• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the Federation Force trailer?

My interest for the game increased a lot after watching it, but I can understand why some still dislike it
I'm still fine with Federation Force.

It plays like the Prime Trilogy and that's all I really need.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Eh, that battle system of Paper Splash seems too tedious for its own good.

Yeah, probably, but there could also be a mini direct or game specific direct before then, you never know.
True, true. Perhaps a SF: Zero one, it's their big game this season after all.

My interest for the game increased a lot after watching it, but I can understand why some still dislike it
It does look decent indeed. I don't think I'd buy it, not a fan of FPS, but it doesn't look like it's a game that 'came straight out of hell'.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Overall I enjoyed the Direct

Now I just wonder how they'll handle the new Paper Mario... as long as the main Sticker Star issues are fixed, it could turn out decent or even great

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Overall I enjoyed the Direct

Now I just wonder how they'll handle the new Paper Mario... as long as the main Sticker Star issues are fixed, it could turn out decent or even great
Maybe, but I think I'd still be calling Thousand Year Door the belt holder for best Paper Mario game ever.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist

Its kind of like what Triforce heroes did for zelda( Took the zelda gameplay and made it into a multiplayer experience.) Likewise, federation force took metroid prime's gameplay, and made it multiplayer. I'm a sucker for multiplayer games. Just being able to play with other human beings can make a bland game insanely fun. There was alot I didn't like about Metroid Prime, maybe experiencing it in a multiplayer setting can make it funner. But the game just looks like a worse version of the metroid game from Nintendoland.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know what the sad thing is? I made a better idea for a new gameplay style for Metroid and I'm not even being paid to do it.

Seriously, I think people would be happier with a friggin' Samus/Ridley co-op game than they are with FedForce.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Maybe, but I think I'd still be calling Thousand Year Door the belt holder for best Paper Mario game ever.
I liked Super better. Better story, better music, I loved everything about it, except for the bosses. Something's wrong when the boss of the second to last chapter takes 10 seconds to beat.

All in all, I think the SMM update and Planet Robothingy were the best parts of the Direct.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Jesus, I didn't think people would hate Color Splash when we don't know hardly anything about it.
We barely knew anything of Federation Force during E3 and we still know what happened. I'm not surprised.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I really liked the Direct, but it seems that some people were expecting E3-levels of news, which will only lead themselves into getting angry.

Luckily I have you guys as a cozy zone from all the toxicity.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I would've liked it if a new Phoenix Wright game was announced.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
So... you guys all heard about Paper Mario Color Splashes?
Aka Sticker Star 2.0 though I hope I'm wrong in that aspect.
Also I see this place is active a bit. Golly, I thought I would never see the day. :)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Jesus, I didn't think people would hate Color Splash when we don't know hardly anything about it.

I am the only one that was hyped during the direct?
It's cause it's similar to Sticker Star and that game is "the devil".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Another Direct, another set of bets with my friends.
Another lack of an announcement for Mother 3, another win for my wallet.

Today was a good day. :072: And oh yeah, can't wait for Smash 5 when it comes out with the newcomer Dr. Kirby.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I dunno. I wasn't coming in with high hopes, and I'm glad I didn't. The only thing I got excited for was Paper Mario, and honestly...

From the very little we've seen so far, it looks like Sticker Star 2.0. All the NPCs are Toads, seemingly no partners, and a stupid looking battle system.
I'm not gonna jump to conclusions or anything, but that's what I'm reading from what I saw.

Star Fox Zero/Guard looks cool, though!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What if Color Splash is a Sticker Star semi-clone that fixed everything wrong with the previous one?

I mean, it's already confirmed that the main location is NOT the Mushroom Kingdom, so there could be some other changes in the game...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys I saw a lot stickery with cs, way too much, then the emily rumor saying it weas being localised, i have to guess it;s 75% done.

So I am most likely not going to change my mind tbh, I don't like it at all :(

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What if Color Splash is a Sticker Star semi-clone that fixed everything wrong with the previous one?

I mean, it's already confirmed that the main location is NOT the Mushroom Kingdom, so there could be some other changes in the game...
Thing is, what was wrong with SS was that it really wasn't a Paper Mario game. It was dull, it removed partners, it removed the actually fun RPG elements of the battle system and replaced it with gimmicky nonsense... And from the (very brief) looks of it, that's what Color Splash looks like, another game that has no business being a Paper Mario title.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thing is, what was wrong with SS was that it really wasn't a Paper Mario game. It was dull, it removed partners, it removed the actually fun RPG elements of the battle system and replaced it with gimmicky nonsense... And from the (very brief) looks of it, that's what Color Splash looks like, another game that has no business being a Paper Mario title.
Well...let us at least hope they won't crap on the series and wipe themselves with the game like they did with SS...

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Well...let us at least hope they won't crap on the series and wipe themselves with the game like they did with SS...
Oh trust me, I'm hoping... It just didn't make a good first impression, imo.

I swear if I see a freaking world map with individual levels on it, I am going to hurt someone.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On the bright side, Earthbound for the 3DS. That's pretty neat; I'd buy that...
(And hopefully one step closer to Mother 3.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's "new" 3DS only...

Also, I remember that rumor about Mother 3 AND a new Paper Mario game.

It's 50% true now! :b:
Yeah sure. But still it's neat to see it on a portable console. I've been needing to upgrade anyway for Hyrule Warrior Legends.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It looked pretty tacky to me. Seriously, Paper Mario's artstyle is only a part of its appeal. We also like as much for its humour and the way it shows the Mario universe in a different light. They seem to misunderstand the importance of the writing.

Anyway, thoughts on the direct.
  • Paper Mario Color Splash is egh. I don't have too high hopes, given just how much it resembles Sticker Star.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a wonky name.
  • My Nintendo will be meh as long as I continues to have region locking.
  • No idea what to think of Federation Force.
  • AT LAST. Rhythm Heaven for the West. TY TY.
  • I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING PLANET ROBOBOT. ASFSDG.

Also, is it just me or are the pushing the job system literally everywhere? It's in Bravely Default, DQ VII, Kirby, and even Federation Force. huh

:231:

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Anyway, thoughts on the direct.
  • Paper Mario Color Splash is egh. I don't have too high hopes, given just how much it resembles Sticker Star.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a wonky name.
  • My Nintendo will be meh as long as I continues to have region locking.
  • No idea what to think of Federation Force.
  • AT LAST. Rhythm Heaven for the West. TY TY.
  • I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING PLANET ROBOBOT. ASFSDG.

Also, is it just me or are the pushing the job system literally everywhere? It's in Bravely Default, DQ VII, Kirby, and even Federation Force. huh

:231:
disagree, i liked sticker star though so. and im not one for hating stuff preemptively. but rhythm heaven HYPEEE initiated. i love that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom