• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I though his final smash would have him contact Panther, and Leon to shoot at people in their Wolfen's.
It could have worked had they not given both Falco and Wolf Landmasters, but knowing Sakurai he's going to give Wolf his Wolfen which is the only way he can be considered a true semi-clone from Fox and Falco.

Granted your idea doesn't sound that out of the woods, speaking of Wolf what will happen to his Orbital Gate chat when he becomes playable? (speaking of in-game taunt chatting, how come they didn't update the Palutena's Temple chat when we got the new DLC characters yet?)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I lost interest in the show as soon as they introduced the dog. There was no need for "Sparky". He didn't change the story in any way, he was just sort of there.
Are there even any decent shows on Nickelodeon anymore? Like any at all?

Very few.

And I totally agree. Sparky is basically Cosmo if he were a dog and even dumber. Combine that with a generally unlikable personality, and boom, you've got the perfect recipe for a bad character.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This talk has reminded me, has the episode where the girl Timmy must share Cosmo and Wanda debuts aired yet?

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Very few.

And I totally agree. Sparky is basically Cosmo if he were a dog and even dumber. Combine that with a generally unlikable personality, and boom, you've got the perfect recipe for a bad character.
I believe that FOP should've ended around when the Wishology special was on. Think about it, everyone basically knew that Timmy had fairy godparents and Timmy himself defeated the big bad that would have destoryed the whole universe. He got the girl and everything was all well. Perfect way to end the series.
This talk has reminded me, has the episode where the girl Timmy must share Cosmo and Wanda debuts aired yet?
I'm not sure seeing as I don't watch Nick anymore. But I think it has.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I can tolerate Poof. It was annoying how many times he was addressed as the greatest thing ever and ccould pretty much do anything despite being a toddler (a fairy, but a toddler nevertheless) to pretty much Gary Stu levels. However, his debut episode was decent to me and with time, those adressings to him kinda vanished, now he's just there, so I don't find annoying anymore.

HOWEVER, that too is a problem. He does almost nothing, he's just there to provide a baby joke or two and that's it. You can't add a main character that does nothing, it's boring.

It finally put the final nail in the coffin with Sparky's inclusion making me go away as far as possible. And now Chloe.

I do know why the show is still airing, but that doesn't makes it any less of a bad show that already passed it's prime.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh. Does this happen often in this thread . . . ?
Comparing how cartoons and cartoon channels to how they used to be and how they are now has been the topic here a few times in the past, but it's really not that common of a subject.

I can tolerate Poof. It was annoying how many times he was addressed as the greatest thing ever and ccould pretty much do anything despite being a toddler (a fairy, but a toddler nevertheless) to pretty much Gary Stu levels. Hoxever, his debut episode was decent to me and with time, those adressings to him kinda vanished, now he's just there, so I don't find annoying anymore.

HOWEVER, that too is a problem. He does almost nothing, he's just there to provide a baby joke or two and that's it. You can't add a main character that does nothing, it's boring.

It finally put the final nail in the coffin with Sparky's inclusion making me go away as far as possible. And now Chloe.
I liked Poof. He had a few episodes which I found entertaining and his introduction episode was one of the better later speicals, IMO.

A few more seasons and it started to decline, then Sparky came along and killed any possible chance of improvement. There's no coming back from a terrible character who happens to be apart of the main cast.

Who's Chloe again though? I don't recall her.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After seeing what a mess FOP has become Im glad Danny Phantom ended after a nice run

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I believe she's the new girl that's going to be appearing in Season 10.
Was/is she going to be Timmy's love interest?

I swear I remember seeing a newer episode a while back (or at least the beginning of it) where Timmy had a crush on a girl that wasn't Trixie for once. The name didn't perfectly strike my memory though....

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I can tolerate Poof. It was annoying how many times he was addressed as the greatest thing ever and ccould pretty much do anything despite being a toddler (a fairy, but a toddler nevertheless) to pretty much Gary Stu levels. Hoxever, his debut episode was decent to me and with time, those adressings to him kinda vanished, now he's just there, so I don't find annoying anymore.

I do know why the show is still airing, but that doesn't makes it any less of a bad show that already passed it's prime.
I agree on the part about Poof. I frankly saw him as you said a Gary Stu. Everyone kept praising him like he was a literal god when he was just a mere baby.
If they would have made him grow through each season and have some development then it wouldn't be as bad. But he's just there like Sparky. Just a waste of space.

I swear I remember seeing a newer episode a while back (or at least the beginning of it) where Timmy had a crush on a girl that wasn't Trixie for once. The name didn't perfectly strike my memory though....
I think I sort of know which episode you're talking about.
The only thing I remember was that Timmy turned goth to impress her because she liked edgy boys.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
You know what bothers me about Poof? In his debut episde, Jorgen takes him to train for 10,000 years. Wanda and Cosmo trick him however by giving him a Poof doll.
Then on the next episodes, Jorgen is seen around Poof and interacts with him like nothing happened. I know they weren't actually going to use that and it was only going to be a joke, but it bothers me. A simple lampshade hang would've sufficed for me.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I still don't know, but she's gonna be another new main character. In her case, she's gonna be Timmy's new neighbour who suffers the same problems as him, and because there are no other fairies available and they live near, he now has to share his FOP with her.

Yep, it's as stupid as it sounds.

At least they didn't recycle the idea for Poof like they did with Sparky though.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm not quite sure on the love interest part though she will be the one that Timmy will have to share his fairies with apparently. You would think that they would stop adding new main characters as we have enough, but no. They've already jumped the shark once and now they're jumping it again.

And I know almost nothing about the newer episodes except for the dog since I stopped watching the show sometime ago.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Atleast Fairly Odd Parents doesn't rely on the whip crack sound ever 5 seconds,
I actually liked and still like Johnny Test. It is... Tolerable. Certainly better than shows like Pickle and Peanut and most of the stuff that airs on Nick nowsdays.
Plus my Dexter's Lab nostalgia really adds to it.

EDIT:
Small bit of NSFW language at the end

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I still don't know, but she's gonna be another new main character. In her case, she's gonna be Timmy's new neighbour who suffers the same problems as him, and because there are no other fairies available and they live near, he now has to share his FOP with her.

At least they didn't recycle the idea for Poof like they did with Sparky though.
That just contradicts with what lore the show has shown. In the old seasons you never heard of sharing fairies. It's child who is miserable gets fairy godparents to make their life better. Once they reach adulthood, they lose their fairies and any memory of them existing. Simple as that. The new seasons just throw all of that away and ignore any continutiy whatsoever.
But who am I to say such things. "It's a kids cartoon after all."
The series is timeless. But when is Timmy going to grow up?
Did you watch the live-action movie with Drake Bell? That's when he grows up.
Here's the proof.

The fairies look ugly as **** though. :p

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That just contradicts with what lore the show has shown. In the old seasons you never heard of sharing fairies. It's child who is miserable gets fairy godparents to make their life better. Once they reach adulthood, they lose their fairies and any memory of them existing. Simple as that. The new seasons just throw all of that away and ignore any continutiy whatsoever.
But who am I to say such things. It's a kids cartoon after all.

Did you watch the live-action movie with Drake Bell? That's when he grows up.
Here's the proof.

The fairies look ugly as **** though. :p
What they only care for now is for the show to still air. Really, it has stopped being profitable long ago, but they still have to keep it going... sadly.

Being for kids is no excuse for being bad and dump continuity to the trash. While it is an episodic series, Most of the Rules used to be conisistent, now they're not.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I saw it I enjoyed them. I mean on the show though. But I guess I answered my own question with him it being timeless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
What they only care for now is for the show to still air. Really, it has stopped being profitable long ago, but they still have to keep it going... sadly.

Being for kids is no excuse for being bad and dump continuity to the trash. While it is an episodic series, Most of the Rules used to be conisistent, now they're not.
I despise how since it's a children's cartoon, everyone thinks it's suppose to cater only to kids. Just because it is does not excuse sloppy writing, morals that are just plain wrong, and horrible role models.
These kids are the future so it's best to teach them lessons to make the world a better tomorrow instead of well making it worse.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I despise how since it's a children's cartoon, everyone thinks it's suppose to cater to only to kids. Just because it is does not excuse sloppy writing, morals that are just plain wrong, and horrible role models.
These kids are the future so it's best to teach them lessons to make the world a better tomorrow instead of well making it worse.
Sounds like the same problem with Teen Titans Go!, but that's another story.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Mr. Enter said it all about children's cartoons in his "Return of Slade" TTG episode review.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just found it better to not acknowledge the show's existance and just focus on the other good shows on Cartoon Network. It'll end eventually ...right?:lol:
It's their current Johnny Test. Thankfully, here in Latin America we get more broadcasts of their other shows rather than that.

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
It's their current Johnny Test. Thankfully, here in Latin America we get more broadcasts of their other shows rather than that.
Lucky. I rarely watch television seeing how I can just use the internet to watch the shows I like, but whenever I decide to turn on the T.V, I sometimes have the misfortune of having Teen Titans Go playing. You what I find funny? The creators of the show themselves hate their creation. I think it was in some review I saw probably the one Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara mentioned. They make fun of the show because they see how horrible it is...Then why don't they just end it? There's no lost whatsoever. CN has other shows to keep it afloat.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm not quite sure on the love interest part though she will be the one that Timmy will have to share his fairies with apparently. You would think that they would stop adding new main characters as we have enough, but no. They've already jumped the shark once and now they're jumping it again.

And I know almost nothing about the newer episodes except for the dog since I stopped watching the show sometime ago.
....huh.

....still sounds a million times better than Sparky's mere existence, but that's really gonna change the direction of the show.....and I don't think they'd manage to pull it off in a good way. Maybe an idea like that could've worked in a much earlier season, but overall it just sorta destroys what the show's been for many years, regardless of how crappy her character may be.

They've added baby, a dog, and now a Rule 63 Timmy clone who has to share fairies with him. What are they gonna add next?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Cartoon Network really has the most decent cartoons on nowadays. Even Teen Titans Go is tolerable.

Star vs. The Forces of Evil is a bit bland after a few episodes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom