• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know why I eventually stopped going to church when I was younger

The preacher began "Talking in tongues" and people in it seemed to begin worshiping his very steps

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

The preacher began "Talking in tongues" and people in it seemed to begin worshiping his very steps
I'm glad that I'm a Catholic; our authorities are always deliberately skeptical of every purported 'miracle' and conduct thorough investigations on the matter. In turn, our lay people are usually wary of this sort of protestant nonsense.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Why is 40.99 a dealbreaker? Am I missing something?
It's a game where you wander around a small town trying to discover what happened to everyone. It's similar to Dear Esther (even made by the same studio): wander around trying to piece the narrative together.
I was interested in the game, but 40,99 is very ***** steep.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Or the fact he's non-existent these days?

No need to say that out loud. That's my childhood hero you're talking about

Makes me wonder if the people in there seem to worship the preacher and not God himself? Always fun to think about based on how easy it is to listen to words and follow Earth instead of Heaven

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The fact we still can't choose to make the quick access dock in Apple devices transparent pisses me off.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That sick combo that i did to you in halberd lol.
What combo? The only thing i remember was my stupid dead because of the stage. If this is that, this is not a combo. No sir.
ko1qnBe.gif

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It's a game where you wander around a small town trying to discover what happened to everyone. It's similar to Dear Esther (even made by the same studio): wander around trying to piece the narrative together.
I was interested in the game, but 40,99 is very ***** steep.
I've seen Jim Sterling's playthrough and he perfectly explained my issue with these types of games. They're no longer a "breath of fresh air", and they're just narratives happening around you. The characters are invested in what happens... except the "protagonist", who has nothing to do with anything. They're games about looking, never touching, squandering the entire point of an interactive medium.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Ah, the common blind leading the blind. Then again, hypocrites love hypocrites. It's a reason why I'm absolutely disgusted with religion. All this talk and high horsing about how great your religion is and how you're true to it, but in reality that person doesn't even follow what's said. But enough talk about religion.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I've seen Jim Sterling's playthrough and he perfectly explained my issue with these types of games. They're no longer a "breath of fresh air", and they're just narratives happening around you. The characters are invested in what happens... except the "protagonist", who has nothing to do with anything. They're games about looking, never touching, squandering the entire point of an interactive medium.
He made a Jimquistion episode about "walking simulators". You should go check it out if you haven't already.
I was still interested in the game even after watching his review. I probably would've bought it if it was around 10 bucks, but 40 is very expensive.
He made a nice term to describe the player in these games: glorified camera operators.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Man. I haven't played ANYTHING ever since I left Minnesota, and the dorms open tomorrow.

I JUST WANT TO GET BACK ON GALE OF DARKNESS, SAVE PROFESSOR KRANE, AND KICK LOVRINA'S ***!!!!!!!!
You know, about Pkmn Colosseum and Gale of Darkness...

before anything, I will say I played these when I was between primary/secondary school, and I enjoyed them back then. Saying that, I don't think I'd play them again, or ever would if I hadn't experienced in the past. They're pretty mediocre, and when compared to the mainstream Pkmn titles, they're very restrictive. I didn't like art style either. The environments are somewhat bland, and mostly gritty, and the character designs can range from meh to whatamIlookingat. The Shadow Pokemon mechanic was interesting, and did make capturing them more challenging. But trying to capture all of them can be BS late game, especially in Gale of Darkness when the antagonists have teams full of Shadow Pokemon that all deal critical hit damage.

There are a couple of things I can take from them. The soundtracks are decent, with a couple of standouts. And Miror B.

I can't even remember what his role. He was kind of just there, especially in GoD. But...

Mainstream Pokemon all the way.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
If I made animal crossing I'd bring over the Moon Fall cutscene from Majora's Mask whenever someone tried to make a new town.
Stick in a "You shouldn't have done that" somewhere in there. :estatic:

You...You and I need to make incredible plans together...

Soul.

Sonic song lyrics are the best thing about them.
Especially when you post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom