• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I go back and forth with whether I can tan or not. The Irish part of me is like, "No!", while the Italian part of me is like, "Yes!".

I get terribly awkward tan lines though. :|

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I tried to tan once, but Im kinda pale... so I ended red :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gates was indeed a letdown compared to Explorers, yes, but it's not Superman 64 levels of bad. At least its soundtrack is good.

"vs. Rayquaza" from the Rescue games is amazing as ****.

Hopefully, Super Mystery Dungeon can be as good as Explorers. I won't push my expectations too high. From what I have seen it seems like a good game, but who knows.
Gates was OK, it's nowhere near the level of Explorers and it was a disappointing follow-up to it, but it does do its job in some areas like the music, certain mechanics, and some of the characters (ex. Hydreigon). I do think it shouldn't have cut as many corners as it did though, and that's easily where its biggest problems lie.

As for Super, it seems to be addressing all of the problems that Gates had so that's good so far. I'm just waiting to see how it turns out once the game's released.

D

Deleted member

Thanks, the signature-quote thing is probably gonna be a thing now, starting off with you.

So yeah, you guys of the Smash 4 Social Thread are in the running of having your patented phrases and words as my signature. Dunno why, just thought it would be a fun and cool idea.
No problem. Looks like the color would also change to match the user.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Just curious... How did you make your signature?
Photoshop. The black texture was something that I made myself and had lying around.
I cant tan because I am already black
:substitute:
I've already said that my avatar matches my skin tone, so as someone who's pretty light for someone who's black, I'd just get darker if I were to stay in the sun.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I don't need to tan. I happy with my skin. :)

T

Trick or Treat

I know not all men, but it seems like a lot. I went through life being taught the "women should do things to please men" mentality, like by my ex-boyfriend I mentioned the other day. While I obviously don't believe that and I have moved away from that mentality, bits and pieces of it still stuck with me unintentionally. Like tanning because lots kf men want to see tanned girls.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know not all men, but it seems like a lot. I went through life being taught the "women should do things to please men" mentality, like by my ex-boyfriend I mentioned the other day. While I obviously don't believe that and I have moved away from that mentality, bits and pieces of it still stuck with me unintentionally. Like tanning because lots kf men want to see tanned girls.
Who taught you that mentality? Your father? Like... that is sort of weird.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A lot of us went through that type of upbringing. I've had a boyfriend in the past that was really into that type of mentality. It is hard to shed what has been ingrained into your mind. Bits and pieces of that are still with me today as well. The good thing is that you have become independent from that line of thought. I'm pale and proud :).

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
I cant tan because I am already black
:substitute:
Y'all have it really nice when it comes to tanning. Like everyone else hear, I'm fairly pale. I have to go out of my way to actually get somewhat of a tan which lasts maybe a day or two. It sucks.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pretty sure thats the reason why May in ORAS wasn't tan and ...um..... Ruby(?) was.

I dont think Japan likes tan skinnd girls much
They doesn't like them, if I remember correctly, when a girl tans and/or dyes her hair blonde is considered a "rebel" and part of the ganguro movement

Morbi

Scavenger
Y'all have it really nice when it comes to tanning. Like everyone else hear, I'm fairly pale. I have to go out of my way to actually get somewhat of a tan which lasts maybe a day or two.
I am naturally "tan" I suppose. I am white, Russian-Irish; however, most people assume I am of Hispanic descent.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It cant be normal to be like milk white but then your knuckles are like cotton candy pink, right?

I'm a total zombie, lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They doesn't like them, if I remember correctly, when a girl tans and/or dyes her hair blonde is considered a "rebel" and part of the ganguro movement
Well there is this character

But that was mostly because she was a swimmer and the chlorine changed her hair and skin

ganguro girls are.so.ugly

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Do they? I like pale girls. lol
As do I!

Who taught you that mentality? Your father? Like... that is sort of weird.
****ty ex boyfriend and other people. Not my father though. It just became part of me, ingrained in my head throughout the years.

A lot of us went through that type of upbringing. I've had a boyfriend in the past that was really into that type of mentality. It is hard to shed what has been ingrained into yourself as bits and pieces of that are still with me today as well. The good thing is that you have become independent from that line of thought. I'm pale and proud :).
I hope you also have become independent from that mentality. Because it is not fun.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope you also have become independent from that mentality. Because it is not fun.
I'd like to claim I am........but as I said, there are still bits and pieces left over. It doesn't help that I am one of those people that feel inferior to everyone else.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
I don't have to worry about pleasing the opposite sex and what have you. I'm perfectly happy being single.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom