• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Also the Sword Art Online talk reminds me of that discussion we had about it back in 4.0.
Is 6.0 the new 4.0?

D

Deleted member

Also the Sword Art Online talk reminds me of that discussion we had about it back in 4.0.
Is 6.0 the new 4.0?
Well, if both versions got some rule changes (that were backlashed for the most part)... I guess so?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
An intoxicated man tried to carjack my aunt last saturday, but she's boss (despite she's 71) and pushed him off and honked the klaxon really hard to scare him away :denzel:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
View attachment 67877
Story of my Smash 4 online life, right here.
Also due to me making that image
I'm gonna have my guts decorated onto a wall cuz I used someone else's sprites that they took from some game and I just messed with the Hue and Lighting
upload_2015-8-12_1-20-28.png

He isn't joking, guys
I'll see you all in heaven :drshrug:

/end sarcasm

T

Trick or Treat

In México is the same thing, just replace the machetes with guns :urg:

On a less sad note, the dog that my former neighbors abandoned is in a shelter now with many people wanting to adopt her
It looks like when she gets her scabies cured, a family of the US will take her.
Well that is really good to hear! Here's to hoping all works out well!

It's certainly messed up, but, this might sound uncaring towards the victims, I'm not sure if it would be just to make the wrongdoer's lives hell, if I'm gonna take that to mean a punishment (x2 because the victims require to be compensated in some way) grossly disproportionate to the bad they did.
I'd make it hell if I could. And there isn't always compensation.

Yeah, I don't watch the news for the same reason.

Agreed. Doing such heinous action is not funny in any way.
I also don't watch news much. But I saw this somewhere and was immediately infuriated.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
And he probably should've asked the game developers if he could edit Bass and rip a fancy blast effect
Who's the real bad guy here :drshrug:
people rip stuff all the time.
considering he put time and effort into doing that stuff, you could've asked.
stealing peoples stuff is always troublesome.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Also due to me making that image
I'm gonna have my guts decorated onto a wall cuz I used someone else's sprites that they took from some game and I just messed with the Hue and Lighting
View attachment 67879
He isn't joking, guys
I'll see you all in heaven :drshrug:

/end sarcasm
Ah, sprite sheet threats. Brings back old memories.

Some don't even tell you to ask for permission or credit.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
people rip stuff all the time.
considering he put time and effort into doing that stuff, you could've asked.
stealing peoples stuff is always troublesome.
Went to source image and found this

I have my doubts, and I'm too :4dedede: to make a Newgrounds account to ask a guy who made the image in 2004 for a sprite
:drshrug:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
It's common?! Well, even one time is sickening, let alone being common. Stuff like this makes me paranoid. Not for myself but for my friends.
Semi common? Sorry, I can't find a word :urg: I basically meant that in a monthly basis, at least 2-5 cases are reported (just imagine how many cases are left unreported)

Most of the time those assassinations are between gangs, so as long as you don't get involved in something like that, you'll be fine. Panama City is safe; it's the outside that scares me. However this year someone sniped a guy who apparently belonged to one of those gangs... and it occured in a shopping mall in the city. Luckily, besides that, things have calmed a bit this year compared to previous ones

Soul.

Does it matter if you got sprites from someone else? This is why I don't bother with that stuff anymore.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just discovered this
toohyped.PNG

My computer REALLY WANTS to Upgrade, but first I need to continue with the backup and cleaning :p

T

Trick or Treat

Semi common? Sorry, I can't find a word :urg: I basically meant that in a monthly basis, at least 2-5 cases are reported (just imagine how many cases are left unreported)

Most of the time those assassinations are between gangs, so as long as you don't get involved in something like that, you'll be fine. Panama City is safe; it's the outside that scares me. However this year someone sniped a guy who apparently belonged to one of those gangs... and it occured in a shopping mall in the city. Luckily, besides that, things have calmed a bit this year compared to previous ones
People in gangs, for whatever the reason, should never get involved with other people, I'm sorry. If you want to, or have to lead that life, go for it. But keep everyone else out of it. I'm sorry but it is selfish to try and have a family while you are involved with a gang. You have no right to put those innocent people in danger like that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People in gangs, for whatever the reason, should never get involved with other people, I'm sorry. If you want to, or have to lead that life, go for it. But keep everyone else out of it. I'm sorry but it is selfish to try and have a family while you are involved with a gang. You have no right to put those innocent people in danger like that.
Spiderman got married even though he lived a dangerous life

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd make it hell if I could. And there isn't always compensation.
I'm... afraid of saying nebulous punishments like 'hell' or 'lessons'. It scares be because it feels arbitrary and not based on any sort of consistency or logic, but rather on emotions or whims, and then I think of being on the receiving end and getting my life completely wrecked due to something relatively minor.

I'm not sure what you mean by compensation not existing, but the dog's owners have a right to demand restitution. Of course, they don't have to do anything if they don't want to.

With an arbitrator and common law precedent at hand to make sure the demands aren't unreasonable, they could get monetary restitution, or even require the criminals to get them a new dog. In addition to the punishment, of course, which would likely consist of the family / enforcers destroying or appropriating property from the wrongdoers of similar value to the dog.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Worst part is when it's actually 10 year old kids who form part of those gangs

Anyways I don't really like discussing topics like this; they get me a bit paranoid :(

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Anyways I don't really like discussing topics like this; they get me a bit paranoid :(
I hope you've got a plan to secure yourself. D:
Worrying isn't fun.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*I have a brand new 8GB Flash Drive*
*The size of the data I need to backup is 8.23GB*

dammit

T

Trick or Treat

I agree. I always get paranoid about the safety of my friends in the future. Even though there is likely nothing to worry about. It is just how I am.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I hope you've got a plan to secure yourself. D:
Worrying isn't fun.
Meh, to be honest it's not like there's an entirely safe country out there especially in Central America (actually Panama is the safest country of it). At least the government is trying to find ways to decrease the violence, and I'm glad it's working so far

Anywaaays, so what you guys doing?

Last edited:

Soul.

I also don't think we should talk about things like this. This website is supposed to be friendly, anyway.
Unless it's a video game, like Hatred.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think someone here should start a smash boards ARK Survival server

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Meh, to be honest it's not like there's an entirely safe country out there especially in Central America (actually Panama is the safest country of it). At least the government is trying to find ways to decrease the violence, and I'm glad it's working so far

Anywaaays, so what you guys doing?
No--I mean... Are you allowed to secure yourself from your own means there, as in, get body armor, weapons, etc?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Spiderman got married even though he lived a dangerous life
Mephisto ****ed that up for him though...

In all seriousness, violent crime is a terrible thing. If you feel the need to kill a dog like that, and this may sound extreme, but frankly you don't deserve to live. Sorry, not sorry. Murderers are literally the scum of the Earth in my eyes, and to murder someone or something who can't even defend him or herself? Despicable.

That being said I'm sadly almost desensitized to it. I mean, I'm going into news media, so I read about these kinds of things every day. That doesn't make it any less troubling though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom