• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Happy November, everyone! :4pacman:
(Atleast, in Eastern Standard time.)
Are you Americans gonna enjoy your Thanksgiving?
I already had mine! :4pacman:
Why am I using ! so much? My 1 key is broken! I'm risking burning my hand on my computer's overheating 24/7 base doing this!
I should stop! :4pacman:
You betcha! :4charizard:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Question: Do most Smash tournaments that take place at school gaming clubs tend to have questionable rules, or is it just me having this experience???

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Speaking of Valve, playing Left 4 Dead 2 right now :D
Anybody wanna play? I don't want to deal with ******** bots D:

EDIT:

Question: Do most Smash tournaments that take place at school gaming clubs tend to have questionable rules, or is it just me having this experience???
Yes. I had similar experiences.
School game clubs often have scrubs / casual elitists in them.

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
S̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶c̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶v̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶r̶̶̶i̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶, I have been playing No More Heroes today. It's extremely fun, although a bit mindless. There's no real strategy when it come to fighting the normal enemies except having to swing high or low depend on how the enemy is blocking. Even then, you can basically go through the stages without anything thought on your attacks.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Yes. I had similar experiences.
School game clubs often have scrubs / casual elitists in them.
It seems that school tournaments purposely come up with rules that hinder the tournament experience, here are some examples I've been told about; example one, you're only allowed to use 2 characters throughout the entire tournament. Example two, the tournament starts off with 4-player free-for-all's then gets into 1-v-1's later in bracket.

My club has decided that FD and Omegas are the only legal stages, and that all DLC characters are banned because not everyone has access to them (which seems like a HUGE middle finger to the people who play those characters, IMHO).

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
It seems that school tournaments purposely come up with rules that hinder the tournament experience, here are some examples I've been told about; example one, you're only allowed to use 2 characters throughout the entire tournament. Example two, the tournament starts off with 4-player free-for-all's then gets into 1-v-1's later in bracket.

My club has decided that FD and Omegas are the only legal stages, and that all DLC characters are banned because not everyone has access to them (which seems like a HUGE middle finger to the people who play those characters, IMHO).
I am literally the only serious Smash 4 player at my school and I'm not even that good.

Trust me, it could be worse.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Look, it's me dressed as Black Mage! (sort of)
bmage.jpg

This is the closest I'm going to get to posting my actual face on here.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I finally get to check out the new update for FNAF4. Let's see what we-- BALLOON BOY IS BACK! HOLY HYPEZONE!

Takin' yo job, Plush****. :troll:
I just realized that Purple Guy has The Medic's animation for this TF2 taunt complete with poses and it's so beautiful.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Welp I just broke my promise that I made. I went trick-or-treating. Mind you I had to do it for some Halloween related video I'm doing for my Video Tech class, but at least I got some candy. :awesome:
A freaking lady told me if I had any friends with me during trick-or-treating since I was alone. I told her the truth. Which was no. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I have hosted Smash tournaments in school and because of time constraints the ruleset was 2min and 1 stock and all stages allowed.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
In case anyone cares, my Halloween was pretty great. Went to a food-festival to go participate in a Smash tournament. Apparently, the governor (I could be wrong, but it was some political figure) of California was there too, so that's pretty neat.
I won the tournament pretty easily, although I had a pretty close match with the mega man at finals. And as a reward, I got some cash and some other thingamabobs.
And the best part is that I didn't hear a single doorbell ring the whole day. Huzah.
Beside making the first bracket a free-for-all, my school's smash community's rules are pretty much tournament legal.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I have hosted Smash tournaments in school and because of time constraints the ruleset was 2min and 1 stock and all stages allowed.
17 stock
Marth only
Great Cave Offensive
Beam swords and crates

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Once I did a...

Bowser only
99 Stocks
HYRULE TEMPLE

...in Melee but I ended the match when everybody had around 46 lives because it was too late at night.

D

Deleted member

That costume is really cool man. :b:
I like it.
Tbh I would never show a actual picture of my face on here, regardless if I have a mask on or not.
Sharing pictures of one's face is perhaps the (if not, one of the) most powerful kriptonite on the internet. Got to be careful with that stuff.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Uuuuuh. . .

I just got a review for the Fanfiction I've been writing for the lulz, but I think the person deleted it since I got an E-mail alert but it isn't on the site, and it's in incomprehensible Spanish. . .I think. . .you know what? I'll try running it through a few other languages in Google Translate just to make sure.
:genial ... estupendo ... LO ADORO, e de compararte con los escritores de la libertad y rik riordan
????????????

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Uuuuuh. . .

I just got a review for the Fanfiction I've been writing for the lulz, but I think the person deleted it since I got an E-mail alert but it isn't on the site, and it's in incomprehensible Spanish. . .I think. . .you know what? I'll try running it through a few other languages in Google Translate just to make sure.

????????????
Well I'm not very good with Spanish but I can tell you that it's a positive review. :)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"rik riordan"
Who is this? Rick Astley's future self?
I have NO idea.

Google Translate swears it's Spanish, but it degenerates from generic praise to "what is this supposed to mean?" to those two words at the end completely untranslated.

: Great ... great ... I adore him, and comparing yourself to freedom and writers rik riordan
Google Translate is finally starting to give me the stinkers it's known for, because I am lost as all heck right now.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Uuuuuh. . .

????????????
I don't know much Spanish... Something like "It's stupendous, I LOVE IT! It reminds me of Rick Riordan's books."

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I have NO idea.

Google Translate swears it's Spanish, but it degenerates from generic praise to "what is this supposed to mean?" to those two words at the end completely untranslated.

Google Translate is finally starting to give me the stinkers it's known for, because I am lost as all heck right now.
Ooh I found out who the guy is talking about. Apperantly Rik Riordan is the author who made the Percy Jackson series. So the guy is comparing your writings to his.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have NO idea.

It could relate to the Percy Jackson series' author. I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
*sleeps hardcore*
I'm really hungry

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ooh I found out who the guy is talking about. Apperantly Rik Riordan is the author who made the Percy Jackson series. So the guy is comparing your writings to his.
It could relate to the Percy Jackson series' author. I don't know.
I'm. . .not even sure how that's possible, TBH. I basically just threw the fic together off the seat of my pants, so I don't see how it could be reminiscent of an existing style that's actually successful.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11586476/1/Vulpecula-Rising

Considering the idiot plot twist as to the identity of the "purple hedgehog" (hint: not a fancharacter, not a Sonic character), being compared to insane Greek fanfiction is. . .hilariously prescient? Ironic? IDK. XD

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
What did you dress up as?
Eh...my costume was really ****ty. I had this black dress on and cat ears. It was a last minute thing. :awesome:
I wanted to go as Little Red Riding Hood but the costumes were too expensive and my folks didn't have enough money. So it was either ****ty cat costume or nothing at all.
I didn't care though tbh. As long as I got candy. :b:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Today was semi-disappointing for me as we didn't get nearly as many trick-or-treaters this year as we normally do. Passing out candy and seeing folks react to our heaivily decorated house is one of my favorite parts of the holiday.

At the very least the bunches that we did get were all really nice and fun people.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Today was semi-disappointing for me as we didn't get nearly as many trick-or-treaters this year as we normally do. Passing out candy and seeing folks react to our heaivily decorated house is one of my favorite parts of the holiday.

At the very least the bunches that we did get were all really nice and fun people.
I got few trick or treaters but I scared the hell out of some little kids so it's all good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eh...my costume was really ****ty. I had this black dress on and cat ears. It was a last minute thing. :awesome:
I wanted to go as Little Red Riding Hood but the costumes were too expensive and my folks didn't have enough money. So it was either ****ty cat costume or nothing at all.
I didn't care though tbh. As long as I got candy. :b:
You should have been the ring girl.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I got few trick or treaters but I scared the hell out of some little kids so it's all good.
I try not to scare the little ones lol

We do have this grim reaper that screams and pops up at people near the gate though, followed by wind sound effects and said reaper greeting guests in an eerie way. It scares a lot of our visitors, it's probably my favorite outside decoration. :laugh:

I did startle a few people with my costume though. That was fun.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323

Just be glad you have a club at school for it. There's probably enough people who play smash semi-seriously at my school to start one, but I'm far too lazy (and busy with robotics already) to start one. There's also the problem of both finding a teacher to help run it and the fact that my school pours waaaay too much money and focus on athletics.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
This won't bode well for Link's reputation...The king and Zelda will laugh at Link once they see him,

:awesome:
Also I doubt Link would make a good cheer leader, since you know, he just grunts. (and when he does talk it just makes both teams cringe).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom