• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sonic Dreams Collection, though.

I don't know if it was an intricately crafted joke of a game, or a simulator designed to please the most diehard of Sonic fanfiction fans.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
And the Genocide begins.
Time to hide my ****posts under my hard drives floorboards.

Edit: as you can tell, this one got out.
Silly boy. With Plan Z on our side, we can't possibly be wiped out.

Trying to read Aztec linguals is worse than trying to pronounce Japanese.
Both would likely cause my mind to snap.

:094:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Sonic Dreams Collection, though.

I don't know if it was an intricately crafted joke of a game, or a simulator designed to please the most diehard of Sonic fanfiction fans.
That game... MUST. NOT. REMEMBER.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How. He's your earliest Light magic user.

Don't get Gerik or Joshua killed or else I will personally track your address and make rude gestures outside your property.
Gerik is a Mercenary. If he dies then I have a talent at killing off characters.

Artur was in the path of a Figter by accident and he got wrecked.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If there is no recognisable Word in Japanese (besides Baka) then Japanese is harder than you think,

Especially if it is already hard to learn a language like SPANISH, XDDDDD
It's certainly harder than a European language, which is kind of the reason I stopped mid-way. :p I find the pronunciation a breeze though.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Gerik is a Mercenary. If he dies then I have a talent at killing off characters.

Artur was in the path of a Figter by accident and he got wrecked.
At least Lute won't stalk him now.

Oh wait, she can always stay at his tombstone. She's a good unit but weird as hell.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
We went double in the past. Mainly because of breaking Smash Bros.-related news so everyone would swarm in to see the hype in action.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
SWORD ART ONLINE TORTURE MONTH

Episode 2 – Beater (Aincrad Arc)

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO WATCH THIS SHOW DON'T READ THIS.
The episode starts with Kirito in a town making an internal monologue about the 2000 dead players, how the 1st floor has yet to be finished and that in the town there’ll be a player meet to discuss how to beat the floor.

After the OP we’re at the meeting center, where this guy called Diavel directs the meeting and tells everyone about how they have discovered the boss room and their strategy is to make various squads on parties to fight the boss. Everyone starts getting acquainted with each other except Kirito. Then he sees a hooded girl and gets close to her.

This is Asuna Yuuki, AKA… Asuna, our co-protagonist. Kirito asks her why she hasn’t joined a party, to which she replies that everyone already seemed to know each other. He then proposes her they form a party to which she agrees and he sees her name under his HP Bar. Diavel is about to resume the meeting, when suddenly a guy named Kibaou shows up and demands the beta testers to present themselves. Kibaou accuses the beta testers to be evil for leaving the new players alone and taking all goods for themselves. Before Kirito reveals himself, another guy goes to talk sense into Kibaou.

This is Andrew Gilbert Mills AKA Agil AKA the only good character of the series. Agil takes a guide book with many strategies which is available free in all item stores and points out the beta testers are the one that wrote it. With everything settled, they read the book and see that the boss will change weapon and pattern at low health.

That night Asuna is alone eating some bread and Kirito joins her, offering some Cream. Kirito asks her why she has come to this town to which she answers she will not lose herself. The next day everyone enters the boss room and the battle starts. Some squads fighting spawning enemies while the rest attacking the boss himself. Once he goes low health, Diavel tries to give the final blow for the boss to change weapon, Kirito notices the weapon being different from the beta and tries to warn him but he’s hit. Kirito tries to heal Diavel with a potion, but he refuses it, tells him he was a beta tester too and leaves the group to him, dying.

Kirito makes an internal monologue about how Diavel tried to guide others unlike himself, Asuna then tells him to keep fighting and they go all against him. With Agil’s assistance they manage to beat him. Kirito for doing the final blow gets a coat as a special reward. Everyone celebrates but then Kibaou calls on Kirito for letting Diavel die. For knowing the weapon was different, people deduce he’s a beta tester and start bashing him. In order to direct all the beta tester hate to himself, he makes a rant about how the group is superior to the testers but himself, exclaiming he knows a lot, Kaibaou calls him a cheater and some random guy then shouts that he’s a beater, Kirito then accepts the title and puts on his new coat leaving to become a solo player.

Before that, Asuna runs to him asking how he knew her name, replying to her about the health bars. Kirito tells her she has potential and should join a guild, dissolves his party with Asuna, goes to the 2nd floor and the episode ends.
All right, beforehand I’ve said that I think the first two episodes of SAO are the only good ones. I’ll rephrase that, I think the 1st episode is good while the 2nd episode is enjoyable.

The first half of the episode is still quite nice, it introduced two more relevant characters well. Asuna is actually good and gives an interesting and mysterious aura around her… which sadly isn’t made anything of for the rest of the series. Agil is definitely a nice guy and despite being a secondary character, I think they’ve done a good job with him as the friendly but thanks God not dumb adult of the group.

Also the interactions between Kirito and Asuna are actually nice. He definitely seems to relate to her and tries his best to get along.

But it has many dumb moments.

For one, the beta testers. Why people think they’re the bad guys? Think about it: Beta testers know more than any, they know how to gain EXP, they know where enemies are, they know where to find items, they know more strategies, etc. While definitely they’re not know-it-alls, they definitely have more experience than the rest, so why don’t people seek their guidance? After all, this a death game. People really should know better those guys at the moment are the best option to get allied with. But no, they are casted away.

Granted, I’m sure some would be just like Kibaou thinks, but Kirito and Diavel are the proof they can be helpful.

Speaking of those two, why did Diavel reject the potion? Seriously, the guy had pretty much no reason to die. Sure, Kirito seemed to be a better player, but that’s no excuse, he could’ve continued to lead the players, heck, even if Kirito began to lead them, he could’ve still been there, become a recurring character, be in like his second or third in command. But nope, he had to die.

Kirito’s monologue on why he was better person than himself is pretty much a way to feel sympathy for his death, but truly he appeared for so little combined with the fact that they barely knew each other makes it very forceful. We can feel sorry for people we barely knew in real life dying, but to be really sad we had to know the person, which is why Diavel’s death isn’t really that sad.

Then there’s what Kirito did for the beta testers… it didn’t work. They’re still casted for the rest of the arc by most people, so what he did was useless. Also his decision of going solo, I’m not gonna spoil much here, but believe me, it makes the series weaker by each episode.

Also half the boss fight itself wasn’t good. Most of it were frozen frames shaking and didn’t get well animated until Kirito and Asuna started to fight it.

So yes, while this episode is enjoyable, my impressions on it have definitely declined.

Next Review: Episode 3 – The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I dont know if my Artur is just bad or what but like when Lute hits anyone she takes off 80% of their health with the first attack but when Artur hits someone he takes off 70% of their health after the second hit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I dont know if my Artur is just bad or what but like when Lute hits anyone she takes off 80% of their health with the first attack but when Artur hits someone he takes off 70% of their health after the second hit.
Artur is super effective on late game zombies. Just keep that in mind.

Gamingpro208

Smash Lord
The place.... Of.... Idfk Smash? Fek this s***
NNID
Gamingpro208
3DS FC
1032-1699-8546

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hello my lovely ****posting sisters.

You know what really bothered me about the SmashBoards movie trailer that @ Pyra Pyra made?

He didn't even let Soul's post background load completely and I just

I feel incredibly distressed about this.

Toaster why

why do you do this
Actually because I didn't think anyone would catch me editing out the second half of his post :troll:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO WATCH THIS SHOW DON'T READ THIS.
The episode starts with Kirito in a town making an internal monologue about the 2000 dead players, how the 1st floor has yet to be finished and that in the town there’ll be a player meet to discuss how to beat the floor.

After the OP we’re at the meeting center, where this guy called Diavel directs the meeting and tells everyone about how they have discovered the boss room and their strategy is to make various squads on parties to fight the boss. Everyone starts getting acquainted with each other except Kirito. Then he sees a hooded girl and gets close to her.

This is Asuna Yuuki, AKA… Asuna, our co-protagonist. Kirito asks her why she hasn’t joined a party, to which she replies that everyone already seemed to know each other. He then proposes her they form a party to which she agrees and he sees her name under his HP Bar. Diavel is about to resume the meeting, when suddenly a guy named Kibaou shows up and demands the beta testers to present themselves. Kibaou accuses the beta testers to be evil for leaving the new players alone and taking all goods for themselves. Before Kirito reveals himself, another guy goes to talk sense into Kibaou.

This is Andrew Gilbert Mills AKA Agil AKA the only good character of the series. Agil takes a guide book with many strategies which is available free in all item stores and points out the beta testers are the one that wrote it. With everything settled, they read the book and see that the boss will change weapon and pattern at low health.

That night Asuna is alone eating some bread and Kirito joins her, offering some Cream. Kirito asks her why she has come to this town to which she answers she will not lose herself. The next day everyone enters the boss room and the battle starts. Some squads fighting spawning enemies while the rest attacking the boss himself. Once he goes low health, Diavel tries to give the final blow for the boss to change weapon, Kirito notices the weapon being different from the beta and tries to warn him but he’s hit. Kirito tries to heal Diavel with a potion, but he refuses it, tells him he was a beta tester too and leaves the group to him, dying.

Kirito makes an internal monologue about how Diavel tried to guide others unlike himself, Asuna then tells him to keep fighting and they go all against him. With Agil’s assistance they manage to beat him. Kirito for doing the final blow gets a coat as a special reward. Everyone celebrates but then Kibaou calls on Kirito for letting Diavel die. For knowing the weapon was different, people deduce he’s a beta tester and start bashing him. In order to direct all the beta tester hate to himself, he makes a rant about how the group is superior to the testers but himself, exclaiming he knows a lot, Kaibaou calls him a cheater and some random guy then shouts that he’s a beater, Kirito then accepts the title and puts on his new coat leaving to become a solo player.

Before that, Asuna runs to him asking how he knew her name, replying to her about the health bars. Kirito tells her she has potential and should join a guild, dissolves his party with Asuna, goes to the 2nd floor and the episode ends.

All right, beforehand I’ve said that I think the first two episodes of SAO are the only good ones. I’ll rephrase that, I think the 1st episode is good while the 2nd episode is enjoyable.

The first half of the episode is still quite nice, it introduced two more relevant characters well. Asuna is actually good and gives an interesting and mysterious aura around her… which sadly isn’t made anything of for the rest of the series. Agil is definitely a nice guy and despite being a secondary character, I think they’ve done a good job with him as the friendly but thanks God not dumb adult of the group.

Also the interactions between Kirito and Asuna are actually nice. He definitely seems to relate to her and tries his best to get along.

For one, the beta testers. Why people think they’re the bad guys? Think about it: Beta testers know more than any, they know how to gain EXP, they know where enemies are, they know where to find items, they know more strategies, etc. While definitely they’re not know-it-alls, they definitely have more experience than the rest, so why don’t people seek their guidance? After all, this a death game. People really should know better those guys at the moment are the best option to get allied with. But no, they are casted away.

Granted, I’m sure some would be just like Kibaou thinks, but Kirito and Diavel are the proof they can be helpful.

Speaking of those two, why did Diavel reject the potion? Seriously, the guy had pretty much no reason to die. Sure, Kirito seemed to be a better player, but that’s no excuse, he could’ve continued to lead the players, heck, even if Kirito began to lead them, he could’ve still been there, become a recurring character, be in like his second or third in command. But nope, he had to die.

Kirito’s monologue on why he was better person than himself is pretty much a way to feel sympathy for his death, but truly he appeared for so little combined with the fact that they barely knew each other makes it very forceful. We can feel sorry for people we barely knew in real life dying, but to be really sad we had to know the person, which is why Diavel’s death isn’t really that sad.

Then there’s what Kirito did for the beta testers… it didn’t work. They’re still casted for the rest of the arc by most people, so what he did was useless. Also his decision of going solo, I’m not gonna spoil much here, but believe me, it makes the series weaker by each episode.

Also half the boss fight itself wasn’t good. Most of it were frozen frames shaking and didn’t get well animated until Kirito and Asuna started to fight it.

So yes, while this episode is enjoyable, my impressions on it have definitely declined.

And this thread now has reminded me that I'm the only one that enjoys SAO. Brb, changing my avi to Asuna. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Artur is super effective on late game zombies. Just keep that in mind.
Actually, he's effective on all undead units in general. Light mages are crap to regular fighters.

For whatever reason, they never returned in Awakening and Fates.

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

I don't mind spoilers for tv shows. Thanks.

T

Trick or Treat

The doctor took a blood test just to be sure, as those are much more accurate. I'll know for sure in a couple of days...

And some of those are new visitors or rarely visit here to begin with.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, he's effective on all undead units in general. Light mages are crap to regular fighters.

For whatever reason, they never returned n Awakening and Fates.
I know that. I meant he becomes a much more valuable unit later in the game.

And that's a shame. How long do I have wait to see Radiant Dawn's double magic triangle?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys.
Also @MainJPW , how's the search going for you? :4dk:
@ Will Will 's Toon Link suggestion didn't make it because the Legend of Zelda wiki speculated that he was two years younger and was acting really wishy-washy about it.

Here's the list.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4641507
:4mario: and :4luigi: are still 26 though. It's on the wiki too. Well for Mary-O at least. Since Luigi is younger and also a baby in Yoshi's Island, we can still assume Linguini is 26.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
R.I.P. previous title, we hardly knew ya.

The doctor took a blood test just to be sure, as those are much more accurate. I'll know for sure in a couple of days...
Let's hope it's 'just' a small disease. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom