• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Wow, surely haven't been here a while. Much more quiet than usual.

For some reason I want a duck as a pet, but I think that's a bad idea
About a year ago, two mallards and ten ducklings were swimming in our unfilled pool, but three of them couldn't find a way to get out (we used a plank, but they weren't smart enough to walk on it :( ), so we had to give them shelter and they had to be here all night. Eventually they were brough to wildlife rehabilitation and were able to go out to the wild.

Sounds like a good idea and all, but they're probably hard to take care of. Quack.

Nice of GiIvasunner to upload some high-quality Hotel Mario music, Gay Luigi?
"LUIGI, PLAY THE SAX!"

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite is this one.
It's so seamless.

Should I feel bad for quickly recognizing that song?
I'm disturbed that something so disturbing has such a pleasant tune.

---------------------------------

I also keep running into BluePikmin in the comments. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
My favourite is this one.
It's so seamless.

I'm disturbed that something so disturbing has such a pleasant tune.:231:
I love U.N. Flintstones Was Her!

This one's my favorite:

There's another one I laughed so hard which was Peach Beach/Daisy Cruiser, but it's too...provocative for this website. :yeahboi:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Isn't it Chipmunks 4

Also while I'm here, I Got to ask a question.

What scares you the most in videogames?

For me, its Time Trials mode (Prominent in Mario Kart)
Online communities. :p

Also, Thief. Just, all of it. Stealth sections make me nervous and then there's how fragile you are... Once you get caught, well, that's it for you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nice of GiIvasunner to upload some high-quality Hotel Mario music, Gay Luigi?
I just notice that Gilvasunner has two same channels...
And seems that Youtube often made some of the channels that I sub before went unsubbed... weird thing is I still get video updtes from those channel.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
I just notice that Gilvasunner has two same channels...
And seems that Youtube often made some of the channels that I sub before went unsubbed... weird thing is I still get video updtes from those channel.
Actually, the channel name is "GiivaSunner." The I in "Gilva" is an uppercase i. So he actually made a new channel!

Except I actually knew him when he was TimmyTurnersDad back in 2010. I've been on YouTube for too long.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So it's actually the same guy? Wow.

And while we're discussing the music he uploads, I stumbled upon this:

It's great he still uploads the real deal.

Except for that final second. I should have seen something coming. :laugh:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
So it's actually the same guy? Wow.

And while we're discussing the music he uploads, I stumbled upon this:

It's great he still uploads the real deal.

Except for that final second. I should have seen something coming. :laugh:
I honestly don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
While on the subject of the new GiiivaSunner, this has to be brought up:

Like, he perfectly captured every Paper Mario fan's reaction, at just the right second.
(0:07 seconds into the trailer is when the Sticker Star mini-map is shown)

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
A funny thing just happened. I dropped my 3ds from my table. Then I opened it to see if it was cracked. I had put it to sleep mode just after finishing a CPU match in smash 4, so when I opened it, it displayed the match ending thingy where the screen shatters.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
A funny thing just happened. I dropped my 3ds from my table. Then I opened it to see if it was cracked. I had put it to sleep mode just after finishing a CPU match in smash 4, so when I opened it, it displayed the match ending thingy where the screen shatters.
This reminds me of the time the top screen of my 3DS broke.
It's a long story.
Bottom line is I have no 3DS anymore. Back to the DS then! :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, I've decided to develop a habit of reading manga. Started with Nichijou and Dagashi Kashi. I'll read Assassination Classroom and maybe Pokemon Adventures later.

I found that the Snickers gag in the Nichijou anime is also in the manga. That was unexpected.

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
While on the subject of the new GiiivaSunner, this has to be brought up:

Like, he perfectly captured every Paper Mario fan's reaction, at just the right second.
(0:07 seconds into the trailer is when the Sticker Star mini-map is shown)
This is still better:

:)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last night I had a dream that Nintendo announced their new handheld system, the New! 2DS. It was essentially a 2DS with the aspects of the New! 3DS. The worst part was that I would've actually bought it considering how comfortable the 2DS feels to hold alone :upsidedown: and i never used the 3D function that much anyways

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So my dad finally got Netflix, and I was finally able to watch Doctor Who. Sadly only the 12th season is available, and there's no One Punch Man, but there's still a lot of great movies and series to see.
Planning on giving Jessica Jones and Sherlock a watch later.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So my dad finally got Netflix, and I was finally able to watch Doctor Who. Sadly only the 12th season is available, and there's no One Punch Man, but there's still a lot of great movies and series to see.
I'm binge watching Young Justice because they are considering bringing a third season.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Isn't little Witch Academia on Netflix right now? cus that's like, da bess

Whiz

Smash Rookie
I wonder if I'm the only fellow with good expectations for Color Splash. I liked Sticker Star despite some of its nearly objective flaws, and I'm glad to see Color Splash apparently trying to refine that battle system, which was rough around the edges.

Am I the only one expecting a pretty decent experience?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I wonder if I'm the only fellow with good expectations for Color Splash. I liked Sticker Star despite some of its nearly objective flaws, and I'm glad to see Color Splash apparently trying to refine that battle system, which was rough around the edges.

Am I the only one expecting a pretty decent experience?
I think Sticker Star is overhated.

Is it flawed, very gimmicky and doesn't lives to the expectation of the past Paper Marios? I have to agree on that. However, as a game, despite it being gimmicky, it isn't really that bad. It just tried to experiment with something new, it wasn't the best result, but people exaggerate on it.

Whiz

Smash Rookie
I think Sticker Star is overhated.

Is it flawed, very gimmicky and doesn't lives to the expectation of the past Paper Marios? I have to agree on that. However, as a game, despite it being gimmicky, it isn't really that bad. It just tried to experiment with something new, it wasn't the best result, but people exaggerate on it.
Agreed! This is pretty much how I feel. It was far from perfect, but it was innovative and fun. Sure, I'd rather have a "classic" Paper Mario, but we aren't getting that, obviously. The game was good on its own merits. Though the boss fights are sort of cop-outs, and the dialogue is... I feel like it tries WAY too hard to be funny. I hope they tone that down.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I liked all of the Paper Mario games (with SPM being my favorite due to the incredible story and antagonists. Controversial opinion I know), but Sticker Star is definitly the worst in my opinion. In fact, I even made a list of some of the flaws I can remember. It's a rather long one, though.
  • Excessive ammounts of backtracking
  • Schizophrenic puzzle difficulty (some puzzles late game are pathetically easy while others can get you stuck)
  • Stickers being used both for battle and puzzle solving, meaning you can accidentally use a sticker you needed to get past a puzzle forcing you to backtrack and replay the level. (i.e. the Chain Chomps in the volcano)
  • THOSE ****ING WIGGLER SEGMENTS
  • Bowser being reduced to a mute when he was easily one of the best things in the previous Paper Mario games.
  • Also the final fight against him was ****e. Puzzle boss who is unbeatable unless you're properly equipped, and his "one-winged angel" form can be completely cheesed with Infinijump stickers.
  • Boss fights being difficult as **** unless you're also properly equipped. While it was a good idea in theory, you're never told who's weak to what, and experimenting is discouraged due to your extremely limited inventory capacity and the backtrack / money needed to buy Things. Credit where it's due, though. Learning that Petey was weak to water stickers made me smile.
  • Battles are completely pointless, as you get no experience and usually earn less money than you spent.
  • Since there's no Exp. Points or Level Ups, you need to find hearts in order to increase your very limited health. You're never told about them, however, and finding some of them can be quite the chore.
  • You're also not told Thing stickers have action commands as well. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the Cake sticker, which is completely useless unless you randomly decide to blow on your microphone. Seriously, I had to look it up to see if I was doing something wrong.
  • Infinijump stickers are completely BROKEN. Seriously, there's no reason to carry anything else with you other than iron boots once you unlock these.
  • Tackled on sacrifice scene at the end to try to build up sympathy for a character you have no reason to care about. Of course, not like it matters, since they're brought back a minute later anyway.
  • Several ability loss sections. Seriously, WTF.
While I enjoyed Sticker Star, it was undoubtly the weakest entry in the Paper Mario series, and I believe the hate it gets is well deserved. There were great things in it, such as the levels (I returned to the Enigmansion several times. That place felt so comfortable.) the little callbacks and easter eggs, and being able to smack Kamek around with giant flipflops but it was still mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Haven't played Sticker Star but my understanding of why it's hated is because the gameplay of the first two Paper Mario games was just so great that innovating on it was unnecessary. Super Paper Mario is kind of a special case, since it was a platformer rather than an RPG, but it retained the writing, clever characters, and whimsical world that made the first two great. I heard that Sticker Star lacked some of that, too, which is a real shame.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Haven't played Sticker Star but my understanding of why it's hated is because the gameplay of the first two Paper Mario games was just so great that innovating on it was unnecessary. Super Paper Mario is kind of a special case, since it was a platformer rather than an RPG, but it retained the writing, clever characters, and whimsical world that made the first two great. I heard that Sticker Star lacked some of that, too, which is a real shame.
Sticker Star lacks... A soul, let's say. It lacked the clever story writing of TTYD and SPM (let's face it, the original's story was just another "**** up Bowser, get princess" tale), the great characters (Bowser never says a word, which is extremely disappointing since his personality from the previous games was brilliant), your only partner is extremely unlikable (the first thing she does is ***** at Mario, as she believes it was him who touched the Sticker Comet. No reason for this is ever given.) and the RPG elements are removed, giving you no reason to fight enemies.
The sticker gimmick is also very flawed. Your sticker capacity is extremely limited until you get more pages for your book, and they're used both for puzzle solving and combat, which means you can waste a required sticker on an attack. Said puzzles also tend to be nothing more than "put sticker here to progress".
Overall, it feels like an empty husk, as if Nintendo just looked at Paper Mario and thought, "hey, we haven't done anything with that series for a while." and made a game completely devoid of their usual passion. The problem isn't even "it's a Paper Mario game", SS is just extremly flawed and dull.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Grand Dad Social 6.0: Only High Quality Music rips

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Right now, Pressure. I'm loving the look.
Pressure is a mixed bag for me. The font makes me not like it, but the UI looks nice.
A bit too "large" for me too if that makes sense.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Pressure is a mixed bag for me. The font makes me not like it, but the UI looks nice.
A bit too "large" for me too if that makes sense.
Heh, the font is actually one of the reasons as to why I picked the skin, actually. It just caught my eye.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Of course. My parents buy Netflix, and now Doctor Who starts airing here.
Hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom