• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna try and play Smash online Tuesday unless the wifi is still lagging. What it does is delays my actions by one or two seconds before actually doing the action, which is what stopped me from playing Smash online. If it's still garbage I'm just gonna play SMM.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Low frame rate = saves lots of time and money for production. Animators are overworked already and they don't make that much.
I understand that, and know there's not much that can be done aside from the slow, general increase in artist ability and software / animating methods over time.
However, like you said, there's a lot of things that are just lazy, er, could have more effort put into them.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Been wondering this for a while, not just with this thread but the Wii U/NintenZone boards as a whole, but does anyone here post in any of the Wii U Character boards?

A lot of the Upper Staff has been worrying about this because of the end of DLC seems to no longer be in the long term, but I've never seen them ask people directly.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Been wondering this for a while, not just with this thread but the Wii U/NintenZone boards as a whole, but does anyone here post in any of the Wii U Character boards?

A lot of the Upper Staff has been worrying about this because of the end of DLC seems to no longer be in the long term, but I've never seen them ask people directly.
I don't feel I have anything worthwhile to contribute so I just lurk and try to learn a thing or two.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently watch video about the hardest language in the world, and I agree that Chinese is a hard language to learn. But do you guys know that there are two types of Chinese writing system? One called simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, and trust me, traditional Chinese is just...way harder than simplified Chinese because it had more strokes.

And FYI, Discord use traditional Chinese as their Chinese settings, which is actually a relief for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I recently watch video about the hardest language in the world, and I agree that Chinese is a hard language to learn. But do you guys know that there are two types of Chinese writing system? One called simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, and trust me, traditional Chinese is just...way harder than simplified Chinese because it had more strokes.

And FYI, Discord use traditional Chinese as their Chinese settings, which is actually a relief for me.
Simplified Chinese was invented to improve China's literacy rate. I thought Taiwan uses Traditional Chinese though?

How long does it take for a native speaker to be fluent?

:231:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Simplified Chinese was invented to improve China's literacy rate. I thought Taiwan uses Traditional Chinese though?
It's still a debate if Simplified Chinese really helps improving China's literacy rate. China even have started a campaign to try to learn traditional Chinese, as you know traditional Chinese has been used for thousands of years, while Simplified Chinese had only invented for 50 years or so. I personally think Chinese shouldn't be simplified because one of the only pictogram language that still exists in the world.
And reading old Chinese poem is just like reading a Shakespeare poem, I can read but I may not understand it.
This is traditional Chinese:
白日依山盡,黃河入海流。
欲窮千里目,更上一層樓
This is simplified Chinese:
白日依山尽,黄河入海流。
欲穷千里目,更上一层楼
Yes, and so is Hong Kong.
How long does it take for a native speaker to be fluent?
I don't know... it took me until 5 years old to speak Chinese sentences.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I meant like, reading a newspaper comfortably.

:231:
Hm... probably when I was 12? I don't like to read long articles like this:
漢字簡化爭論是一個討論漢字之正式字體的話題。由於兩岸三地的使用習慣、文化認同及意識形態不同,至今依然有大量不同觀點者圍繞這一問題進行著激烈的爭論。漢字文化圈其他國家如日本、越南則較少關注這一爭論。[1]這裡所謂的「漢字簡化」,主要針對的是中華人民共和國所推行的簡化字,台灣、香港與澳門地區並不採用,並有普遍的激烈批評。本條目中的「繁體字」是中國大陸對傳統漢字字體的稱呼,在香港、澳門等地區也較常使用此名稱,中華民國(台灣)官方稱之為「正體字」[2][3][4]。現行中國大陸的簡體字屬於毛澤東時代下,為響應蘇聯語言國際化而推動漢字拉丁化的過渡性產物。[5][6]然而1985年12月,中華人民共和國國務院將中國文字改革委員會改名為國家語言文字工作委員會,要求國家語委「促進語言文字的規範化、標準化」,正式宣告拉丁化道路的放棄,簡化字作為中國的官方書寫系統一直使用至今[7]。

按中國官方的分類,簡化字是規範漢字,繁體字是非規範漢字,除特殊場合如書法、藝術、古籍、教育、研究以外,不可用於一般印刷品。聯合國等國際組織以及新加坡、馬來西亞等部分海外中文主要使用地區採用了簡化字。[8]其它國家例如日本、韓國的漢字簡化方案,其簡化幅度遠沒有中國的簡化方案大。
From https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/漢字簡化爭論
I mean, it depends what I am reading, I am fine when reading newspaper articles, novels, etc. I am trying to improve my English by reading English literature as well.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If there's an easier alternative to rote memorization, it should probably be.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Blah, blah late reply.
I occasionally post in the character boards for my mains. They serve as great resources for matchup discussions and advice.

Lack of activity in some boards is likely due to skype and a more competitive focus for each character.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Once in a while I might post in the Mewtwo social thread. Otherwise I don't have much to contribute as a casual player. I also lurk on the Ness and Lucas social threads; maybe posting once in a blue moon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is now my fourth day in a row of being sick.

My throat feels completely better than how it did three days ago but now my sinuses are what's really bugging me....

I'm usually more active in other sections of the site, but I'd post in some of the character sub-forums way more often if I played Sm4sh itself more often. I just haven't been able to play it nearly as much as I would've liked to this year.....

The character boards I mainly pay visits to are the King Dedede and Shulk boards.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I post here mainly. Recently been hanging out at the disco, but I don't like dealing with multiple threads.

I try not to come here too often because most of the time, I really don't have anything to say, and when I do, I'm either trolling or making a quick joke. I'll sometimes actually contribute something worthwhile, but only if it's a matter I have any interest in.

Hell, I have to stop myself from posting some dumb thing just for laughs sometimes. I found an old Tumblr post regarding Lion King and it's really funny but it's also completely irrelevant. That's always been an issue with me- something I find hilarious I want to share here as if this was Facebook or something (which recently, I'd argue this thread specifically is basically Facebook without the drama).

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

I lurk the Olimar board from time to time. I've actually learned a lot from it (especially posters there like @Myran and @koken), despite being a casual player by Smashboards standards. It's also kind of cool to find other Olimar/Alph mains and show solidarity with them, since Olimar and Alph aren't exactly the most popular characters in Smash 4.

I'd probably post in the characters boards more if I felt like they were welcoming to people who aren't competitive players. I tend to worry about asking dumb questions or being criticized for talking about things unrelated to the "meta," since I've seen some negative reactions to stuff like that before. I don't mean to paint the character forums with too broad a brush--some people are pretty welcoming and helpful there--I'm just not as eager to post somewhere where I feel like I'm not contributing anything.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hell, I have to stop myself from posting some dumb thing just for laughs sometimes. I found an old Tumblr post regarding Lion King and it's really funny but it's also completely irrelevant. That's always been an issue with me- something I find hilarious I want to share here as if this was Facebook or something (which recently, I'd argue this thread specifically is basically Facebook without the drama).
The 3.0 Social in the DR is essentially the dumping ground for all funny images, dank memes, and nonsense Shining Armor posts.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The 3.0 Social in the DR is essentially the dumping ground for all funny images, dank memes, and nonsense Shining Armor posts.
Oh I know what that thread is for, but you misunderstand- I'm trying not to do it. I'm sure I'll throw some **** in that thread here and there, but I want to actually contribute a bit more to conversations here, and lower my time spent here. I lurk a-****ing lot, and I hate doing that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Getting Super Pokemon mystery Dungeon makes up for almost getting ran over.

I also have Porcupine waifu amiibo.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
This is now my fourth day in a row of being sick.

My throat feels completely better than how it did three days ago but now my sinuses are what's really bugging me....
Same here man. I lost my voice yesterday but luckily it came back...sort of. My voice sort of cracks a bit when I talk. As if I was going through puberty. :awesome: It's my third day of being sick. And obviously I despise it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Same here man. I lost my voice yesterday but luckily it came back...sort of. My voice sort of cracks a bit when I talk. As if I was going through puberty. :awesome: It's my third day of being sick. And obviously I despise it.
Hoping you feel better soon then, mate.

I've gotten considerably better, but it's still here. And I'm still tired of having to put up with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom