they know where to find items, they know more strategies, etc. While definitely they’re not know-it-alls, they definitely have more experience than the rest, so why don’t people seek their guidance? After all, this a death game. People really should know better those guys at the moment are the best option to get allied with. But no, they are casted away.

Granted, I’m sure some would be just like Kibaou thinks, but Kirito and Diavel are the proof they can be helpful.

Speaking of those two, why did Diavel reject the potion? Seriously, the guy had pretty much no reason to die. Sure, Kirito seemed to be a better player, but that’s no excuse, he could’ve continued to lead the players, heck, even if Kirito began to lead them, he could’ve still been there, become a recurring character, be in like his second or third in command. But nope, he had to die.

Kirito’s monologue on why he was better person than himself is pretty much a way to feel sympathy for his death, but truly he appeared for so little combined with the fact that they barely knew each other makes it very forceful. We can feel sorry for people we barely knew in real life dying, but to be really sad we had to know the person, which is why Diavel’s death isn’t really that sad.

Then there’s what Kirito did for the beta testers… it didn’t work. They’re still casted for the rest of the arc by most people, so what he did was useless. Also his decision of going solo, I’m not gonna spoil much here, but believe me, it makes the series weaker by each episode.

Also half the boss fight itself wasn’t good. Most of it were frozen frames shaking and didn’t get well animated until Kirito and Asuna started to fight it.

So yes, while this episode is enjoyable, my impressions on it have definitely declined.

Next Review: Episode 3 – The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Funny how the Abridged version has much better writing ALONGSIDE being a humorous parody.

T

Trick or Treat

I'll be praying that everything turns out all right in the end. I can't imagine how you must be feeling after all this.
Thank you Cliff. (:

Have you ever been so tired that you can even bring yourself to eat dinner?

Thats me right now

K....Koujaku...
Mother****ing Koujaku
Not tired but I'll admit sometimes I am too lazy to eat.

Even worse, sometimes I am too lazy to sleep. Yeah.

R.I.P. previous title, we hardly knew ya.

Let's hope it's 'just' a small disease. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Ram! The doctor did say that certain signs and timing (again, not going to go into detail here) did match up. But the sure way to tell will be with the test results.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The doctor took a blood test just to be sure, as those are much more accurate. I'll know for sure in a couple of days....
If you do turn out to be pregnant, lets just hope its some sort of really minor disease. Also, take this from the 15 year old kid here...

If you going down the road of abortion is the best situation for you both long and short term, then that's fine.

I don't necessarily support abortion, but I aint gonna judge you if you do end up doing it :p

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So there's a huge typhoon passing over Kyushu. Unfortunately, this is happening during my week of orientation for my job resulting me staying in Fukuoka City while my wife is about an hour and half away at home. I guess from what she said, there's broken trees and debris flying about and is worried the apartment may be damaged as well. I'm starting to get the storm here but I'm in a hotel. I worry for her in our small mountainside apartment...
I hope that typhoon doesn't cause any major casualties, to your wife or anyone/anything around your home.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The chip may look weird at first, but the taste is pretty good. I give it my pepe of approval. :4dk:

I want pringles now.
Last time it was Baked Potato flavor, which also gets my pepe of approval.
Hey, is Pringles making more flavors like Lays, but is actually being successful? :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I would say " **** my job" And drive to the apartment and stay with my wife

I know thats not the smartest thing to do but its better then her being there alone

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hope that typhoon doesn't cause any major casualties, to your wife or anyone/anything around your home.
I've heard of one death so far in Japan from a guy who was on a boat. Sadly, it did kill 19 people in the Phillipines. The center has passed by where she is but it's coming up forwards me. Electricity is down where she is.

I would say " **** my job" And drive to the apartment and stay with my wife

I know thats not the smartest thing to do but its better then her being there alone
Sadly, all roads have been closed and travel outside is restricted. I also didn't drive here but took a bus so I'm kinda locked in here. She's weathered plenty of typhoons before on her own so she said she will be fine. She's more concerned for structural damage.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Thank you Cliff. (:

Not tired but I'll admit sometimes I am too lazy to eat.

Even worse, sometimes I am too lazy to sleep. Yeah.

Thanks Ram! The doctor did say that certain signs and timing (again, not going to go into detail here) did match up. But the sure way to tell will be with the test results.
Please get better... I worry for you...

Me and Marth wishes the best.

:marthmelee:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just saw pregnancy talk.
I am confused and unsure whether to be happy or concerned. :4charizard:

T

Trick or Treat

I hope everyone in the path of the typhoon will be okay! I have never been in any major storm like that but I can only imagine. Hopefully there will be no more casualties now...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sadly, all roads have been closed and travel outside is restricted. I also didn't drive here but took a bus so I'm kinda locked in here. She's weathered plenty of typhoons before on her own so she said she will be fine. She's more concerned for structural damage.
Well at least she is a brave woman~

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I just saw pregnancy talk.
I am confused and unsure whether to be happy or concerned. :4charizard:
Nothing at the moment but show support for Erika. Nothing's been guaranteed yet.

On an unrelated note, my nephew would love the **** out of this giant Yarn Yoshi.

S

Silver_1357

Okay. So umm...how about we talk about the subject of....

How bad anime localization was back in the day.

T

Trick or Treat

Nothing at the moment but show support for Erika. Nothing's been guaranteed yet.

On an unrelated note, my nephew would love the **** out of this giant Yarn Yoshi.

Thank you! Everyone!
I should get the results by the end of the week if not sooner.

And that giant Yoshi is absolutely adorable. Well, all of them are...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So are you telling me she got knocked up or that it has nothing to do with pregnancy at all? :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom