• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Machamp actually is now in my top 20 pokemon now.

Also I can't be the only person that hopes instead of gen 4 getting a remake they remake gen 1 again, right?
Since they gave us the ability to send Pokemon from Gen 1 games to Sun and Moon, it doesn't look that likely.
But it's still a possibility.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
  • The battle system is based on Gen 2 so yes, Dark moves exist & Magnemite being Elec/Steel.
  • Movesets are mostly Gen 2.
  • TMs are a mix of Gen 1 & 3 (so you can teach moves like Aerial Ace & Dragon Claw).
  • HMs have their own separate menu and don't need to be taught to be used.
  • The Legendary Beasts, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the Weather Trio can be caught post game at Navel Rock.
  • While still structured the same, routes/dungeons have different layouts.
  • The Elite 4 Post Game receive a level boost.
  • Wild Pokemon can drop items like the Pickup ability.
I heard some things in regards to the battle system didn't make it over properly, mostly secondary effects being wonky, but are still in tact enough that it's not as broken as Gen 1.
Er, didn't Ghost moves still have no effect on Psychic types in Gen 2? Dark and Steel existing isn't relevant to what I'm asking. Cool to know, though. And finally a fix on the HM thing. Looks very interesting, even if the Ghost error isn't fixed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since they gave us the ability to send Pokemon from Gen 1 games to Sun and Moon, it doesn't look that likely.
But it's still a possibility.
I just want it remade again since its the only region that isn't available with the physical/special split.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Er, didn't Ghost moves still have no effect on Psychic types in Gen 2? Dark and Steel existing isn't relevant to what I'm asking. Cool to know, though. And finally a fix on the HM thing. Looks very interesting, even if the Ghost error isn't fixed.
It did fix the ghost moves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
]

So do you Want someone to finish the Job? Because if so, How do you want to die

Knife, Gun, Ko Punch, Falcon Punch (The Drink, it blows your Head off)

Okay that Sounded real creepy, I'm not a murderer, I don't want to murderer, no one on this board is a murderer (I think)
You are weird. :p

:231:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
The Gen 4 games need to be remade so they're actually ****ing playable. Those games were horribly slow, from dialogue speed to battles. And no matter what anyone says, Platinum/HGSS were still slow as hell. Bring slightly faster than DP isn't really an improvement. Though... I'd rather then wait for whatever the next handheld is for them to do that. The 3DS doesn't handle Pokémon the best sometimes...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Gen 4 games need to be remade so they're actually ****ing playable. Those games were horribly slow, from dialogue speed to battles. And no matter what anyone says, Platinum/HGSS were still slow as hell. Bring slightly faster than DP isn't really an improvement. Though... I'd rather then wait for whatever the next handheld is for them to do that. The 3DS doesn't handle Pokémon the best sometimes...
eh, Pt/HGSS were pretty okay with speed, specially when sending out a Pokémon, regarding battle animations, Gen 5 had pretty rushed animations that removed the appeal of the attacks (like Hyper Beam) while Gen 4 where on spot + the dramatic feeling of seeing a HP bar slowly depleting (it was supossed to be a bug since Gen 2 but it remained until Gen 5 because it looked cool).
The only slow thing imo was the running, but there's a bike for a reason and selecting fast text dialogue is must as usual.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The pacing in the D/P was odd at best. I had a hard time getting into Diamond, and have yet to complete it. A bit of a shame, as the Pokémon designs and the music are among my favorites on the series.

I don't remember the animations being slow though. :?

If NX is a handheld/console hybrid, then I want Sinnoh HD. :estatic:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The pacing in the D/P was odd at best. I had a hard time getting into Diamond, and have yet to complete it. A bit of a shame, as the Pokémon designs and the music are among my favorites on the series.

I don't remember the animations being slow though. :?

If NX is a handheld/console hybrid, then I want Sinnoh HD. :estatic:

That's why I waited until Platinum (well, actually I didn't even had money for a DS lol); having to wait like 3 seconds to have a Pokémon getting sent out was weird.
The animations were not slow, but long (compare Gen 4 Flamethrower with Gen 5's)

Related: in the current TwitchPlaysPókémon run the devs of the romhack fixed the HP bar bug, and now depletes at the same speed as in Gen 5. This was recieved in a very negative way by the community and now they want that change reversed.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I have said this before somewhere, but not here.

What would say if the next SSB has no 3rd Party Inclusions? Just pure Nintendo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd be incredibly disappointed and it'd feel like a massive step backwards, especially since Ryu, and Mega Man are some of my favorite characters to play for fun, and Pac-Man is one of my favorites to play in general.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799

This idea is bad and you should feel bad!

But in all seriousness, I feel like every 3rd party character has been a good inclusion so far, even Cloud, just for being a jRPG giant. It's still a damn shame Snake couldn't return. :( But characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man were a long time coming.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
One of my hopes for a potential Smash 5 is to have Konami getting it's **** together and have reps from them. Because every IP from them is trapped in Pachinko hell now

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Bad idea. I don't play much outside of Nintendo, but it would feel lacking without the heavyweights we've got used to, like Sonic or Pacman. Pacman and Mega Man were among my favorite additions in Smash 4, too.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

I'd be completely fine with it. Compared to how many we have now, I actually prefer it. Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta are my most hated additions to the roster, so if getting rid of them means we also have to say goodbye to Sonic, then so be it.

7NATOR

Smash Master

Well then that sucks, No CLOUD, Bayonetta, Megaman etc. That's a no-no

Actually I'm waiting for the day Smash Bros crosses over to other Franchises, like Smash Bros vs Capcom, Smash Bros x Tekken, Smash Bros Vs PlayStation All-star Battle Royale

Ehh, I got to go to school in a few minutes, I'm out

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
D/P is actually my favorite region, never noticed any problems with it. Too each their own, I suppose.

I hope it does get remade, my dog ended up chewing up my Pearl version a few years ago... :054:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I loved Gen 4. DPPt is my second favorite set of games in the series. I'd love to see them get remade sometime after Sun and Moon come out.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Seeing Opossum Opossum 's avatar got me into the MAR10 Day spirit, so I made a small, effortless, goofy adjustment to my avatar. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were my favorite set of Pokemon games in the series so far. Generation 4 also have my favorite Pokemon designs (in fact, many of my favorite Pokemon in the entire series were introduced in Sinnoh, most notably my top favorite Pokemon, but I'll leave you to guess that), and my favorite region (with Hoenn being very close behind),

Back when D/P first came out, I actually played the games very actively. While I will admit those games had some big flaws (most notably the battle speed and the surfing speed from what I can remember), they had one of my favorite postgames of any Pokemon game, the music was great, and like I previously said, I loved the new Pokemon designs. I will admit that I found the new Pokemon cries rather awkward at first because they sounded way to new for me, but I get used to them.

Then Platinum came along, and I really enjoyed how it improved D/P to the point that it became my favorite game in the series (OmegaRuby is close behind though). I'm all for Diamond/Pearl remakes as well, because I know that they will make generation 4 far better if they do that similar to how OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire helped bring Ruby/Sapphire into a more positive light.

Not a fan of the idea. I enjoy having third parties in Smash. Ryu is my favorite third party character on the roster so far, with Megaman, Cloud, and Bayonetta following behind for second place, so I'd hate to see them get removed.

Not to mention that my most wanted character for Smash 5, Professor Layton, is a third party character himself.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
what is this project sm4sh i keep hearing about

pls link me

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I think it'd be a bad idea.

I mean, look at the 3rd party characters that have been in the series by now :snake::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:, they're all legendary characters in the industry, most bringing something revolutionary. Seeing them able to fight along the biggest icon in video game history :4mario: is probably one the greatest crossovers one could think of.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I think it'd be a bad idea.

I mean, look at the 3rd party characters that have been in the series by now :snake::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:, they're all legendary characters in the industry, most bringing something revolutionary. Seeing them able to fight along the biggest icon in video game history :4mario: is probably one the greatest crossovers one could think of.
Somehow I am always in disbelief when people say that :4megaman: is a third party character. Yes, that's how it is. I can't argue with things that are the truth, but has he ever been on other consoles than nintendo's? Until the Legacy collection, I never thought so. (Well, I checked stuff and there seems to be Megaman games on other consoles as well, but still.)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Somehow I am always in disbelief when people say that :4megaman: is a third party character. Yes, that's how it is. I can't argue with things that are the truth, but has he ever been on other consoles than nintendo's? Until the Legacy collection, I never thought so. (Well, I checked stuff and there seems to be Megaman games on other consoles as well, but still.)
At least half of the X series if I remember is on PS1 and PS2. Mega Man 8 was on PS1 as well. He had games on Sega Genesis and PSP as well.

Then there's that horrible mobile anniversary game. Even so, Nintendo has had most titles in the series.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
That is actually a thing? I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek thing about Project M in Smash 4, now that hacks have started.

apparently, idk, been hearing about it all day in twitter but whenever i ask they say it's been taken down or moved to private or w/e :[

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't realized people care that much about the 3rd Party Characters.

Perhaps more so than the Nintendo's own?
The thing, for me, is that I think the whole idea of differentiating playable characters' worth based on ownership is unnecessary. It's not that I enjoy third parties more than first parties or vice versa, I just enjoy the character additions themselves, ownership issues be damned.

I will say, though, that third party reveals tend to be more exciting, because it makes me think, "wow, Nintendo really went the extra mile to include these guys." So I'll say the reveals are more special, but third party or first party status doesn't put one character over another for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love all the 3rd party additions, even if I may not normally like the character or it's not my ideal choice. I was so glad to see Bayonetta, as she's an amazing character. Ryu is so much fun, and one of my favorites to play as in SF proper(albeit, Akuma and Vega are my top favorites. Going by US names to clarify). Cloud was never a character I necessarily liked, nor FFVII, but I couldn't be happier(and also all the more reason I was looking into getting FFVIIr, but the battle system change turned me off. I'm likely sticking to the original, as all I need is disc 3 to complete it). MegaMan is amazing in his own right, so nuff said. I really wanted a Digimon, Lloyd Irving, or Nightmare, but Pac-Man has a really fun moveset and if it weren't for that, I'd be disappointed. They did an amazing job on making him feel great. Sonic could use a bit more originality in his moveset, but is fine otherwise.

I do miss Snake, though. And some of the other cuts(Wolf, Pichu).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi :)

I played a bit less than yesterday on tphd, but enough to continue my impressions I might as well do this every day because tbh, it's a bit more satisfying than talking about color splash like I even fear to hear more.....

I got to the second dungeon and.....lol I bought an oil bottle for a single rupee :)

The dungeon itself......let just say butts and you will understand :)

Though, I finally understood why link has a taunt in ssb where he swing his sword a bit then put it back with style. I don't think I ever saw this in zelda before to have a stylish pose after the battle is done. Though, tbh so far, this game has been trying to add stuff to the series in......interesting ways. For example, heart pieces in dungeon chests? idk how it turns out, but so far, this is definetely improving what the series had before.

A fairy in a freaking boomerang......wow who knew?

Honestly, that deungeon.....is a first dungeon. You never expect it to be impressive, I don't think any first dungeon in zelda has ever be impressive and they never are meant to be.

Same for the boss, I two cycled him......

I seem to need a better wallet already because I am like super close to 500 rupees.

Also, midna is freaking savage. Litterally calling you an idiot and even saying that she only helps you because she has to. Which is btw interesting because this would explain why she is so freaking annoyed of link, it`s like someone (zelda???) forced her to help......which is weird because if she doesn't want to in the first place......is she bad? I know zelda knows midna, that is sure, but it's like......the game has so much plot hole and given how freaking long this game shapes up to be.....yeah there has to be a bottom to that story.

After that dungeon it was time to go to kakariko twilight and it took me more time than it should have been. So, I lacked 4 tears and.....despite the map telling me stuff, I was so stuck it was annoying. So I looked online and WTF? I tried to jump intot hat broken window and it didn't worked but you shoudl be able to break that?

I thoguht it was because the lp I was watching wasn't hd, but then I found an hd one and.....no you can truly break it.

I tried several time even knowing you coudl break it and it never worked UNTIL AROUND 10 TIMES!!!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE HITBOXES?

i swear, i tried way before i watched the vid and I had to retry a lot after knowing I had the right idea grrrr

Other than that......this is weird. i can get into areas that doesn't have much to do now in twilight but I know there's a part in the game where you can swtich form whenver you want so maybe it has to do with it.

And then I got all the tears and died twice to that goron before realising that there was a cs trigger if you exit the area lol.

That sumo was weird, what does the game says before the fight starts?

Anyway one last thing, I love link's face when he got the boomrang he's like me when I found that the july 29 stage on the potd was a paper mario stage :) (though, likely I woudl stop to care about that too......freaking color splash).

Then I stopped because I had to sleep :)

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

I get the picture that you are claiming that people care about third party characters more then Nintendo's own just because they don't want to remove them from smash. I think that is a pretty ridiculous argument.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So how about that Spider-Man in Civil War? His mask looks way closer to the classic comics this time around. I'm glad he's not too scrawny. Even if it's younger Spider-Man, he should have muscle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

A bit disappointed. Seeing as I main Mega Man and I also like Ryu, Cloud and Pac-Man gameplay wise. I mean, most of the third party characters were chosen as such because they were important to video game history. And some have a really good connection to Nintendo, Like Mega Man and Sonic.

Slightly less so on Bayonetta's part, given that she's a fairly new character. But I understand the appeal of it being solely Nintendo.

I wouldn't go that far. I mostly played Mario, Samus, Zelda and Fox. Along with Ganondorf on some occasions in Melee. I still play those characters a decent bit in Brawl/Smash 4 as well. Eventually I used Ike and Little Mac when they debuted as well. Just because a lot of people like or main third party characters doesn't mean they stop liking the first party choices either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom