• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Oh man, my little sister literally had the most annoying online tournament fight against a custom jigglypuff with speed enhancements. She won, but man it was annoying even to watch!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's amazing the lengths people will go to defend their right to ****post.
That's awfully silly. They don't have to defend anything since the right is there.
More importantly, the moderators have the right to deprive them of that right.
At that point, it becomes "defend their right to post, period."
After all, participation on the Smashboards servers is completely voluntary and non-compulsory, therefore the owners have the absolute right to arbitrate it however they please.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh yeah, no doubt. This is the internet and there are people who compulsively decide every inch of their soul is consumed by memes. Nothing can change that.

But man, I got a good laugh out of some of the "just let us do it" posts
Well, if you're someone like me, who has no life whatsoever, it's impossible to not have your soul be consumed by memes.

:094:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ignore my glorious Erika Gordon avi because I'll be serious for a moment.

This version of the Social is stuck in a hole, in previous incarnations we used to talk about something and then advance to another topic while still having funny stuff, yeah, this place is a place to chill and have a good time and that's great because the thread always advances, but in this one is not, there's a Déja Vu feel of tension because topics that cause clashing opinions are repeated (mostly the chat one) and other users try to chill the tense situation with the way they consider appropiate: by ****posting , that derails everything and ends the tension... but causes the drawback of more ****posting... that sparks back the previous discussion.

That kind of posting never ends here because is part of this thread, but having that phenomenon constantly would make the place boring, so I agree with the current rules.

The thing that this thread needs is not more discussions of closing it, chat, etc. the solution is just moving on.
4.0 and 5.0 were kinda disliked during their lifespan but still we had some epic moments without the need of randomly posting images... and 6.0 should have that chance to shine too.

Sorry for the grammar fails.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Well, if you're someone like me, who has no life whatsoever, it's impossible to not have your soul be consumed by memes.

Ah, just like me...My life is a lie. Religion is a joke. Free will is a myth. I'm ruled by something...greater.
Memes.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

We all begin empty, yearning to be filled.
Let us pray that it be with something worthwhile ⋋|།'͡ᴼ╭͜ʖ╮͡ᴼ'།|⋌
imposable :drshrug:
It sure is odd to think of badposting as a figurine. GreyFace

Agh, that was bad, I'm sorry. I tried.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

This version of the Social is stuck in a hole, in previous incarnations we used to talk about something and then advance to another topic while still having funny stuff, yeah, this place is a place to chill and have a good time and that's great because the thread always advances, but in this one is not, there's a Déja Vu feel of tension because topics that cause clashing opinions are repeated (mostly the chat one) and other users try to chill the tense situation with the way they consider appropiate: by ****posting , that derails everything and ends the tension... but causes the drawback of more ****posting... that sparks back the previous discussion.

That kind of posting never ends here because is part of this thread, but having that phenomenon constantly would make the place boring, so I agree with the current rules.

The thing that this thread needs is not more discussions of closing it, chat, etc. the solution is just moving on.
4.0 and 5.0 were kinda disliked during their lifespan but still we had some epic moments without the need of randomly posting images... and 6.0 should have that chance to shine too.

Inb4 thread has nostalgic episodes
Yeah I agree. In my eyes, ****posting should only be used when "appropriate." We can't just overuse it or else it loses its flare. Let's leave it in the shed and move on. Have some healthy discussions for once.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Yes, I have noticed many cycles.

May I point out that the Project M Social is superior in this regard?
They're much more chill. They still have general topics they touch on though. In that way, cycles aren't bad.

Badposting for badposting's sake seems to be the problem here.

There is a clear and easy solution for one of the cyclic conversations, then. Ban the people that badpost for its own sake.
That way, the discussions about chats, caused by dissatisfaction of the user experience here in this thread, would begin to clear up.
Someone get a bar of soap. Going to clean my mind...not
Dang it, I had a feeling someone might do that.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I understand but Imma go on off,

I dont feel like being here right now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's awfully silly. They don't have to defend anything since the right is there.
More importantly, the moderators have the right to deprive them of that right.
At that point, it becomes "defend their right to post, period."
After all, participation on the Smashboards servers is completely voluntary and non-compulsory, therefore the owners have the absolute right to arbitrate it however they please.
Which is why I thought it was funny. :4pacman:

lol social thread diplomacy and politics.

It's not srs bzns and it's also not hard to stay within the lines of rules given. That's the long and short of it. People are overthinking it and either a) letting it get to them too much or b) pushing authoritative buttons 'cause its funny. So I agree, but I wouldn't put it in those words.

They're much more chill. They still have general topics they touch on though. In that way, cycles aren't bad.
Any moment you get, eh, MonK4? :troll:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Amen sister.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys it's really not hard to post meaningfully. The point of a social thread isn't to post like you're in an IRC chat or on a Twitch stream; it's for conversations that would be deemed off topic elsewhere.

Also I should mention that you shouldn't spark discussions about starting an off-site Skype or IRC chat, as it gets into murky waters with our advertisement policy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Which is why I thought it was funny. :4pacman:

lol social thread diplomacy and politics.

It's not srs bzns and it's also not hard to stay within the lines of rules given.

Any moment you get, eh, MonK4? :troll:
Nah, man. I care about you all, and I only point to a better community with the same exact system / structure because I think this community can learn something from them.

It's oxymoronic to say that if we want zero drama, chill, etc. we have to be serious about enforcing the rules.
It's partially true. Some of the rules are whack, yo, but the good ones should be. That brings up inconsistency, and the inertia required to change the stupid rules is great.

Either way, ja'mon.
It's pretty chill now rite guize?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im pretty sure 2.0 and 3.0 had barely any **** posting. I still say thats the golden era of Smash 4 Social.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, as well, it'd be better if people didn't make such a big deal over other people getting banned. It needlessly draws attention to an issue that shouldn't be dwelled on.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Also I should mention that you shouldn't spark discussions about starting an off-site Skype or IRC chat, as it gets into murky waters with our advertisement policy.
That should be a more enforced rule tbh; everytime someone mentions that (even when joking) not only feels like this place is getting despised, but also is like igniting a fire again.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
What is it?
This glorious piece of beauty.

Only funny if you know the English lyrics translations of Ginyu Tokusentai.

THE TRUE GINYU TOKUSENTAI ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Flight: My name is Flight
I've got the largest post count
I’m Flight and I’ll always be “bored” (What’s up!!)
With my Ultra Detailed Art Topics
I'll sweep all the ****posts away

CaptainLucario: I'm CaptainLucario
The Cyan Sorta-****poster, Wow!!
I believe strongly my tastes are unmatched

Both: Yes we are!!
We've just arrived!! The most frequent posters in the universe
We even infract rouge ****posters
We're the FalKoopa Social Squad
Yes we are!!
We'll show you our Special Fighting Post
You should “Like” it for it’s beauty (Social Squad Rules!! x4)

SpaceStranger: I'm Space Stranger
Call me "The ****posting Ranger"
I'm the Social Squad's Number 2 man
Shall I entertain you with my ****posts??
And by "****" I don't mean low in quality

Oboro: Oboro, that's me
I'm The Professor’s Apprentice! Wow!!
I'm a real lover of traps

Both: Yes we are!!
We're the best in the world, The FalKoopa Sociall Squad
Yes we are!!
We've decided on Hunger Games as our afternoon topic
And we won't allow you to win (Social Squad Rules!! x4)

FalKoopa: I'm FalKoopa
The one called Moderator
You'd better show me all of your power
I'll fight for the sake of Lord Warchamp7
I don't care who you are,
I'll keep you in line (INFRACTION!!)

You shouldn’t be scared though
How about now I show you
My posts of joy?

All: Yes we are!!
I hate salad and toys though I don't know why
Yes we are!!
We settle it all in Smash,
Since that's nice and fair
Smashers are fair
You'd better remember that (Special Squad x4)

Yes we are!!
We even subdue ****posting cowboys
We're the FalKoopa Social Squad
Yes we are!!
We'll show you our Special Fighting Post!!
You should “Like” it for its beauty (Special Squad x4)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys it's really not hard to post meaningfully. The point of a social thread isn't to post like you're in an IRC chat or on a Twitch stream; it's for conversations that would be deemed off topic elsewhere.
You right, doe.

Forgive me, but, that's bull.
Interpreting or stretching rules in dubious ways to shut down certain conversations shouldn't be happening.
And, trust me, I don't say this because I'm involved in that conversation.

Last edited:

Soul.

Ever since this thread was made we've been doing the following, and I don't mean to hate but:
Post memes → ****post → talk about a random new topic for a while → go back to ****posting and memes → repeat
That's all we do in this thread. Nothing more. It gets stale as hell for what it is unarguably the most active thread on the website. It's kinda depressing (yes maybe I'm overreacting). Every other thread struggles to be as active as this one.

I have been here since late 2.0; I'm not leaving. That and 3.0 were really fun; 4.0 was only good because of that Top Gun/PMD discussion around pages 1980-1987. 5.0 was meh, and 6.0 as of right now is like being on a circus.

Not talking about Skype is fine by me, but please don't think of it as if it really were to damage this thread's existence one way or another. We've made a group before (the moment 2.0 was locked) and it didn't do anything to this thread or its predecessors. I know it leads to arguments and the like, but still.

Again, I don't mean to hate. It's just what I think about this.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only chat i use has people that dont go to Smashboards.. Well one guy has an account but he posted like twice last year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You right, doe.

Forgive me, but, that's bull****.
Interpreting or stretching rules in dubious ways to shut down certain conversations should't be happening.
And, trust me, I don't say this because I'm involved in that conversation.
It's part of our Ad policy that people shouldn't direct others offsite in a way that competes with Smashboards, in this case, using a different service as an alternative to the Social thread, and thereby diverting traffic away from the main site.

All I'm saying is it can easily become a situation that can spiral out of control in an even worse way, so it's best to try to quell it before it gets to the point of no return.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's part of our Ad policy that people shouldn't direct others offsite in a way that competes with Smashboards, in this case, using a different service as an alternative to the Social thread, and thereby diverting traffic away from the main site.

All I'm saying is it can easily become a situation that can spiral out of control in an even worse way, so it's best to try to quell it before it gets to the point of no return.
Makes sense

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Yes, I have noticed many cycles.

Badposting for badposting's sake seems to be the problem here.

There is a clear and easy solution for one of the cyclic conversations, then. Ban the people that badpost for its own sake.
That way, the discussions about chats, caused by dissatisfaction of the user experience here in this thread, would begin to clear up.
Dang it, I had a feeling someone might do that.
from the PM social
BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN UP IN DIS DASHOISJKLADSML<FS DWMSAKFEESGEHJIGONJJJJJJ

LOL M2K LOL M2K LOL M2K LOL M2K

MEME MEME MEME MEMEEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

****POST ****POST ****POST****POST****POSTSHSIODHJDSJKLFASFJASKLDFJLASDFEA

HAHhahahHHAHAHSIFLDGJ11111!!!!!!!

RUNESCAPERUNESSPEAARADS;KCESOAFPFEKAPSF,AEFAEF

YER ALL LOW LVL SHTPSTN SKRBS KLL YRSLF M8 AYY LMAO NIECE MEIME NEICO MEYMAO

WTFWTFWWTFWT TFW WTF TWF FWT TFWEFEFKDA
RE: RE: RE: RE: HeyGuys Kappa OSkomodo PogChamp

WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO

JKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJ DO IT FAMFAMFAMFAMFAMFAMAFMASMFAKERAL F

FSMASH = FAM SMASH

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNfoxQRSTUVWXYZ

ORIGINAL DANK ORIGINAL DANK

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM
PAMS????? PAMS - A = PMS

47 CONFIRMED

BLAME STRONG BAD AMIRITE

I NOTICED YU MIRIN MY MEMES WELL **** OFF BB GORL NO CONSENSUAL PLATONIC BUTT RUBBING TONIGHT

A;ODSJFKLADSMGAGS;RLGT,ARE

RSGSDFGDX
I like the PM social more than this one as well but there is some mad **** posting on there too

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Also, as well, it'd be better if people didn't make such a big deal over other people getting banned. It needlessly draws attention to an issue that shouldn't be dwelled on.
And this is why Chrom should be in Smash.
*AHEM* Why yes Milord. You are correct. It shouldn't be a problem to post meaningfully. I certainly doubt that I'm inept at that, considering how some discussions off-site go. Still, I see no problem with starting off-site conversations, as not everything can and/or should be discussed on the forum. Though I understand what you mean. It's more of a preemptive strike to prevent possible mishaps and loss of activity, even if the possibility is relatively low.
And on the second point on the b& discussion, it is more troublesome making a big deal out of something that shouldn't be highlighted at all. Having dealt with that IRL, it's incredibly annoying to find that it's no different anywhere else. Still that's just my opinion as a result of my experiences.
TL;DR
Chrom is best husbando.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah, man. I care about you all, and I only point to a better community with the same exact system / structure because I think this community can learn something from them.

It's oxymoronic to say that if we want zero drama, chill, etc. we have to be serious about enforcing the rules.
It's partially true. Some of the rules are whack, yo, but the good ones should be. That brings up inconsistency, and the inertia required to change the stupid rules is great.

Either way, ja'mon.
It's pretty chill now rite guize?
The only thing I've learned from them so far is that pointing out when a social thread enters the territory of another thread, it's chill and totally jokes brah to point it out and ***** about it :troll:

I'm kidding, of course, though I think it's just a different atmosphere. I prefer talking to other people who like the same game I like is all. Project M is fun but you know I like Smash 4 more. I don't think it's a case of "better quality" than preference. I wouldn't have fun in that social thread (cue "oh is sm4sh social crybabying again :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: " /s) hahahaha.

And of course, it would be silly to say we have to be serious about 'enforcing' rules since we can't do that anyway :4pacman:. And yes, some of the rules are pretty uh... pointless, but simple things like "don't ****post too much guys" isn't too unreasonable, right?

*shrug* And the rules that are rather stupid have only affected... well, virtually nobody. The cropped porn avatar thing only really happened to the one person (as unfortunate as that is) and I can only disagree with the rule, not rally to have such a petty thing changed.

There are better things to do with my time.
...like apparently participate in completely optional social thread that's having a dumb existential crisis for no reason.
And for some reason, that's not a turn off for me.

tl;dr: i don't care, everyone will stop being stupid eventually and even if they didn't it's a silly thing to dwell on.

I don't recall anybody being genuinely upset over it (i.e. making a big deal out of it). A few people made jokes and asked what happened but that was it; However, point still stands and I agree.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*clap clap* Alrighty, time to loosen up this tenseness.
Yesterday, I found out that this guy 30 years ago acted as the main character in Karate Kid:

Ralph Macchio. I had a hard time believing he was 23 when he starred in the movie, much less acting as a high school senior. And he's supposed to be 53 in the pic on the right. Well, I shouldn't be surprised since I have the same Puberty-Prohibiting X gene Macchio and many other actors have. Still, it's pretty cool there are people like him that exist.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*clap clap* Alrighty, time to loosen up this tenseness.
Yesterday, I found out that this guy 30 years ago acted as the main character in Karate Kid:

Ralph Macchio. I had a hard time believing he was 23 when he starred in the movie, much less acting as a high school senior. And he's supposed to be 53 in the pic on the right. Well, I shouldn't be surprised since I have the same Puberty-Prohibiting X gene Macchio and many other actors have. Still, it's pretty cool there's people like him that exist.
He's injected some of whatever drug Sakurai is taking.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
There are better things to do with my time.
...like apparently participate in completely optional social thread that's having a dumb existential crisis for no reason.
And for some reason, that's not a turn off for me.
We're having existential crisis? What? Pretty sure we're here just to enjoy each other's company. and occassionally ****post.
hold up going to update my list of turn offs BRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom