• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So since i can't post on the appropriate thread. (Because i will double post if i do that.) I'm gonna to post this here.

So @SlickWylde , the 31 October have passed. So what is going to happen?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh wow dude your are on a roll :250:

I take it you are loving this game to death now?
Yup.
I can tell that there are some SLs I'm still missing though, like Judgement and Tower. (The reason I know this is because of Arcana Chance, as well as a few personas I've fused)
This game is really fun.
Between all of the various religious and mythological references, I honestly wasn't expecting to see Mothman show up as a persona.
I also wasn't expecting to shadows that were basically BIG RED TANKS.
Also, for the record, the Persona I used to defeat Shadow Mitsuo is Black Frost.
Mind Charge + Agidyne + 50% boost to all fire attacks = MASSIVE DAMAGE

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
So... Alpha posted this on Twitter and it blew my mind.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hi everyone, what's up? :)
Yesterday was pretty fun. Not so much the free candy as hanging out with my cousins but trick-or-treating was a good excuse to have fun with them. :grin:
It's been a few years since I last trick-or-treated, and it seems that there was a cultural shift in the treat-giving in my neighborhood since I last went. Before, the people at the door would hand candy to you, but now many people in my neighborhood show you the bowl and tell you to take whatever candy you want. It was different, so I wasn't really used to it, but I guess it's a good thing. You have the ability to take a candy you like, which is pretty good. So there's less wasted candy since you can pick your favorites.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Honestly this whole time change **** is stupid as ****. Why not just leave it alone?
Yes, it is stupid. This is something that needs to be left in the hands of civil society so it can evolve regardless of the legislature.
All DST does nowadays is force people to re-learn a sleep schedule and cause headaches for managers.
Benjamin Franklin's essay was a deliberate joke:
Source: http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/franklin.html

But, today, there is no evidence to support the idea that it might increase energy costs or whatever.
In fact, due to heating concerns and the advent of modern lighting, it is likely to raise the costs.
Regardless, gov't shouldn't be deciding stuff like this for us.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Too bad it's too late for me to a draw. Oh well, i still have made that one.
Marsa.jpeg
I'm still impresse that i was able to do that like 75% like i imagined. Especially since i haven't drawning since some time when i have do this one. But it make me feel a little proud of me. :) (Still, i can't wait @Jatayu version of this character.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My friend dressed up like a deer yesterday so I made deer puns around her.

Said she was a "deer friend" and that she was very "fawn'd of it"

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
It's a trap.
Link in he cheerleader outfit.
Artistic liberties were taken.
Triforce Heroes Link is a tubbins.
It may be a trap, but it's glorious.
There's also link wearing Zelda's dress as one of the outfits in it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So.... one of those pictures that makes you want to question humanity?
I do not question humanity.
Humanity is not a singular blob that can be questioned.
I question certain parts of humanity.
It may be a trap, but it's glorious.
There's also link wearing Zelda's dress as one of the outfits in it.
Only gloriously so because of said artistic liberties, IMO.
Still...

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
My friend dressed up like a deer yesterday so I made deer puns around her.

Said she was a "deer friend" and that she was very "fawn'd of it"
Everytime I see puns I'm reminded of Sans from Undertale since y'know he tells a lot of jokes and stuff. :awesome:
--
So how is everyone today? :) I'm okay since I slept well and all. :b:
My candy is gone. Not because I ate it all, but my sister did. I ate the last ones though. :denzel:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi :)

So I figured a lot of stuff on spm ( Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ) abotu the 2d movement and hitboxes, it;s a bit complicated but very interesting stuff because here's the TL;DR: the way you can move in 2d mode is defined indirectly by where the camera is and where it looks.

It;s pretty interesting stuff to know about spm so I migth explain it tomorrow if I have time :)
Well, I felt like doing it in the morning before i cook some sausage so Metal Shop X Metal Shop X :)

Spoiler because it will involves images and long texts, it;s hard to explain if I don;t use images.

Ok let me just recap what i discovered of what is happening in the game normally.

There's 2 main values that I used in my testing: the map render mode and the camera mode. The map render mode tells how the map is rendered at anty point, you can have it 2d mode render or 3d mode render or.......an upside down mode whcih idk why it even exists.

Basically, you saw it already, it allowed me to do this:

Yeah, it creates some laoding problem, but this is the most interesting part of it, because the point of this is to have an accurate visual of the map when everything happens in 2d mode and it also allows to use free look.

So, there's 2 interesting things that happens in 2d mode, #1, you can ONLY move from left to right. The only other movement differences is the crouch whioch you gain, but let me explain what it means for left and right. If you imagine a circle, it means that you can only go to angles that are opposite to each other. Normally, it';s right (90 degree) and left (270 degree), I think you can guess that 0 is forward and 180 is backward. You can ONLY move there which normally prevents any movement on the Z axis (the depth, it's the axis that is forward backward).

So, how can you hit a saveblcok which is placed at specific coordinates in 2d mode if you cannot move in the Z axis?

The answer lies here:

You can clearly see I never was under the block, but I coudl hit it. It's not the hitbox of mario (testing showed it would make no sense), it's the hitbox of the save block itself that was expanded on the Z axis.
Pretty much every if not most objects int he game like doors and npc has that, the only requirement being that they are loaded (some has restrictions like the tower elevator door, but msot don't).

Why would they do this?

The entire point of 2d mode is to make the Z axis make no difference on your movement, expanding the hitbox on that axis just do that. In 3d mode, you can move on all axis, but these expansions are disabled which is why you can't hit a siveblock while you are next to it in 3d, but ou can in 2d.

Now, everything I told you is known and happens normally........but gltich hunters wants to care about more stuff.

Because that';s not the full story. Ever wondered how you can only move from left to right?

It's calculated by......the camera.

Ok so normally the game puts the camera mode as autofollow which follows the character, but I have to [put it in manual mode to be able to do test on it, it's annoying because the game doesn;t give a thign about moving the camera and I have to do it, btu it;s the only way.

The camera has 2 xyz coordinates, the position of the camera, where it is looking from and the focus point, where it is looking at. Just imagine that these 2 coordinates forms a line in the 3d space. This line can be claculated and everything including its angle. You can even calculate what woudl be the line perfectly perpendicular to it and this line woudl be your axis of movement.

Now, this might sound like amth nerds, but let me show pics so that everything I said makes sense.

Here, I hacked my camera to have a tilted angle of around 63 degree:

Notice that mario still faces the screen? this is still 2d mode btw so he can only move from left to right RELATIVE TO THE ANGLE OF THE CAMERA!

So, it;s no longer 90 and 270 degree, it;s these + around 63 so around 153 and 333 degree. Aka, it;s like you can move in ONLY a tilted diagonal angle in 3d.

So.....what was the poitn of knowing this?

The hitboxes reactions. Some objects like save block keeps their original Z axis expansion because here:

i can;t hit the block (I am still in 2d mode btw, I jsut tilted the camera like so)

But here:

I can.

The thign is other stuff such as doors and npc has their hitbox expansion tilted too, here's me taliing to an npc that I am clearly not facing in the Z axis:

her hitbox was expanded on MY axis mvoement which is still relative to the camera. Doors works the same and this can mean you can open them even thoguh are are very far from them.

One last thing, for some reason, I acn;t flip normally with he camera mode in manual, I have to be at autofollow.

so there, i will do more test on the 3d modes and stuff before doing part 2, this mechanic bte is the msot important of the whole game so it's improtant to understand it :)

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Everytime I see puns I'm reminded of Sans from Undertale since y'know he tells a lot of jokes and stuff. :awesome:
--
So how is everyone today? :) I'm okay since I slept well and all. :b:
My candy is gone. Not because I ate it all, but my sister did. I ate the last ones though. :denzel:
I still have a whopping 2 bags left or something like that. Quiet last night.
Then again I live near KC and everyone here seems to be obsessed with our baseball team, and they had a game last night. /shrug

Pundertale is an amazing game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I felt like doing it in the morning before i cook some sausage so Metal Shop X Metal Shop X :)

Spoiler because it will involves images and long texts, it;s hard to explain if I don;t use images.

Ok let me just recap what i discovered of what is happening in the game normally.

There's 2 main values that I used in my testing: the map render mode and the camera mode. The map render mode tells how the map is rendered at anty point, you can have it 2d mode render or 3d mode render or.......an upside down mode whcih idk why it even exists.

Basically, you saw it already, it allowed me to do this:

Yeah, it creates some laoding problem, but this is the most interesting part of it, because the point of this is to have an accurate visual of the map when everything happens in 2d mode and it also allows to use free look.

So, there's 2 interesting things that happens in 2d mode, #1, you can ONLY move from left to right. The only other movement differences is the crouch whioch you gain, but let me explain what it means for left and right. If you imagine a circle, it means that you can only go to angles that are opposite to each other. Normally, it';s right (90 degree) and left (270 degree), I think you can guess that 0 is forward and 180 is backward. You can ONLY move there which normally prevents any movement on the Z axis (the depth, it's the axis that is forward backward).

So, how can you hit a saveblcok which is placed at specific coordinates in 2d mode if you cannot move in the Z axis?

The answer lies here:

You can clearly see I never was under the block, but I coudl hit it. It's not the hitbox of mario (testing showed it would make no sense), it's the hitbox of the save block itself that was expanded on the Z axis.
Pretty much every if not most objects int he game like doors and npc has that, the only requirement being that they are loaded (some has restrictions like the tower elevator door, but msot don't).

Why would they do this?

The entire point of 2d mode is to make the Z axis make no difference on your movement, expanding the hitbox on that axis just do that. In 3d mode, you can move on all axis, but these expansions are disabled which is why you can't hit a siveblock while you are next to it in 3d, but ou can in 2d.

Now, everything I told you is known and happens normally........but gltich hunters wants to care about more stuff.

Because that';s not the full story. Ever wondered how you can only move from left to right?

It's calculated by......the camera.

Ok so normally the game puts the camera mode as autofollow which follows the character, but I have to [put it in manual mode to be able to do test on it, it's annoying because the game doesn;t give a thign about moving the camera and I have to do it, btu it;s the only way.

The camera has 2 xyz coordinates, the position of the camera, where it is looking from and the focus point, where it is looking at. Just imagine that these 2 coordinates forms a line in the 3d space. This line can be claculated and everything including its angle. You can even calculate what woudl be the line perfectly perpendicular to it and this line woudl be your axis of movement.

Now, this might sound like amth nerds, but let me show pics so that everything I said makes sense.

Here, I hacked my camera to have a tilted angle of around 63 degree:

Notice that mario still faces the screen? this is still 2d mode btw so he can only move from left to right RELATIVE TO THE ANGLE OF THE CAMERA!

So, it;s no longer 90 and 270 degree, it;s these + around 63 so around 153 and 333 degree. Aka, it;s like you can move in ONLY a tilted diagonal angle in 3d.

So.....what was the poitn of knowing this?

The hitboxes reactions. Some objects like save block keeps their original Z axis expansion because here:

i can;t hit the block (I am still in 2d mode btw, I jsut tilted the camera like so)

But here:

I can.

The thign is other stuff such as doors and npc has their hitbox expansion tilted too, here's me taliing to an npc that I am clearly not facing in the Z axis:

her hitbox was expanded on MY axis mvoement which is still relative to the camera. Doors works the same and this can mean you can open them even thoguh are are very far from them.

One last thing, for some reason, I acn;t flip normally with he camera mode in manual, I have to be at autofollow.

so there, i will do more test on the 3d modes and stuff before doing part 2, this mechanic bte is the msot important of the whole game so it's improtant to understand it :)
From what i understand. Yeah, it's seem rather complicate. But still freaking awesome! I imagine now how SPM if it was in 3D like the old PM. and your picture give me a better image for that. :)

But now, i am going to bed. So have a good time here and see you tomorrow! Good night! :)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Seems dead at the moment. How is everyone right now?
My parents were arguing before and my mum left... Also i am going to install my 2TB hard drive as a secondary HDD soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am getting tired of getting no news. It's been pissing me off for more than a month now. Just WHEN...? The damn ballot is already over. How long is this supposed to take!?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Seems dead at the moment. How is everyone right now?
I'm so bored out of my mind right now. This weekend's homework was too easy, I'm finally tired of Yoshi's Woolly World, and the next game of the World Series isn't for THREE HOURS!

Rie Sonomura and I make Smash Shipping group: http://smashboards.com/social-forums/smash-shipping.1881/

come post pics jajajaja
Oh yes, I remember the original smash shipping thread. I've seen the best of it, I've seen the worst of it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Am getting tired of getting no news. It's been pissing me off for more than a month now. Just WHEN...? The damn ballot is already over. How long is this supposed to take!?
Well, considering that Kimishima at least "promised" that there will be a direct before the year is over, and that around this time last year there was a direct, I think it just might be possible that the wait could end this week. Not sure if it will, but still, it's possible.

Also, I'm sorry I spilled pink paint on your username.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, considering that Kimishima at least "promised" that there will be a direct before the year is over, and that around this time last year there was a direct, I think it just might be possible that the wait could end this week. Not sure if it will, but still, it's possible.
Do we actually know he meant end of 2015? I mean, he could've meant fiscal year as well. April 1st is the start of the next fiscal year.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm so bored out of my mind right now. This weekend's homework was too easy, I'm finally tired of Yoshi's Woolly World, and the next game of the World Series isn't for THREE HOURS!

Oh yes, I remember the original smash shipping thread. I've seen the best of it, I've seen the worst of it.
Do you know who Trihex is? I imagine you don't have much interest in Twitch.tv in the first place, but I thought I'd check!

Jawohl, the first thread was a bit of a trainwreck. I imagine it got shunted off to the character subforum for constantly having borderline topics / pictures. :D

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hi everyone, what's up? :)
Yesterday was pretty fun. Not so much the free candy as hanging out with my cousins but trick-or-treating was a good excuse to have fun with them. :grin:
It's been a few years since I last trick-or-treated, and it seems that there was a cultural shift in the treat-giving in my neighborhood since I last went. Before, the people at the door would hand candy to you, but now many people in my neighborhood show you the bowl and tell you to take whatever candy you want. It was different, so I wasn't really used to it, but I guess it's a good thing. You have the ability to take a candy you like, which is pretty good. So there's less wasted candy since you can pick your favorites.
Been a few years since I trick-or-treated (and I probably won't ever again) but I would usually just get whatever candy the owners of the homes picked.

On occasion we would come across folks who did that though. Those people were always really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom