• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, in case you don't follow me on twitter......this happened:

Screenshot from 2016-06-12 11-53-36.png

FalKoopa FalKoopa (might also interest @Flight too), I am no longer goign to use Linux Mint, but instead, I am now going to use Arch Linux for......probably the rest of my life lol :)

BUT ALDE, falkoopa migth say, WHY THE DJBDHCBDHCYCBYD???

Well, it;s a long story so, I'll first cover why I felt to NOT use Linux Mint so suddenly.

Because Linux Mint is awesome! You jsut isntall it and omg the os has everything you need, it has a lot of support so google helps, most of the stuff are easy to use and you have a quite high degree of doign whatever the freak you want because it's linux!

.....except that there is some drawbacks that ONLY 2 DAYS AGO, I realised how annoying they were in long term. See, Ubuntu, Linux Mint and even Debian does what's called a "fixed" release cycle what it means is that periodically, the os gets upgraded with the newest (but not always the greatest, more on that later) packages AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF THE RELEASE! They do this because they could first check the newest packages, test them and fix as many bugs as possible to make the os VERY solid and stable in the long run so for a distro made to be user friendly......yeah it's a smart decision. The packages still gets developped and updated, the fixed release distros will jsut not care to do it between releases unless it;'s very improtant like security and stuff.

So, the idea here is you get (it takes soem time granted) potentially outdated software that won't get updated until.....months or 2 freaking years in the case of mint. Debian stable is worse, it's undetermined, but it takes soem years, altough debain testing is constantly updated untill a deep freeze which takes 6 months, but anyway, you get the idea, in long term, you are missing out, but it;s rock solid.

So, for me, why did this became a problem?

Because I keep wanting to run the lattest stuff for multiple reasons, higher ogl capabilities, bugfixes that I REALLY need (like that recording sampling rate or that bluez bug with wiiu pro controller), lattest dolphin for newest features, even compilers to compile these newer stuff. There's A LOT of reasons for me to get the lattest as fast as possible and unfortunately, mint is really hindering that because it keeps freezing their stuff so each 2 years, I have to reinstall......another annoying thing, why can't I jsut have updated packages and leave as that?

For short, it annoys me to wait and the other thing that I realised was slightly annyoing is, they expect you to not touch too much about critical stuf......but I do that a lot and with very good reasons. the fact they packaged the distros for you makes it hard to get what you need and what you don;t need and what is safe to be removed, or critical, it's harder to figure out on an os you didn;t even configured. Oh also, I am getting a lot of experience, if it;s broken, I coudl fix it so I don;t care too much on loosing stability.

There was an alternative which was to use debian testing in linux mint debian edition......that failed miserably when testing it in a vm I made. It's not designed to work anyway, but I tried.

So, I explored alternatives to fix this problem and this is where I heard about "rolling" releases distros.

What this means is the os gets only released once: the initial release and it is NEVER EVER released again, NEVER. Instead, what happens is the packages the os would have gets directly updates and the os will simply get them (though the user is responsible for this so he can decide what to upgrade and stuff). Only on one command, the user basically upgraded everything.

This has a couple of advantages. You never have to reinstall, you are always going the get the lattest releases, you are most likely will be able to run everything since everything is updated etc.... The thing to watch is because it rolls, it can mean that an upgrade can break stuff since, so it's less stable, but since the user is already responsible for what to upgrade......well it's also expected that you are responsible for fixing these. In other words, you get bleeding edge software, but you are responsible for the stability.

And the msot known distors using rolling releases is Arch Linux, but it took me some hours to realise why it's so appreciated.

So, finalyl I can describe it, what the freak is Arch Linux?

It is one of the most minimalistic distros you can get. It is designed around the principle of "DIY", you build the os, it;s not done for you, you install everything you need and nothign more. The install isn;t even done on gui, you have to do everything a graphical installer would.....in command line. And EVEN if you manage to isntall it, you are not getting a gui, you are still in command line and if you want the gui, jsut install it. EVEN the installation install the msot basic stuff.....don;t even expect to get the x server.....yes, you have to even install x.

As for how the isntallation of stuff works, pretty simple, it;s done with......pacman (NO, NOT THE GUY IN SSB4, NO).

ok it's stands for PACkage MANager ok? thanks.

anyway, it;s basically the apt-get of debian and derivatives, you can install, remove, upgrade and so on and so forth. The default repository are called the "community" one so everything in there is officially supported and you pick what you want and if there's updates, you LITTERALLY run jsut one command..... sudo pacman -Syu (that u from what I heard is VERY important so). Nothign too diffiferent, except that Arch Linux has one thing that imo makes it so awesome: the AUR

No, it;s not a country code, it's an acronym that stands for Arch User Repository. View it like a GIANT ppa made of all the ppas you can wish on earth, it;s basically that, but with a twist. These packages aren't binairies, they are sources and in fact, they are JUST build script. This does mean you have to git clone (there's programs that does make it a bit easier however), but the main difference is building. The packages are build script, they are DESIGNED to jsut work. this means that if soemthing goes wrong when building it, that means you can report the package maintainer or comment because it';s likely not your fault if it;s supposed to work (though, check the comments for fixes, erros can happen because of you, but the building is SUPPOSED to work).

So what's awesome about it?

It is managed by the Arch users, yes, everyone can submit packages (they of course get reviews and such). Because of this, it has EVERYTHING. I seriously mean everything, on the tests I did on a vm I made, they had the dolphin development branch, my twitch gui client I like to use, lattest mesa, LATTEST CITRA EVEN!, and probably everything that possibly exists since they are jsut using thir git sources and they make buildscripts. As for why not just community, well if the packages gets good enough, it is pushed to community, but there is so much on the aur that I don't expect them to maintain the very specific cases like me having the lattest dolphin all the time.

Oh and yes, these can be updated easilly because you build packages which pacman installs after so it knows where to check.

So, what about the install? iosn't it complicated?

......yes, took me 3 hours to get cinnamon running on a vm, around 1 hours on my real machine because of....a weird wifi card thing (i will tell my install adventure after :) ). The really good thing about this is, it;s SOOOOOOO well documented. God, this is NOT like ubuntu or mint, they tell EVERYTHING and they tell so much that you coudl read their wiki made for arch and it could apply to every linux distros with how much they tell you. They don't really guide you, they tell you how to do things. I learned in 3 hour:
  • how to create partitions in cli and format them
  • how to format partitions in cli
  • how systemd works and how to use it
  • how to setup the locale
  • how to setup a netowrk in cli
  • how to use pacman for basic uses
  • how to isntall X
  • how to install a dispaly manager and a desktop environeemnt
and many other things. because of this, I loved the experience, makes you relaise how linux works and how your os is going to work in details and you learn.

But here;s the thing, if I was able to do that withotu crying (though, I got help by someone I knew), I don't think a broken package can stop me tbh, you jsut downgrade it in worst cases.

So this is why I decided to switch, I wanted the lattest, I ddin;t care to be responsible for stability because I have 2 years of experience and I fidn the idea very interesting. bonus: it's a lot more customisable because you get jsut what you need and you can do everything. plus, the fact I can talkto you now means it;s fine (I still have a lot of stuff to do lol).

So want to know how the install went?

FalKoopa FalKoopa I think you'll love that story :)

So first, you burn an iso which is the lattest snapshot of the basic stuff, updated constantly. Even if it wasn;t one comamnd upgrades everything. One thing to note, the iso is 700 mb.....that;s 2 times less then mint cinnamon, wow!

So you boot to it and then you boot the 64bit (who uses 32 bit anyway?) and then......you get a command prompt on a root account......

OMG PANIC WHAT THE FREAK DO I DO??

well, I had a cell phone to check the beginner guide that tells you how to install and the steps to do it, but the cd kindly provides a txt files, altough, I will admit, that is a very trimmed version of the fuil guide, pls, use the full guide because otherwise, you might actully cry. a second tty can help here btw.

So the very first thing you should check is configure your internet. If it's wired, you are likely ok, if it;s wireless, there's a surpringly easy to use thing to connect to a network via cli, it;s not hard to use tbh. Now, here I ran into a problem where my card didn;t wnat to know anything so I switched to my old card and I could have a network, ping is usefull btw.

if you ahve internet, good, now you need to do the partitioning stuff. That actually.....is the hardest part lol. You have to do lots of command and read docs on how to put the partitions, what type they are and how long they are. Seriously, it's nothing like a gui, it's hard and annoying.

Next, give filesystem format, that honestly is very simple.

Next, you mount them which is......fairly easy because you mount them to /mnt and how you view it is view /mnt as your future / root of your os.

Before you chroot to it (you root AND change where you run), you do a little thign and this is where you install your stuff. It's quitew a lot and it will isntall essential stuff like gcc. After, a lot of little stuff, editiong locale files, eritting your hostname, configuring timezone, add a user, set password, etc.... you even have to tell that this user can use sudo, lol.

The final step really is to install the boot loader, I chose grub because I like it. It's.....very easy to install. After, you can fianlyl reboot into your new os (that btw, was the hardest of the thing).

OH NO COMMAND PROMPT HELP!

This is however where it starts to be fun. Your first priority is get a gui cause....cli is annoying. So you install x and here';s thign thing for you: X works by default. You don't have to configure it, you can, but you don't need to. This is what made me realise how....complicated the process of bulding the os is, but it;s not that badm, you jsut install stuff. After x comes the dispaly manager! here, I tried mdm, but.......mdm isn;t very friendly with systemd so I used gdm which is the gnome one. As for the desktop environemnt, I choose cinnamon because why the freak niot? iot was int he repos, I want it :)

After you enabled gdm and start it OMG THERE';S GRAPHICS!

WE MADE IT!

After you realise how itchy your eyes from the light (lol), you can login and you get a VERY basic environemnt, even worse than windows basic.

Btw, I spent 30 minutes tryign to fix soemthign because cinnamon was jsut displaying the background and nothign else so I was annoyed to not have my panel and then I eventually relaised "oh, it;s not set as the primairy monitor......FAIL!". yeah :(

Anyway this is where you install basic stuff like pulseaudio or bluez for bluetooth, firefox and such. You now have a basic system and you can do anything to it, even lick it if you're into it!

I just got some stuff fixed here like I isntalled lots of font packs so JP characters works, but yhe idea here is you start VERY barebones. Like, seriosuly, I coudln;t even do ifconfig because you need to isntall net-tools......yeah it;s very basic.

Because of this, it's goign to be as light as it can be and ONLY have what you want.

And it;s also never goign to be behind in software so never need to upgrade :)

This is why I switched, I love the idea, and I can;t wait to see where this will lead me. Now, I do wonder, FalKoopa FalKoopa , would you be ready for this adventure? :)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm not sure if this is the best place to be talking about gun control.
To be fair, it is a social thread which intends to prompt discussion from a wide range of topics but maybe the issue is more suitable for the Debate Hall.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I heard about what happened in Orlando. My condolences to those affected by this tragedy. At least 50 dead, and at least 53 wounded. What a ****ed up world we live in, indeed.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'll never understand homophobia. Never.
Not once have I seen an actual argument against LGBTs that was not: a) Completely incorrect b) a logical fallacy or c) based on religion.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I'm just shocked. I just can't comprehend, how can someone just go and kill so many people with no actual reason. No one should die like that.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Not to pile things on but.....

Every time I hear something like this go down my first thought is always this: Why weren't there any armed individuals among the victims of the attack? The attacker is always the only one armed in these situations and it always goes down the same way. And every time it happens, there are always talks of increasing efforts toward gun control (which doesn't help matters, actually making them worse). Had there been some armed citizens there, a different outcome would definitely have been possible.

It's sad, but no one can stop these events from occurring. The most that anyone can do is be prepared for when it does happen, and that means being armed and ready to do what it takes to survive. Any chance to make it out alive is better than no chance at all.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Me and my family at church have been really praying for Orlando. I really want to do more than just that, but since I can't, I can only trust that there's someone out there working to prevent more tragedies like this from happening. That's all I have to say.

----------------------

Today was another busy day practicing voice acting. So far, out of my 27 auditions, I've been cast for the Mega Man X Let's Play project as Chill Penguin (recording here). I auditioned for Link and Sora, two roles I've always wanted to land for a long time. Link's voice is pretty much up to interpretation, but I've got some ways to go before I can nail Haley Joel Osment's Sora voice. I'll probably remake my signature to include my Casting Call Club profile (which is here) in case you guys want to look at how I'm doing in my voice acting adventure.

After that, I decided to look back at the first project I auditioned for: the Nekopara English Fandub, and so far, one role's been cast- Chocola. Noticing this, I decided to click on the audition that sealed the deal.

And holy cow. She's good.

Hearing that makes me pretty anxious. The cutoff for auditions is Jun 30, and the people who auditioned for the catgirls are really good. However, Kashou's going to be tough to cast since he has no JP dub to refer to. It's all up to the director's discretion and his "vision" when it comes to things like this. I won't be disappointed if I don't get cast, but then again, the very idea of voicing the protagonist of a very popular visual novel.......

It's too enticing not to fantasize.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair, it is a social thread which intends to prompt discussion from a wide range of topics but maybe the issue is more suitable for the Debate Hall.
I said that as a precaution as those debates tend to spiral out of control. If you want to seriously talk, go ahead.

Every time I hear something like this go down my first thought is always this: Why weren't there any armed individuals among the victims of the attack? The attacker is always the only one armed in these situations and it always goes down the same way. And every time it happens, there are always talks of increasing efforts toward gun control (which doesn't help matters, actually making them worse). Had there been some armed citizens there, a different outcome would definitely have been possible.

It's sad, but no one can stop these events from occurring. The most that anyone can do is be prepared for when it does happen, and that means being armed and ready to do what it takes to survive. Any chance to make it out alive is better than no chance at all.
More people having guns adds to the paranoia. I don't know if that can be chalked up to culture, but I wouldn't feel safe if more people in the street had guns even for self-defence.

Then again, he had a semi-automatic gun and a few explosives, I don't think someone armed with a pistol might have been able to do much.
Me and my family at church have been really praying for Orlando. I really want to do more than just that, but since I can't, I can only trust that there's someone out there working to prevent more tragedies like this from happening. That's all I have to say.

----------------------

Today was another busy day practicing voice acting. So far, out of my 27 auditions, I've been cast for the Mega Man X Let's Play project as Chill Penguin (recording here). I auditioned for Link and Sora, two roles I've always wanted to land for a long time. Link's voice is pretty much up to interpretation, but I've got some ways to go before I can nail Haley Joel Osment's Sora voice. I'll probably remake my signature to include my Casting Call Club profile (which is here) in case you guys want to look at how I'm doing in my voice acting adventure.

After that, I decided to look back at the first project I auditioned for: the Nekopara English Fandub, and so far, one role's been cast- Chocola. Noticing this, I decided to click on the audition that sealed the deal.

And holy cow. She's good.

Hearing that makes me pretty anxious. The cutoff for auditions is Jun 30, and the people who auditioned for the catgirls are really good. However, Kashou's going to be tough to cast since he has no JP dub to refer to. It's all up to the director's discretion and his "vision" when it comes to things like this. I won't be disappointed if I don't get cast, but then again, the very idea of voicing the protagonist of a very popular visual novel.......

It's too enticing not to fantasize.
I still find it hard to believe that an eroge of all things is getting a fan dub. That's something. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to what comes out of it.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)

So, in case you don't follow me on twitter......this happened:

View attachment 109742

FalKoopa FalKoopa (might also interest @Flight too), I am no longer goign to use Linux Mint, but instead, I am now going to use Arch Linux for......probably the rest of my life lol :)

BUT ALDE, falkoopa migth say, WHY THE DJBDHCBDHCYCBYD???

Well, it;s a long story so, I'll first cover why I felt to NOT use Linux Mint so suddenly.

Because Linux Mint is awesome! You jsut isntall it and omg the os has everything you need, it has a lot of support so google helps, most of the stuff are easy to use and you have a quite high degree of doign whatever the freak you want because it's linux!

.....except that there is some drawbacks that ONLY 2 DAYS AGO, I realised how annoying they were in long term. See, Ubuntu, Linux Mint and even Debian does what's called a "fixed" release cycle what it means is that periodically, the os gets upgraded with the newest (but not always the greatest, more on that later) packages AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF THE RELEASE! They do this because they could first check the newest packages, test them and fix as many bugs as possible to make the os VERY solid and stable in the long run so for a distro made to be user friendly......yeah it's a smart decision. The packages still gets developped and updated, the fixed release distros will jsut not care to do it between releases unless it;'s very improtant like security and stuff.

So, the idea here is you get (it takes soem time granted) potentially outdated software that won't get updated until.....months or 2 freaking years in the case of mint. Debian stable is worse, it's undetermined, but it takes soem years, altough debain testing is constantly updated untill a deep freeze which takes 6 months, but anyway, you get the idea, in long term, you are missing out, but it;s rock solid.

So, for me, why did this became a problem?

Because I keep wanting to run the lattest stuff for multiple reasons, higher ogl capabilities, bugfixes that I REALLY need (like that recording sampling rate or that bluez bug with wiiu pro controller), lattest dolphin for newest features, even compilers to compile these newer stuff. There's A LOT of reasons for me to get the lattest as fast as possible and unfortunately, mint is really hindering that because it keeps freezing their stuff so each 2 years, I have to reinstall......another annoying thing, why can't I jsut have updated packages and leave as that?

For short, it annoys me to wait and the other thing that I realised was slightly annyoing is, they expect you to not touch too much about critical stuf......but I do that a lot and with very good reasons. the fact they packaged the distros for you makes it hard to get what you need and what you don;t need and what is safe to be removed, or critical, it's harder to figure out on an os you didn;t even configured. Oh also, I am getting a lot of experience, if it;s broken, I coudl fix it so I don;t care too much on loosing stability.

There was an alternative which was to use debian testing in linux mint debian edition......that failed miserably when testing it in a vm I made. It's not designed to work anyway, but I tried.

So, I explored alternatives to fix this problem and this is where I heard about "rolling" releases distros.

What this means is the os gets only released once: the initial release and it is NEVER EVER released again, NEVER. Instead, what happens is the packages the os would have gets directly updates and the os will simply get them (though the user is responsible for this so he can decide what to upgrade and stuff). Only on one command, the user basically upgraded everything.

This has a couple of advantages. You never have to reinstall, you are always going the get the lattest releases, you are most likely will be able to run everything since everything is updated etc.... The thing to watch is because it rolls, it can mean that an upgrade can break stuff since, so it's less stable, but since the user is already responsible for what to upgrade......well it's also expected that you are responsible for fixing these. In other words, you get bleeding edge software, but you are responsible for the stability.

And the msot known distors using rolling releases is Arch Linux, but it took me some hours to realise why it's so appreciated.

So, finalyl I can describe it, what the freak is Arch Linux?

It is one of the most minimalistic distros you can get. It is designed around the principle of "DIY", you build the os, it;s not done for you, you install everything you need and nothign more. The install isn;t even done on gui, you have to do everything a graphical installer would.....in command line. And EVEN if you manage to isntall it, you are not getting a gui, you are still in command line and if you want the gui, jsut install it. EVEN the installation install the msot basic stuff.....don;t even expect to get the x server.....yes, you have to even install x.

As for how the isntallation of stuff works, pretty simple, it;s done with......pacman (NO, NOT THE GUY IN SSB4, NO).

ok it's stands for PACkage MANager ok? thanks.

anyway, it;s basically the apt-get of debian and derivatives, you can install, remove, upgrade and so on and so forth. The default repository are called the "community" one so everything in there is officially supported and you pick what you want and if there's updates, you LITTERALLY run jsut one command..... sudo pacman -Syu (that u from what I heard is VERY important so). Nothign too diffiferent, except that Arch Linux has one thing that imo makes it so awesome: the AUR

No, it;s not a country code, it's an acronym that stands for Arch User Repository. View it like a GIANT ppa made of all the ppas you can wish on earth, it;s basically that, but with a twist. These packages aren't binairies, they are sources and in fact, they are JUST build script. This does mean you have to git clone (there's programs that does make it a bit easier however), but the main difference is building. The packages are build script, they are DESIGNED to jsut work. this means that if soemthing goes wrong when building it, that means you can report the package maintainer or comment because it';s likely not your fault if it;s supposed to work (though, check the comments for fixes, erros can happen because of you, but the building is SUPPOSED to work).

So what's awesome about it?

It is managed by the Arch users, yes, everyone can submit packages (they of course get reviews and such). Because of this, it has EVERYTHING. I seriously mean everything, on the tests I did on a vm I made, they had the dolphin development branch, my twitch gui client I like to use, lattest mesa, LATTEST CITRA EVEN!, and probably everything that possibly exists since they are jsut using thir git sources and they make buildscripts. As for why not just community, well if the packages gets good enough, it is pushed to community, but there is so much on the aur that I don't expect them to maintain the very specific cases like me having the lattest dolphin all the time.

Oh and yes, these can be updated easilly because you build packages which pacman installs after so it knows where to check.

So, what about the install? iosn't it complicated?

......yes, took me 3 hours to get cinnamon running on a vm, around 1 hours on my real machine because of....a weird wifi card thing (i will tell my install adventure after :) ). The really good thing about this is, it;s SOOOOOOO well documented. God, this is NOT like ubuntu or mint, they tell EVERYTHING and they tell so much that you coudl read their wiki made for arch and it could apply to every linux distros with how much they tell you. They don't really guide you, they tell you how to do things. I learned in 3 hour:
  • how to create partitions in cli and format them
  • how to format partitions in cli
  • how systemd works and how to use it
  • how to setup the locale
  • how to setup a netowrk in cli
  • how to use pacman for basic uses
  • how to isntall X
  • how to install a dispaly manager and a desktop environeemnt
and many other things. because of this, I loved the experience, makes you relaise how linux works and how your os is going to work in details and you learn.

But here;s the thing, if I was able to do that withotu crying (though, I got help by someone I knew), I don't think a broken package can stop me tbh, you jsut downgrade it in worst cases.

So this is why I decided to switch, I wanted the lattest, I ddin;t care to be responsible for stability because I have 2 years of experience and I fidn the idea very interesting. bonus: it's a lot more customisable because you get jsut what you need and you can do everything. plus, the fact I can talkto you now means it;s fine (I still have a lot of stuff to do lol).

So want to know how the install went?

FalKoopa FalKoopa I think you'll love that story :)

So first, you burn an iso which is the lattest snapshot of the basic stuff, updated constantly. Even if it wasn;t one comamnd upgrades everything. One thing to note, the iso is 700 mb.....that;s 2 times less then mint cinnamon, wow!

So you boot to it and then you boot the 64bit (who uses 32 bit anyway?) and then......you get a command prompt on a root account......

OMG PANIC WHAT THE FREAK DO I DO??

well, I had a cell phone to check the beginner guide that tells you how to install and the steps to do it, but the cd kindly provides a txt files, altough, I will admit, that is a very trimmed version of the fuil guide, pls, use the full guide because otherwise, you might actully cry. a second tty can help here btw.

So the very first thing you should check is configure your internet. If it's wired, you are likely ok, if it;s wireless, there's a surpringly easy to use thing to connect to a network via cli, it;s not hard to use tbh. Now, here I ran into a problem where my card didn;t wnat to know anything so I switched to my old card and I could have a network, ping is usefull btw.

if you ahve internet, good, now you need to do the partitioning stuff. That actually.....is the hardest part lol. You have to do lots of command and read docs on how to put the partitions, what type they are and how long they are. Seriously, it's nothing like a gui, it's hard and annoying.

Next, give filesystem format, that honestly is very simple.

Next, you mount them which is......fairly easy because you mount them to /mnt and how you view it is view /mnt as your future / root of your os.

Before you chroot to it (you root AND change where you run), you do a little thign and this is where you install your stuff. It's quitew a lot and it will isntall essential stuff like gcc. After, a lot of little stuff, editiong locale files, eritting your hostname, configuring timezone, add a user, set password, etc.... you even have to tell that this user can use sudo, lol.

The final step really is to install the boot loader, I chose grub because I like it. It's.....very easy to install. After, you can fianlyl reboot into your new os (that btw, was the hardest of the thing).

OH NO COMMAND PROMPT HELP!

This is however where it starts to be fun. Your first priority is get a gui cause....cli is annoying. So you install x and here';s thign thing for you: X works by default. You don't have to configure it, you can, but you don't need to. This is what made me realise how....complicated the process of bulding the os is, but it;s not that badm, you jsut install stuff. After x comes the dispaly manager! here, I tried mdm, but.......mdm isn;t very friendly with systemd so I used gdm which is the gnome one. As for the desktop environemnt, I choose cinnamon because why the freak niot? iot was int he repos, I want it :)

After you enabled gdm and start it OMG THERE';S GRAPHICS!

WE MADE IT!

After you realise how itchy your eyes from the light (lol), you can login and you get a VERY basic environemnt, even worse than windows basic.

Btw, I spent 30 minutes tryign to fix soemthign because cinnamon was jsut displaying the background and nothign else so I was annoyed to not have my panel and then I eventually relaised "oh, it;s not set as the primairy monitor......FAIL!". yeah :(

Anyway this is where you install basic stuff like pulseaudio or bluez for bluetooth, firefox and such. You now have a basic system and you can do anything to it, even lick it if you're into it!

I just got some stuff fixed here like I isntalled lots of font packs so JP characters works, but yhe idea here is you start VERY barebones. Like, seriosuly, I coudln;t even do ifconfig because you need to isntall net-tools......yeah it;s very basic.

Because of this, it's goign to be as light as it can be and ONLY have what you want.

And it;s also never goign to be behind in software so never need to upgrade :)

This is why I switched, I love the idea, and I can;t wait to see where this will lead me. Now, I do wonder, FalKoopa FalKoopa , would you be ready for this adventure? :)
I had tried Manjaro Linux once, which is often billed as a more user-friendly version of Arch Linux. I suppose I could dip my toes into that again.

Honestly, I don't have that much of a reason to switch from Mint. I just want an OS that can do the majority of the stuff I want and is efficient. Windows 7 does a good job. So does Mint.

Although, in my testing, I've found that Ubuntu-based distros are often slower than others. This was most glaring in OpenSUSE, as Gnome was working smoothly in OpenSUSE, while Ubuntu Gnome was oh-god-so-slow and choppy. I've been debating switching to other distros for a while, actually, but I don't have a reliable internet connection at home, so I'm not switching yet.

I heard that AUR is about as expansive as Ubuntu's software catalog, so I may try it later in July.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I said that as a precaution as those debates tend to spiral out of control. If you want to seriously talk, go ahead.

More people having guns adds to the paranoia. I don't know if that can be chalked up to culture, but I wouldn't feel safe if more people in the street had guns even for self-defence.

Then again, he had a semi-automatic gun and a few explosives, I don't think someone armed with a pistol might have been able to do much.

I still find it hard to believe that an eroge of all things is getting a fan dub. That's something. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to what comes out of it.

I had tried Manjaro Linux once, which is often billed as a more user-friendly version of Arch Linux. I suppose I could dip my toes into that again.

Honestly, I don't have that much of a reason to switch from Mint. I just want an OS that can do the majority of the stuff I want and is efficient. Windows 7 does a good job. So does Mint.

Although, in my testing, I've found that Ubuntu-based distros are often slower than others. This was most glaring in OpenSUSE, as Gnome was working smoothly in OpenSUSE, while Ubuntu Gnome was oh-god-so-slow and choppy. I've been debating switching to other distros for a while, actually, but I don't have a reliable internet connection at home, so I'm not switching yet.

I heard that AUR is about as expansive as Ubuntu's software catalog, so I may try it later in July.
aur is the best thing ever next to bread :)

Look, I FOUND FREAKING DOLPHIN-GIT IN DEBUGFAST!

This means the lattest build from git WITH DEBUGFAST!

They had vgmstream and god it;s too good.

Like you never will have to do obscure stuff like build the package yourself, these scripts are done for you

And that sweet rolling release.....omg I love it :)

EDIT: jsut got a gcc update :)

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Now I'm definitely not saying that everyone should have guns, as there are people out there that really shouldn't. But more of the responsible ones who are armed might make possible assailants think twice before they start shooting things up. If your attacker knows you are armed, they'll most likely choose a target that isn't.

Sure, one pistol might not do much, but one good shot is all it takes.

But enough about that.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So in case no one has heard the news, Zygarde's 10% and Complete Formes will be playable in Pokemon Sun and Moon. They were confirmed during Taiwan's National Championships.

Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are finally official. Both moves were in the coding for X/Y, and as expected, they are Zygarde's moves. Zygarde 10% changes into the Complete Forme thanks to its new ability "Swarm Change." From the looks of it, Swarm Change allows Zygarde to change into its Complete Forme if it is in a pinch. Zygarde's Complete Forme has a new attack named "Core Punisher." It's that Z-like beam attack you see in the footage. I'm guessing that move will either be Dragon-type or Ground-type, and it will probably be exclusive to the Complete Forme.

I'm really happy that we will be seeing Zygarde's new forms in the upcoming games after all! I only hope is that if "Swarm Change" is the only way Zygarde transforms into its Complete Forme, it will regain full HP upon transformation. That way, it'd be more usable. I also wonder if we will still receive an item in the games that will allow us to tranform Zygarde into its Complete Forme on its own.

And CoroCoro has revealed two new Pokemon. One is that dog Pokemon that was accidentally leaked, the other is our first Koala Pokemon. Pokebeach has all the details on that.
I hate to say this, but it looks like Pokemon is just becoming Transformers and Digimon now to the point where there sin't anything original. All I want for Gen 7 is new Pokemon and more evolutions to old Pokemon like Seviper, Zangoose, etc that would make them look better competitive and personal wise.

My heart really goes to Orlando. What happened Saturdayu night is inexcusable. The fact that it looks like a hate crime angers me with being bisexual. I haven't been to a bar in over a year, and what we are being surrounding with just don't make any sense anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hate to say this, but it looks like Pokemon is just becoming Transformers and Digimon now to the point where there sin't anything original. All I want for Gen 7 is new Pokemon and more evolutions to old Pokemon like Seviper, Zangoose, etc that would make them look better competitive and personal wise.
The main reason for why we'll never really see any old Pokemon get new evolutions is because of the Eviolite item being present. To maintain consistency, Pokemon who can't use the Eviolite in the 5th and 6th generations can't use it in the 7th generation as well.

As such, Pokemon like Tauros, Zangoose, Seviper, and Farfetch'd will have to hope for a mega evolution, as mega evolutions are only given to fully evolved Pokemon, or any Pokemon who can't use the Eviolite.

Of course that's not to say that we can't get any pre-evolutions of the old Pokemon.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It took me two hours but I was finally able to set up my Motorola phone to work as a microphone with the computer. This will have to do till I get a new one for my birthday in July.

Yes. :4miibrawl:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The main reason for why we'll never really see any old Pokemon get new evolutions is because of the Eviolite item being present. To maintain consistency, Pokemon who can't use the Eviolite in the 5th and 6th generations can't use it in the 7th generation as well.

As such, Pokemon like Tauros, Zangoose, Seviper, and Farfetch'd will have to hope for a mega evolution, as mega evolutions are only given to fully evolved Pokemon, or any Pokemon who can't use the Eviolite.

Of course that's not to say that we can't get any pre-evolutions of the old Pokemon.
I guess I'm just not liking all the Mega Evolution since it's just a "cheap" way to battle rather than wishing what Pokemon could evolve and get new stats rather than a Mega. Maybe I'm in the minority that don't want so much to change. It's bad enough that YuGiOh changed too much to where I can't even play it anymore...

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799

There were armed guards at the club which immediately dismantles your first thought. But you know, maybe- just maybe- people shouldn't have access to a gun developed during the Vietnam War, FOR THE VIETNAM WAR. And you're also arguing that people who were clubbing should've had guns. They were all DRINKING. Because that's a great ****ing mix. I have to wait months and months to get on prescription drugs I need, but if I need an assault rifle it's practically an over the counter purchase by comparison. And I do not agree with the idea that everyone should be armed in case of an attacker. That just makes everyone more paranoid of each other, and a lot of gun injuries and deaths do happen by accident whether self-inflicted or misfiring. Guns in general do not make things safer, even for self-defense. Maybe this can be understood if we look at countries like Finland or Australia.

And don't confuse me for someone who isn't ignorant of the situation. I'm a few letters on the LGBT spectrum myself and I've been harassed at my job for it, and I'm scared of what might happen in public places because my girlfriend and I go out from time to time. And it's no coincidence that there have been attacks planned specifically during Pride Month. A gay club was shot up. Someone wanted to shoot up a pride parade. There was a terrorist attack on Target because they're accepting of transgender people. When trans people are murdered, the media treats their identities with no respect. Big name politicians publicly endorse people who want to commit genocide on gay people, and then when gay people are slaughtered because of that mindset being constantly spread, they do a 180 and act like they're disgusted by it. They refuse to give us rights and do their damnedest to pass 200 anti-LGBT bills and then pretend not to understand how this could happen. You can't just fix this problem by giving people guns to defend themselves with. This country has to be transformed to stop making hating LGBT people a normal mindset so that people don't want to go shoot up a place full of them because they saw two guys kissing.

Sorry for the rant. Never really got to talk about all of this yesterday because I was super busy, but it hit close to home. I'm gonna go eat some pancakes.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Auditioned for an Undertale Musical Project with a verse from Pure Imagination (here). Of course I tried out as Sans.

And of course, that song is now stuck in my head.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Where did you hear this? Or is this just speculation?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I guess I'm just not liking all the Mega Evolution since it's just a "cheap" way to battle rather than wishing what Pokemon could evolve and get new stats rather than a Mega. Maybe I'm in the minority that don't want so much to change. It's bad enough that YuGiOh changed too much to where I can't even play it anymore...
I love Mega Evolution because it's something that's not ridiculous.

It can give old 'Mons that have been struggling in the meta a well-needed surge in viability, and it can also force us to reevaluate what an "overpowered" 'Mon is. I'd hate only having normal Evos after Gen 6, because Megas are such an intriguing and inherently competetive mechanic that losing them for more normal evos doesn't feel right to me and it never will.

You need big changes in mechanics like this in order to keep players who aren't hardcore fans interested in buying the next games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I love Mega Evolution because it's something that's not ridiculous.

It can give old 'Mons that have been struggling in the meta a well-needed surge in viability, and it can also force us to reevaluate what an "overpowered" 'Mon is. I'd hate only having normal Evos after Gen 6, because Megas are such an intriguing and inherently competetive mechanic that losing them for more normal evos doesn't feel right to me and it never will.

You need big changes in mechanics like this in order to keep players who aren't hardcore fans interested in buying the next games.
I think the anime is enough of a promotion to keep the kids interested.

Speaking of Megas, I love them for similar reasons, but I hope it doesn't preclude the chances of previous gen Pokémon getting new evolutions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where did you hear this? Or is this just speculation?
It seems to be the new trend in the Pokemon series. The games have clearly kept Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the Undiscovered egg group, so I'm pretty sure that with the Eviolite being present now, for the Pokemon who are fully evolved in the 5th generation, they'll have to wish for mega evolutions now.

The only reason that Eevee got a new evolution in the 6th generation is because it was already compatible with the Eviolite before Sylveon came to existence.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It seems to be the new trend in the Pokemon series. The games have clearly kept Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the Undiscovered egg group, so I'm pretty sure that with the Eviolite being present now, for the Pokemon who are fully evolved in the 5th generation, they'll have to wish for mega evolutions now.

The only reason that Eevee got a new evolution in the 6th generation is because it was already compatible with the Eviolite before Sylveon came to existence.
I'm not understanding your point here. First of all, Evolite would still be compatible for Pokémon who get evolutions. Its just the actual evolution that can't use it. And editing who can use Evolite is possible, so if, for example, Smeargle, obtained an Evolution, then he would be labeled a Pre Evolution and would have access to Evolite. This is in no way a barrier that's forcing GameFreak to not make new evolutions. They just won't because milking M.E.s is the way to go.

And as for the She Nidos... I have absolutely zero idea why they're relevant to Evolite. :confused:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So, about these Mega Evolutions....

Ah screw it, GameFreak's gonna stretch out Pokemon's longevity with them for the next several generations.
On a side note, I'm just a little surprised they haven't already added a Mega Evolution for Pikachu. But that'll be the day the series dies.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ah screw it, GameFreak's gonna stretch out Pokemon's longevity with them for the next several generations.
On a side note, I'm just a little surprised they haven't already added a Mega Evolution for Pikachu. But that'll be the day the series dies.
Pikachu's an NFE Pokemon, so it will never get a Mega.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, about these Mega Evolutions....

Chances are, it'll be Raichu who gets the mega evolution, since it's fully evolved.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
5 upvotes on my audition as Kashou Minaduki so far. That means I have approximately a 33% chance of getting cast according to the few users on Casting Call Club who liked my audition and went so far as to click the up vote button. This percentage obviously doesn't account for the project director's decision making patterns (though he did tell me I did a good job).
*Anxiety intensifies*
Chances are, it'll be Raichu who gets the mega evolution, since it's fully evolved.

You guys know what I meant.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
5 upvotes on my audition as Kashou Minaduki so far. That means I have approximately a 33% chance of getting cast according to the few users on Casting Call Club who liked my audition and went so far as to click the up vote button. This percentage obviously doesn't account for the project director's decision making patterns (though he did tell me I did a good job).
*Anxiety intensifies*

You guys know what I meant.
You were making fun of Game Freak's obsession with Pikachu and plastering them everywhere (basically handing one to you in XY, and changing their cry to the God-awful anime one, then Costume Pikachu in ORAS) by saying that they might even break one of their defined gameplay rules that exist for a pretty good reason just to give Pikachu more coverage and have a bigger role in the actual games.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Please excuse my choice of words here because it's not very often that I would say this but...

HOLY MOTHER****ING **** MAN SONY JUST WON E-3 FOR ME! HOLY. ****ING. ****. OH MY ****ING GOD

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK *******!!!!

This is my only reason that I want a PS4 and this convinced me alone

#fanboy

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Over the weekend, I did work on some voice clip hacks for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser. I often found it odd that they were given realistic animal noises, instead of their usual voice clips from the Mario series titles.

I fixed that up myself, though I have noticed that my edits did cause Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to have their mouths hanging open after certain voice clips were played.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You were making fun of Game Freak's obsession with Pikachu and plastering them everywhere (basically handing one to you in XY, and changing their cry to the God-awful anime one, then Costume Pikachu in ORAS) by saying that they might even break one of their defined gameplay rules that exist for a pretty good reason just to give Pikachu more coverage and have a bigger role in the actual games.

You know what's funny? The joke wasn't meant to be taken like that. It was just a tiny brain fart I had. Then I reread what I said and just decided to go with it. Man, I'm slick.
Riachu will never get a mega.
Never say never, Oidn :026:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That didn't stop Slowbro. ¦D

So yeah, E3 so far. EA was boring, Xbox was actually good, Ubisoft was alright and Sony was amazing. <3

Can't wait to see Nintendo not do anything of significance tomorrow! :D

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Riachu will never get a mega.
Of course not. Now Raichu on the other hand, I feel has a chance to because after all, if Kangaskhan can, I don't see why anyone else can. And to be honest, Raichu needs some love.

By the way who's Riachu. Some new Pokemon leak? Sounds fake to me.

Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser haven't seen you in awhile. How's it going?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That didn't stop Slowbro. ¦D

So yeah, E3 so far. EA was boring, Xbox was actually good, Ubisoft was alright and Sony was amazing. <3

Can't wait to see Nintendo not do anything of significance tomorrow! :D
B-but Slowbro is fully evolved.

And hi. :3 How've you been?

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
Please excuse my choice of words here because it's not very often that I would say this but...

HOLY MOTHER****ING **** MAN SONY JUST WON E-3 FOR ME! HOLY. ****ING. ****. OH MY ****ING GOD

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK *******!!!!

This is my only reason that I want a PS4 and this convinced me alone

#fanboy

Eh, I would have liked a new Crash game myself than the remasters, but since they went that route they could've remastered Crash Team Racing.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Of course not. Now Raichu on the other hand, I feel has a chance to because after all, if Kangaskhan can, I don't see why anyone else can. And to be honest, Raichu needs some love.

By the way who's Riachu. Some new Pokemon leak? Sounds fake to me.
Raichu won't get one because Japan only has two viewpoints of Raichu: They either hate it or completely forget it exists. Heck, there isn't even much of a reason to even get one thanks to Light Ball Pikachu.

Poor Raichu. I do like Pikachu and Pichu tons more, but I feel for it. XD

B-but Slowbro is fully evolved.
Forgot that Slowking evolves from Slowpoke and not Slowbro. That always confused me. ¦D;

Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser haven't seen you in awhile. How's it going?
And hi. :3 How've you been?
I was called in as a hitman at my old highschool lady friend's wedding three weeks ago down in Virginia Beach! That was fun. =D

Other than that, not that great but decent enough to get by for now. I'm usually in the PM Social when I come on here. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom