• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
High school is filled with tryhards who don't want to be there. College still has their fair share of people who don't want to be there, but they will get filtered out eventually, leaving only the people who want to be there and thus are motivated, plus they are obviously more mature than high schoolers.

Yes
@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo kept telling me to take my pants off
Why do they want my pants off :drshrug:
Because they want you to understand having no pants on is one of the best feelings a man can have.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Story time
I Was Shopping in home depot when this girl came over to me and said she knew me from a Smash Tourny i want too. I Was like "Cool" And then went back to shopping. But then she trys to lean in and put her down on my Shoulder, But i move away. i have to admit, she was "Okay Looking", but i wanted to :4falcon: PUNCH her. She then tries to get my number, by saying "Hey whats your number"? but then i see a nearby Really Thick Book, so i throw it at her, and book it. Turns out she got a bloody nose from it.
DONT MESS WITH MEH
I think tossing a book at her probably was a bit overboard, eh?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
College is indeed pretty chill, I got many new friends, but also got some enemies; that's why I prefered High School, people looked more mature there surprisingly

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
The point is, college is fsr better than high school in every way. Everyone is more mature and open, and the school itself is as well. You can do anything you want when you aren't in class.
Payment can help if you get financial aid or start at a community college like me. Housing is a non issue for me as well. Hard classes...ehh, depends really. Debt is again depending on how you go about things.
So much truth here.
Considering my current financial situation, I'm most likely going to be in debt after college. How much debt, I'm not sure. Still let's see how much financial aid helps out.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
College is great, but I cannot wait to be done with it. After that you just have to worry about finding a job you like. Once that is out of the way, then life is truly wonderful.

On the subject of price, I have not had to pay a single cent out of pocket yet. There are ways to make college very cheap. Just avoid loans. Look for scholarships....there are hundreds out there. Look for grants. The Pell grant is available to anyone as long as you keep your grades up. There are always options.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
High school is filled with tryhards who don't want to be there. College still has their fair share of people who don't want to be there, but they will get filtered out eventually, leaving only the people who want to be there and thus are motivated, plus they are obviously more mature than high schoolers.

Because they want you to understand having no pants on is one of the best feelings a man can have.
My High School is terrible. Almost every 14 year old in there thinks they are "hard". Someone made fun of me because of the underwear i was wearing... really.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yep. Socal outright banned Castle Siege, Delfino, and Halberd. Guess some people hate stage variety. :/
What if I told you that those stages created degenerate gameplay?
Unless we're talking about Project M, because those stages are actually good there.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
w-well im not in college but it sounds good i guess?
im like, way, waaaaaaaaaaay far from college.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have never went on any sort of romantic visit/date/activity ever
I'm not ready for that type of commitment
And I probably won't be for another 10 years :drshrug:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Just study abroad, mang.
I don't really think that'll do anything for me. I don't know any other language other than English. I doubt I'd be able to travel there at all. Living expenses dawg. I doubt I'll have a great time abroad.

T

Trick or Treat

Plus the fact that they pay to be there, so they aren't going to waste it being jerks.
Aside from some people, it is just very chill and focused there

Considering my current financial situation, I'm most likely going to be in debt after college. How much debt, I'm not sure. Still let's see how much financial aid helps out.
Start at a community college. It is a lot cheaper and a great transition from high school.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im not in college right now (currently saving money for med school and getting back in shape)
But I'll go to my former college to finish some business... some "friends" owe me money and they're evading me

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
I
My High School is terrible. Almost every 14 year old in there thinks they are "hard". Someone made fun of me because of the underwear i was wearing... really.
My High school was like that as well, but remember that you leave eventually.

Hi everybody:kirby:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yep. Socal outright banned Castle Siege, Delfino, and Halberd. Guess some people hate stage variety. :/
"Oh no, that stage has a Walkoff for less than 30 seconds"
"OMGTHEYREGONNACAMPBANIT"
~Intelligent conversation between Smash 4 Metagame Leader people

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I

My High school was like that as well, but remember that you leave eventually.

Hi everybody:kirby:
I guess we both had the same experience because we both are in the UK.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
And for the first time in two years, I'm actually looking forward going back to college.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My high school was pretty chill. I live in a college/hippie town and a lot of the people I went to school with were children of 60's hippies so pretty much everyone got along.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
I guess we both had the same experience because we both are in the UK.
Yeah, I'm from the north west of England and my high school was full of people who thought they were "hard" but you realise when you leave there not that tough.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
College is indeed pretty chill, I got many new friends, but also got some enemies; that's why I prefered High School, people looked more mature there surprisingly
Id rather die then get stressed out by college again. To bad I have no choice this semester
You really don't think so?
I hate college with a passion because it stresses me out so much

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Yeah, I'm from the north west of England and my high school was full of people who thought they were "hard" but you realise when you leave there not that tough.
I guess it is even worse since i come from the North East the home land of the geordies. (Not saying that geordies are bad.)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I live in Canada's Texas and i went to high school in the country so I was with a lot of farmer kids, and a lot of natives that acted like they were black. lol

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
You wear briefs don't you :4pacman:
I say boxer briefs are the best way to go. Briefs can be tight and look odd. Boxers are too...freeing. It's bad enough that you're "free", but running with the nuts and bolt loose is very uncomfortable. Boxer briefs free you enough, but keep the business safe and covered.

Plus the fact that they pay to be there, so they aren't going to waste it being jerks.
Aside from some people, it is just very chill and focused there
Start at a community college. It is a lot cheaper and a great transition from high school.
Eh, I might, but I'd like to just go out and be independent already. We'll see what happens.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why yesterday the Windows 10 download was 2,741MB and now it is 5,543MB?

Dis update :4wiremac:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
All this drama made me realize how boring my school life has been up to this point. I could've had a MUCH more eventful middle school life had I not ignored my secret admirer, but my ambition to hold off until college has kept me from doing anything "rash" or "premature." Guess I'm making the right choice, but still, I always have a tiny bit of envy. :younglinkmelee:

Soul.

"Oh no, that stage has a Walkoff for less than 30 seconds"
"OMGTHEYREGONNACAMPBANIT"
~Intelligent conversation between Smash 4 Metagame Leader people
To be honest if they decided to ban Castle Siege, Delfino and Halberd, who cares? Other stage lists have them legal, and so far Smash 4 doesn't really have a unified ruleset.
Maybe, just maybe, they wanted a simple stage list.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Aaaaaaand this is exactly why I lean toward casual.
Hopefully you don't mean you hate the competitive scene just for banning a few stages.
It's not like Tournament Organizers aren't justified, or that variety is some sacred cow which has to be preserved.
That being said, stages are often banned to preserve character variety.
Delfino, for example, was really stupid in Brawl because all Meta Knight had to do was shark under the stage and grab ledge over and over. It was really lame and fun for nobody involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom