• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Hi :)

I played a bit less than yesterday on tphd, but enough to continue my impressions I might as well do this every day because tbh, it's a bit more satisfying than talking about color splash like I even fear to hear more.....

I got to the second dungeon and.....lol I bought an oil bottle for a single rupee :)

The dungeon itself......let just say butts and you will understand :)

Though, I finally understood why link has a taunt in ssb where he swing his sword a bit then put it back with style. I don't think I ever saw this in zelda before to have a stylish pose after the battle is done. Though, tbh so far, this game has been trying to add stuff to the series in......interesting ways. For example, heart pieces in dungeon chests? idk how it turns out, but so far, this is definetely improving what the series had before.

A fairy in a freaking boomerang......wow who knew?

Honestly, that deungeon.....is a first dungeon. You never expect it to be impressive, I don't think any first dungeon in zelda has ever be impressive and they never are meant to be.

Same for the boss, I two cycled him......

I seem to need a better wallet already because I am like super close to 500 rupees.

Also, midna is freaking savage. Litterally calling you an idiot and even saying that she only helps you because she has to. Which is btw interesting because this would explain why she is so freaking annoyed of link, it`s like someone (zelda???) forced her to help......which is weird because if she doesn't want to in the first place......is she bad? I know zelda knows midna, that is sure, but it's like......the game has so much plot hole and given how freaking long this game shapes up to be.....yeah there has to be a bottom to that story.

After that dungeon it was time to go to kakariko twilight and it took me more time than it should have been. So, I lacked 4 tears and.....despite the map telling me stuff, I was so stuck it was annoying. So I looked online and WTF? I tried to jump intot hat broken window and it didn't worked but you shoudl be able to break that?

I thoguht it was because the lp I was watching wasn't hd, but then I found an hd one and.....no you can truly break it.

I tried several time even knowing you coudl break it and it never worked UNTIL AROUND 10 TIMES!!!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE HITBOXES?

i swear, i tried way before i watched the vid and I had to retry a lot after knowing I had the right idea grrrr

Other than that......this is weird. i can get into areas that doesn't have much to do now in twilight but I know there's a part in the game where you can swtich form whenver you want so maybe it has to do with it.

And then I got all the tears and died twice to that goron before realising that there was a cs trigger if you exit the area lol.

That sumo was weird, what does the game says before the fight starts?

Anyway one last thing, I love link's face when he got the boomrang he's like me when I found that the july 29 stage on the potd was a paper mario stage :) (though, likely I woudl stop to care about that too......freaking color splash).

Then I stopped because I had to sleep :)
I'm a little amused by this post just because you talk about TP as if it just came out the other day for the first time rather than almost 10 years ago. Not that I'm saying that this possibly couldn't be anyone's first experience with the game. It's just funny as someone who's been playing Zelda for 20 years. :p I mean, that being said, I think TP is a mixed bag for me. It's a solid game overall but with some annoying flaws at some points, regarding stuff like the Temple of Time and the horribly easy bosses... And the NPCs. Oh god, the NPCs... If there was anything that needed a major facelift (pun severely intended), it's them. I'm pretty sure they actually look worse in the "HD" version. ... But at least the dungeons look really nice now!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I was doing my course choices for my next semester and YAY! there's a class that teaches globally how music and the instruments works so you can better appreciate them :)

Now, despite not being able to take 3d modeling (I am curious how models works), this class, I actually look forward to it. I do know SOME theory, but it's very basic and I can't apply them much becuase i don't know much. However, the reality is I legit care for this.

There is a reason I spent 300 CAN$ on open back headphones, bought an headphone amplifier, despise medium - high lossy compression (even youtube) and just keep listening to vgm. I jsut like sometime to not only enjoy but try to figure out why I like a music so much. I did this with Paper Mario for example and taking the first 3 games, they tend to have a very 8 bit style music with the main track being very simple notes (you coudl say rough too) and enhanced with diverse sfx. I like this because it's simple, but it goes very far. While as SS and the only music we heard from color splash, these don't see to go that way at all and in fact feels imo too complex for what they want to do (and the balance for SS......is like wtf?).

However, I do want to go further. because what i jsut said now is still admitably vague and hard to tell why EXACTLY it works and why it doesn't.

So yeah, I am happy to have that class :)

I'm a little amused by this post just because you talk about TP as if it just came out the other day for the first time rather than almost 10 years ago. Not that I'm saying that this possibly couldn't be anyone's first experience with the game. It's just funny as someone who's been playing Zelda for 20 years. :p I mean, that being said, I think TP is a mixed bag for me. It's a solid game overall but with some annoying flaws at some points, regarding stuff like the Temple of Time and the horribly easy bosses... And the NPCs. Oh god, the NPCs... If there was anything that needed a major facelift (pun severely intended), it's them. I'm pretty sure they actually look worse in the "HD" version. ... But at least the dungeons look really nice now!
........ok I agree they look interesting and.....unique, but odd?......

no

As long as I can see a freaking face........it's fine.

tbh, the fact that the text dispaly is my biggest concern so far is a very good sign. .....ok it is annoying that my eyes needs more time to freaking see words (seriously, why white on yellow?), but it's not this bad if I can read it anyway.....and you do have to read carefully because the amount of litteral devices in there are VERY high and I might even say MM level. Which I btw love, but pls, don't ever do such poor contrast, i get the idea you want to show the text shining with twlight which fits the game, I get it......but it sucks to read it :(

In fact, this zelda has details that you jsut don't expect. For example, if you go into the water, your clothes looks wet, but ythey will be for some seconds after getting out before returning to normal coloration, this is very pecular detail, they had to put a post processing filter on the textures to do this (well they change instantly, I don't think it's separate files), but it's there.

Also, I legit never played the game, I am 95% blind (can't be 100% because the game is so known). I posted my first impressions on the nintendozone and I was surprised reading the manual for stuff like 5 heart pieces = container instead of 4. OOT didn't felt slow and deep, MM felt VERY slow and INSANELY deep, tww felt very fast and not that much deep, but TP is a very weird one. It's like it's VEEEEEERRRRRRRRRY slow, but it's shaping to be insanely deep. like, I never saw a so slow plot dev in a zelda game, it's like screaming that something mind blowing will happen. Just the beginnning is like spend around 1-2 hours doing NOTHING, but peacefull stuff and then BOOM! a single minute EVERYTHING happens asnd i am just like WTF JUST HAPPENED?

But the biggest tease is midna, omg the tease is real here. MM wasn'T even teasing it was jsut unfolding naturally, but deeply. tp, it's like I have a feeling that it's going to be VERY slow teasing and then it's going to get real in one instant, it has to, you don't tease so much on a plot of a zelda game for nothing!

So, this is why I puit a lot of emphasis on midna when i talk about the game because I jsut have this feeling the game plot would have a lot to do with her.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey, all you guys That play STEET FIGHTER 5, Alex just got revealed (through pictures, not video) With info on V -skill, V- trigger, etc and notes on The march patch

In other news, POKKEN HAS DEPTH!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Hey, all you guys That play STEET FIGHTER 5, Alex just got revealed (through pictures, not video) With info on V -skill, V- trigger, etc and notes on The march patch
AND YET STILL NO RELEASE DATE, youre killing me Capcpom

In other news, POKKEN HAS DEPTH!
After seeing that there are actual combo videos for Pokken I knew it was legit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
AND YET STILL NO RELEASE DATE, youre killing me Capcpom

After seeing that there are actual combo videos for Pokken I knew it was legit
"At ease Losah!" - Capcom, probably.

In other news, I got to try out my copy of the Mega Man Legacy Collection. Challenge mode is fun as hell. But I still need to wait a bit until I replace my old 3DS which broke. I was borrowing someone else's for the time being. Can't wait to get back into Smash as well.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well to be Fair, Capcom put in so much effort to Make this game, that I bet it made exhausted and Tired. I mean look at all the content this game launched with...

I'll see myself out

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm hyped.... like... a lot.. :D

Before this trailer:
Me: I guess I'm excited, but I dunno... Movies don't really get me hyped anymore.

After watching this trailer:
Me: OH MY GOD SPIDER-MAN

THE COSTUME IS GREAT, SERIOUSLY

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Before this trailer:
Me: I guess I'm excited, but I dunno... Movies don't really get me hyped anymore.

After watching this trailer:
Me: OH MY GOD SPIDER-MAN

THE COSTUME IS GREAT, SERIOUSLY
So what's this about Spider-Man, I usually don't watch trailers so you know

But I will tell you that Spider-Man will die, plus Megaman is getting cut in Smash 5 and Dashie will release his mixtape, so watch out for that

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So what's this about Spider-Man, I usually don't watch trailers so you know

But I will tell you that Spider-Man will die, plus Megaman is getting cut in Smash 5 and Dashie will release his mixtape, so watch out for that
Spider-Man appears in the last trailer seconds, seemingly on Iron Man's side. Which is big, since people have been hyped for a while about Spidey in the MCU.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Everyone's excited that Spidey is in while I'm over here dazzled that we have our first film interpretation of Black Panther and he kicks ass.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Everyone's excited that Spidey is in while I'm over here dazzled that we have our first film interpretation of Black Panther and he kicks ***.

Maybe that's why He wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3, He made a deal with Disney that he gets to be in a movie and be Bad Cool if he Doesn't appear in Marvel vs Capcom as playable

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For as much as Spidey is hype, the other really hype-worthy moments of the trailer for me were:

- Scarlet Witch taking down Vision.
- Hawkeye and Ant-Man arrow launch team up thing! :D I was really hoping they'd do that considering how iconic it is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, is this basically Avengers 3?
From what's been said, it's really not, since it focuses almost entirely on Cap's side of things, like his relationship with Bucky, the status of his newly-formed New Avengers, and things like that. As it is, characters like Ant-Man and Spider-Man have basically been confirmed to have relatively little screen time in the movie since they aren't the focus.

It's definitely more of a Cap film than an Avengers film.

Also because of the lack of Thor and Hulk.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
From what's been said, it's really not, since it focuses almost entirely on Cap's side of things, like his relationship with Bucky, the status of his newly-formed New Avengers, and things like that. As it is, characters like Ant-Man and Spider-Man have basically been confirmed to have relatively little screen time in the movie since they aren't the focus.

It's definitely more of a Cap film than an Avengers film.

Also because of the lack of Thor and Hulk.
So, it focuses on America, and says more things about him than his allies.
I read a book that had 3 main characters and had to share like, 6 books together. Kind of like that but focusing on one of them. By evening it out, they had to go in to each one of their perspectives every so often.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, it focuses on America, and says more things about him than his allies.
I read a book that had 3 main characters and had to share like, 6 books together. Kind of like that but focusing on one of them. By evening it out, they had to go in to each one of their perspectives every so often.
Basically. Like, in the comic version of Civil War, it was more about everyone than just Cap, but the movie adaptation is changing a lot of things due to some things not being possible in the MCU. The inciting incident was changed to be the events of the previous films and, going by trailer analysis, an attack on the UN. As well, it's focusing more on Cap and his crew of supporting characters than every hero in existence like in the comics.

The big thing I'm wondering about is whether or not they'll keep the ending from the comics, in which:

Cap is assassinated at the end of the comic book. If it happens in the film, I'll cry, but he's all but certainly coming back for Infinity War via resurrection, since Evans still has a film on his contract.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm very excited for Captain America: Civil War. Definitely on Cap's side. I'm kinda iffy on Spider-Man's actor, though. I grew up with Tobey Maguire's Spiderman, and I wasn't too big a fan of Andrew Garfield's portrayal. Hopefully Tom Holland will be good, but for now I'm not going to get too excited about him.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I am not actually a big fan of Marvel. I am not too exited about this movie, but I will watch it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm a little stuck on a decision. I'm getting Hyrule Warriors Legends and can't decide how to buy it:

1) Get it retail and receive a special artbook
2) Pre-purchase it on the eShop and get a system theme

Hmm....

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I'm a little stuck on a decision. I'm getting Hyrule Warriors Legends and can't decide how to buy it:

1) Get it retail and receive a special artbook
2) Pre-purchase it on the eShop and get a system theme

Hmm....
go with #1

Whiz

Smash Rookie
Well to be Fair, Capcom put in so much effort to Make this game, that I bet it made exhausted and Tired. I mean look at all the content this game launched with...

I'll see myself out
LOL the burn

From what I've seen though, at least the characters are fun and deep (pretty much all the game has atm though, so they better be).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Black Panther is indeed the most boss character in the trailer.
I find pretty ironic the scene of Wanda attacking Vision; because many people shipped them lol

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Black Panther is indeed the most boss character in the trailer.
I find pretty ironic the scene of Wanda attacking Vision; because many people shipped them lol
You're saying that like it would stop people from doing so. And well, they were married in the comics.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You're saying that like it would stop people from doing so. And well, they were married in the comics.
Actually the shipping will get more twisted now :4dk:
Yeah, they're married in the comics but the MCU is different.
Tbh I think Cap will survive the movie; he'll only get badly injured or just give the impression he died (like missing in action or something with Bucky now searching him) instead of killing him on-screen like Quicksilver

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm very excited for Captain America: Civil War. Definitely on Cap's side. I'm kinda iffy on Spider-Man's actor, though. I grew up with Tobey Maguire's Spiderman, and I wasn't too big a fan of Andrew Garfield's portrayal. Hopefully Tom Holland will be good, but for now I'm not going to get too excited about him.
I find it funny that the Spiderman more closely made to the comic version is the one you dislike.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Not until the year 3017

I'm still on Iron Man's side though

I amthe future, Fea-,

you know what, enough of this, SMASH 5 WILL BE A CROSSOVER, AND I"M ON CAPTAIN AMERICIA's Side because its a captin America movie

anyways, its my bedtime, I'm out!

(Will Dashie ever have a mixtape)

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I'll be supporting whatever side Deadpool is on and not bother to see the movie anyways since I've never been much of a fan of superhero movies.
I had to see Deadpool though because it's DEADPOOL. What other reason could I need.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Spidey was so awesome to see in the trailer. My friend, a huge spidey fan, is literally bouncing off the walls. Cant wait for the movie O_O

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
K, this guy is a freaking genius
Im still trying to get all the stuff he put in this "medley", apart from the usual Grand Dad
subbed

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I finished TPHD today so I got back to playing Smash. My lord, the difference in colours between the games blinded me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is this "Grand Dad" that everyone keeps talking about?
Profanity warning, by the way.

The meme comes from a Chinese Mario Bootleg played in the Vinesause video. The game's title screen inexplicably says "GRAND DAD" with the Flintstones theme playing in the background.

:231:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey everyone, Scrub-Who-Still-Hasn't-Mastered-Wavedashing-Yet here.

I tried to see if I could beat Classic mode on Very Hard in Melee for laughs, and everything went as I expected. Or in other words, I completely ****ed it up. I could keep going until the Team [character] segment, of which in case I should just give up. I'm not really good at being teamed up on in which case I'm the victim.

Not even :falconmelee:could save me from the torment. So, how has everyone else's day been so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom