• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Lucky. I rarely watch television seeing how I can just use the internet to watch the shows I like, but whenever I decide to turn on the T.V, I sometimes have the misfortune of having Teen Titans Go playing. You what I find funny? The creators of the show themselves hate their creation. I think it was in some review I saw probably the one Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara mentioned. They make fun of the show because they see how horrible it is...Then why don't they just end it? There's no lost whatsoever. CN has other shows to keep it afloat.
Not really. They actually didn't watch the old Teen Titans cartoon when they started working in that series.
They literally handled the Teen Titans license to people who never watched the original.
And the writers seem proud of their work at least. "The Return of Slade" was a huge rating trap who built an enormous ****ty metaphor about cartoons using clowns.

It's Mr. Enter, so there will be NSFW language.

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
....huh.

....still sounds a million times better than Sparky's mere existence, but that's really gonna change the direction of the show.....and I don't think they'd manage to pull it off in a good way. Maybe an idea like that could've worked in a much earlier season, but overall it just sorta destroys what the show's been for many years, regardless of how crappy her character may be.

They've added baby, a dog, and now a Rule 63 Timmy clone who has to share fairies with him. What are they gonna add next?
A evil version of the Rule 63 Timmy clone. :p It happened to Poof and Sparky, so eventually we'll have a evil version of her somehow.
Not really. They actually didn't watch the old Teen Titans cartoon when they started working in that series.
They literally handled the Teen Titans license to people who never watched the original.
And the writers seem proud of their work at least. "The Return of Slade" was a huge rating trap who built an enormous ****ty metaphor about cartoons using clowns.
Really? Huh... Could of swore I heard that there was a episode where they make fun of the show.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gravity Falls is my favorite show on TV right now regardless of what many of my avatars might hint at otherwise. :p

That being said, Gravity Falls' current channel, Disney XD, is also home to that....Pickle & Peanut. That show is just.....yuck. Pure yuck.

A evil version of the Rule 63 Timmy clone. :p It happened to Poof and Sparky, so eventually we'll have a evil version of her somehow.
......Aw Hell.

Wait a second, those were anti-fairies though, right? So I think we're in the clear.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
CN is gud again (with the exception of Gumball of course)

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
......Aw Hell.
Wait a second, those were anti-fairies though, right? So I think we're in the clear.
The writers would find a way. They always do. Even if it's the most ludicrous way ever imagined.
But who knows? Maybe we'll get spared in not getting a 2edgy4me clone.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Aw you didnt max Yosuke yet?
Well, like I said, I'm gonna focus on Magician (Yosuke) now.

If I can't max out all of my SLs, I might play this game again.
I'm serious.
I don't normally go for 2nd playthroughs (Or New Game +s, if this game has one of those), but if I really like something, I might not be able to help myself from experiencing it a second time.
I just hope that I can start the Tower Social Link soon.
I. NEED. MORE. UNDERSTANDING.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I need to catch up with Steven Universe. It's one of the show I've procrastinated on catching up on. Last one I watched was Mirror Gem. That was a good one.

It's also been too long since I last watched an Adventure Time episode. Kinda stopped watching it when they took Flame Princess' situation down a turn I didn't like.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I've barely kept up with Regular Show, I've missed literally seasons of Adventure Time, I haven't even STARTED Steven Universe, and I haven't finished my recording of Over the Garden Wall yet.

To top it off I've missed weeks of Toonami.

I FINALLY GET MY OWN DVR AND I CAMT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO PROGRAM IT.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I've barely kept up with Regular Show, I've missed literally seasons of Adventure Time, I haven't even STARTED Steven Universe, and I haven't finished my recording of Over the Garden Wall yet.

To top it off I've missed weeks of Toonami.

I FINALLY GET MY OWN DVR AND I CAMT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO PROGRAM IT.
And that's why we have KissCartoon/KissAnime ;)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still need to finish my SU marathon.

I caught up with MLP thanks to a marathon the channel was showing once last year.

Need to catch up with Adventure Time again from where I last left off.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
And that's why we have KissCartoon/KissAnime ;)
That site is how I've been able to watch Gravity Falls, which I still have 30+ episodes of to catch up on, but I've been lazy with that. Perhaps in a week or two I'll start binge watching it in order to catch up.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Other than Gravity Falls and to a bit lesser extent Gumball, I honestly find all toons on TV today to be at best mediocre. That being said, I haven't watched We Bare Bears or Over The Garden Wall, and I'm not even sure if Wabbit has been released yet or not.

:094:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In order of my current favorite modern cartoons:

1: Gravity Falls.
2: My Little Pony.
3: Adventure Time.
4:Regular Show.
Undecided Position: Steven Universe.

That last one might just go up a bit higher as I progress into it.

I still enjoy older Spongebob episodes, and on occasion, they might just get a new good one in.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Other than Gravity Falls and to a bit lesser extent Gumball, I honestly find all toons on TV today to be at best mediocre. That being said, I haven't watched We Bare Bears or Over The Garden Wall, and I'm not even sure if Wabbit has been released yet or not.

:094:
Wabbit has been on air for a while now and it harkens back to the old Loony Toons cartoons.

We Bare Bears has great characters and the background blends naturally with the bears. Over the Garden Wall, while short, has a great story.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
That site is how I've been able to watch Gravity Falls, which I still have 30+ episodes of to catch up on, but I've been lazy with that. Perhaps in a week or two I'll start binge watching it in order to catch up.
Don't forget to watch Legend of Korra too! :D

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We cartoon social now?

For the currently aired cartoons, I'll list them in order of preference:
  1. Gravity Falls
  2. We Bare Bears
  3. Steven Universe
  4. Regular Show
  5. Clarence
  6. Adventure Time
  7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  8. The Amazing World of Gumball

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
  1. Regular Show
  2. Steven Universe
  3. The Amazing World of Gumball
That's all I have to say.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I agree with pretty every cartoon posted except one: The "Amazing" World of Gumball.

It's absolutely painful to sit through.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's absolutely painful to sit through.
I said that months ago but I gave it a second chance and its jokes on the animation genre are so well thought out.

It's advertising and earlier episodes were annoying, though.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Cartoon social? As long as we're something and there's activity here, I'm fine with whatever.

I'm not sure how to rank the shows I like (other than Pokemon as #1), so I'll just list the cartoons/anime I've been watching.
MLP, Gravity Falls, Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, Regular Show, We Bare Bears, DBZ Kai on Toonami (even though I've already seen it all, why not :drshrug:) and TMNT (I'm really behind on this one though). Also I'm thinking about starting to watch Steven Universe. It sounds like a good show.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I gave up on Gumball about half-way into season 2. I just simply didn't really enjoy most of it's episodes, save for it's Halloween Special.

Also, the episode with the rejected CGI muppet (Mr. Robinson) singing and dancing on stage was pretty funny, IMO.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
1- Gravity Falls
2- Regular Show
3- Steven Universe
4- Clarence
5- TMNT
6- Adventure Time
7- We Bare Bears
8- Gumball

...yeah that's it :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've kind of stopped watching Cartoon Network after Clone Wars and Ben 10 ended. Nowadays I watch anime, Star Wars Rebels, and The Flash.

And now us non-premium members are a minority in this thread.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've kind of stopped watching Cartoon Network after Clone Wars and Ben 10 ended. Nowadays I watch anime, Star Wars Rebels, and The Flash.

And now us non-premium members are a minority in this thread.
tbh, it annoys me to post more in disco room, but the truth is I don't have the choice.

Like almost everyone is in the disco room, it annoys me I have to make my post at a price to read, but I really don;t have much choice or otherwise it's boring :(

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Gravity Falls is my favorite show on TV right now regardless of what many of my avatars might hint at otherwise. :p

That being said, Gravity Falls' current channel, Disney XD, is also home to that....Pickle & Peanut. That show is just.....yuck. Pure yuck.
I kind of wished GF was on regular Disney channel, no thanks to Disney Infinity 3.0 that awesome theme song of theirs has warped my mind completely (no thanks to the Mountain Ridge Rush mission where you go downhill on a golf cart with any character you want, including my favorite character in Violet Parr (who's the closest to Mabel we're going to get until they give her a figure), it sounds soo hypnotizing, must resist hypnotizing theme song, VIOLET HELP MY BRAIN, IT'S GETTING CONSUMED BY KITTEN FISTS (now I want the Kittens for Fists power disc).

WHY ISN'T GRAVITY FALLS ON REGULAR DISNEY CHANNEL?? And what in the world is Pickle & Peanut? Please tell me it's not Disney's answer to Nickelodeon's god awful Breadwinners? (another gross out show for little boys).

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Have you guys ever heard of Pig Goat Banana Cricket on Nickelodeon? I watched one episode and it was...I'm not sure how to describe it. :urg:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
After that brief poll, I'm surprised. Wouldn't Xander Mobus be a better choice to make the Smash Ballot Results show more dramatic. After all, it's more anticipated than the other DLC. It has to be big. If it was Sakurai, it'll just be kind of disappointing. Seriously, man, learn to speak English or have the announcer host.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
After that brief poll, I'm surprised. Wouldn't Xander Mobus be a better choice to make the Smash Ballot Results show more dramatic. After all, it's more anticipated than the other DLC. It has to be big. If it was Sakurai, it'll just be kind of disappointing. Seriously, man, learn to speak English or have the announcer host.
Well, it really just makes sense for Sakurai, the director of the game to host the last smash direct for what could have the final pieces of DLC for smash 4.

And "learn to speak english"?

You know there IS more likely than not going to be a guy who is going to be talking in english over Sakurai like in the April 2014 smash direct right?

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Well, it really just makes sense for Sakurai, the director of the game to host what could have the final pieces of DLC for smash 4.

And "learn to speak english"?

You know there IS more likely than not going to be a guy who is going to be talking in english over Sakurai like in the April 2014 smash direct right?
What would Sakurai do if someone in person tells him to ATTEMPT to say something in English by handing over something like a note that says "Hello, nice to meet you."?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Starcraft 1 is hard, but fun.
I'm clenching vs campaign AI.
Therefore, it's also hard-butt fun.
please forgive my puns.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
She's overall had more history and whatnot, not to mention a closer relationship with Nintendo.
:4cloud:
After seeing what a mess FOP has become Im glad Danny Phantom ended after a nice run
I feel the same way about Simpsons and Futurama.
That just contradicts with what lore the show has shown. In the old seasons you never heard of sharing fairies. It's child who is miserable gets fairy godparents to make their life better. Once they reach adulthood, they lose their fairies and any memory of them existing. Simple as that. The new seasons just throw all of that away and ignore any continutiy whatsoever.
But who am I to say such things. "It's a kids cartoon after all."

Did you watch the live-action movie with Drake Bell? That's when he grows up.
Here's the proof.

The fairies look ugly as **** though. :p
DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT.
Nickelodeon as a whole is a lost cause.

Like Konami, so many good IPs gone to ****.
Hey, Legend of Korra was amazing! ...And then it ended.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello guys! What's going on here? CN talk? Well for me, CN is still good. But definely less good than before, for me atleast. (Also TTG but i won't talk about it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom