• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Im against Goku. Oddly enough, I don't really have anything against him or Dragon Ball, but it would just be awkward if he got in.
I can't explain why, sorry.

Was doing a little internet surfing when I found out something quite interesting.

Apparently, Tom and Jerry had a movie that had both characters have full dialogue. I never saw it before, but I really want to. I can't imagine either of them with actual voice overs besides their screams and gulps.

I also learned that people love shipping Tom and Jerry as humans and finding good fan art of Tom is difficult. :4megaman:
I watched it. I loved it when I was younger, but it had a really bad reception.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Meh, Kakka Carrot Cake wouldn't make me upset if he gets in.

Heck, I main Naruto in SSF2 and don't care for his anime/manga.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Silver Age Superman should get in because he will be the first DLC character to actually beat Sheik without any effort and thereby seize his rightful throne as an OP character.
Dude, to defeat Sheik we would need him, Franklin Richards, Captain Universe, The Spectre, Tenchi Misaki, Primus, Galactus and all his Heralds, Unicron, Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, Devil Homura, all the Touhou cast, the Phoenix Force, Pre-Patch Diddy Kong, the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, the Anti-Monitor, Dr. Manhattan, Mega Rayquaza, Brawl Meta Knight, Gilgamesh, all the Beyonders, the Tome of the Night Sky, Shao Kahn and Hentai Woody.

And even so it would barely work.
Apparently, Tom and Jerry had a movie that had both characters have full dialogue. I never saw it before, but I really want to. I can't imagine either of them with actual voice overs besides their screams and gulps.
Don't, it's bad, like it's so bad it can't even be classified as "so bad it's good".

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im against Goku. Oddly enough, I don't really have anything against him or Dragon Ball, but it would just be awkward if he got in.
I can't explain why, sorry.

I watched it. I loved it when I was younger, but it had a really bad reception.
If Goku got in I'm pretty sure like 70% of for glory players would be him.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Prepare yourself Smash social thread, for I have come up with by far one of the most random ideas for a death battle.
Duff vs Diamante

Who would win?
Diamante would annihilate Killigan easily, either shower the entire place with his "stardust balls" or just shake the ground before cutting him to bits.

Unless Killigan has a weapon that can pierce through his steel cape or speed to catch up with a giant living flag, I doubt he would even last long in a serious fight.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
https://youtu.be/Sa_X4gs0T98

I more or less was mostly interested in hearing their voices, and honestly, this isn't that bad. Jerry's child-like accent is actually spot-on to his scoundrel personality. Tom's voice is questionable. Honestly I expected him to have a bit of a deeper voice, but his voice has some charm in it, I suppose.

I guess it could've carried out if it weren't for the fact they've been born speechless, which, like Link, is usually a good thing to stick with. I'm pretty open minded about it because Jerry's voice is so perfect, I would love to hear him constantly sass Tom.

I'll have to watch the movie later when I can to make a full determination about it though. Honestly it could work, but again, Tom and Jerry are born silent, arguably are more silent then Link, it's best to stay that way. *shrugs*

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I remember the days when this place was relevant even without Smash news. :4cloud:
Well, this was one of the reason why I seldom go here, because this thread just go too fast.

So which Social thread is going like wild fire?

And I now really think MTP needs to know what autism really is. He seems to love that word by showing posts in the Rosalina thread... how mature...

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Hello all. I come with news that has been dropped on my lap from a dear, trustworthy friend of mine. He is not part of Nintendo in anyway, but he knows someone who is heavily involved with this version. He sent me a lot of info, but I have managed to condense it into a list. He is also from Germany so his English isn't too perfect. Here is what is coming for the NX version of the game.
*SSB4NX will be a launch title.
*There will be nothing hinted at this next month.
*It will have all characters, including all DLC on disc.
*All regular/unlockable characters in the game will be playable at start, while DLC characters will be unlockable plus 2 additional characters.
*Pichu, Snake and Ice Climbers will return.
*There will 3 methods to unlock each character.
*Because Ice Climbers were cut, from the Wii U/3DS version, they will be available at start, while Pichu and Snake will be unlockable.
*Wolf is going to be an upcoming DLC character for Wii U/3DS and unlockable in NX.
*The game will feature both Smash Run and Smash Tour as well as all modes from both versions.
*Adventure Mode will be returning, but under a different name.
*There will be a story, like in Brawl.
*Stage hazards can be switched off completely, via the new "Stage Difficulty" setting.
*There will be a mode similar to the final match in Smash Tour. Might be called "Team Battle Mode" like in other fighting games.
*All Wii U and 3DS stages will be in NX, except for Flat Zone 2, with a good majority of them getting graphical overhauls.
*Summit and Shadow Moses Island (unlockable) will return.
*DLC stages will be unlockable.
*There are no totally new stages (yet) except the idea of a R.O.B. stage is being suggested.
*All stages will have 8-player Smash capability.
*There will be an Offline Tournament mode.
*NX will feature all trophies from both previous versions.
*There will be an additional 100+ trophies.
*Those that have Wii U and 3DS data can apply it to the NX version and it will automatically give you trophies you've unlocked in those version.
*The SSS and CSS will be redesigned and rearranged so it "makes sense."
*There will be no "extra stages" button.
*Custom stages will be MUCH better than ever before.
*Special Smashes and custom stages can also have up to 8 players.
*Special Smashes can now be customized for each individual character.
*All characters will have custom moves. He says Mewtwo is near top tier with his customs.
*Matches are even more customizable than ever. Items for example can have their own appearance frequency toggled.
*Red Shell and Fan return.
*There will be new Assist Trophies and Pokemon.
*All DLC Mii outfits are in as unlockables.
*Once you've obtained a certain amount of trophies, custom moves, equipment etc. the "Trophy Shop" will be upgraded to sell more than just trophies. Think of it like how Nook's Store is upgraded in Animal Crossing.
*Money/coins collected in Coin Battle is now applied to your in-game currency. The catch is, this only works when playing by yourself and you must win the match. Also, the lower level the CPU is, the less coins you can get. Coin Battles are also only limited to 2 minutes in length.
*There will be no moveset changes.
Each character will now have 10 outfits, which the exception of Bowser Jr. Examples include Mario having his Super Mario Maker box art outfit and Yoshi having white and orange colors.
*Its been suggested by multiple members of the team that Alph may become a separate character with a semi-clone moveset and has Rock Pikmin.
*There are still no character transformations.
*Balance patches will be pushed out more frequently.
*The only DLC NX will get will be stages and Mii Outfits.
*All Wii U and 3DS will be in, with even more featuring the additional characters. Event mode will get a similar treatment.

Got this from Gamefaqs definetly fake. But thought it was worth a look for us.
Wow....this fooled me..... Mainly because I didn't read the whole thing...
:079:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know the world's gone crazy when they are seriously bringing back Bubsy of all things. That cat deserves less than a second chance since 3D already shattered it long ago.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Reading some old posts.

Replying to an old comment Obo, but I think that The TV World would be a better P4 Stage.
But now I'm just thinking of what the P4 Protagonist's moveset would be in SSB.
Oh man I could think up so much stuff for this
A bit late to the discussion, but...
The reason so many people like Undertale is simply because it does everything right. The story is good, the characters are endearing and loveable, the music is excellent, the locations are pleasant and the combat is interesting. There's also the Earthbound similarities which adds even more to it.
You make it sound like its 100% perfect, Name the cons for once

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know the world's gone crazy when they are seriously bringing back Bubsy of all things. That cat deserves less than a second chance since 3D already shattered it long ago.
"What could possibly go wrong?" one employee may have asked during a board meeting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Please tell me that they aren't bringing Bubsy back. He's the ****tiest **** tier mascot character. ****, you should give that chance to Crash or Rocket Knight or something less garbage.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Please tell me that they aren't bringing Bubsy back. He's the ****tiest **** tier mascot character. ****, you should give that chance to Crash or Rocket Knight or something less garbage.
View attachment 83513

They're trying to what? Like, really?
Yes, it's real alright. And they are planning to revive the first two games in an attempt to make him relevant again. Sad, but true.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553404370

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

It's an RPG and not everybody likes that, the color palettes in the hub worlds aren't always the prettiest, and the bullet hell and spare mechanics (despite being a fun and more interactable take on RPG gameplay) make random encounters more tedious.

That's about it for me. I like everything else.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why is this even a thing?
Because the head of the developer is probably a closet Bubsy fan that grew tired of the criticism his franchise had for years. Or to be brief, they're in it for the nostalgia money like most Kickstarter developers.

But that being said, Bubsy is dead and he's better off staying that way. **** sympathy for that orange chattering ****.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This remids me, wasn't there a project to remake all Action 52 games to make them playable? I wonder how that's been going.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because the head of the developer is probably a closet Bubsy fan that grew tired of the criticism his franchise had for years. Or to be brief, they're in it for the nostalgia money like most Kickstarter developers.

But that being said, Bubsy is dead and he's better off staying that way. **** sympathy for that orange chattering ****.
Couldn't have said it better itself, love. To hell with that flea bitten terror and just let him rest in Hell beside Cheetahman! I would truly feel sort for anyone who even dare post that "#SaveBubsy" hashtag on Tumblr or Twitter.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sakurai is probably just watching like

"Bubsy must obviously be a well-liked video game icon. Let's add him in! (laughs)"
Just the thought of Bubsy in Smash makes me feel..... very very disturbed. I truly hope he doesn't become a cult hit in the future or else people will actually vote for him in the next Smash Ballot (Or the Crusade team will finally add him since that theme is already hidden in the game).

D

Deleted member

Out of all the dead platforming mascots, Bubsy was the last one that I expected a revival from, though maybe I shouldn't be surprised since he's been a joke among the gaming community. I can't really say that about someone who was once respected like Crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Bubsy came back before Mother 3 got an official translation.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Painfully slow walking speed (shortcuts can be unlocked later however), terribly small inventory size, some battles take way too long if you want to spare certain enemies, no reason to bother with random encounters once you discover the infinite money exploits (unless you need EXP).
To be frank, none of that matters to me. The game is just so great it's still a 10 from me despite the flaws.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Perfect. Now all we need is Cloud and Ryu preparing to attack him from behind. :troll:
By projectile vomiting from sheer disgust.

I remember someone mentioning before that Smash "needed" more western characters. I don't think it's a big deal, but I wouldn't mind the idea. Technically, Diddy is one, being created by Rare. There's some iconic ones, but most of the ones I can think of are partially owned by Sony and/or Microsoft. Barring Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat. But it'd be weird to not have an MK character rip a person's head off after a fight.

I know it's not really a big deal. But I think it's a more interesting topic than ****posts about Shrek. I'd like to hear some opinions from you guys and girls.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I know it's not really a big deal. But I think it's a more interesting topic than ****posts about Shrek.
Nice try, but nothing is more interesting than ****posts about Shrek. This is fact.

I need to go to sleep, I'm sick and I have three tests tomorrow... :urg:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I leave this thread for just one hour and I come back to find out that Busy is getting a psuedo-revival.

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom