• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I had to give a test without being able to sit down as they literally ran out of chairs for everyone. lol

At least I aced it. :b:

:231:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing the GS Warriors turning the table against the LA Clippers made my day

Well, I had to give a test without being able to sit down as they literally ran out of chairs for everyone. lol

Anwsering a test without sitting is top tier :shades:
So you placed the test paper on a wall to write without problems, or you used a notebook?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Judging by my smash skills when standing up I would be horrible at that haha.

Sitting is nice.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm bad at Splatoon... and that's why its fun. Anyone else feel that way?

Makes losing not matter at all. On the other hand. Playing smash and going on a losing streak isn't as fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo guys, thought I'd ask a question for everyone in the social.

What unpopular/low-bottom tier characters do you main in any of the Smash games, and why?

I play :ness64: in 64. :gawmelee:, :pichumelee: and :kirbymelee: in Melee, :pt:, :ganondorf: and :falcon: (sometimes) in Brawl, and :4bowser:, :4palutena:, :4dedede: & :4zelda: in Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

What unpopular/low-bottom tier characters do you main in any of the Smash games, and why?

I play :ness64: in 64. :gawmelee:, :pichumelee: and :kirbymelee: in Melee, :pt:, :ganondorf: and :falcon: (sometimes) in Brawl, and :4bowser:, :4dedede: and :4zelda: in Smash 4.
Aren't Bowser and Dedede at least mid-tier in Smash 4?

EDIT: Didn't notice the unpopular :lol:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Notification: Falco Amiibo is now available in Best Buy.

Oh don't you worry Amiibo Alerts, I'll be waiting at the doorstep until the place open just to snag that mother****er. :evil:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello guys! How are you? Me, my day was great!

Also, i have see your comment on my level Bitshrum Plain Z25 Z25 , and first of all. Thank you for giving me feedback and stars. :) i only need 13 now. And for the comment itself, i would like to know where you you feeled that the enemy we're not at the best place. Like that, i could see how i can change it for the best.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

I play :ness64: in 64. :gawmelee:, :pichumelee: and :kirbymelee: in Melee, :pt:, :ganondorf: and :falcon: (sometimes) in Brawl, and :4bowser:, :4palutena:, :4dedede: & :4zelda: in Smash 4.
I play as :foxmelee: in Melee. Life's tough.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Although she's actually a secondary, Palutena because she's bae. I just wish she was better...

As it stands it seems if a character is big they aren't very good.
Smash is very movement heavy and big characters typically don't move very fast. They're also really big hitboxes and typically heavy which means combo food.

I honestly don't think big characters can ever really be good in Smash. Maybe Ganondorf since he's on the smaller side of big, but after that, nah.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Although she's actually a secondary, Palutena because she's bae. I just wish she was better...

Smash is very movement heavy and big characters typically don't move very fast. They're also really big hitboxes and typically heavy which means combo food.

I honestly don't think big characters can ever really be good in Smash. Maybe Ganondorf since he's on the smaller side of big, but after that, nah.
Which makes sense. Their power and reach doesn't compare to speed and combos.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I main Lucario. So everyone hates me. :4lucario:

Actually that's not very true anymore. I don't play Lucario that much anymore. Recently, I've been playing Dedede, Ike, Villager and ROB in non customs while I still play Villager specifically in customs. I've been practicing Tempest Ike, and gave up on Dragon Rush Charizard. Sorry 'zard. You just don't click for me. I want to practice more with Mii Gunner though cause I got a Soldier Mii I've been wanting to use but I don't know anything about Gunner.

Once Cloud comes out I'll be putting my full focus on him, unless the supposed other two characters are someone I like more.

D

Deleted member

Dedede in Brawl would like to have a word with you. :dedede:

Fair point about :ganondorfmelee: though, at least in Melee. He's never been as good in the other games, sadly.

I play as :foxmelee: in Melee. Life's tough.
I play as :fox: in Brawl. Life's tough.

D

Deleted member

Outside of chaingrabs, was he actually good? I'm serious, cause I never followed comp Brawl.
He was legitimately good. Aside from his crazy grab range and throw game, he was surprisingly versatile for a heavyweight thanks to his disjoints and aerials. His back air was an excellent attack for walling out people and edguarding them, he could even do two of them in one single shorthop and it had the properties of a sex kick. Waddle Dees effectively helped him counter camping (thanks for blocking me from :fox:, :falco: and :wolf:'s lasers and :samus2:'s missiles and charge shots for me, you beautiful creatures) and set up approaches and combos. He had a bevy of good KO moves at his disposal that were relatively fast, like forward air, down tilt, up tilt and down smash. And considering his heavy weight and very good recovery, he had the best survivability both horizontally and vertically out of any character in Brawl if we're not counting how useful:gw:'s bucket braking was.

So yeah, he was pretty awesome. He of course had trouble with characters like :metaknight:, :popo: and :olimar:... but he was actually a pretty solid pick against :snake:, :warioc: and :marth:.

Top tiers or bust
although I played :4link::link2::kirby2::zelda::kirbymelee::linkmelee: for a while
I'd rather play better characters
Brawl Kirby represent, yo. :kirby2: I also play Link in Melee and 4. I understand why you dropped Lonk and Zelda in Brawl, tho'. Dark times, those were.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

*Points at my mains* As you can see, I'm a bit fond of infamously low-tier characters.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But I'm at school and I'm not gonna be home until 8:00 pm (EST is my timezone) due to staying for an event ;-;

The crew battle's today, right?
rip
Aye but like 7
Imma see if I could push it to later if people don't show up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Points at my mains* As you can see, I'm a bit fond of infamously low-tier characters.
>sees:pt: and Melee :gawmelee:

R E S P E C T

Seriously it's so rare to come across any other Pokemon Trainer players. Really sucks how ignored he was during Brawl's metagame aside from Reflex doing amazing with him, but that stamina mechanic really messed him up. I also play G-dubs in Melee so that's pretty tight.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I used Zelda in my early Brawl days and I used to think she was good. I still use Link sometimes.

I also used Bowser and Luigi in Brawl. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Though but seriously, I notably like playing as Bowser in Melee, and still do. I don't really play against pro players so I manage to do well with him too.

<<<<And as you can see, most of my mains listed are low tiers. I'm not really into competitive play personally.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even tough i don't have a really main in any games. I tend to use low tier character. I don't know why, they are just more fun for me.
:samus64::mewtwomelee::ganondorf::4charizard: For name some.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's a surprise seeing you here. Haha. :)

Well, no one sat so that didn't cross my mind. :laugh:

I usually lurk if I am here. This is true of most places on smashboards though lol.

D

Deleted member

I used Zelda in my early Brawl days and I used to think she was good. I still use Link sometimes.

I also used Bowser and Luigi in Brawl. :laugh:

Everyone thought Zelda in Brawl was good when the game came out because barely anyone knew how to fight her and she got noticeable power buffs from Melee. She just completely died when the game went defensive as the years went on and the flaws of her inherently terrible moveset became apparent.

Don't be hatin' on Brawl Luigi tho'. He's legit. :luigi2:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I tend to play as Little Mac and Bowser the most, both of which seemingly considered low tier, though Mac is debatable.

Oh, and I also play Palutena but only in custom special tournaments in Tourney Mode, where she isn't low tier.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello guys! How are you? Me, my day was great!

Also, i have see your comment on my level Bitshrum Plain Z25 Z25 , and first of all. Thank you for giving me feedback and stars. :) i only need 13 now. And for the comment itself, i would like to know where you you feeled that the enemy we're not at the best place. Like that, i could see how i can change it for the best.
Your welcome! the main problem I had was at the second checkpoint(I believe it was, might have been your other level that had 2 checkpoints not this one). The one that leads into the small space where you need to crouch jump to move one. There are a lot enemies in it, and because it gets to be a small space at time, it makes the level quite difficult, and may be why no one had gone on to beat it.( Although that other comment on it is really uncalled for on it) The giant thwomp part is good though, and the only problem I encountered a few times with the next part) with the giant Monty mole with the cannon on him) was that when the monty mole jumps up, and launches mario straight into the red bullet ball insta killing you, if you lost the mushroom, which i usually had( mainly because of the thwomps in the small space). Basically limiting how many enemies appear at that part can help make the level easier. As for the room with the goalpoint, it's a fun challenge. One thing to make that simpler, could be removing the mushroom blocks and adding a pipe that shoots them out or just remove one of the red bullet ball cannons as those killed me a lot through cornering me as I launched the bombs at the blocks. Although the raised mushroom platform worked well for throwing them.

Overall, I liked the design and challenges in it! Good job!

But now that I've been summoned here, I see we are talking about mains.
Mine are in my signature,in order of who I use most. although roy is being used more then iggy currently, and mewtwo and charziard I use randomly, when I want to play as them. I am also beginning to pick of Lucas. I'm pretty good with him on ground, but I need to work on recovering properly. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom