• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I even changed my profile pic because I'm so damn depressed right now. :troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Six, now seven, posts in a row by pranked users. :D
Repetition to a single audience is not an essential element of memes, however, perhaps they're trying to communicate it to a new listener? Neither is it being a joke central to the broader definition of memes.
Besides that, the sentiments behind jokes often don't and can't get old. Merely because it's not new doesn't degrade the quality of the humor, nor does it necessarily impact one's favor of the theme or principle the joke suggests.
I will agree with this. There are people out there who still enjoy the memes and have fond memories of them (like with anything). But what I don't agree with is this:
Besides that, if you have a principled dislike of repeated things, then perhaps you also ought to dislike all language, indeed, all human thought. Often ideas are immortal and repeat endlessly throughout generations. Often, as well, very little is original because most ideas are ideas re-arranged in novel ways.
What I'm tryn'a say here is that hatin' on memes ain't rational, ya dig?
Where the hell did this come from? I'm trying to understand but I can't. So apparently because I don't like memes I should hate language or thoughts? What sense does that make?! Okay, we've recycled jokes sure. Granted I don't remember hearing Over 9000 or firing lazors in my literature textbooks, but maybe I went to the wrong class. But I don't see how I should hate words because God forbid I didn't find Nyan Cat amusing.
That's like saying I should hate Japan, its culture, and art in general because I don't like anime.

See bucko, it's a magical thing called "opinions", and we all have them. We may not agree with them, but they're there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Backup Laptop doesn't download Windows 10

THE RIDE CONTINUES

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
"It's true what they say. The grass is always greener, and you really don't know what is you have, until it's gone...gone...gone"-Conker :cry:

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I will agree with this. There are people out there who still enjoy the memes and have fond memories of them (like with anything). But what I don't agree with is this:

Where the hell did this come from? I'm trying to understand but I can't. So apparently because I don't like memes I should hate language or thoughts? What sense does that make?! Okay, we've recycled jokes sure. Granted I don't remember hearing Over 9000 or firing lazors in my literature textbooks, but maybe I went to the wrong class. But I don't see how I should hate words because God forbid I didn't find Nyan Cat amusing.

That's like saying I should hate Japan, its culture, and art in general because I don't like anime.
No--no, I said "if you have a principled dislike of repeated things". You clearly don't have that as your principle, but I was using it as a hypothetical to springboard into trying to discern the necessary conclusion of disliking all repeated things as principle.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"It's true what they say. The grass is always greener, and you really don't know what is you have, until it's gone...gone...gone"-Conker
Stop being sad.
It's not boosting my sadism nor is it improving your mental state.
Watch a kitten video, I don't care. Your sadness is making me uncomfortable, and I don't like it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did you see the link i posted?
Yep, I know how to fix that problem, but thanks anyway

Im trying to install W10 on 2 laptops
One got the corrupted download and the other doesn't download anything at the moment

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Yep, I know how to fix that problem, but thanks anyway

Im trying to install W10 on 2 laptops
One got the corrupted download and the other doesn't download anything at the moment
Try to set the date to one month later. You may know this already but best to try it.

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Stop being sad.
It's not boosting my sadism nor is it improving your mental state.
Watch a kitten video, I don't care. Your sadness is making me uncomfortable, and I don't like it.
Watched a kitten video, made me sadder. Thanks a lot.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Server overload intensifies.
4 days later... Their servers are still busy... Well at least it's nothing like what happened at the launch of Sim City 2013.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Your sadness is making me uncomfortable, and I don't like it.
How selfish.
TALK ABOUT IT
IT MAKES IT BETTER
IF YOU CAN'T, THEN TRY SOMETHING ELSE. DEPRESSION IS UNHEALTHY
How ignorant.
When people want to be left alone, it is usually best, spiritually, mentally, physically, to leave them alone.

Edit: I have nothing against Arigarmy. <3

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I'm sorry guys, but what I did there was a "social experiment" of some sort. I wanted to act all sad and in the dumps to see how you guys would react. Sorry for that unenjoyable experience.

Soul.

On the subject of memes, they are funny at first, but as they keep being used they become stale. If this thread didn't have memes (pls have mercy) it wouldn't be as funny; people would leave to other social threads, and potentially complain.
'Cuz memes solve everything.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'm sorry guys, but what I did there was a "social experiment" of some sort. I wanted to act all sad and in the dumps to see how you guys would react. Sorry for that unenjoyable experience.
I was going to ask what was wrong but i thought "Hmm... I think it's best if somebody else asked..." but i was rather worried and curious overall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the subject of memes, they are funny at first, but as they keep being used they become stale. If this thread didn't have memes (pls have mercy) it wouldn't be as funny; people would leave to other social threads, and potentially complain.
And what if I want to exaggerate things? Such as "over 9000"? In that case it's not meant to be taken as a joke.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How selfish.
Thanks, I try my best. :4dk:

How ignorant.

Though like @ Jaedrik Jaedrik said, what @ Will Will my said was a bit selfish.
Well, once the moment you said kitten videos made you even more sad, I kind of had a bluff sense going on.
Honestly, tell me when I act out in fits of pure rage over a small problem? :4pacman: AKA I knew it.

EDIT : I also had a free excuse to post Shia. :denzel: Hooray.

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472

Well, once the moment you said kitten videos made you even more sad, I kind of had a bluff sense going on.
Honestly, tell me when I act out in fits of pure rage over a small problem? :4pacman: AKA I knew it.
Actually, watching Kitten videos do make me sad since my Cat ran away when I was 9 years old. Not making that up.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Golly...
Well, in that case--
When people say they don't want to interact over some issue, and then put forth signs that they want to socialize about it, they have an unhealthy state of mind because they aren't being honest with themselves or are attempting to deceive, whether consciously or not. People usually feel conflicted at these points, but can't lock on to why, unless they're of the more insidious variety where they're trying to game others into wanting to help them more.

Then that leads others to prompt them about it more, because they might feel as if the other is even more troubled due to the seeming inconsistency I pointed out above, until they give up one side and either stop putting forward leading signs or open up about it.
Edit: Or, like Arigarmy did, the others will guess it out and start probing at the edges. :P

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Memes in Moderation.

That is, spam all the memes in Mod PMs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually, watching Kitten videos do make me sad since my Cat ran away when I was 9 years old. Not making that up.
I've witnessed one of my dogs get run over. :4pacman:

Super Metroid at GDQ was pretty good.
SGDQ is going on right now?
Since when? :4dk:

Edit: Or, like Arigarmy did, the others will guess it out and start probing at the edges. :P
You don't just go from happy to the deepest depths of depression that fast.
Or at least not from what I've seen. :4dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom